Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
First volume is fully translated now with the chapters and illustrations. I've only read the manga but this sure is something of a start.

It reminds me a little of Accel World. The main girl is kinda cute I guess but I like Sora better. He is more of the cool guy with his character design and chillness. Lol, I'm not so sure if this game is a 'shit game' if they call for saviors.

Some of the drama is okay I guess. The 'ecchi' or rather suggestive parts are kinda weird though. Anyways, can't wait for anime to air soon!
Sep 5, 2013 7:49 PM
Jan 2013
Amazing series is fucking amazing! Read the whole thing in one sitting. Can't wait until volume 2 is finished translating.
Jan 19, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2010
These siblings are the best ever :D

BAs to the extreme ^^
Apr 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
Just read the intro plus the first 4 parts of the 1st chapter (damn those chapters are long aren't they?) after watching the first episode and I like it a lot so far, they changed some stuff from the normal world scene though. They also forgot to mention a few details in the anime but I guess they'll reveal them later.

I just wish this was licensed so I could buy a copy of it in English
Apr 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
dat Chess game. Seriously, it was the highlight for NGNL's volume 1.
Sora is so BA!! and kawaii Shiro. :3 Definitely one of the likeable sibling characters.
Apr 23, 2014 8:51 PM

Jan 2010
I've finally found the entire, translated volume I, and I'm honestly enthralled. Sora and Shiro are already probably some of my favorite characters of all time.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 24, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2012
I can't get enough of this series!!! It's SOOOOO GOOOD. I've literally watched the first few episodes of the anime 10+ times, read what's out for the translated manga, and just finished Vol 1 of the LN.

Seriously can't wait to see the series progress cuz it's just become one of/if not my favorite series ever.
Apr 29, 2015 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
I wish Yen Press had more translated atm.
It was funny to read, with all those references.
May 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
Was I the only one who thought that the Yen Press release of volume 1, in terms of translation, was actually really bad? I mean, among other things, they changed Kurami's name to Chlammy, which is frankly ridiculous and made it so that I couldn't even tell who it was supposed to be at first. Also, the sentences were often broken up really weirdly, ending in the completely wrong places all the time. At first, I thought it might just be a mistake, but it seems to be a chosen writing style, which I'd be fine with if it actually had any kind of effect other than being annoying and breaking the flow.

Still, the references were pretty cool, and the story itself is still very strong despite the aforementioned annoyances.
Jun 25, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2015
Loved this volume cannot wait to read volume 2. I really didn't like the fact they changed Kurami's name to Clammy XD

The game was awesome it was interesting to see the differences between the anime to the book as well. The audience watching the match made it more thrilling the book in my opinion. The author did an amazing job with the universe as well. Loved the fact that Tet walked in at the end and how everyone in the room was freaked out besides Sora and Shiro. The drama was better done in the book as well especially between Steph and Sora.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 3, 2019 4:12 AM

Feb 2018
Volume 1 get anime adaptation.
Sep 3, 2023 4:10 PM

May 2022
NGNL Volume 1 was pretty good. The volume masterfully showed its world and how it works.

The protagonists are very captivating and their gaming skills are exceptional. They even intend to challenge the god of the new world they were teleported!

It is interesting to note some differences between the LN and the anime, like in the battle for the crown, where in the Novel they play chess on a "common board".

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life Volume 11 Discussion

Satan1234 - Apr 7, 2022

7 by Gorgos »»
May 23, 3:35 PM

» State of the Light Novel / Manga

ateks - Jul 6, 2022

6 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 7:05 PM

» any news?

monke_guy - Feb 28

11 by monke_guy »»
Mar 1, 12:37 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Chapter 14 Discussion

y2k890 - Mar 27, 2016

2 by Rezete_01 »»
Jan 4, 4:38 PM

» Season 2 for anime?

KillerMammoth - Jul 9, 2014

1 by yssfbrrd »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.