Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 2:18 AM

Feb 2012
Sinking in, sinking in!!!

EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT! I was never an incest fan in this anime.. I was hoping he would somehow end up with at least ANY of the girls (Ayase, Ruri, Saori, Kanako, Manami -favorite to least), aside from the sis. He rejected all of the girls for his sister, which never even lasted? Seriously, why start a love with a designated ending? I don't comprehend! Ugh! So frustrated! Everything that Manami stated was spot on!

Even though I knew this was going to happen, I enjoy the series, just not the ending!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 18, 2013 2:18 AM

Aug 2010
I can't understand how does one can love this pile of crap.
Aug 18, 2013 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
Would give anything for it to of just stopped at the kiss >.<

Also it was pretty obvious at the beginning that it was gona be that kind of anime >.> tired of all the hating on incest from the normal people :S

Loved the whole Kirino ending, and it would of been perfect to me without those last few minutes..but am i the only one that was rooting for Manami o_o..always love the childhood friend lol.
Aug 18, 2013 2:24 AM
Jun 2011
1 out of 5: Hated it

18 19.78%

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Aug 18, 2013 2:28 AM
Oct 2011
I swear, Manami is such a B****. Even though I knew what was going to happen seeing it animated like this is much more emotional!

EDIT: I just finished the episode, fuk dat shiet. Why would Kyou throw away all that shit just to fucking end the relationship after the wedding scene, F*** goddammit harem potential wasted.
HaremEaterAug 18, 2013 2:41 AM
Aug 18, 2013 2:31 AM
Feb 2013
The fight was good. But when they were at the Church, i was like FUCK THIS SHIT.
Aug 18, 2013 2:35 AM

Oct 2011
At first, when reading about Minami's master plan, I hated her. After seeing this episode, I can only agree and sympathize with her despite her despicable meddling actions, since in general, it's wrong and also, Kuroneko was not the destined one.
Aug 18, 2013 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
I'm so confused. I'd unfortunately been spoiled to the "ending" months ago, consisting of the "wedding" and the kiss and them being together and all. But then... they reversed it? They ended it like that? The ENTIRE last two episodes was just pretend? Kyousuke ruined relationships with so many friends for THAT? WTF?

I loved season one, thought season two had its high points, but definitely not as good as the first season, but this? I don't know what I just watched. Stupid. I think it was really stupid. Just a total mess from the "confession" that was so public and so obnoxious that it became entirely stupid. He turned away and hurt the feelings of Kuroneko, Ayase, Kanako, and then Manami all for pretend? Why? Why do that?

I'd never had any interest in the "Kyousuke picks Kirino" ending, as I never thought that would be an option to begin with. This show wasn't about them falling in love. It was all about the siblings bonding through eroge (strangely enough) and helping one another, which, in turn, repairs their damaged relationship. That's it. It wasn't about them giving the world the middle finger so that they could love one another. It had NOTHING to do with that, so this ending makes absolutely zero sense.

While the animation remained quite good, same with the voice acting, same with every other portion of the animated version of this story, the writing is just plain awful. This is one of the stupidest endings I think I've ever seen. If they were going to do an incest ending, fine. I'm entirely fine with that. I think that it takes balls as a writer to write something that's considered so "taboo", so if they wanted to go in that direction, fine, but this feels so forced. So out of left field. It was nothing like a show such as Koi Kaze which focused on that taboo relationship from the very first episode. I found that show fantastic for showing how it would feel to truly be in that sort of relationship. But this? This was just bad. Bad, bad, bad, and I hate to say that with how much I loved almost everything that led to this stupid ending.

Maybe I'll just pretend I never watched these last three OVAs. Then I won't be so upset at how it all ended up. Bummer...

On a better note, I've always been a bit fond of Manami. She seems responsible, kind, sweet, and reliable. I thought she would have been a really adorable pick for Kyousuke, but wasn't expecting it at all. Hoping, sure, but very slight hope. So even though she was shunned like all the other girls, she certainly had her moment in this episode. She kicked ASS! That punch was one of the coolest and unexpected things I've ever seen in anime. And then her giving the cold, hard truth to the stupid siblings was fantastic. Too bad they remained stupid ALL FOR PRETEND! Yeah... fantastic.
Aug 18, 2013 2:38 AM
Jul 2013
Why would they 'break up' in the end though? It makes me wish that I had stopped watching after seeing them kiss- Kirino and Kyousuke getting together would be the perfect ending for me.
Aug 18, 2013 2:47 AM

Feb 2013
I seem to see a lot of hate at this ending, which I guess is understandable, but I liked it.

I didn't really like Kirino until near the VERY end of season 2, so them not getting together forever doesn't bother me, plus I just feel awkward about the whole thing anyway.

I would have rather seen a Kuroneko ending, but that's only because I thought she was awesome.

I do however think it was stupid of him to turn down all of those girls just to date his sister for a while.

But with all of that being said, I still loved this whole series overall. I am pretty sad that it is over :(
Aug 18, 2013 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
thats how they ended it all.... well i guess this gives some hope 4 a season 3
Aug 18, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2013
LOL this xD

Tch.
Aug 18, 2013 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Great ending with a sense of realism. I guess that about sums up this series.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Aug 18, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2010
Guess I'll just cry myself to sleep now.
Aug 18, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know how I feel about this ending... I mean it kinda blows I mean Kyousuke ended up turning down everyone only to end up not being with Kirino which I know makes sense and its almost nice they where together for awhile and essentially "grew up" and realized its not something that could work, I mean I did not see it coming that kiss happened and I was kinda happy then its over which surprised me and I'm all for a unexpected ending.

I did like how you find out that Kirino pretty much playing Little Sister Eroge since she wanted to find out how to make her brother love her the same way she loved him all this time and it was nice to finally find out the hate towards Manami.

In the end I feel like I would have mixed feelings with any ending since Kyousuke really could have ended up with anyone, I mean imagine if he just turned around and went with Manami in that last episode over Kuroneko and Ayase, you would still be left with the feeling of WTF.
Aug 18, 2013 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
Don't know why people are complaining that he ended with nothing.

It was ambiguous, but the author made their intention painfully obvious at the end.
Aug 18, 2013 3:26 AM

May 2013
I agree that it did ended kind of painful for kyousuke but the thing that they did great here is with the sense of realism. But still its good for me :D I'll just erase some parts on the last ep and end with the kiss at the church lol xD
Tch.
Aug 18, 2013 3:28 AM

Oct 2009
Hakunamatataa said:
For people complaining about incest not going "all the way".

Facts:
-Kyousuke loves Kirino. Kirino loves Kyousuke. They know that they love each other.
-Kyousuke has rejected all other girls so he's not going to have a relationship with any of them. He insists on having chosen Kirino and that nothing will change it. Kirino, too, has no other love interests, only Kyousuke.
-Kyousuke and Kirino are going to be together "forever".
-After they've come back to be "normal siblings", Kyousuke kisses Kirino (on cheek, but that's not a thing that people who are not lovers do in Japan) AND Kirino says they're "talking" about it when they get home (very suggestive).

So they clearly end up together (read between the lines; incest is controversial, understand the LN author). AND even if what I say is false (which is unlikely), I'd be happy with the ending and with what their relationship becomes even if they came back to be "100%" (impossible) normal siblings.

Incest FTW!

+1
Aug 18, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2012
So as expected it follows the LN after all LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 18, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
To copypaste what I posted elsewhere:

Let me make this perfectly clear:

The Oreimo story ends at ~21:00 of the last episode. Everything that follows is just tard-pandering. It's not part of the story. It never happened, was never intended to happen and it's the choice of Steins;Gate that is also never happens in ANY! WORLD LINE! AT! ALL!

You hear me? Everything after ~21:00 is not canon and it's existence will eventually be denied by reality itself. Did I make myself clear!?!

EDIT: I might just go and replace the last 5 minutes with footage showing a nice boat
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 18, 2013 3:48 AM
Mar 2008
This was the worst anime of the decade, probably. Disgusting, retarded, appalling, wrong, cringe worthy crapload of cow shit. It failed so hard when it started to take itself too seriously. And in the end they just called off their relationship after all that drama? Fuck you, you stupid dumbfucks. I hope they both die a terrible death.
another_anonAug 18, 2013 3:55 AM
Aug 18, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2011
I can't really say I was fully satisfied with this ending... but it was still ok for me I guess. I felt it was a bit wasted that Kyousuke turned down all the girls and be satisfied with just that pretend wedding.

That fight seriously made me go WTF. Manami just went to a whole new level (and that's not a good thing)

Overall, this whole show was really enjoyable as I feel it touches on the reality of incest unlike some other animes I've watched.
Feeling sad for my favourite chars - Kuroneko and Kanako who got turned down...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 18, 2013 4:31 AM

Dec 2011
So Kyousuke will end up as a guy who will never get married or what? The ending made give one of my favorite shows a 6/10.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 18, 2013 4:33 AM

Feb 2011
Dang , why'd it had to end like that , I would've been ok if they stayed together. Boooo.

Still , great ending to a great show. 9/10
Aug 18, 2013 4:36 AM

Oct 2008
somehow these three episodes were worse than the second season. incest aside it was still an abomination.
watch koi kaze for a show that deals with incest in a mature way.
Aug 18, 2013 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
Well, that was bad. But what did anyone expect, really?
Aug 18, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Kuroneko ;_;
Aug 18, 2013 4:49 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah! Go Manami! You tell that bitch Kirino whats up, DAT PUNCH!

and then they pussy out at the end, this fucking show....ugh
Aug 18, 2013 4:51 AM

May 2008
cant believe the series is over. i love the fact that they ended up together even if its for a few days. The realism of being a sibling couple really got me thinking how serious of a decision they have made. Kinda disappointed that they did not stay together forever though, but i guess it cant be helped, they are still in school and their parents will probably go LOLOLOLOLOL, and their children can probably never live a normal life, other kids will think the child is a freak with weird parents or something. Indeed life of incest love will be hard and gruelling not only for them but for everyone close to them. So i guess its best it ended this way. Still love it though, had so much fun watching this series its sad to see it go. 9/10

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 18, 2013 4:55 AM

Sep 2007
Torn between choosing 1/10 or 10/10.

Aug 18, 2013 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
Wow. It was like they went for it, but didn't at the same time.

I like what they did with Manami though. Just when you thought she can't stack up to the other girls. She literally fights her way in.
Aug 18, 2013 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
I'm willing to believe that the author of the story had no other choice because of the media and social pressures. It makes even more sense if you look at the recent events around entire manga and anime industry that turned into a witch hunt: taboo/explicit mangas being axed (Aki-Sora being a good example) or even a publishing company being raid by the police. It wasn't like that 5 years ago when the novel started, so the author might have had that ending in mind from the very start, however he had to change his plans to avoid being attacked by media and society.

It wouldn't be a first story like this animated anyway - there is Koi Kaze after all already out there. But, again, it was released many years ago when manga and anime industry was left alone.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer Ayase or Kuroneko myself, but if he went that road it is a shame he didn't follow it through to the end. Kyousuke ending all alone after all this is really sad and not fulfilling at all. Thus being said, I am also willing to believe that the author is actually winking to us from between the lines: "hey guys, sorry but I had to end it this way, but you know better than this, right?"
Aug 18, 2013 5:01 AM
Aug 2013
Well this ending... Just anything but this ending.
From the beginning i've been rooting for kirino all the time and i already read the ending in the LN. But the last minute just make an unforgettable WTF feel that make me want other ending (except manami's ending. I might get crazy with that ending)

Just hope they make another ova in which kirino and kyousuke become couple or something later
Aug 18, 2013 5:02 AM
Jan 2009
Fight and confession scenes with Manami was kind of stupid, it just didn't feel like it needed to be overly dramatic.

This series was good, the ending could have been better, could have been worse.
Ending it the way it did does leave questions, and in my personal opinion they could/should have planned for alternate endings with the other girls just to please everyone.
It is understandable that they probably only wanted to stick with the main plot of the light novels, but something for everyone is always nice.

7/10 for the second seasons plus these 3 specials.

Kyousuke did that pose where he yelled one to many in these specials, and I bet he does somewhat regret rejecting everyone who confessed to him.
Aug 18, 2013 5:06 AM

Mar 2013
Skullcrusher said:
Hakunamatataa said:
For people complaining about incest not going "all the way".

Facts:
-Kyousuke loves Kirino. Kirino loves Kyousuke. They know that they love each other.
-Kyousuke has rejected all other girls so he's not going to have a relationship with any of them. He insists on having chosen Kirino and that nothing will change it. Kirino, too, has no other love interests, only Kyousuke.
-Kyousuke and Kirino are going to be together "forever".
-After they've come back to be "normal siblings", Kyousuke kisses Kirino (on cheek, but that's not a thing that people who are not lovers do in Japan) AND Kirino says they're "talking" about it when they get home (very suggestive).

So they clearly end up together (read between the lines; incest is controversial, understand the LN author). AND even if what I say is false (which is unlikely), I'd be happy with the ending and with what their relationship becomes even if they came back to be "100%" (impossible) normal siblings.

Incest FTW!

^ I was going to post something like this exactly!

I am going to miss this show a lot. Even though I do wish that the relationship would go on after their graduation. I can use my imagination and think that the kiss he gave her after and her saying that "they'll talk about it after", could progress into them continuing their forbidden love after.

show is a 9/10 in my books cuz i enjoyed it all the way till the end .
Aug 18, 2013 5:09 AM

Feb 2010
I wished they stuck together and had their son and daughter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
sweetsymphony said:
LOL this xD

You forget that sweet uppercut to the stomach (◕ヮ◕)

Seriously, of the three of them, Minami seemed to be the only one in the right state of mind, besides trying to beat the living shit out of Kirino, no one else was going to tell that pair what's what but she had the guts to tell it to them straight instead of "supporting" them like the others did as well as Ruri. I mean what the hell Kuroneko why would you condone 1. breaking up with your boyfriend so you can make amends with his sister and 2. Support and help their BroSis love which wasn't real in the end anyway.

It seemed like a huge mess to me but what ever, that's just what I got from these last few episodes :\
Aug 18, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
>not choosing Manami
YEP 1/10

Just kidding :D
Although let me say this, siblings having a relationship is not a good thing (sorry to those out there that are following OreImo for advice on their situation like Kirino and Kyousuke are!)
But this was a satisfying end. BUT! I still wonder how Kyousuke deals with the rest of his harem. Ugh, does he lose them all or are they all friends still? It hurts not to know.
Aug 18, 2013 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
Those three epiosdes have been a hell of a ride! I really didn't know what I should be thinking about their whole situation. Somehow I found it intersting and cool that he chose Kirino because I thought he'd choose Kuroneko, but on the other hand it also felt very wrong...

For me (who hasn't read the novel or played any kind of game) the end was very good and satisfying. It covered everything up and braught an end to a somewhat different lovestory with a conclusion that balanced everything well out and leaves enough room for everyone to create their "what would be if" scenarios to continue this story for themselves. At least I'll be thinking about it for a few more hours ^^

8/10
Sanity? I can't even remember having a thing like that to start with...

Aug 18, 2013 5:30 AM
Mar 2010
No idea why so many people hate that ending and overall 2nd series. Welp, opinion is an opinion, you can't question it.

I really liked it. To me this show was something more than about a brother loving his little sister. It was about finding your resolve, facing problems, thinking about future and supporting your friends and family to the end. I'm happy the show ended just like that because despite the fact I loved Kirino and Kyosuke as a couple, they wouldn't be happy if they kept it up. I hope the author of the novel will write another great title like this one someday. :D
Aug 18, 2013 5:39 AM
Aug 2013
i registered only to post this.

what de f**k
he throw all those girls specially kuroneko on what, a temp fking relationship with his sister and thats it ? realism my ass, there is no one in this planet who would do such retarded shait like that ever, i mean what the hell is he thinkin ? is he even think ? fuck i really liked the first season and liked it more when he became kuronekos bf, but this ending its like a damn trainwrecked by a god damn bomb, wish they release an alternate ending be it him ending with anyone except this one
Aug 18, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2012
I don't get how a "serious" incest anime can get away with characters that don't think. Manami is the only one that thought things through (even though her motive was painfully obvious).

Stick with older incest shows, folks. The law really fucked this anime over. The ending threw away everything that has been building up throughout the entire series.

1/10 Worst anime ever, I'm gonna update my profile to reflect this.

Would've been better as a serious harem anime where the little sister is an option initially, but later gets axed thanks to Manami.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Aug 18, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2009
battosai-01 said:
Golden_Darknezz said:
GIVE ME A FUCKING ALTERNATE ENDING WITH KURONEKO PLOX!

Pretty much this... -_-

Kuroneko............
Aug 18, 2013 5:52 AM

Oct 2008
I had a rollercoaster of emtions through these episodes.
Ending ruined it all, a waste of biblical proportions.

I feel 99% empty with 1% of disappointment
Aug 18, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, what can I say, so it's over huh? It's been an amazing ride, really sad that it's finally over. Was glad he when they ended up together but was a bit bad that they didn't officially end up together although they probably would eventually.
And man! What a fight, was like toradora mixed with Hajime no Ippo for a second there. Feeling a little bit disappointed they didn't finish with a clear 'Kirino Kyousyke living together happily while keeping it a secret' ending but have to say absolutely loved this show, it's definitely a personal favourite. Thanks for so many laughs and smiles....

Arigatou

OREIMO!!

Aug 18, 2013 5:57 AM

Feb 2011
Here's what could have happened

Aug 18, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
nooo incest
Aug 18, 2013 6:01 AM

Oct 2012
I'm so disappointed with how this turned out, the 'incest ftw' vibe is not for me. But there was a silver lining, Manami. The voice of reason in this episode.

I highly doubt their relationship would have worked out, once the parents found out it's not going to be good and if I was in the parents position i'd separate them by force. I also find Kyousuke lame.
Aug 18, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2010
Vodkas said:
I'm so disappointed with how this turned out, the 'incest ftw' is not for me. But there was a silver lining, Manami. The voice of reason in this episode.

I highly doubt their relationship would have worked out, once the parents found out it's not going to be good and if I was in the parents position i'd separate them by force. I also find Kyousuke lame.
I wouldn't exactly call her the voice of reason. She did what she did out of jealousy and spite, from what I saw. She wanted to break them up so -she- could have him.
Aug 18, 2013 6:07 AM

Dec 2012
livingdeadkat said:
Vodkas said:
I'm so disappointed with how this turned out, the 'incest ftw' is not for me. But there was a silver lining, Manami. The voice of reason in this episode.

I wouldn't exactly call her the voice of reason. She did what she did out of jealousy and spite, from what I saw. She wanted to break them up so -she- could have him.

What's wrong with that? Little sister who's character hardly develops at all vs childhood friend not related by blood who isn't selfish and doesn't treat you like shit.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.