Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 17, 2018 5:41 AM

Jul 2017
Rin is using a cellphone even though in F/SN she doesn't even know what a TV is
Aug 13, 2018 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
The first 3 episodes were pretty underwhelming, but man, did it turn around after that point. The battles really were the high points of this anime, with some amazing animation. I also liked Illya's down-to-earth attitude to gaining superpowers, that she was afraid to use them and that she'd rather return to having a normal life again. The whole friendship thing near the end contained incredible amounts of cheese, but dammit, I love cheese, especially if it's made of friendship.
The humour was kind of hit-and-miss, with some jokes having some very underwhelming delivery, or feeling way too forced, while other times it managed to be pretty amusing. Fanservice was top-cringe at times, but luckily it wasn't too prevalent. 6/10, if only because it didn't have enough battles.
Dec 12, 2018 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
Call me crazy, but this is the best I've seen of the fate series, cannon and spin off included. Mahou shoujos just fit perfectly with the universe and the use of the class cards was creative and interesting. Looking forward to the subsequent seasons. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 5, 2019 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah, I've heard this gets better so we'll have to watch the sequel. So far its probably a 6/10 - not as good as anything in Fate and not really a great shoujo
Jun 24, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2015
Miyu being clingy to Illya was cute, I guess she's caught the bug. Nice final battle with berserker.

I want to see that Illya transformation again, so I will be checking out the next season.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2019 12:19 AM

Mar 2018
I was hoping that Illya would somehow be able to tame the Berserker instead of just beating him up, to echo the heartwarming relationship she had with Heracles in FSN. (At least in the anime adaptations; I haven't played the VN.)

Overall this anime was pretty nice. It was as good as I expected. Illya is cute. Rin is nice. Luvia is annoying and unfunny, but what can you do? 7/10.
Jul 3, 2019 9:42 PM

Aug 2015
tbh I zoned out on the obligatory "emotional" episodes where Illya went all Shinji Ikari.
I'm only here for hot magical girl action, which it delivers and is really good.
I read the germ of this anime in Fate Hollow Ataraxia first and, I'd honestly have preferred the original Tohsaka / Luvia magical girl duo concept as the core of a spinoff anime. Illya in Prisma Illya is really not like the mainline Illya either, I can't see this Illya being as ruthless as the original Illya. Still, it gets me more Luvia / Tohsaka on screen so I can't really complain too much i guess.
Why do I feel Waver is playing the Kirei Kotomine role as Tohsaka's nemesis in this series? lol
Aug 15, 2019 4:24 AM

Aug 2018
So Miyu maybe wouldn't be against kissing Illya.. ;p
Miyu is rude towards others, though.. Uuu..
Overall, I'm not sure, how I liked these series.. I liked only Illya very much.. Miyu and Saphire were questionable characters.. And I more disliked Ruby, Illya's mom, Rin and Luvia.. School friends of Illya were alright, I think, but maybe would need more screen time..
Fights were also alright..
Overall, I was annoyed by a lot of things.. And some things I found enjoyable.. Overall, it's strange anime to rate, really.. I'd give it around 6-9, I guess.. Maybe would change score after watching more of this series..
Oct 3, 2019 2:28 AM
Dec 2017
This episode did made some child sexual jokes. may i was wrong but kinda felt lesbo in there
Dec 13, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2018
So, Miyu used Gae Bolg 2 times, ok.......

Rin: What....
Luvia: is this...?
The power of frienship.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 19, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2019
now that was a good ending. The only thing that ran through my head during the second half of the episode was "yurification yurifiation yurification"
also not to be a bad apple but
hay can't blame them for wanting the overkill method. i would have done the same thing if there was a bug in my room, except not with 5 excal shots but instead with a bottle of Lynx deodorant and a lighter.
Feb 10, 2020 6:42 PM

Dec 2014
That Miyu and Illya kiss was adorable and Miyu being clingy around Illya is cute. <3

The fight was great and I'm looking forward to the second season. Really should've seen this a long time ago.
Apr 10, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
ok like the kiss was such a tease
Apr 30, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2019
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

After watching this my respect for the story of Fate zero, stay night, UBW and HF have heavily increased. I had felt bad for the Fate illya has faced in UBW. So I thought I should check this out and see what she would've done if she hadn't died and had her mom and dad alive. I thought it would be a good idea. It wasn't. 3/10.
Jun 13, 2020 9:27 PM

Oct 2007
I guess that final large shot from the swords removed all of Berserker remaining life.

it's also about time they brought in the gay. Ilya, you just have to ask, and Miyu will give a kiss. Surprisingly, it feels like Miyu has the danger signs of someone who can become a yandere..

onwards to season 2! :)

10/10
Oct 26, 2020 5:28 PM

Oct 2019
I gave this show a try since I've been a Fate series fans. This show kinda remind me with an anime that I watched on my childhood every sunday morning, Card Captor Sakura, but with FSN materials. It's kinda fun, but lewding the loli isn't really necessary. Lol

7/10
andrearionaOct 26, 2020 5:33 PM
Nov 18, 2020 10:53 PM

Mar 2020
the loli ecchi parts were best thing, the various funny faces and reaction images were second best thing, fate stay night references were thrid best things

power of friendships and asspulls weren't

in this age of australia banning anime for being "pedophilia" we need more shit like prisma illya and we need boomers to stop forcing their bible fueled morals on us
Feb 4, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
I'm torn on this one, I liked it for the most part, but I had no knowledge of the manga and still thought the changes were complete shit and didn't make any sense. I don't know if I'm more pissed about them just completely leaving out everything to do with the seal/her powers or that they gave Miyu that ridiculous heel turn when that situation was clearly not Illya's fault at all.

Can't give it more than a 5/10 for those reasons.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 27, 2022 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
Loli/Fate is still the best Fate, along with Carnival Phantasm (and Ruby is honorary best girl). Regular Fate is too chuuni and grim derp for me to take it seriously.
Apr 7, 2022 5:24 PM

Jan 2015

Nawwww. Really liked this episode. The development with Illya and Miyu was super nice.
There's surely no way that's fucking Ryuunosuke at the end, right? That's gotta be someone else. Some new guy.
Jun 16, 2022 2:05 AM

Feb 2020
Nice final battle.

Ehh, Illya wanted to kiss Shirou? That kinda ruined the whole yuri scene.

However, Miyu clinging on Illya was heartwarming. They are so cute together. <3

Well, this was a pretty good first season. I liked the action scenes a lot. Also, most of the comedic moments were hilarious.
Jan 6, 2023 2:25 AM
Jan 2020
it's cute and i love this because I'm a big fan of the fate saga.
Jan 31, 2023 3:33 PM
Jun 2019
chill one easily watched
Aug 31, 2023 5:30 PM
Jul 2023
An average ending
- Multiple excaliburs is OP! Imagine that in a holy grail war.
- Berserker defeated, no servants left
- Illya kisses Shirou in the morning? Ew
- Illya and Miyu's newfound friendship is so cute, the handholding and PDA made me so happy especially with Miyu since she's shy
- That little girl got wrecked, nice one Miyu
- WAVERRRRR
- Does Rin and Luvia being stuck in Japan mean they're able to keep the cards? That would be pretty cool in the next season. Also, do Miyu and Illya get to keep Ruby and Sapphire and keep being magical girls?
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

May 2021
Illya is Bro-con+Yuri
Inhales oxygen
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.