Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 21, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
I just finished the 4th episode and overall the show feels more depressing and cringe-y than funny. I guess it's the embarrassing scenes that kill me on the inside to watch. I feel so bad for Tomoko, I just want to give her a hug lol. So I guess my main question is, does the show get less sad? And how many more heartbreaking episodes do I have to watch until that happens?

' ^ '

officer i was not resisting arrest i was just being tsundere
Aug 22, 2013 12:14 AM

Jul 2011
It doesn't.
Aug 22, 2013 12:35 AM
Apr 2011
This picture of 3D Tomoko will make you happy.

Aug 22, 2013 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Gets worse. Her whole life is awkward, makes me feel bad for her as well. Her brother is funny as fu*k though.
Aug 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Nov 2012
Harii said:
It doesn't.

Aw...maybe this anime is wasted on someone like me then. I just end up feeling bad for her and can't enjoy the funny parts. Thanks

ravagestorm said:

Picture doesn't load for me =x
Aug 22, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
Dark-Passenger_ said:
Gets worse. Her whole life is awkward, makes me feel bad for her as well. Her brother is funny as fu*k though.

Yeah I liked her brother too. I thought he was gonna help her out, but it sounds like she pretty much stays the same.
Aug 22, 2013 12:47 AM
Apr 2011
Ok I'll just post the video.

Aug 22, 2013 12:56 AM

May 2012
lolrithak said:
Harii said:
It doesn't.

Aw...maybe this anime is wasted on someone like me then. I just end up feeling bad for her and can't enjoy the funny parts. Thanks

ravagestorm said:

Picture doesn't load for me =x

You just can't catch a break can you?
Aug 22, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
Welcome to dark humour people. The show is indeed cruel and even offensive to some but is still considered funny by most. Not telling you to get over it, but it doesn't look like this show is one that is heavy on the character development stuff.
Aug 22, 2013 1:36 AM

Nov 2012
Objurgo said:
Welcome to dark humour people. The show is indeed cruel and even offensive to some but is still considered funny by most. Not telling you to get over it, but it doesn't look like this show is one that is heavy on the character development stuff.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. She's just so adorable and miserable rofl. I'm not strong like you guys, that shit makes me sad.

I usually like depressing things, as long it gets better eventually...which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Aug 22, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
This show definitely make me cringe and I pause multiple times throughout the episode just to let the "Cringe meter" lower itself before continuing.

I feel that the sad part of this show is Tomoko's inability to hold a basic conversation with others. Having no friends is fine, but being unable to speak properly to a classmate or anybody in general (like in Starbucks) is sort of hard to watch.

That being said, this show is funny on many counts, for example "G for Giant" in starbucks, and the honey jar lid falling onto her coffee. Overall still more cringey than funny.

Will still watch it though, as i'm interested to see how Tomoko goes through other challenges in life.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Aug 23, 2013 2:59 PM
May 2012
It's so funny, I cry
Aug 23, 2013 3:13 PM
May 2013
The Manga made me sad.../:
Aug 23, 2013 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
It's a comedy, you're supposed to laugh.

It's like watching the Three Stooges then cry because they're whacking each other with a sledge hammer.

We laugh at the Stooge because they hurt each other.
We laugh at Tomoko because she's miserable and we didn't know if she'll improve or not.
Aug 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
The_Mad_Wizard said:
It's a comedy, you're supposed to laugh.

It's like watching the Three Stooges then cry because they're whacking each other with a sledge hammer.

Damn...guess I never thought about it like that. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy it keeping that in mind. Thanks for that =D
Aug 24, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2013
lolrithak said:
I just want to give her a hug lol

Just imagine what Tomoko will feel at this time. If you saw 6th ep.

ravagestorm said:

DAT TIZ! And tie - why it's red?
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Aug 27, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
People who complain that this show is too sad or that there's no development is severely missing the point.

It's like getting upset over Tom and Jerry because you just wanna see Tom catch Jerry. You're looking at it from the wrong point of view. You have to look at it from a comedic stand point rather than a cynical one, which I think most people are doing. Just as Tom gets whatever coming to him, Tomoko constantly sets herself up for failure, that appropriately comes back to bite her in the ass. I think it would be an insult if she does always get her way. I rather see her fail and learn something than succeed and learn nothing.

As for whether she'll change or not, speaking as someone who has been through that phase, she will. That's what this is, really, just a phase that she'll eventually get over, and to look back and either laugh at or cringe at her endeavors. She's still in high school, she's still learning how the world works. Maybe we'll never get to see that change, but she will. Probably when she leaves high school, where popularity doesn't matter as much. Maybe she won't suddenly become super popular, but she will eventually stop pursuing it.
Aug 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
brainstorm5 said:
This show makes me feel a little bit better when I'm having a huge depression

Same for me, i love this anime cause it show's what reality can realy be for shut-in's lmao.
Aug 29, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
I do kinda enjoy seeing this pathetic character fall deep into the depths of hell.
Sep 1, 2013 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
And I thought I was weird not to like this for the same reason. I tried to read the manga first and to watch the anime, but no good. And I'm someone that usually likes kinds of black humor but this... I can't help but feel bad for Tomoko.
I don't understand what's so funny in watching a shut-in with a pretty depressing life °-°
Sep 1, 2013 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
i know i'm suppose to laugh but I can't. the show does have a bit of comedy but it overall just painful to watch. if I didn't have a self imposed rule about finishing what I started I would drop it. also I tend to like some dark comedies. welcome to the NHK is one of the funniest things I've seen in my life but this is just painful. my main problem with the show is that I don't even want to give Tomoko a hug, she is a bad person and deserve some of the bad things that happen to her.
Sep 2, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2012
I love that girl mokocchi <3
Is so cute <3
I cant wait for the next ep :3
Sep 2, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Poor thing, let me pet your head.
YOKO ONO
Sep 2, 2013 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
o_o well, I thought that everyone laugh at this show, I can't stop laughing at every episode, it does not look sad or painful to watch to me, but who know maybe I'm the strange one xD
Sep 3, 2013 12:32 AM

Feb 2013
This show is hilarious but sometimes I wish good things would happen to her every now and then.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 7, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2011
Bad things happen to Tomoko because she is a terrible person, and I'm not sad when she fails because of her own failures.

I am sad when she fails even when she tries, like with the cake factory. Kinda funny, I guess, but also kinda disappointing if you've ever worked a dead end job before.

Seeing Tomoko continue to be a bad person will always allow for guilt-free laughs at her, which I like, but it will get boring eventually. I want to see her try and succeed at something, otherwise this is going to turn into Endless Eight: endless repetition with only hints of something changing and people making the same stupid mistakes over and over.
Sep 8, 2013 6:55 PM
Aug 2013
This show ain't sad.
Sep 15, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
I too found myself kinda sad after watching this show. I laugh about it a little bit but the thing is is that I know there are people like that in real life and it makes me sad because I think those are the types more likely to commit suicide. :/ I relate to her a tiny bit but not a whole lot... It just makes me sad that her parents don't seem to notice/care that she has social problems.
Funny how this anime is sad, but I normally love dark humor, like "I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself" and stuff like that. Perhaps because dark humor is usually unprobable in my mind. I'm not sure.
Sep 15, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
I half expected this to turn into a semi-romance, but it doesn't look like it will, from reading some of the above :/

I certainly D'aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww at a lot of the cringe moments, but it's still funny as heck :I

Like others have said, I just wanna give her a hug :/
Sep 21, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
Its true! I sometimes feel a bit sorry for her~! This anime is suppose to be a comedy that makes people laugh, but I can see some people feeling sad about it since it might relate to some people who are just like tomoko.
Sep 30, 2013 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
I find that one moment I'll get the feeling that the show is depressing, then the next I'll be laughing. Then the cycle repeats...

EDIT: I take it back. This show is initially sad but it's just so ridiculous and over the top that you can't take it seriously. Hilarious show.
removed-userSep 30, 2013 10:37 PM
Oct 8, 2013 10:56 AM
May 2012
ravagestorm said:
Ok I'll just post the video.

That is so adorable :3
Jan 12, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
I feel sorry for Tomoko, but the series doesn't really make me sad, it's very humorous, she's kinda like a "Sad Sack" type of character, (Sad Sack was an old military based comic strip, he was somewhat misfortunate.)

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.