Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 9:23 AM
Sep 2011
The author is trolling us. He wanted to see how many people would still proclaim the series a masterpiece if he wrote the worst and most forced ending possible for the series. That is the only possible explanation!
Aug 18, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
DestinedHero said:
I'm so confused. I'd unfortunately been spoiled to the "ending" months ago, consisting of the "wedding" and the kiss and them being together and all. But then... they reversed it? They ended it like that? The ENTIRE last two episodes was just pretend? Kyousuke ruined relationships with so many friends for THAT? WTF?

I loved season one, thought season two had its high points, but definitely not as good as the first season, but this? I don't know what I just watched. Stupid. I think it was really stupid. Just a total mess from the "confession" that was so public and so obnoxious that it became entirely stupid. He turned away and hurt the feelings of Kuroneko, Ayase, Kanako, and then Manami all for pretend? Why? Why do that?

I'd never had any interest in the "Kyousuke picks Kirino" ending, as I never thought that would be an option to begin with. This show wasn't about them falling in love. It was all about the siblings bonding through eroge (strangely enough) and helping one another, which, in turn, repairs their damaged relationship. That's it. It wasn't about them giving the world the middle finger so that they could love one another. It had NOTHING to do with that, so this ending makes absolutely zero sense.

While the animation remained quite good, same with the voice acting, same with every other portion of the animated version of this story, the writing is just plain awful. This is one of the stupidest endings I think I've ever seen. If they were going to do an incest ending, fine. I'm entirely fine with that. I think that it takes balls as a writer to write something that's considered so "taboo", so if they wanted to go in that direction, fine, but this feels so forced. So out of left field. It was nothing like a show such as Koi Kaze which focused on that taboo relationship from the very first episode. I found that show fantastic for showing how it would feel to truly be in that sort of relationship. But this? This was just bad. Bad, bad, bad, and I hate to say that with how much I loved almost everything that led to this stupid ending.

Maybe I'll just pretend I never watched these last three OVAs. Then I won't be so upset at how it all ended up. Bummer...

On a better note, I've always been a bit fond of Manami. She seems responsible, kind, sweet, and reliable. I thought she would have been a really adorable pick for Kyousuke, but wasn't expecting it at all. Hoping, sure, but very slight hope. So even though she was shunned like all the other girls, she certainly had her moment in this episode. She kicked ASS! That punch was one of the coolest and unexpected things I've ever seen in anime. And then her giving the cold, hard truth to the stupid siblings was fantastic. Too bad they remained stupid ALL FOR PRETEND! Yeah... fantastic.

Couldn't agree more. I loved the first season and I thought it ended well (irrespective of the beating Kyosuke got). But when they made that alternate episode 12 and added the OVA episodes, the Light novel began to bleed into the anime which in all honesty is WORLDS apart. THAT's when everything went to shit. Realistically speaking, you could just watch the last episode of season 2 and just WALK THE FUCK AWAY. Cause you'd be better off with a happy and ambiguous ending like that then this fuckery. To me, this ending would have been cool IF the series was this from the start. But it takes a great concept, as you mentioned; bonding through eroge, and just shits on it. It undermines everything that this anime started with and makes it seem like no one wins, that all their friendships were brought together only to fall apart and that Kyosuke just didn't care. I'm not trying to read too deeply into it, but honestly that's how it went. Makes me sad man
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Aug 18, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
the fist throwing part was unexpected lol~ well i guess that's the only way we can end this. and hopefully it ends here. it was nice following it ^^ Kirino ftw! <3
Aug 18, 2013 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
5/10
Besides the incest, the way all the girls got rejected was terrible. Kyousuke never even thinks about it later on.

Ugh, they should have listened to Manami. That girl has some sense. I was always a fan of her and Kyousuke.

But, I guess all's well that ends well. It was absurd, but nice how their romance was only for a 'short period'. It patches the incest problem. But still, it makes everything pointless. No progress.

My feelings about OreImo is that it lost much of it's appeal after the first season. It was funny, but I don't think I'd ever be a fan of Kyousuke x Kirino. It's just....no. Especially since I have a brother. Maybe if the show ended up taking an alternative route with Kuroneko, Ayase, or Manami, I'd have enjoyed it.

But I do applaud them for at least staying true to the ending and not tacking on an anime-original or open-ended conclusion to cover the incest. But those last five minutes were stupid. If they made the incest and built it all up, they coulda just kept it that way. *sigh*
fishergirl16Aug 18, 2013 9:37 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:35 AM
Aug 2013
Everybody, repeat with me:

KI-RI-NO WINS!
Aug 18, 2013 9:37 AM
Sep 2011
Hakunamatataa said:

NO-BO-DY WINS!

Corrected it for you.
Aug 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Well I only have one thing to say to those people who expected a different outcome with a title like this.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
DEAL WITH IT !
Never bring a hammer to a gunfight

Nov 2009
Tsk...would've gone with Kanako.
Guess male anime character are bound to be stupid as fuck.

Aug 2011
OreImo forget any element of realism (with the exception of Manami's confrontation), so I'm happy that they went back to normal siblings. I thought that the promise of being lovers for a limited amount of time was okay.

Honestly though, I actually came to like Manami. She was the only one, out of everyone else that was realistic. Kyousuke's 'I don't care' frankly kind of annoyed me, because even though he understands the consequences, he has to care. If they had thought of being lovers for the rest of their lives, they would have had to struggle quite a bit.

I really did cringe at Kanako's confession. That was so bad. Especially the way Kyousuke rejected her... I find that whenever he does that 'bend-over-backwards-and-scream' thing it annoys me. Kuroneko's rejection really hurt. As did Manami's.

Well anyways, it was a decent ending, but the art was slightly off, I felt, in the specials. I was still kind of hoping for a Kuroneko end, but that's alright, this end was decent.

6/10
Aug 18, 2013 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
seriously, when I heard about LN route ending, I already hate it.
Watch the whole thing just make me puke...

I don't mind Incest ending if the sister not top class BITCH like Kirino...

3/10
Aug 18, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 2013
Hakunamatataa said:

KI-RI-NO WINS!

edl01 said:
Hakunamatataa said:

NO-BO-DY WINS!

Corrected it for you.

That's what Kirino and/or incest haters want to think or what incest-not-going-all-the-way complainers (blind, negative or too demanding people) incorrectly think. For more info, check my other posts.
HakunamatataaAug 18, 2013 10:00 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
BEST. ENDING. EVER.
Aug 18, 2013 10:00 AM

Jan 2011
Ever since I got hooked up with the LN´s I´ve loved this story. The end was so nice. I am really going to miss this anime and LN.
Aug 18, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2011
*Sigh*
Why Kirno...
Kyousuke x Kuroneko would've been way better.
Whatever, Oreimo was a great show.
Aug 18, 2013 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
I thought it was pretty alright

Didnt get the ending i wanted but thats fine.
I liked all the girls for the most part and the developments were interesting enough to keep me entertained.

I was asked to make some gifs by a friend and i thought i should share em with ya
ill do more if you want me to

Aug 18, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2011
Kyousuke takes "I regret nothing" to a whole new levels
Aug 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
what an ending so satisfying.Also thank goodness they didn't bring the whole not related by blood brother and sister cliche thing into play, By the way that kiss on the cheek on face he gave was more of a moment to than than the kiss they had at that church. Awesome Show will re-watch this many times in the future.
Aug 18, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
Dunkmaru said:
Best girl won. Suck it, fans of the other girls
but.. nobody won in the end lmao

after digesting it all.. I'll change my score from 6/10 to 4/10 for reasons explained earlier.. GGWP eager to see if the score will go down under 7 (it was at 8 yesterday)
Aug 18, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
7/10. I didn't hate or love this ending but it just made me think what was it all for? The heartbreaks, the fights, the tears all of it. Although the two were in a relationship throughout Kirino's high school years the way it was presented felt so lacking for those who were supporting it.
Overall: Sometimes compromise doesn't work
Aug 18, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
Dunkmaru said:
Best girl won. Suck it, fans of the other girls

Well, your statement is incorrect since Kuroneko didn't win.

Kamina__ said:

loved it

hated it.
Aug 18, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
I still wished this series stuck to the first season of the show I really liked.
Aug 18, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2012
I love how many people are raging at this ending :|
Aug 18, 2013 10:30 AM
Sep 2009
Kyo: Sis, I love you!
Kirino: Bro, I loved you since kindergarden! (or whatever)
Kyo: Lets get married!
Kirino: Yes!

*they get "married"*

- kthxbye
-ya cu

lol. dont care about incest, but this makes 0 sense.
Aug 18, 2013 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
Good Ending.
10/10.
This could be more epic if they played OP1(irony) than OP2(reunion) since they already played Meruru OP1.

Da.Capo and Da.Capo II have the same incest ending as this. Thus I guess thats why they have it as their reference.(The poster on the club room)
Aug 18, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
_ClariS said:

Da.Capo and Da.Capo II have the same incest ending as this. Thus I guess thats why they have it as their reference.(The poster on the club room)

Yeah, and the DC ending kinda sucked as well >_>
Aug 18, 2013 10:42 AM
Sep 2011
qetou said:
Kyo: Sis, I love you!
Kirino: Bro, I loved you since kindergarden! (or whatever)
Kyo: Lets get married!
Kirino: Yes!

*they get "married"*

- kthxbye
-ya cu

lol. dont care about incest, but this makes 0 sense.

This would be so funny if it wasn't so true XD
Aug 18, 2013 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
Hakunamatataa said:
Hakunamatataa said:

KI-RI-NO WINS!

edl01 said:
Hakunamatataa said:

NO-BO-DY WINS!

Corrected it for you.

That's what Kirino and/or incest haters want to think or what incest-not-going-all-the-way complainers (blind, negative or too demanding people) incorrectly think. For more info, check my other posts.

Let me correct this for you:

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y_W-O-N_E-X-C-E-P-T_K-I-R-I-N-O

since every girl deserves better than Kyousuke cuz he's totally beta protafag,
K-I-R-I-N-O is the one to pity

even though the ending is pretty, like, you know, shitty

Hakunamatataa said:
That's what Kirino and/or incest haters want to think or what incest-not-going-all-the-way complainers.

That's what Kirino/incest lovers say to comfort themselves. It's a shitty ending, and Kirino is a bitch, -end-.
PsychedeliciousAug 18, 2013 10:58 AM
Aug 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2007
In retrospect, I think the most generous comment I can give to this series is that it left me with the rare and heightened appreciation that these characters are, thankfully, fictional and do not exist in this world.
Aug 18, 2013 11:08 AM

Mar 2012
Y'know in a way, the ending was karmic justice. Breaking girls' hearts, falling in love with your sister, being a general creep/asshole, it's like he knew that's what he deserved. In episode 14 he said 'what a waste' and sure it was a joke, but it's like he realized that he threw away the chance at a normal relationship with awesome girls just to have a delusional one with his sister. Even Kirino realized that her feelings have influenced him and in the end Kyosuke's life suffers for it, but he admitted that it was also his choice too. The ending was a fuckery, but a fuckery that played itself out till the end. If anything I can respect that
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Aug 18, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
fluffyxx said:
it was pretty good... i was quite happy with the ending... until like the last 5 mins =m=

my reaction when hearing the "idea"

THIS.

Dat Minami vs. Kirino cat fight.
8/10
Now time to read the last Vol. of the LN.
Aug 18, 2013 11:12 AM
Aug 2013
Sairyuu69 said:
Hakunamatataa said:
Hakunamatataa said:

KI-RI-NO WINS!

edl01 said:
Hakunamatataa said:

NO-BO-DY WINS!

Corrected it for you.

Let me correct this for you:

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y_W-O-N_E-X-C-E-P-T_K-I-R-I-N-O

since every girl deserves better than Kyousuke cuz he's totally beta protafag,
K-I-R-I-N-O is the one to pity

even though the ending is pretty, like, you know, shitty

Hakunamatataa said:
That's what Kirino and/or incest haters want to think or what incest-not-going-all-the-way complainers.

That's what Kirino/incest lovers say to comfort themselves. It's a shitty ending, and Kirino is a bitch, -end-.

So even the author is conforting himself when he confirms it?

Seriously, you calling a fictional character "bitch" and writing such a nonsense is ridiculous. I appreciate Kuroneko and all the others who lost. But you are like an irrational 12 year old kid.
Aug 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
I was hoping for them after confession they would stick to there relationship,if they were really in love that much that they loved each other even if they were siblings they couldn't just go living normal as siblings after that.And what now they both will never have a boyfriend or girlfriend because they don't want that because they love each other?!Even so it wasn't that bad ending but i would prefer Yosuga no sora ending.Season 1 was far better then season 2.
Aug 18, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
Hakunamatataa said:
Seriously, you calling a fictional character "bitch" and writing such a nonsense is ridiculous. I appreciate Kuroneko and all the others who lost. But you are like an irrational 12 year old kid.

Talk like you know me, bwahahahah. And love you too.

I don't give a damn about the author, he wrote bullshit, like you've done and you'll do.
Aug 18, 2013 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
Gave this a 7/10. Even if he had chosen a different girl in the end I don't think I would have rated it any different.

Never would have thought that Manami had that kind of fight in her. Kirino was definitely asking to get punched after all that bragging she was doing.

I guess the two siblings breaking off their relationship because they knew that no one would except their relationship was smart. I honestly thought that since this was an anime that they would have just let them be. I skimmed through some of the comments (ignoring most of the KIRINO/NOBODY WON comments) and I think someone mentioned a new volume might come up showing what happens in 10 years. That would be interesting to see.
Aug 18, 2013 11:20 AM
Aug 2013
You didn't need to edit and exclude yourself from writing bullshit :-).
Aug 18, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2010
Someone answer this for me!!!

They promise each other at Christmas Eve that they were to become normal siblings after Graduation. They were mostly likely talking about Kyousuke's HS Graduation and Kirino's Middle School Graduation.

At Graduation day they had a fight with Manami. Why did this happen? Why didn't they tell Manami that he was going to divorce her that day?

SO CONFUSED. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS
Aug 18, 2013 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
I can say this with a smile, this series ended on a good note for me. I truly enjoyed this series to the end, even thought I didn't get my Kuroneko ending. This series ended with a twist of wincest so I guess this is an ok ending. XD
Aug 18, 2013 11:23 AM
Mar 2012
The ending of this anime is receiving way too much hate. Even though I don't feel that the ending was well executed, at least the author had to balls too make it a Wincest ending.

#Fk the haters #Wincest
Aug 18, 2013 11:24 AM

Jun 2012
Hakunamatataa said:
You didn't need to edit and exclude yourself from writing bullshit :-).

I don't need you to give me advice.
Aug 18, 2013 11:25 AM
Aug 2013
It wasn't.
Aug 18, 2013 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
J3ywalk said:
The ending of this anime is receiving way too much hate. Even though I don't feel that the ending was well executed, at least the author had to balls too make it a Wincest ending.

#Fk the haters #Wincest

Having balls doing this
In which world am I living.

Authors have balls if they do something like the beginning of EoE.

Hakunamatataa said:
It wasn't.

>joined today
how about making a list. You'll have something to do, that way.
PsychedeliciousAug 18, 2013 11:30 AM
Aug 18, 2013 11:30 AM
Aug 2013
Sairyuu69 said:
J3ywalk said:

#Fk the haters #Wincest

Having balls doing this
In which world am I living.

Authors have balls if they do something like the beginning of EoE.

Shinji fapping? Well, that was good.
Aug 18, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2008
i know this was the real adaption, i had my doubts the will actually animate this thisng, being the fact that its an incest ending, but it was very well done
to be perfectly honest, i hoped all my life that this was going to be like the ending kuroneko wanted, the 3 of them happy, but it wasnt possible, because it was planned out this way
i swear, i almost cried together with kuroneko, felt bad for ayase, and would had liked to be there for manami, the one who in my opinion suffered the most (even if it was obious that she wasnt going to be choosen)
this is a complex feeling, 3 years, i knew..even before reading the novels, that this was going to end this way(well, at that time i really did tougth the kuroneko ending was the second choice)
just...in my opinion, it was stupid that kyosuke rejected all the other girls just to be with kirino until the wedding, well i'm really frustated about that

but still, its undeniable that i enjoyed this anime, the novels, tha games and the fan discutions, really, some good 3 years, thats why even thougth it was not the ending i really wanted, i cant bring myself to rate it under 9, so its a 9/10 for me, thanks for everything oreimo, and good bye
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 18, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
Again seeing how Kyousuke crushes Kuroneko.
That dumb fucktard.
Hope he gets lucky with that bitchy sis of his, Kuroneko deserves better.
Aug 18, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2011
J3ywalk said:

#Fk the haters #Wincest

He did not have the balls to do a full on wincest. This was just a half hearted attempt that feels more like a Kubo troll attempt than having some balls.
Aug 18, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2012
Aenigma66 said:

Hope he gets lucky with that bitchy sis of his, Kuroneko deserves better.

That's the spirit.

RockerXD said:
He did not have the balls to do a full on wincest. This was just a half hearted attempt that feels more like a Kubo troll attempt than having some balls.

That's the spirit.²
Aug 18, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
I believe the author said something like "For various reasons, I ended the novels like I did, but I will say this: The novels ended somewhat like they began. Kyousuke and Kirino's life advice goes on, and they have a new secret to hide."

Thus, I still rate this episode 1/5 because I prefer straight forward, but I rate the specials 8/10.

Incest for the win! (Even though I like Kuroneko better)
Aug 18, 2013 11:43 AM
Aug 2013
Sairyuu69 said:
Hakunamatataa said:
It wasn't.

>joined today

Well, I have a real account since 2010 but created this one for speaking today more anonymously for some reasons. Yes, it's stupid.
Aug 18, 2013 11:45 AM

Jun 2012
Hakunamatataa said:
Sairyuu69 said:
Hakunamatataa said:
It wasn't.

>joined today

Well, I have a real account since 2010 but created this one for speaking today more anonymously for some reasons. Yes, it's stupid.

Since there are reasons behind this, I don't think it's stupid.
Aug 18, 2013 11:50 AM
Feb 2012
Monster's Inc got it wrong. They could power a continent with the sheer amount of mad and denial generated in the oreimo ending threads.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.