Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 12:07 AM

Feb 2011
Harii said:
Omegadark said:
I loved these episodes, but wow I really, really,really,REALLLY hope that it didn't end this way because of society and this is truly how the author meant for it to end.

If it was, then I can accept a ending like this. If not, then I guess I'll go play the game for my true ending lol.

It is the ending that the author meant.

Is that what he said at Otakon? You can't say for sure that he didn't have a true ending in his head, but decided not to end the LN that way because of how society would see it or because of laws.
Aug 18, 2013 12:08 AM
Jun 2009
Huh. Clearly the majority of you didn't see the kiss and how it was blatantly clear that they were going to resume their relationship in secret in the somewhat near future.
Aug 18, 2013 12:10 AM

Dec 2010
You all need to watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Learn some Realism. I thought the ending was fine. It wasn't the greatest. I agree with most of you that I rather have Kyousuke take atleast one of the girls (Kuro or Kirino). Then have all the characters be fine with it. But the author took this into matters of real life. Look into the real message.

In the end he kissed her. You can see they still have some affection. You can guess what is going to happen next.

Episode 14: 10/10
Episode 15: 8/10
Cat Fight Scene: 4/10
Episode 16: 9/10
Aug 18, 2013 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
Xyphon101 said:
Huh. Clearly the majority of you didn't see the kiss and how it was blatantly clear that they were going to resume their relationship in secret in the somewhat near future.
... How dumb can you be?
Aug 18, 2013 12:13 AM

May 2013
That fight between Manami and Kirino was awesome. This was a good series.
Aug 18, 2013 12:13 AM
Aug 2013
For people complaining about incest not going "all the way".

Facts:
-Kyousuke loves Kirino. Kirino loves Kyousuke. They know that they love each other.
-Kyousuke has rejected all other girls so he's not going to have a relationship with any of them. He insists on having chosen Kirino and that nothing will change it. Kirino, too, has no other love interests, only Kyousuke.
-Kyousuke and Kirino are going to be together "forever".
-After they've come back to be "normal siblings", Kyousuke kisses Kirino (on cheek, but that's not a thing that people who are not lovers do in Japan) AND Kirino says they're "talking" about it when they get home (very suggestive).

So they clearly end up together (read between the lines; incest is controversial, understand the LN author). AND even if what I say is false (which is unlikely), I'd be happy with the ending and with what their relationship becomes even if they came back to be "100%" (impossible) normal siblings.

Incest FTW!
Aug 18, 2013 12:15 AM

Jan 2010
Y'all incest lovers should play Natsuzora no Perseus. There is some crazy incest poppin off in that VN lulz.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 18, 2013 12:16 AM

May 2012
Well, I was going into these last 3 episodes hoping for the small small chance that these episodes would somehow redeem this terrible series. I hoped in vain. Terribad incest plot + more girls confessing to MC (thus these girls can now be formally added to the harem, with the harem count now standing at 5 girls). The only part I liked out of these last 3 episodes was the ending where the MC and sis called off their relationship, I loved it because it was so trolling and I love it when anime troll around with their viewers.

Final rating: 1/10 (would score lower if I could). Unfortunately, our fellow perverted incest loving otaku MAL users are gonna overrate this shit.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Aug 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
Graduation time. Wow, that cute guy (Kirito's voice, wasn't it?) and the BL girl being the pair. lol @ revealing why he was in the club, liking oppai. Kirino vs. childhood girl. It took a while for Kyousuke to realize that "that person" is her. There's a wedding, too! oh, so it was just a limited time only lover until then.

lol @ Kyousuke's "I love sister" pose shown in all three eps.

ED: Thank You by Kirino

Screenshots, etc.
tsubasaloverAug 18, 2013 6:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Feb 2013

They should have stayed together. :(

Jul 2011
Omegadark said:

Is that what he said at Otakon? You can't say for sure that he didn't have a true ending in his head, but decided not to end the LN that way because of how society would see it or because of laws.

One can never be too sure about that, and I can't find any sources that he intended the ending to be something else, so you'll just have to go with how the original novel ended.

It's still a pretty open ending, and the epilogue suggests that they continued their relationship in secret
Aug 18, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
Hah... The end of the anime is as bad as the fifteen last pages of the novel. That non ending with his plot breakdown really annoys me.
Aug 18, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2012
I knew this shit was coming by YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever watched from the start of 14 to 16.
Aug 18, 2013 12:25 AM

Dec 2010
Someone should list the pros and cons of the ending. I fail to see why it is horrible except the following:

- Incest (It may be creepy but IT'S ANIME. YOU ARE WATCHING OREIMO YOU KNOW THIS WAS INCEST)
- Kyousuke got nothing after all that (I agree, but come on. You know the tragedies of Harems.)
- Ayase didn't show up (didn't need to she already got rejected. Love her though)

At least this ending wasn't as bad as Guilty Crown (love the anime hate the ending). Therefore please list them
Aug 18, 2013 12:26 AM
Jun 2009
Sourire said:
Xyphon101 said:
... How dumb can you be?

I don't know, why don't you tell me?

Kyousuke kissed her in the epilogue using siblings as an excuse. As someone already pointed out, a kiss on the cheek is a bigger deal in Japan than here. Kuroneko used one to confess as did Ayase. And then she said that they are going to continue the life counseling.

It was heavily implied that they are going to continue their relationship some time in the future. When that will happen I don't know but I'm 100% it will.

The ending was ambiguous as to how they will work out the relationship and whatnot but it's clear that they will be continuing it.

I'm sorry you're unable to realize this and all you can do is mope about how he gave up everything for nothing, even though it's clear it won't always be like that.

It would be nice to have a little story about how they deal with their troubles, and I would have preferred if it had ended with the kiss during the wedding, but this ending was pretty clear what its intentions were.
Aug 18, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
Loved the ending! I was so excited to see the peaceful Manami get all fired up!!! I was hoping something would happen between her and Kirino! Well, even though i usually look down upon incest in romances, I'll gladly let this off the hook because it was just so well structured and played out. Loved it!
Aug 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
Really disappointed in this last episode. There were some good parts to it, like the tense scene between Manami and Kirino, but that ending is just something I can't praise. The last two episodes were pretty good but this one..ehh not so much.

I still enjoyed everything prior to this episode, and I definitely like Oreimo as a whole. So basically I'm sad that the series is over.. but need some time to try to accept this ending.
MillsAug 18, 2013 12:39 AM

Aug 2011
You know when you eat some new food and at first you think "this is really good," then you finish it and you have this really weird after taste and your not sure if it was really good or not... how i'm feeling about this episode, I'm really conflicted about this ending. I'm a huge Kirino fan... but this ending... i just don't know :/

Sep 2012
That a pity that Akimi Sakurai didn't appear at all. There was an awesome scene between her and kirino.
Aug 18, 2013 12:31 AM

Dec 2010
I'm more surprised most of you didn't expect something bad was going to happen. There was 2 episodes left after they got the proposal
Aug 18, 2013 12:32 AM

Feb 2013
Well that was pretty anti-climactic. He dumped Kuroneko for a quick kiss with Kirino. I would've liked it better if they both stayed together and even better if he got with Kuroneko without going through all that with Kirino. I was hoping these OVAs would give alternate endings or I would've been satisfied with a better Kirino ending but beggars can't be choosers oh well.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 18, 2013 12:38 AM

Dec 2010
Krissirk said:
Well that was pretty anti-climactic. He dumped Kuroneko for a quick kiss with Kirino. I would've liked it better if they both stayed together and even better if he got with Kuroneko without going through all that with Kirino. I was hoping these OVAs would give alternate endings or I would've been satisfied with a better Kirino ending but beggars can't be choosers oh well.

Quick kiss? Boy don't you remember they spend 3 years with each other after the proposal. I am not actually sure. I think I read it wrong

Japanese High School = 3 years. Kirino just graduated from middle school. They promise each other they will become normal siblings after her high school graduation.
diamondketoAug 18, 2013 12:45 AM
Aug 18, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
You might want to take a look on the timeline once again.
Aug 18, 2013 12:44 AM
Oct 2010
My life is now complete. nothing more to say.
Aug 18, 2013 12:46 AM
Aug 2013
marvinsa07 said:
My life is now complete. nothing more to say.

+1
Aug 18, 2013 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
A very unusual ending, he gave up his "popular period" for her but ultimately they decide to call it off? I mean from a legal point of view as he already graduated high school, so didn't he already go over that mark?

Also not to piss off kirino supporters, but I truly believed that kuroneko should have ended up with him or atleast have gotten an alternate ending :(

I found the emotional scene at the beginning of episode 14 overshadow everything that happened with kirino in the subsequent 2.5 episodes. She really loved him and from what she said previously she would have even been fine being hurt as a third wheel.

I was half expecting her to have a come back and get together with kyousuke especially when the siblings broke up after the pretend wedding :S

Oh well hopefully they will release some sort of alternate ending to keep Kuroneko fans happy :D
Aug 18, 2013 12:52 AM

Oct 2012
*Speechless*

Even though I know it's impossible, I'm wishing they would make a Kuroneko route OVA or something.

It was a long ride, but the shows finally over...didn't end how I wanted it, but it was still fun nonetheless. 7/10

Aug 18, 2013 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Not gonna lie, I was pretty butthurt the entire time hoping he'd get back with Kuroneko, or at least anyone either than Kirino which was just a pretend relationship again so all the girls were rejected for what?
Aug 18, 2013 12:57 AM

Jan 2012
Harii said:
Omegadark said:
I loved these episodes, but wow I really, really,really,REALLLY hope that it didn't end this way because of society and this is truly how the author meant for it to end.

If it was, then I can accept a ending like this. If not, then I guess I'll go play the game for my true ending lol.

It is the ending that the author meant.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the author said he wanted to make their relationship go further, but I forgot the reasoning he gave as to why he didn't. If I started digging around /a/ archives I might be able to find it...
Aug 18, 2013 1:14 AM

Jun 2012
I actually liked the ending a lot. This has always bee a favorite of mine and I'm sad to see it end. It was a hell of a show and i'll probably always remember it as one of the best of its genre. Ill be picking up the novel sooner or later since there are definitely some differences.

Oreimo over all 8/10
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 18, 2013 1:18 AM

Jan 2012
All these tears are delicious! Seriously though, it was a fun ride. The Kirino vs Manami fight was pretty epic. Also it's funny that she threatened to go to their father but some how I get the feeling that he'd be chill about their relationship.
Aug 18, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2012
Such a depressing ending D: I had hoped for a different one :/
Aug 18, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2011
Ahri said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the author said he wanted to make their relationship go further, but I forgot the reasoning he gave as to why he didn't. If I started digging around /a/ archives I might be able to find it...

I think I remember something like that, but I haven't found any original sources of that statement so I've just taken the ending for what it is. If it's true, then it's a shame that the author couldn't go further than an open ending for whatever reason.

By the way, I'm pretty sure he released a bonus chapter that takes place ten years later, but there are no translations for it yet
Aug 18, 2013 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
Delicious, delicious tears and hating!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbIR51_J_qY

I was hoping for a more one-sided beating the hell out of Manami, but she got what she deserved at least.

Well, this was a fun ride, even if one takes into account that the author chickened out in the end, but we all know how their future will go anyway, right? 7/10 enjoyed the comedy and the incest.

Kirino looked really lovely.
Aug 18, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
Akimi Sakurai is probably that new girl in the Otaku Girls Unite club thing, this calls for an OVA :D
Sayaka Kakei is probably going to be figured out by Ayase and will need Kyousuke's help, calls out for another OVA.
I hope they make OVA's for Kyousuke to recover his relationships with the girls, especially Kuroneko's and Ayase's.
Aug 18, 2013 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
It was a good way to end it.

Manami is still my most hated anime character of all time.

Harii said:
I'm pleasantly surprised that they managed to do the true ending of the novel, with it being incest and all.

To quote Wikipedia.

"Incest is sexual intercourse between family members and close relatives."

--> This was by no means incest.
.................................................................................
Aug 18, 2013 1:30 AM

Apr 2013
I have nothing more to say to this series... ha ha ha great memories were created along the way but now..
Aug 18, 2013 1:34 AM

May 2011
Didn't really care for the romance endings, but the sheer stupidity of Kyousuke is fucking comedy gold. I was laughing my ass off the entire 3 eps. Really freaking enjoyable cause of the unintentional humor.
Aug 18, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2011
Romedbaumann said:

To quote Wikipedia.

"Incest is sexual intercourse between family members and close relatives."

--> This was by no means incest.

It was still an incestious relationship
Aug 18, 2013 1:41 AM
Mar 2008
So 2 seasons and like 2 OVA seasons for this... I really expected better.

The whole series ended just like it began, they could have summed this up in less episodes. And to be honest, the only two characters that actually got me a little were Kuroneko and the other girl that Ayase, rest were next-to-not important at all (at least they didn't get to me at all) and the Kirino ending was obvious, the only thing that was not obvious is how they were gonna ruin it on the last 5~8 minutes.

Really, terrible ending.
Aug 18, 2013 1:41 AM

Sep 2010
My head is hurting. Seriously. The ending was a train wreck. I just... What? What was the point of all this time, all this pain, all this drama, if you were just going to go back to how things were before? I don't understand. ._.
Aug 18, 2013 1:52 AM

May 2013
COMPLETE BULLSHIT i wont stop thinking about this for a long time now........

i expected better
Aug 18, 2013 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
The ending is a bit trolling and bittersweet but it was solid and fun. I liked the entire serie in the end so 5/5 from me. :)

ps: Hope for an Oav to show what happen in the near future, maybe a full Kirino ending, but i guess will be impossible. :D
Fn76Aug 18, 2013 2:02 AM
Aug 18, 2013 1:56 AM

Jul 2009
I'll just leave this here:
http://i.imgur.com/zddm8uW.png
worthless the pledges, all vows but lies...

Aug 18, 2013 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
GIVE ME A FUCKING ALTERNATE ENDING WITH KURONEKO PLOX!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Aug 18, 2013 2:12 AM

Apr 2010
The ending felt like a cop out to me, was disappointed to an otherwise entertaining series.
Aug 18, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2009
Golden_Darknezz said:
GIVE ME A FUCKING ALTERNATE ENDING WITH KURONEKO PLOX!

Pretty much this... -_-

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 18, 2013 2:13 AM

Jun 2012
I don't understand how they can go back to be normal siblings after ALL that.
Aug 18, 2013 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
8/10

I liked it and all, but I don't know that ending was unexpected but in a way to be expected.

Wait a minute. If their love was as real and intense as it seemed throughout these 3 episodes, how could it end like that? Can Kyousuke really cut off his ties and forget about Kirino after everything he went through.

It might have been too dark for this series, but I would have liked to see it continued after the fake marriage. The scene with them coming out to their parents would have been intense, and the fallout after that. It would have turned into something like Koi Kaze, which wouldn't fit the tone of the anime.

So, it's understandable, this was the only way it could have happened.
RediceRyanAug 18, 2013 2:33 AM
Aug 18, 2013 2:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I had already read the light novel, but the ending is still pretty bittersweet. It's a hell of a lot more realistic than the eroge scenario would've been though ^^
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.