Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2007 12:18 AM

Mar 2005
You know...if L dies how does Light automatically die? Makes no sense.

anyway this episode L just annoyed me. seriously....with his whole involving Misa thing and all and screwing around with Light...bleh

Light is awesome as usual, brilliant plan there calling the Yotsuba guy.
Mar 3, 2007 7:25 AM

Aug 2006
L has never annoyed me, i love his personality and really a unique character.

And i agree with L on this episode, sacrifices need to be made to finally get some results.

By the way, the animation really went down on this episode, i hope it doesn't stay that way though
Mar 3, 2007 10:38 PM
Mar 2007
wildebeest0001 said:

anyway this episode L just annoyed me. seriously....with his whole involving Misa thing and all and screwing around with Light...bleh

Well, this is a spoiler so if you don't wanna read it I recommend you to stop now.
SlovedMar 4, 2007 9:51 AM
Mar 7, 2007 5:27 AM

Oct 2006
wildebeest0001 said:

I supose he means that, since they need to see L's face to kill him, that would mean they would also see Light as they are chainned together. Light would be a witness so they would have to kill him as well.

wildebeest0001 said:

L's been dropping point's for me in the last few episodes, but he is not the only one...
I hate "Light-the-good-guy" , doesn't fit period. I'm behind on the manga so I don't really know what's gonna happen. Although I'm pretty sure Light will get a note back.

I was also surprised with the new OP/ED. Never expected them to pick Metal. Not bad but I still prefer the previous OP/ED
Mar 7, 2007 9:07 AM

Mar 2005
I actually like the new OP/ED. Very artistic I think
Mar 8, 2007 7:41 PM

Jul 2006
Kayrhandros said:
wildebeest0001 said:

I supose he means that, since they need to see L's face to kill him, that would mean they would also see Light as they are chainned together. Light would be a witness so they would have to kill him as well.

wildebeest0001 said:

L's been dropping point's for me in the last few episodes, but he is not the only one...
I hate "Light-the-good-guy" , doesn't fit period. I'm behind on the manga so I don't really know what's gonna happen. Although I'm pretty sure Light will get a note back.

I was also surprised with the new OP/ED. Never expected them to pick Metal. Not bad but I still prefer the previous OP/ED

L has really been annoying me.....He's just kinda creepy, and not in a cool way like before. (that sounds weird, but whatever). I need to finish the manga, but I'm far enough ahead to know most of what comes next (though I stupidly opened that spoiler......oh well, I kinda knew what was coming.)
I really dislike the new op. As soon as I started watching I was like, "WTF? I think the producers are on speed...." I've never really been a fan of metal, and the lines "human sucker......human fucker" repeated over and over again were really weird. And I don't think metal music really suits the show. I did however like the song in the ending (and I know it's the same people, and they're both metal, but the ending had a little more singing. And I liked the video where there was more kira ^_^)
Mar 9, 2007 4:57 AM

Oct 2006
wildebeest0001 said:
Very artistic I think

I second that. Both videos are excelent

But I have to agree with manateegirl. the opening is not an example of great lyrics. I like metal, so long has the music has some meaning. The ending theme is better though.
Mar 9, 2007 8:00 AM

Nov 2004
First time i saw the opening i was kinda laughing and thinking it was weird, but actually i think its good =)
Mar 9, 2007 8:58 AM

Jan 2007
Well, I'll be the dissenter and say that I HATE the new OP and ED - the music and the animation. It just doesn't fit Death Note, it's way too frenetic and chaotic. DN has a definite energy, but it's always controlled, not out of hand and insane like that. Ugh. Gross. Definitely will be skipping over those parts.

The animation quality has gone down in the past few episodes, definitely. I thought I heard somewhere that there had been a shift in staff working on DN, but it's possible that was just made up.

Otherwise, a cool episode. I love this arc.
Mar 9, 2007 9:53 AM

Oct 2006
I also don't like the opening song,
I will rock your world ;-)

Mar 9, 2007 3:09 PM

Jan 2007
i hated the opening 'coz i definitely hate hard metals but watching it for more than 10 time, i've grown to love it.. i still don't like the song that much but the animation was superb and makes me forget about the songs and just focus on the animation.

also the new opening was awesome. it shows that it's going to be more intense, mysterious.. just how death note is going to develop.
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Mar 20, 2007 11:38 PM
Sep 2006
am i the only one whos not liking this show right now?
Aug 13, 2008 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
I put my volume way up so I would get the most of the new intro. Phoo, At that volume my speakers are not suited for metal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2008 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
That new opening is TERRIBLE!!
They should put it to good use and use it as mental torture!!

Anyway....awwww! Misa kiss L! They all are friends now!.....awwww!
Nov 28, 2008 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
YAYA~! Maximum the Hormone!!! :333 am really happy with the way they did the opening and ending sequence, it really gets across the madness within Light ^w^ and the songs are awesome - though the op and ed miss out my favourite bits of each Q___Q

but episode wise? meh.. I thought the art went down quite a lot during this ep and was not impressed ¬¬
Dec 20, 2008 2:11 PM
Apr 2008
I hate the new OP. The other one was awesome. I thought L was really funny in this episode.

Misa- "I can't imagine a world without Light."

L-"Yes that would be dark."
Feb 1, 2009 1:33 AM

Jun 2008
I love the new Opening/Ending *-* As I first saw it I thought "wtf, is that really Death Note??" ^^" but it´s very good.
And yeah L is so funny xD but he eats so many sweets o.o
Feb 1, 2009 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
The new opening is way better. I was like; "What? Heavy metal for an opening song. Beautiful."

L is gonna get diabetes and die at the end I think.
May 9, 2009 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
i don't like the opening song much.. i liked the other one.. anyway.. hahahah.. L saying I might fall for you to misa. hahaha anyway... and woah! misa really does LOVE light...
May 9, 2009 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
i don't like the opening song much.. i liked the other one.. anyway.. hahahah.. L saying I might fall for you to misa. hahaha anyway... and woah! misa really does LOVE light...
Jul 2, 2009 11:04 PM

Dec 2008
lol vearg doublepost

op/ed aaaahhh my ears.

erm......
Aug 7, 2009 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
New OP/ED. For me - old were better.
Aug 28, 2009 6:06 PM
Apr 2009
lol at kei-clone always saying something bad about L every episode haha. And putting under that that he loves light.

L is unique and awesome, you are clearly not thinking smartly lol. How else can they continue with finding the Kira. L is thinking the smartest of them all atm. T_T
Oct 30, 2009 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
Talk about slowing down completely. This episode gives me no motivation to keep watching. All that suspense from the beginning of the series is gone. It just goes to show that they didn't need 37 episodes. Not to mention I really dislike the new opening and ending themes. It's a real shame they had to change them. The opening makes me want to not watch the episode (usually the opposite of what they're trying to accomplish) and the ending has me happy that's over and not want to see the next episode. I mean, I don't like this kind of metal at all, and it's one of the only genres of music I won't listen to, but there's a reason why we don't see this kind of music in anime that often.

But I would never drop something because I believe that's not fair, as some might have great beginnings but horrible endings, and vice versa.
-Celestial-Oct 30, 2009 11:41 AM
Nov 16, 2009 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
If you've read my post in the previous discussion [and are interested] then here's my conclusion: Yes, this is a filler [-( . And please don't tell me that this arc was in the manga too because manga can have fillers just like anime do. More chapters = more fame.

But I rofl'd when I heard Light saying with his nowadays-innocent face and heroic gestures: 'How can they kill them just like that,... with no remorse??' Lol. Like... ask your conscience. It'd know the answer.

And you're right enkil, I have to agree with you on this...
enkil said:

op/ed aaaahhh my ears.

erm......

Dec 8, 2009 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
So it seems they're about team up to take out "Kira" <.<., and those corporate guys. but im still kinda confused on some things.

and the new op & ed is good and all but the first one was alot better.

Dec 13, 2009 12:47 AM

Jul 2009
ManU-Alchemist said:
I thought L was really funny in this episode.

Misa- "I can't imagine a world without Light."

L-"Yes that would be dark."

Yeah i thought that was hilarious and L was great in this episode, not spectacular but great since, this was mostly dialogue. I like L's creepiness, his posture and all the weird things about him, I think they make him a more dynamic character. I really liked this episode. And yeah, I often find Light's good guy act annoying...way to much of a goody two-shoes...its probably worse since we as the audience know hes kira. I've never found L to be annoying, usually Misa is annoying. I did enjoy his strange interactions with misa, it really helped me tolerate her. The kiss was sweet.
Oh and i loved the new Op and ED the music and animation was great they really fit the series.
JoquishaJoestarDec 13, 2009 1:30 AM
Jan 3, 2010 10:03 PM

Jan 2009
...Now that was an OP...

Did anyone think the animation was a little off in this ep? The faces seemed really weird to me.

Feb 2, 2010 7:53 AM

Nov 2009
I preferred the first OP but the new ED isnt too bad. I absolutely love aya hirano but misa's character is annoying >.>
Mar 5, 2010 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
boooo @the new OP,i hate death metal or wth is it called :\

anyway,this episode was pretty damn good :D,Light's plan was awesome,and i literally LMAO when Misa was spinning with those two,let's be friends :D

SHe kinda annoyed me this ep but whatever...she's still awesome :P
and L is so damn funny,i laugh at almost everything he makes :)

PS:i can't belive how much death note's plot changed in just 20 episodes
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 29, 2010 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
I did not enjoy this episode. I'm getting tired of Light's game. Where is Ryuk?
Jun 1, 2010 2:43 AM

Feb 2009
The new OP is crazy! I love it.

As for this episode, I still like L, and I'm still rooting for him to win, but it was definitely a not-so-good episode.
Jul 1, 2010 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
I actually startled when the new opening song started xD didn't expect that :p
Jul 12, 2010 10:03 PM

Feb 2010
I like L's face when Misa kissed him.
And I didn't really care for the new OP, but, then again, I'm not a metal fan, so I'm a bit jaded.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Aug 28, 2010 1:39 AM
Jul 2009
ED is pretty cool.
Aug 28, 2010 12:37 PM
Jun 2010
I loved how Misa was holding Light and L's hand and doing a sort of Ring Around th Rosey.

"I would never dream of living in a world without Light!" "Yes that would be dark" XD

I think L would fall for her because he has never had someone to care about him before. i really wonder about L's past.

L and I actually got a lot in common, it's kinda wierd.

I find it interesting, Light is a completley different person w/o his memory. I think that L's prediction is right, and that it was originally Light's plan was. Misa's pretty much the same though. When I how she looked I thought she'd be some cool mysterious intelligent character. Boy was I wrong. -_-'
Oct 11, 2010 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
The new OP is badass, I actually watched it (I always skipped the old). Light saying "How can they kill just like that?" made me laugh pretty hard.
Nov 7, 2010 12:57 PM

May 2010
Nice episode
I think Light and L figured out what Light set up... Last part with misa-misa was funny :P
Nov 10, 2010 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, L cracks me up. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 29, 2010 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
ShadowVari said:
Talk about slowing down completely. This episode gives me no motivation to keep watching. All that suspense from the beginning of the series is gone. It just goes to show that they didn't need 37 episodes. Not to mention I really dislike the new opening and ending themes. It's a real shame they had to change them. The opening makes me want to not watch the episode (usually the opposite of what they're trying to accomplish) and the ending has me happy that's over and not want to see the next episode. I mean, I don't like this kind of metal at all, and it's one of the only genres of music I won't listen to, but there's a reason why we don't see this kind of music in anime that often.

But I would never drop something because I believe that's not fair, as some might have great beginnings but horrible endings, and vice versa.
Nov 20, 2011 5:50 AM

Dec 2010
theberserker said:
L has never annoyed me, i love his personality and really a unique character.

And i agree with L on this episode, sacrifices need to be made to finally get some results.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Anyway, the new OP annoys me a lot.
vearg said:
L saying I might fall for you to misa. hahahah..

Yeah, I LOLed at this part :D

L is so awesome... he saw through Kira's plan, even after Light erased his memories... he will never stand a ghost of a chance against L, and that's it.
Jan 19, 2012 10:12 PM

Nov 2010
you know, if, they decided to put cameras and bugs on all of the seven members, they'd had no trouble catching Kira, hahaha, but bah, DN is awesome the way it is, this is the 5th (i think) time i've watched this
Apr 8, 2012 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 8, 2012 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 1, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2012
Alright it's getting better slowly! Loved the new OP/ED!!!
Aug 9, 2012 8:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Things have taken a nose dive since episode 16
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2012 3:02 PM

Jan 2012
I actually miss Ryuk and I want the old Light back. Still, I wonder what will they do about those corporate guys.

Nov 16, 2012 11:53 PM

May 2012
hate the new OP and ED T>T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2012 1:12 PM

Jun 2012
New OP/ED are nice, L needs to die already.
Jan 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
Misa is the most annoying thing ever.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

917 by SrRubikat »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.