Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 11, 2015 8:42 PM

May 2015
p_y said:
Can anyone explain some parts to me?

1. There's a revelation that Naomi kills Seiko. What happened? Was she hallucinating?

Oct 22, 2015 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
Ugh that was horrible.
Oct 28, 2015 9:49 PM
Oct 2015
its a great gore anime ever
i wanna wait for the new episode
or if can
please make it the movie version
Oct 29, 2015 1:39 AM
Oct 2015
is there will be corpse party season 2?
i would like it if it will release
the anime was great
best gore anime ever
but its only have 4 ep
Nov 1, 2015 4:18 PM
Oct 2015
Actually they left a lot out from the game. It was pretty short because they decided to cut out a lot of scenes. Albeit they did put in the key story points and made a new ending, but the small scenes in between add a lot more.

There is a movie version out there

Corpse Party (film)
amzshowFeb 5, 2020 7:21 PM
Nov 4, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2014
wtf satoshi died, didn't expect that
Dec 18, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
Ok, I'm not used to doing this sort of thing so I may not not do a very good job of explaining how I feel about this anime. So, apologies in advance.

I really liked it, even though I have not played the game nor read the manga. It really makes me want to play the game. I wish it was longer and not crammed into 4 episodes, which made it seem rushed to me and from the other reviews I've read it left out a lot of details from the game. (Which is not a bad thing) I think it would make a great 12/13 episode series which I would enjoy watching all of them and even re watching them.

I have to admit I love the horror genre and it's great to see some horror in anime which I don't see that many horror anime and it's been awhile since I have seen as much gore as Corpse Party had in it and the gore scenes were interesting to watch.

The opening song was very beautiful and the art style is nice to look at. A lot of the characters were forgettable for me and it only had a few characters that really stuck out which isn't bothersome to me.

The plot was very good, it was confusing at first but I understood after the last episode. I probably should of played the game FIRST then watch the anime so it wouldn't be confusing for me at all.

I really liked the ending. It was a good and unforgettable plot twist for meand it left me in shocked.
Dec 18, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
SweetFelicity said:
Ok, I'm not used to doing this sort of thing so I may not not do a very good job of explaining how I feel about this anime. So, apologies in advance.

I really liked it, even though I have not played the game nor read the manga. It really makes me want to play the game. I wish it was longer and not crammed into 4 episodes, which made it seem rushed to me and from the other reviews I've read it left out a lot of details from the game. (Which is not a bad thing) I think it would make a great 12/13 episode series which I would enjoy watching all of them and even re watching them.

I have to admit I love the horror genre and it's great to see some horror in anime which I don't see that many horror anime and it's been awhile since I have seen as much gore as Corpse Party had in it and the gore scenes were interesting to watch.

The opening song was very beautiful and the art style is nice to look at. A lot of the characters were forgettable for me and it only had a few characters that really stuck out which isn't bothersome to me.

The plot was very good, it was confusing at first but I understood after the last episode. I probably should of played the game FIRST then watch the anime so it wouldn't be confusing for me at all.

I really liked the ending. It was a good and unforgettable plot twist for meand it left me in shocked.

Yeah, it would've been better if you at least watched a play through on the game through YouTube and then watched the anime. I did that and the anime is like a little treat after finishing the game. Nevertheless, you should still play/watch the game. It's a really good series.
Jan 21, 2016 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
I liked it. Gore ftw.
Jan 24, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2014
At first this was the worst episode, until I saw the very end. I didn't see that coming at all Overall: 7/10!
Feb 28, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2010
Haven't played the game and I was confused af during whole episode. I don't get what's the point of making this show if they're not gonna make it complete with details that you can find in the game. Fucking stupid to force people to play the game if they want to undertand the mess this show is.
Mar 27, 2016 6:29 PM

Jul 2014
I was unamused the whole time, but Satoshi's mistake with with the Sachiko pieces launched my sides into orbit.

I give this anime 2 detached arms/10
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 3, 2016 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
-Shimi- said:
TiffanyTZ said:

Why is the little girl the culprit? And what about the teacher? How did everything actually happened? Explanation please...?

I think it becomes clearer if you actually played the game.

I think that is about it.

It's pretty clear in the anime too, if you pay attention.

Why do people give bad scores to something when they don't understand it? "I don't understand the plot, so it must be bad." Um, okay. It might be bad regardless, but the reason you gave isn't a good one.

The ending was awesome, because in terms of a real-life message, it's realistic. It's not, "friendship randomly solves everything" or "we completed our ordeal so everything is back to normal". In real life, shit often goes wrong. People lose, even if it's not fair. The world doesn't care. That's just the reality of it. That's the sad truth.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 8, 2016 4:39 AM
Mar 2016
thanks guys i just needed to read all of your explanations to the questions i had i mind. furthermore i could say i kinda like the anime hehehe
:3
Apr 23, 2016 8:47 PM
Aug 2015
So...everyone that could be still alive ( Kishinuma Yoshiki!! and Satoshi) died so this Naomi who didn't do much could live?

I'M UPSET! Whyyyy Kishinuma died and Naomi was kept alive? ;-;

I'm still not over Kishinuma's death.

PS: The teacher death was so pointless and "bleh" compared to the others
May 7, 2016 11:43 PM

Mar 2016
i'm sorry but Satoshi shouldn't have given his piece to naomi, i wanted satoshi to live ;-;
May 22, 2016 3:34 PM

Mar 2016
Had to have a few drinks to get through this one. Liked the ending, tho.
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Jun 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man, the manga is fantastic. There are so many things that were better done, like the ending for example or the characters. They were so much more likeable. The anime was kinda rushed. Like Sensei's random death... I mean come on what was that. Kizami/Anatomical model scenes were pretty good though.
Jun 15, 2016 9:50 PM
May 2016
The OVA was a little all over the place and there was too much attention on the shock value rather than the story but I think that was the whole point of this OVA and the fact that it was only four episodes contributed to its "messy" aspect. Otherwise, the ending was definitely a twist and I liked both Sachiko and Naomi quite a bit.
Jun 20, 2016 2:28 AM

Jun 2015
I totally didn't see that coming Satoshi died omg! :O

And why only Naomi's trauma was shown?, what happened to Ayumi?, and why Naomi's mother was saying that her friend doesn't exist?

I'm just gonna sleep now, I'm tired of this
Jul 9, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
what the heck? why did Satchi end up not returning?
I don't understand because Naomi used his charm so why couldn't he use another person's one?
Jul 13, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2015
yonaaofthedawn said:
I don't understand because Naomi used his charm so why couldn't he use another person's one?

Because he used Yuuya's charm(the student ID at the end is a clear hint). I'm pretty sure you have to use one of your group members charm(this is why Naomi got out alive) or you'll end up dead.
Jul 15, 2016 3:39 AM

Oct 2015
LuckyHarm said:
yonaaofthedawn said:

Because he used Yuuya's charm(the student ID at the end is a clear hint). I'm pretty sure you have to use one of your group members charm(this is why Naomi got out alive) or you'll end up dead.

yep,, I became curious and googled it and I already found out but thanks anyway :)
Aug 20, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2013
A round of applause from Satoshi. Oh, wait.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Aug 28, 2016 3:21 AM

May 2016
Yuuya's scrap was a really HANDY plot device. The pain of unfortunate circumstances.

Satoshi being teared apart by dimensional rifting. Ouch.

I miss Yuka ,_,

Oct 7, 2016 2:35 AM

Sep 2016
That was a pretty sad ending, Ididn't expected it,altough Sachiko is in peace now,right?
Dec 22, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Lame anime and a funny ending,both holding a hand,loool.
The principal started everything, but Yuka-chan didn't deserve to die!
Dec 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Well the ended is rather dark than the mange... I prefered the manga's ending
Jan 26, 2017 2:38 PM

Dec 2016
Well I love the game, one of the best games I ever played, but this OVA adaptation of it was rather disappointing. They skipped over a lot of scenes and plot that could have made it a whole lot better. They killed off Kishinuma. They also ignored a lot of character traits.

Without Kishinuma around, Ayumi wasn't able to keep her sanity in the game. She should have been a goner. Also weird how they recover from their close friend's deaths so quickly in this OVA. Yuka and Kishinuma should have at least had more impact. And Ms Yui getting killed right in front of Ayumi would have pushed her over the edge too, since she was so close to her (it almost did in the game, but Kishinuma was there to keep her sane).

Everything just seemed very rushed. I guess you can't expect only 4 episodes to capture the whole story xD. Maybe I would have liked this new scenario better if they gave it more episodes and a bit of character development.

I do have to say though, the ending took me by complete surprise how the two who love Satoshi end up holding one arm each in the end. To anyone who didn't understand, it wasn't Yuka's charm Satoshi had. He had Yuuya Kizami's from when he picked up his ID earlier in episode 2 or 3 (idr which one). So Naomi made it back from having a charm from her school (Satoshi's) and Satoshi died because he had Kizami's. Hope that cleared it up.
Jan 29, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
Does anyone know what happened to Ayumi? In the very end we see what happened to Naomi, but not what happened to Ayumi.

"El Psy Congroo"
Feb 9, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2016
hadassawp said:
Does anyone know what happened to Ayumi? In the very end we see what happened to Naomi, but not what happened to Ayumi.

If the "live action" movie is any indication (it's not cannon so... well, the anime isn't either), Ayumi will return to Heavenly Host to "rescue" her friends.

Jul 23, 2017 11:55 PM

May 2013
Satoshiiiiii ;w;
made by bunnyama
Mar 24, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
Wow that was gruesome some sight, Naomi and Shinozaki holding Satoshi's hands I guess he got left behind. And at the end of the credits, it seems like Naomi has gone loco after she was the one that killed Seiko. Pretty sad ending if you tell me.

Overall I liked the gore and the killings although they were funny instead of being creepy or scary. I laughed of how they were stupid and not well orchestrated, but most of the plot was worse. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 30, 2018 4:08 AM
Feb 2018
hadassawp said:
I was thinking of the same thing! She was my fav character, hopefully the experience didn’t effect her as Naomi..
Oct 20, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2013
So much gore; absolutely disgustingly good.

R.I.P. Satoshi. When they came back with only his arms; gross.

Why was Naomi's mom not aware of her daughter's classmates? Did their deaths in the elementary school erase them from existence? Whatever the reason may be, that ending turned out to be much darker than I initially thought.

A shame about the story and characters. Trying to cram everything into 4 episodes was bound to be a bad idea. Still made for quite an enjoyable albeit gory adventure to get into the Halloween spirit.

It gets a generous 7/10 in my book.

Nov 5, 2018 9:35 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Watching this at night was not a good idea.

What happened to Shinozaki afterwards? And I wished all three of them came back together.
Dec 28, 2018 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Wow that was pretty bad. Last episode was somewhat better as it at least had a coherent story all the wau through instead of terrible side stories. Hopefully the game is better.
Feb 1, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
Decent gore, that's all.
Mar 26, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, never expected this show will be this bad. Edgy gore clusterfck.

21 out of 100
Jun 20, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2017
And there we have it. Corpse Party: Tortured Souls. Not the anime adaptation we needed, wanted, or deserved, but it is the one we got. A bit on the weaker side quality wise. I personally enjoyed the last episode far more. But enough driveling! Let's begin breaking down this episode and this show as a whole.

I've clearly been going on huge tangents about this show, so I will try to keep my episode recap short and sweet to save room for me giving my thoughts on the show itself. I was yet again getting a "checklist" vibe from this episode. Also, for some reason, they begun going the Wrong End 2 ★4, but then stopped halfway to go the True End route, then stopped there too and made some weird amalgamation. There was very little context shown behind the tape of Naho killing Kibiki (unless you've played the game, you shouldn't even know who he is), so that scene felt quite meaningless except for a way to get rid of Naho and, ultimately, inform Ayumi as to what happened to the Nurse. I would have preferred the cut this out entirely (they seem to be okay with this sort of move) and have Ayumi go with Mochida and Naomi to the Principal's office. That would have freed up time that could have been used to, I dunno, have Naomi get her phone back? When the fuck did she get her phone back? It just reappeared in her pocket. Back on track. Yui's death was way more fucker here than it was in the game. I think I preferred her death in the game more as she died sacrificing herself for her students, but if you're only watching/playing Corpse Party for the shock value, you would probably like her death here more. I never made the connection those buckets were filled with tongues... They handled the scene with Naomi realizing she killed Seiko decently well. There is, of course, the issue of her magical phone, and the text message itself was given more context in the game, but whatever. If anyone is curious as to who taped that footage, it was Kibiki's cameraman. He was left out here due to time constraints, I presume. Sachiko's appeasement was fine due to the context we were given. Not surprised Mochida was killed. They performed the charm wrong. They should have done only four chants, but they did six. Not very surprising there. Not sure why her mom doubts her this time. Curious why we saw Yuuya's ID. It made sense in the game because
but they literally have a fucking bloody arm this time. I think that's sufficient evidence that her daughter went through something.

As an anime adaptation, this was ultimately quite disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it could have been far worse, and I had low expectations for this show, to begin with. All things considered, it surpassed my rock bottom expectations, but that doesn't mean it did the source material justice. Just play the game, dudes. As I said earlier, it's on 3DS, so either buy it online for $30 or emulate it with Citra. The game provides a far more terrifying and gruesome experience. I'll give Corpse Party: Tortured Souls a low-to-mid 6/10. It was fine for what it was, but as someone who has experienced the way, it was meant to be experienced this was worse than it should have been.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 8:09 PM
Jul 31, 2019 9:05 PM
Jun 2017
Does anyone know what Naomi was saying at the end?and what happen of Ayumi?
Oct 30, 2019 4:19 PM

May 2015
Ok just got back from finishing the game and decided to re-watch the anime after years from last seeing it and OH GOD!

I actually thought this anime was really good when I originally saw it. Where did I go wrong. It literally took some plot points and pretty much every bad end in the series and shoved them together hoping for a good result.

Seiko and Naomi who were my favourite characters were absolutely betrayed in this anime adaptation and all of their diologue and good moments were ruined with the super rushed nature of the anime. They even outright changed some of the scenes so they wouldnt have to make more scenes to develop it like the game did. The emotional payoff that the game provided is completely gone in the anime. It felt like they entered Heavenly Host and left immedietly after. Probably because of it being only 4 episodes and the fact that I played the game very recently so it was like it was going super quickly.

It was pretty insulting to see my favourite characters die just because the writers wanted to the be the edgiest they could. They basically dropped most of the mystery and story elements in favour of more blood and gore. They got some things right but only on the absolute rare occasion but honestly the entire anime felt like I was watching the game in 10 times the speed with chunks taken out for extra speedrun. Its just such a shame because with the right amount of time they could have easily adapted the game into anime form and done justice to the original story. They needed an absolute minimum of 12 episodes to pull this off. They were trying to shove a 15 hour long game into a 2 hour long OVA series. That fact alone tells you everything about this anime. Everything feels like you're constantly on the skip button so characters talk insanely quickly and events are just completely skipped when they just got started. It'll be like one moment "Ok we've finished the first one" then one minute later its "Ok we've done the rest" and completely skips the inbetween and the actual doing of the tasks. It really ruins all the story and effort put into the original as the game focused on slow build up and tense atmospheres. Both which are not present in the anime. Because its moving 10 times the speed it doesnt have the time or the care to build up a tense atmosphere for the horror it just wants to get to the deaths as quickly as possible without giving any context. I really dont know what they were trying to achieve with this anime adaptation. It pissed off the original fans of the game and it just gave the bad endings and deaths so it could become this meme for all those who say anime isnt for kids to use as evidence.

Looking back at my 2016 self I laugh at how I thought this anime deserved a 10/10. No idea what was going through my head.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 12, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 2019
Blood blood blood more blood zero plot. 5/10
Nov 14, 2019 2:56 PM

Oct 2019
Saturos-001 said:
Blood blood blood more blood zero plot. 5/10

Ditto. 5/10 same old same old
Feb 1, 2020 6:10 AM
Jan 2019
my heart can't take it.
it shock me so much, I made the right choice to open the light while watching.
damn, why did that boy died? why the sensei died in that way, why did he came back and save the little girl that also died, why? why?
I guess I can't sleep tonight
May 2, 2020 9:03 PM

Apr 2020
I don't understand the ending. Can someone explain why only his hands came out and what was that id card?
May 31, 2020 2:29 AM
Apr 2020
We can all agree Satoshi is a hero
Aug 22, 2020 9:15 PM

Aug 2019
sensei dying wasn’t supposed to be funny but her getting decapitated honestly made me chuckle.
Nov 22, 2020 7:32 PM

Jan 2019
This adaptation completely butchered the game. The anime only dead scenes were unnecessary
Mar 16, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2020
as the title of the episode said, sad reality fr...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

136 by Raian_Jamil »»
Apr 30, 8:46 AM

» why no asmr

elitebeef - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.