Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Nov 2009
I am a huge fan of The World God Only Knows. It is the show that finally got me to start watching anime in subs, and not just dubs. I still love dubs though, and when I found out that the English dub was out I was kind of excited.

*My Opinion*
I can't even watch past episode 5 of the Eng Dub. It's honestly just too painful for me to watch, and hear the voice actors destroy my favorite characters. None of the voices seemed to fit, but ESPESCIALLY the first three main characters.

My main problem is with Keima though. I could have put up with Elsie's new, literally TRYING to be annoying voice (and you can tell that was what Lucy was trying for.) IF Keima had a worthy voice. I love the guy who does his voice acting in other works, but it did not work for this series, and i am aware that this is sslightly biased.

My biggest issue is that in the Japanese dub, Keima had a somewhat sultry, deep and contemplative voice, which clashed well with his activities, making it very funny, but also believable that he was slightly charming and was able to woo the girls in the series.....And yet the Eng Dub decided to play him off as a complete dork/dweeb/hakkikimori. It does not work...not at all.

This is only one of dozens of problems I have with the dub.
*My Opinion*

Mind letting me know what you think? (sorry if I came off a little strong)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2010

195 by little_raven »»
May 20, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2010

251 by little_raven »»
May 19, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

199 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

248 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2010

205 by little_raven »»
May 17, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.