Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 13, 2023 8:58 PM
Feb 2021
I've never felt this emotion before. It's something between disgust, anger, and absolute bewilderment.

This degenerate is going to marry and fuck his sister. His sister, who is an ever bigger degenerate and an S-Rank Megabitch.

At least Kuroneko didn't make a scene in public every other episode.
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

Sep 2023
That scream. Broke my heart. So, so very much. I knew she loved him but I didn't realize she loved him that much! Oh my gosh. I previously bashed Kuroneko for the initial breakup. But after realizing the complex totality of intertwined connections amongst everybody I forgive her. This was too much.

https://i.postimg.cc/pXH9NYcv/Screenshot-20231027-224849.png

https://i.postimg.cc/7Yn5qGj2/Screenshot-20231027-224914.png

I mean, sure, I did start this anime hoping for siscon but I didn't know how much pain it was going to cause for all the other girls around him. Tbh, I couldn't care less about Ayase. And I was totally destroyed when Manami was shown to be the initial villain from the beginning because I really liked her. I still have 2 more episodes before this is over but at this point I just have to say, I genuinely don't know how to feel about Kirino. I am perplexed, befuddled, totally unsure about her. I hated her disrespectfulness but loved her kawaii side. But this story is wild. And it took too long and hurt too many people. It's surreal. I know it's an anime but the gap between reality and fiction with this anime is very small. Siscon irl is for sure a real thing. And the way this story played out... Even making Manami the villain... Is unfortunately something I can actually see having happened in the real world.

Call me naive or deluded all you want but it's true. People hurt people. And people have odd love interests. It's rare for me to connect anime with something in the real world. Most anime are totally absolutely unrealistic - which indeed IS the point no doubt. It's supposed to be an escape. Supposed to be fictional and impossible irl. From FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, FMA:B, Paranoia Agent, Psycho-Pass, Tokyo Ghoul... To Spirited Away, InuYasha/Yashahime, Kiki's Delivery Service, Magi Labyrinth, Log Horizon, SOA, AOT, and Ergo Proxy... It's all insanely unreal and THAT is the POINT! That's why we love anime. (Obviously I'm not going to list the millions of anime in existence I just chose the few that came to mind). Surreality and Escapism. Feeding the void in our minds and hearts that was carved by cruel society. By shitty real life. By friends who abandoned you. Family who left you. The dissipation of the last bit of warmth we once felt as children and can now only look back upon with bittersweet nostalgia, a hint of resentment, and the feeling of falling into the hellish abyss of the "real world" as we've become so numb.

And yet. I still can't say that this was enough for me. Because regardless of the title or genre, despite what this was "supposed" to be... They created a story where we fell in love with the person who wound up being fucking decimated. That scream made me want to crawl in the corner and cry. It's too realistic. I swear, whoever the voice actress is for KuroNeko deserves an award. I thought I knew anime. Sure it looks like, according to my profile, that I haven't seen much. But my old profile that I lost the password to a few years ago had around 350-ish titles. Yeah, it's nowhere near the hardcore supreme Otakus levels who've seen thousands. I'm just making the point that this anime, however "trashy" it might be, however "gross" or "niche" it might be, is different. Yes, it's very polarizing and I fully understand why some hate it. I don't blame them. The delivery sucked. The routes were messed up. And yeah this isn't even the last episode. I know there's 2 more left. But I had to lay this out here. That disturbing scream puts into perspective how much pain people can cause each other when they don't think about their decisions before making them.

Sorry for the weird rant. I'm an oddball and I know it. Most people will think I'm taking a silly show too seriously. And I know I am. But it's what I do. I don't have much of a life otherwise so I find passion in the wrong places. It is what it is.
GearheadOtakuOct 27, 2023 10:29 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

851 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:06 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.