Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 10, 2009 3:26 PM

May 2009
Nice episode... this time preparation huh. Well I liked when they left Ami and Ryuuji left in room. I am amazed how Ami changed... She really meant it. I though she was going to play bitch till the end and I hated her at the start, but I now seem to respect her more. She is type of person who will hide her feelings for the sake of the others. I fell for girls like that. Of course I like Taiga better, cuteness is just... awwwwwwwwwwwwwww wanna take her home :3
I like how Taiga is changed for Christmas... It is nice of her, it even got Ryuuji, how kind is she to her family after all that painful experience.
And of course there is Minori... she is in pain and confused in past few episodes. She tends to avoid Taiga and Ryuuji. Well they made it obviously that even idiot would understand... She think herself as bother of Taiga and Ryuuji. And I think she wants to keep Ryuuji away from herself because she think of herself that she isn't worthy to be with Ryuuji.
Well I am only hating this show because Taiga is becoming celebrity... always hated school idols. -_-''
Jan 10, 2010 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
This series is soooo good.
When the star fell in slow motion i was like..ohhhhhhhh craappp
then minorin walked in...pwned
but anyways I hope Ryuuiji confesses next episode!
Jan 17, 2010 2:39 AM

Sep 2009
its still bugging me why minorin is acting like this did i miss something here?? good thing i can watch the rest of these episodes tomorrow :)
Jan 24, 2010 4:45 PM

Nov 2009
Wow at first since minorin's so complicated to figure out i thought maybe its cause she really was lesbian or something but that cant be the case... things are getting interesting and slightly more serious now. Looking forward to the next series of episodes
Feb 1, 2010 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
oMfG Minorin is getting steamy with Ryuuji holy shiit. Its kind of apparent that she has SOME feelings for Ryuuji, but i think something might go wrong when we find out why Minorins been so depressed lately, but then Ryuuji will save the day, make things right, and possibly confess :D
Feb 25, 2010 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
I'm curious to see what Minorin's deal is. I love her too much, I don't want her to be sad :( Hopefully next episode reveals all!
Mar 5, 2010 6:25 PM

Aug 2008
awww the christmas tree's really pretty.

It's unexpected that the X'mas tree would fall..
that's what I love about Toradora! One moment you're on cloud 9 and the next moment you come crashing down.
Apr 27, 2010 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
This episode restored my love for this series. It was amazing.
May 18, 2010 7:47 AM

Jan 2010
wth sad episode :(

why is Minorin so emo wth?:(
but if i were ryujum,i would go in front of her damn house and sleep there all the night xD,that's waiting for her i say :)

5/5

PS:it's obvious theat Minorin likes Ryuuji,but why is she avoiding him?O.o...maybe could it be that she's afraid not to take Ryuji away from Taiga or something?that wouldn't be too smart of her i think...but it does sound plausible
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 23, 2010 4:15 AM

Nov 2009
clannad4ever said:
wth sad episode :(

why is Minorin so emo wth?:(
but if i were ryujum,i would go in front of her damn house and sleep there all the night xD,that's waiting for her i say :)

5/5

PS:it's obvious theat Minorin likes Ryuuji,but why is she avoiding him?O.o...maybe could it be that she's afraid not to take Ryuji away from Taiga or something?that wouldn't be too smart of her i think...but it does sound plausible

Minorin surely likes Ryuuji, so I think that she should confess too..

Agh. I am tired and intimidated by this strange love triangle or circle or mega-angle thingie...

I mean...

Taiga Likes Kitamura, Though deep inside she realizes she feels a vibe on Ryuuji, and Kitamura likes Sumire while starting to move on from her and Ryuuji tries to win Minorin, while knowing that she probably likes him, though heard from Kihara she likes Kitamura and wants Ryuuji to be with Taiga and that makes Ryuuji realize that he actually thinks Taiga is OK, but Haruta and Noto try to pair Taiga and Kitamura together SO WHAT THE...?

THIS IS A PLOT OF AN EVIL LOVE GENIUS!!!!!!

TORADORA FOR EVER~~~

Jun 21, 2010 2:27 PM
Mar 2010
Interesting plot.... Minorin cries and Takasu, for me, he's not falling in love to Minorin, he only think it!!!
forgive me, but I love Ami!! her monologue are awesome.... real voice out place!!! she has capacity to understand every situation... and she is kawaiii when she asks to takasu second chance..... XDXD
next ep will be great I hope.... XDXD
Jul 5, 2010 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
Damn, Minori broke the star.
Aug 19, 2010 4:48 PM

Jul 2008
What a bunch of melodramatic crap.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Sep 11, 2010 9:14 AM

Dec 2009
Somehow the fixed star looks better.. :')
Oct 10, 2010 7:19 PM

Sep 2010
IkouX said:

Minorin surely likes Ryuuji, so I think that she should confess too..

Agh. I am tired and intimidated by this strange love triangle or circle or mega-angle thingie...

I mean...

Taiga Likes Kitamura, Though deep inside she realizes she feels a vibe on Ryuuji, and Kitamura likes Sumire while starting to move on from her and Ryuuji tries to win Minorin, while knowing that she probably likes him, though heard from Kihara she likes Kitamura and wants Ryuuji to be with Taiga and that makes Ryuuji realize that he actually thinks Taiga is OK, but Haruta and Noto try to pair Taiga and Kitamura together SO WHAT THE...?

THIS IS A PLOT OF AN EVIL LOVE GENIUS!!!!!!

TORADORA FOR EVER~~~

the relationships are very confusing indeed

I'm curious about how this will turn out

Nov 18, 2010 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
I felt the pain when that star broke.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 21, 2011 4:52 AM

Sep 2008
Harlot said:
I'm really starting to get annoyed at Minorin right now.

But while she's going down the drain for me the other girls get a ton of points. Taiga, Ami and Kihara are great right now.

Hopefully Kushieda will come around eventually... Though I definitely agree that all the other female characters are pretty awesome at the moment - even Ami, who supremely annoyed me to begin with.

I'm amazed Ryuuji managed to put so much of that crystal star back together. Also... it was interesting to see Taiga not blushing at every instance that she interacted with Kitamura. (I don't believe she was blushing or getting all nervous when she asked him to put her own Christmas decoration at the top of the tree.)

Looking forward to the end of this arc and seeing how this concludes~
Mar 9, 2011 9:26 PM

Aug 2010
Touka said:
What a bunch of melodramatic crap.

This. What the fuck is Minorin tripping over for?
Mar 24, 2011 7:53 AM

Feb 2011
getting more interesting
still not understand why minorinn act like that
Apr 14, 2011 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
awww, yet again i am presented with a fabulous and touching episode.
May 5, 2011 7:53 PM

Aug 2009
Man, when that star broke, my mouth just fell open. I didn't want it to happen, but when Kitamura said that it looked expensive, and Taiga said it was special to her. Anything special to anyone always gets broken five minutes later. ALWAYS.

I've never enjoyed Minorin's character much. Even now, while she's being all angsty. Maybe if they can give a reason eventually, which they probably will, but meh. For now, she's just being annoying. And also Kihara. I have mixed feelings about her. I'm liking Ami more, and Taiga is still my favorite girl in this whole show. Her character just makes me smile.

Good episode. I'm eager to watch the next one, since something big happens apparently, what with all of the comments on the episode discussion thread.
Jun 18, 2011 10:38 PM

Aug 2010
Minorin!!! T.T
Aug 17, 2011 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
I have a neckle with a star just like that and one day it fell to the ground *sighs* It is really expensive and nothing really happened (just a little) but still beautiful.
Anyways this episode was really full of um emotion? Good episode :D
Nov 5, 2011 1:58 PM

May 2011
"Good" Taiga is really growing on me. ^^ Too bad she hasn't noticed that Ryuuji is "Santa Claus". The guy who had the epic dream already predicted it lol.

Ami-chan is seriously the best character in this series. She has developed a lot and has learned her place in the entire situation. She is the most mature and conforming. Not to mention model and playful while intelligent at the same time. I pity Takasu for being so blind.
Dec 20, 2011 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
Ryuuji finally asked her out. I don't know what's going on with Minori. Maybe she has issues, or is an yandere.
Dec 31, 2011 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
i knew with all this happy going on t was gonna crash sooner or later. though i was thinking taiga was gonna crash and just go berserk mode.

Jan 18, 2012 5:50 AM

Sep 2010
This is interesting. Ami's speech, Minorin's speech, both of them were very good.
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Aug 21, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 2012
Meh.
I thought tagsia will be mad that the star broke.
Minori is getting dumb now.
3/5
Nov 29, 2012 3:21 AM

Aug 2009
This show has some really great conversation parts. Ami's talk was interesting and Ryuuji said some super-cool things; I loved his one line that went like "I'm not doing this to help you, I'm just doing what I should." So awsum.

Taiga really is an angel, aww. She's so sweet.

The scene with the tree was very powerful, I thought. Seeing that glorious tree fall and that star shatter, man. I felt bad just watching it. I can't imagine how guilty someone like Minori would feel after that.

These past few episodes have been pretty calm, so I'm expecting a storm to show up during all this Christmas cheer. Augh, I bet it's gonna be TRAGIC.
Jan 28, 2013 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
Kawaii teacher is KAWAII XD

I'm feeling so bad Minorin :( Mostly because I knew someone before who was a lot like her and had to deal with a similar situation... Don't worry Minorin, time heals all wounds... But for god's sake PLEASE don't don't skip the xmas party DX !!
Apr 9, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
When I saw the softball after the star broke my jaw hit the floor.
I'm really looking forward to the Christmas Party.
Apr 15, 2013 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
I actually wasn't expecting the tree to fall over but did expect the star to break...

I LOVED the scene with Ami and Ryuuji in the gym shed. I think she really has changed and I wish Takasu would see that. I'm still rooting for them but frankly the pairing between two characters with natures like theirs is rarely seen in anime so I'm not expecting anything (though I can wish!).

Still not understanding Minorin's behavior but I'm sure it'll come to light soon. Taiga is still making me smile :)
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 6, 2013 3:53 PM
Oct 2010
nice going ya dumb bitch
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 23, 2013 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
WAY TO GO AMI!!!!!!
Jun 8, 2013 7:18 PM

Oct 2010
Ami is getting more interesting. I want Minorin's problems to be addressed fairly soon because I just find her annoying at the moment.
Jun 24, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2011
More Minorin...
I hope her problem gets addressed soon and we will move on to Taiga and Ryuuji getting together.
Dec 1, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2011
I'd actually like to see Ryuuji and Ami paired up. An alternative Toradora. That would be awesome. :P
Dec 15, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
Awwww, depressed Minorin is depressing :(

The ball scene came so much out of nowhere. It killed the moment...

Though, fixing the crystal star was a cujte scene.

It seem like Ami have feeling for Ryuugi, if it continue, it'll finish in an harem xD

Taiga believing in Santa is so cute :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 22, 2013 2:50 AM
Aug 2013
So the show is slowly growing on me, though I don't think its as good as many other ones I've seen lately.

Out of any of the girls for Ryuuji, id have to go with Ami still, Minorin, idk whats going on with her and too much of Taiga urks me, though far less when she isnt being as aggresive.

Figures the star broke.
Dec 23, 2013 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
y is Kushieda being so melodramatic, ew
Dec 27, 2013 11:28 PM
Nov 2013
Saw disaster coming as soon as that star came out. Painfully obvious that something was going to happen.

Ami's scene is this ep was good though, as was Ryuugi and Minorin fixing it.
Jan 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Still thinking that Ami should be the one here, she's improved a lot over the series, I'd like to see a happy ending with her
Jan 15, 2014 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
I hate seeing Minorin like this.. :(
Jan 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
I loved this one... Minori :3 and also everyone else... And the ending song was like damn. So good.
Jan 28, 2014 12:53 PM

Feb 2011
Everything's going to get better on Christmas, I'm sure of it. =D
Apr 12, 2014 9:06 AM
Dec 2013
Slow motion ...

All of it were all about Ryuuji/Minorin.. But still im supporting Ryuuji/Ami

May 19, 2014 10:31 AM
Jan 2012
Minori went from one of the best characters to one of the most annoying ones. Too much melodrama. I hope she improves again soon. :/

On other hand, I am liking Taiga and Ami more and more with the time.
Jul 31, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
Taiga's "Santa" thing with the orphanage was so heartwarming to listen to.

When that tree fell though, it was just O_O for me. I really didn't expect anything to happen at all. I thought they were going to end it on that good note of everyone seeing the tree all bright and finished.
Aug 16, 2014 8:21 AM
May 2013
You can see how the relationship and interest standings sloooowly change per episode. This is far better than I expected (and I expected it not to be so emotionally charged for some reason).
Oct 14, 2014 10:47 PM

May 2014
My jaw dropped when the ball smashed through the window. Hmm..

Wonder what Minorin's big issue is. Looking forward to the explanation behind the "is your guilt gone now?" thing.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.