Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2014 4:18 AM

Jun 2013
Episode was great. Lol @ Tomoko working in a factory. Tomoko cleaning the room, she regains some nostalgic memories. Tomoko and her brother used to be so close, and they were so adorable when they were little :3

Tomoko wished upon a star that a boy would watch the stars with her, but it wound up being a cat. Oh well. I do hope Tomoko gets close to her brother again. Or at least someone.
Aug 14, 2014 3:31 AM

Nov 2011
What a Sora no Manimani feel during the meteor shower.
Sep 3, 2014 10:36 PM

May 2009
The meteor shower was depressing to watch. Poor Tomoko :(
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Sep 3, 2014 10:36 PM

May 2009
The meteor shower was depressing to watch. Poor Tomoko :(
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Nov 15, 2014 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
I lost it when Tomoko started to work in that factory and the "Un-tan! Un-tan!" was a obvious reference to K-ON! Great episode!
Nov 21, 2014 9:39 PM

Apr 2014
Can't handle all those references

Neat episode, I liked it
Dec 4, 2014 7:27 PM

Mar 2014
The later half had a melancholy feel to it. It's almost as the world of time seems to flow by, while Tomoko is stuck in time as she watches her friends and her brother going on with life. Finding all of the different things of her past, reminding her of her of a time where she was part of the world, ultimately feeling alone in the current time.
...that or I'm just over thinking it with very little sleep... either one works.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jan 6, 2015 12:50 AM

Mar 2013
This scene just depresses me for some reason. How Tomoko was watching the meteorite falls alone and then the cat shows up T_T
Jan 26, 2015 12:50 AM
Jun 2013
I really hope tomoko never loses yuu. I think she would finally lose it as we almost saw she did. Also yuu needs a new color the pink burns my eyes. Ya know why didint she just ask yuu if she could work there as well. She knows they need the extra help. Holy crap her mom went in. HA LOZ reference. its crazy how close they were compared to now. that was an actual sweet moment with the bug. I hope down the line we get some bro sis moments.
Mar 5, 2015 7:48 PM
Oct 2013
DAT FACE.. :D

May 10, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
Again a very depressing yet funny episode, especially the cake factory part
I feel the exact same way as Tomoko when my mom is yelling at me
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jul 2, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
It's clear Tomoko isn't a very nice person in general, but I do really like her and feel sorry for her a lot of the time. This anime is the opposite of an escape from reality and depresses me a little when I can relate to Tomoko but I am really enjoying it. Good episode. Loved the K-On reference tho ;)
Jul 8, 2015 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
I felt bad for Tomoko in previous episodes.
After seeing her attitude towards helping out with the housework, I don't feel as much sympathy for her anymore.

Her family is pretty much all she has (along with Yuu), she should at least help them out.
Mirai, zura~!
Sep 3, 2015 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
Tomoko wants her friend so bad.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Sep 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Do you know what's cuter than cats? People who find cats cute.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 4, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2014
Sweet ending this episode. Also, I really love the way this anime depicts lights and lighting. It really caught my eye here and made me realize it's been something they've done the entire series. Love it.

Dec 3, 2015 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, the beginning of the second half was intense.

4/5
Dec 27, 2015 3:54 PM

Jul 2015
mistress_kisara said:
It really breaks my heart when I see her cry :(

+10000000
I just want to give her a hug. She reminds of myself. ;n;
Jan 24, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
This ep is hilarious but also sad. I love the mix of comedy and seriousness in this anime!
Aug 14, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2013
Grrr...her brother really pisses me off. Why did he start hating her so much?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 8, 2016 9:51 PM

Mar 2015
More glimpse of brocon from her brother lol. Damn, I guess that explains so much how he turned from loving the kind and helpful onee-chan to hating the cringey and unhelpful nee-chan.

Sep 12, 2016 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
Mum bringing the justice!
Sep 19, 2016 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Tomoko, that factory wasn't what she was hoping for.
She needs to clean her own room.
That scene with the cat was adorable.
Oct 10, 2016 6:43 PM
Mar 2015
Anybody know what the two animes she mentioned at 5:21 were? Fu**ya and Co** ***ner ? Somehow I don't seem to recognize them, though I got the Gantz and Parasyte The Maxim reference.
Nov 22, 2016 8:23 AM

Jun 2010
and thus another crazy cat lady was born XD
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 26, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2013
D'AWWWHHHHH, NEKO-SAN!!!!!!!!! *O*

I wanna work at that adorable cafe C:
Feb 23, 2018 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
Tomoko should have been more precise when she said she wanted baking job, that she wants to make hand made cakes

even i say factory work like this is boring AF (so i get why she hated there, ofc for her there was a extra reason for that reason), if i do something like this i want to do it with hand not in a factory, in my life i have done cake 3 times, nothing like they did in that factory though, different type, its not hard when u have recipe, ofc i always change something in the recipe (to get different taste, like it had lemon peel & i added orange peel, ofc it was grated, on instead of one of this chocolate to get brown cake, little things like that) lol

Sugram22Feb 23, 2018 12:20 PM
Apr 22, 2018 3:19 PM
Oct 2016

Here is the reference in this episode.
May 1, 2018 2:05 PM

May 2018
if anyone type kuroki x "the same name brother" then he will die skin cancer faster than anne frank(anime movie)

May 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Jun 2016
There's a motif of going back and looking at the past in this isn't there. Tomoko has changed a lot, it's hard to recognize her from the flashbacks.

The last scene was one of the most sad but ended in the most wholesome way we've gotten so far.
Jun 17, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
many people commented about a lot of references but i got only the k-on one... ):
loved this episode!
Jul 11, 2019 4:12 PM

Oct 2017
First part was amusing altought second kinda depressive for me
Btw. Sweet Cat <3
Feb 2, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2016
My favorite episode by far, and the fact that she was normal when she was young
surprised me.
Aug 9, 2020 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
Hahaha expectation vs reality. But seriously, I think Tomoko should calm down and try to get some help from Yuu about revamping herself. And I think she's the one acting younger than her bro lol They used to have a good relationship 🤣

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 30, 2020 4:14 PM

Aug 2020
The cat is so cute! I hope it helps her fix up her act.

Feb 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, she's her only friend and yet Tomoko calls even Yuu slutty behind her back. Well deserved that she couldn't make it to the date, but the fact that Tomoko would rather stay at home playing games at home says a lot..

Expectations vs reality part-time job edition lmao. Working as a waitress could've been a great way to improve social skills, even tho at some point you really get tired of people. Then again, for someone as Tomoko it would've been a nightmare, even worse than the trash factory where she ended up. Can't blame her for quitting, the thing is that she made her mom look bad as well. Imagine asking a friend for a favor and then your daughter just quits after the first day. I would've been pissed too.

And blaming her brother for trying...

I feel bad for Tomoko and I know the title of series is "No matter how you look at it it's you guys fault I'm not popular" still... Her delusions are one thing, but with such an attitude you can't expect to change anything about yourself and this episode truly put emphasis on her worst characteristics. Inability to take responsibility and selfishness. Yet she seemed "normal" as a child. Goes to show that many who ended up like her could change if they would start getting real. This is one of the reason this series has such value, it shows how it is and doesn't offer escapism. If you haven't dropped it you either embrace the dark comedy or start reflecting.

Hilarious episode overall, except for that ending.

"I get nothing but spice" that cut deep ;_;  we all have bad days, but I can't imagine how she must feel. At least it ended on a wholesome note for a change...more or less. It was just another cruel jape tbh.

Worst summer holidays ever

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2021 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
This episode fulfilled my desired entertainment for the day. What kind of entertainment?

On episode 9 of Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, we see Tomoko excited for her hang out with her old friend from her previous school, to go to the movies with her. However, due to the happenings in her old friend's Uncle's restaurant (Yuu), Yuu had to help her Uncle's restaurant run just like before. We see Yuu in a "cute" uniform in the cafe, and she does the "jiggling" thingy. Tomoko wanted to become just like her old friend from her previous school before the next term of her High School starts. So she started going to a factory, without her knowing that it was like that. I really feel bad for Tomoko Kuroki.

I am just like Tomoko Kuroki! I am lazy, unskilled, and have no friends. I even sleep late at night! I know I mustn't share this because this is unrelated to the discussion, but I wanted to let you guys know that I have problems too. Being called by my own parent(s) to do housework is really annoying. I just want to continue what I am doing. XD
We see Tomoko Kuroki's mother spitting out facts about herself, man that truly hurt. "So what if I'm a girl?", is what I would've said to my mother if I got into the same situation as Tomoko and get slapped by my own mother. Haha!

Tomoko and Tomoki's relationship before was really good, wasn't it? Right now, in this series they let us know that both of them don't talk that much to each other anymore. Damn, well they changed a lot I guess. Tomoko still hasn't found anyone to become friends with her, now that gives me the thinking. I've already had this thinking before but I just wanted to share it here: How did Tomoko Kuroki ended up like that? Like, how and why? I hope she'll get friends in the future though, she needs at least one. She already has Yuu but what I mean is friends at school who will always be at her side and will be a good influence to her.

That last scene, was Mokocchi's wish granted? Or was it just a coincidence?! Hmm... I don't think her wish was granted, because I don't think there's THAT thing at work, it was just pure coincidence I guess. Welp, onto the next one!
Jul 23, 2021 10:07 AM

Nov 2017
Mayne, this episode was probably the saddest one yet. I sure hope it doesn't get any sadder than this. Tomoko cryin' is just... bleh 😢
Nov 10, 2021 8:45 PM
Sep 2021
tomoko's fantasies make me worry about her..
Dec 30, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2021
Can't blame her for quitting the factory after one day. I had a job like that once at a food factory. I quit / was fired after 11 days. It was a 12 hour shift, you're not allowed to sit down at all, they work you to the bone, don't even treat you like a human. You're just another part in the machine. They seriously made a 60 year old woman stand at an assembly line like that all day and she wasn't allowed to sit or she'd get written up. Get written up enough times and you're fired. Staying at that job would only break Tomoko further by making her feel more worthless, useless, and separated from the world. But working at the upscale French cafe would have been too great a leap as a first step too. Maybe she should look into fast food first.

Also what kind of cat eats rice? Maybe the ball was filled with fish paste and the scent was enough.
Mar 27, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2019
The job at the cake factory doesn't look so good. Soul crushing, to say the least.

A boy cat is kind of a boy, so her wish got true to an extent.

This episode felt more serious than the others, like Tomoko has realized that life isn't all that her mind makes her believe.

Mar 2, 2023 7:43 AM

Jul 2017
I'm just wondering, what made Tomoko be... Tomoko? I mean, looking at the flashbacks, she was a lively girl with high responsibility. I don't know what happened to her during middle school, something that turned her gloomy, useless, slack, and prone to think negatively. I was hoping during the meteor shower scene she cried because she finally realized what has gone wrong with herself. Guess, I'll keep watching and hoping she finally could get out of her dire lifestyle.
Nov 5, 2023 9:22 AM
Oct 2023
another great episode! really love this anime, and tomoko got a cat to watch the meteor shower with
Dec 1, 2023 9:35 PM
Jul 2021
I dunno what it is about watching an Otaku Degen, but this shit boppin'.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.