Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2013 8:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, so the finale is sort of a gathering of all the main heroines from each of the arcs. Suomi is still my favorite though...

I guess final episode ties in the theme of the diamond dust drops. I figured it would be something down that line...

Overall, 5/10. Romance aspect bombed but it had some nice emotions and back stories. Suomi best girl.
Feb 21, 2016 10:33 AM

May 2012
I was already wondering how they'd do the final episode with the last episode, ending that arc. In general it wasn't too bad as every main heroine appeared in this sort of compilation of all the stories.

But well in general this anime was a bit slow, only a handful of scenes were good and in general the forced drama wasn't too good.

All in all an average anime.
Apr 29, 2017 6:08 AM

Apr 2011
And not all of them have met each other in person; the actual meet-ups that I've seen were:

1. Karin and Suomi; and
2. Atsuko and Akari
Nov 17, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
It's more or less what I'm looking for in anime.
That kind of atmosphere, daily life with a little bit of fantasy, narration like this, art direction like this and a lot other things. It doesn't need to be ultra high budget production. Ironically it's a Deen's anime, one of my least favorite studios...

Solid 8/10 for me.

I watched it with Froth Bite fansubs and it was even more nostalgic. I really miss that kind of fansubbing. Back then people put their whole hearts into their subs, without pointless localization and simplifications.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 27, 2022 6:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh that's actually a pretty good idea to gather all the heroines from the different arc in the same episode/place, and the diamond dust happened!
Overall I would say it's average/fine at most since some arcs were just boring or OK and some other ones were actually pretty good (like Suomi's one and the last arc).
Though that's definitely not an anime I will remember and I'll probably forget it in the next months, but that was still fine to watch so no regret.
Jan 23, 2023 8:31 PM

Aug 2014
Diamond Dust Drops is a very nice anime. Unreal to believe that episode one was released almost 20 years ago on January 2004 (im typing this on January 2023).

All the heroines were cute / adorable, especially Atsuko (the first arc girl).

I was disappointed that Atsuko didnt give the fiance guy in her arc a chance, since he seemed like a nice guy and really loved her, and wanted the best for her.  But both Atsuko and the fiance guy both moved on and met someone new. Thats a shame.

It still stings that the father of the waitress girl didnt make it. It truly is a shame. 

Also nice to see the boyfriend of the redhead movie girl returning to see her. 

Diamond Dust Drops is an underrated anime, and shame its not more known. 
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:46 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

4 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

6 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

7 by yotsuo »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

4 by Ashhk »»
May 27, 2022 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

2 by Ashhk »»
May 26, 2022 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.