Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2009 7:14 AM

Dec 2008
Taiga on christmas drugs XD
Shes was totally different but I liked her clothes.

The Scene at Riyujis house was funny.
His mother and Ingo are good side characters

I think RiyujiXMinorin is nearly impossible at the moment
She always ignores him or threats him lika a cold fish and first of all she's totally crazy(in a negative way).

Whats going on between Ami and Minorin?

Kihara knows whats going on, nice side character,too.

Mhh, new ep and op
Pre Parade was better,Vanilla salt not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 7:15 AM

Jan 2008
Taiga's just soo adorable in this episode. many thanks to AkariChan for the awesome picture. Minorin was weird as ever and looks like Ami gonna play a huge part in the love problem. personally, i dont really mind who's Ryuuju going to end up with since i like all the three girls : )

Jan 30, 2009 7:29 AM

Jun 2008
Taiga was cuter than usual in this episode >w<
Jan 30, 2009 7:38 AM

Jul 2008
Taiga and minorin really had a different character, taiga for being so extremely happy and minorin the opposite. lets see what will happen in the christmas party, and kitamura laying down was too awesome xD

Jan 30, 2009 7:41 AM

May 2007

I melted in Taiga's super happy cuteness. So much screencappable moments to capture Taiga's moeness~ <3

It's kinda weird for me... I didn't get the usual impression watching Toradora! It's near Christmas time, and Taiga feel in extra happy mood, yet there's a tight atmosphere all around. I'm not used to seeing Minori like that and she seems to drag down everyone else while usually she's the spirit booster. A change of pace in the romantic side, and it seems everyone understands now that Taiga likes Kitamura (from the wallet Taiga dropped last episode). The whole class 2-C now trying to pair up Taiga and Kitamura, but Ryuuji who knew about it all along felt uncomfortable all of the sudden. Kiriha was the girl in the gym in episode 2 I believe and was targeted by Taiga and Ryuuji. Seems she's getting more role as of late, hinted that she likes Yuusaku.

My overall thoughts.... Ryuuji could in fact, starting to have a feeling for Taiga. I knew most of you were expecting this to happen since the beginning but let's take a look what's gonna happen next. Will the Ryuuji and Minorin thing work out? Will Kiriha interfere between Taiga and Yuusaku? What is Ami's role in the X'mas party (since she was the one who said it Minori)?
Jan 30, 2009 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
This episode had a very different feel to it, and i don't just mean the new Op/Ed.
But it's still good and im definitely looking forward to the next episode. I just hope Minorin comes back to normal soon.
Jan 30, 2009 8:05 AM

Oct 2008
I liked how Toradora promoted Coalguys haha
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 30, 2009 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
Hey BTW Mr. Chibs how do you like this one?
Jan 30, 2009 8:30 AM

May 2007
*nosebleed*

The last thing I expected to see in Toradora is half naked Te Nori Taiga. XD
Thank you for the screen cap, darkside.

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the new opening. The characters giving more serious looks is a sign Toradora won't be the same again as in the first half.

Tenshi no Taiga!
Jan 30, 2009 8:37 AM

May 2007
After sub thoughts: So Kihara was trying to form an alliance with Takasu. It would've been interesting to see Ryuuji helping both Taiga and Kihara at the same time.

CoalGuys are coal.
Jan 30, 2009 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
OMG THIS EPISODE WAS SOO GREAT!! I MEAN A NEW OPENING AND ENDING THEME! PLUS THAT IT SEEMS LIKE RYUUJI STARTS TO HAVE A LITTLE CRUSH ON TAIGA!! TAIGA AND RYUUJI FOR EVEER <33 :)
Jan 30, 2009 9:20 AM

Mar 2008
quite lik the new ops and ending. the last ones were amazing but these will probs grow on me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2009 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Hm... I liked the first OP better.
New ED is nice though.
The episode was interesting. Everyone acted so different. Oô
Jan 30, 2009 10:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Minorin~ ;_;

New OP and ED are good, not as good as the previous ones but still.

Episode was really whacky, almost everyone acted totally different. ^^

Taiga was ridiculously cute though; only the 'coal guys only' thing in the CG subs was totally lame.
cyruzJan 30, 2009 10:52 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 30, 2009 10:32 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode, but it was really strange. Taiga loves Christmas and believes in Santa still? Ok, that's fine. It's kinda funny too. Kitamura is worshipped by the school the same way as Taiga after the festival? Ok, that's fine. His show with Y-chan was borderline hilarious. Minorin falling into a semi-depression? I don't know, that's kind of weird. The bald cap was ridiculous, and, while in character with her upbeat persona, is totally out of character with the state that she has been in. Introducing a new love interest for Kitamura? Actually, I kind of like her, though it feels a little too late (but there are still like 10 episodes left so it doesn't really matter)...she reminds me of Minorin, but in a better, more down to earth way. Long-haired guy's dream? Really weird, but kinda funny...fan-service for all! Finally, we have Ryuuji "realizing" he has deeper feelings for Taiga. I hate this. It was like a light switch just flipped on. Lame. I'm actually pretty angry that this is the direction they're taking. Ryuuji and Taiga do not belong together. That's just my opinion, and the way that it looks like it's going is feeling more contrived than organic.

I know what I want to see happen, but it's really not going to happen.
-Ami/Ryuuji
-Kitamura/Taiga (I like the parallel of their humiliation, and subsequent popularity)
-Minorin die...or move...just completely removed from the picture...lesbian is fine
Jan 30, 2009 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
"you're not loyal dog called Hachiko" <--- so from NANA :::: D

And Taiga is being sooo cute ! When she says to Ami that Santa exists and stuff :3 And the dream part was absolutely fabulous !
And I'm so hoping that Taiga and Ryuuji would go together !!!

Jan 30, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, more Minorin yay~ and I like the new OP, but not so much the new ED.
Jan 30, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
New OP and ED! I like them. Both more and less than the old ones. It's a welcome change for me. What happened to Minorin..? It doesn't seem like it was just the baseball game that was the cause...it started before that, didn't it? And does Takasu have feelings for Taiga? This'll be interesting! Toradora's so awesome. I followed Clannad ~AS~ Episode 16 up with this and it totally made me feel better. Yay Toradora!~~

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jan 30, 2009 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
Taiga had a shocking level of moe quality in this episode. It's good to see her with a cute bright smile rather than her usual 'piss off' face and attitude. I really wonder why characters in this show get so depressed they have to change their appearance. Kitamura dyes his hair, Minori wears a baldy wig. What a bunch of weirdos.

Jan 30, 2009 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
Taiga was moe as hell in the entire episode and Minorin needs to stop being depressed so she can start making more jokes. ;D

cyruz said:
only the 'coal guys only' thing in the CG subs was totally lame.

Yeah, that was kinda retarded.
Jan 30, 2009 10:57 AM
Dec 2007
Johnyo said:
This episode had a very different feel to it, and i don't just mean the new Op/Ed.
But it's still good and im definitely looking forward to the next episode. I just hope Minorin comes back to normal soon.

Yep. Different feeling (Christmas certainly), plus Minorin and Taiga almost switched roles, in personnality and towards Ryuuji. Still, this episode was really well directed and it's good to see new characters stepping up, it makes things much more interesting for the end now. I kinda like Minorin though, I hope she'll recover soon, since I'd prefer seeing Ryuuji either with her or Ami (which is a fantastic character), but it seems the script is not heading this way.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 30, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
That dream certainly was interesting. This show is starting to get a bit more dramatic, but the comedy is still very much intact. The new opening and ending are a plus, I was starting to really tire of the old ones.

#NBHNC
Jan 30, 2009 11:35 AM

May 2007
Factor said:
cyruz said:

quoted for truth
Jan 30, 2009 11:47 AM

Mar 2008
Chibs said:
*nosebleed*

The last thing I expected to see in Toradora is half naked Te Nori Taiga. XD
Thank you for the screen cap, darkside.

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the new opening. The characters giving more serious looks is a sign Toradora won't be the same again as in the first half.

Tenshi no Taiga!

Heh? Been a while but people are nice to me since I came back! :D
Screen cap? Yeah, I wanted to see the reaction of people.
darkside099Jan 30, 2009 11:52 AM
Jan 30, 2009 12:02 PM

Aug 2008
I could handle Taiga losing her tsundere status while waiting on Santa Claus. It might have been a release for her. Besides, she wasn't always perfectly nice. She rattled off a few insult for Ryuuji a couple times.

I'm going to be fine if Ryuuji ends up with Minorin OR Taiga. They're both good (and thats rare for me to say) so I'll be happy no matter what (unless he ends up with Ami, but we all know that won't happen.) Not to say I want her to be unhappy. I just dont think theyre a good pair.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 30, 2009 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
Chibs said:
Factor said:
cyruz said:

quoted for truth

I liked it...I thought it was quite funny.
Jan 30, 2009 12:13 PM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
Chibs said:
Factor said:
cyruz said:

quoted for truth

Ok, DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Is this a joke or the translation said that exactly?
Jan 30, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
Sonja said:

And Taiga is being sooo cute ! When she says to Ami that Santa exists and stuff :3 And the dream part was absolutely fabulous !

I don't know anything about Nana (the anime or manga) but Hachiko was a real dog and a real story that is known through Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

darkside099 said:
noteDhero said:
Chibs said:
Factor said:
cyruz said:

quoted for truth

It was a joke. A very lame one. I wish they would release a version 2 with the original translation.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jan 30, 2009 12:28 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, it seems like Ryuuji is noticing something now. Can't wait to see what happens. Good new Opening and closing; though I still prefer the original. Yay for Christmas!
Jan 30, 2009 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
Good god, it took them till episode 17 to have Ryuuji start showing his romantic interest in Taiga(via jealousy). Apparently Kitamura is a baller with women dispite his physical appearance, I'm guessing they are setting that girl up with Kitamura so we can have a happy-ending-for-all ending. Still don't really know what the hell is wrong with Minori, I hope they don't wait till the final episode to elaborate what exactly her issues are.

Also, one of those DB mods really needs to add drama to the genre description. I don't really see how they list this anime under the "ecchi" and "slice-of-life" genre(which it isn't really either of those) and not put drama.

As for the OP and ED, nothing really spectacular, though I usually don't really care about mid season changes to OP/EDs anyways.
Jan 30, 2009 12:35 PM
Apr 2008
Haha the TaigaxRyuuji thing is finally out, i was wondering how long that would take.

Was it just me or was Taiga really adorably cute in this episode, it's not really like her :P

Jan 30, 2009 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
ani said:
Sonja said:

I don't know anything about Nana (the anime or manga) but Hachiko was a real dog and a real story that is known through Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

darkside099 said:
noteDhero said:
Chibs said:
Factor said:
cyruz said:

quoted for truth

It was a joke. A very lame one. I wish they would release a version 2 with the original translation.

Ok, so what is the translation that was to be there?
Jan 30, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
darkside099 said:

Ok, so what is the translation that was to be there?

See post #38

I thought it was lame, just like what they did with ef - Tale of Melodies. However I still appreciate their subbing efforts.
Jan 30, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I like new op song, but the previous one was better.
And I still don't get what's wrong with Minorin but somehow I start disliking her.
RyuujixTaiga? Well, that would be nice and sweet and so on, but isn't that too obvious? I hope it won't be so banal.
Yay, I like Ryuuji!
Jan 30, 2009 2:05 PM

Sep 2008
Man I gotta say ep 16 to ep 17 was a HUGE change.

For starters the new opening music. I liked the old one more on its own, BUT with the shows change of pace this is a lot better for the show and it was a necessary change.

Also the show seems way different then it was. The style has made a pretty noticable change.

Finnally the former minor characters are way more important than they were in the series beginnig. They used to be little more than background to set up a story and slowly became more important but with this episode they just jumped up in importance. Not main characters but more like secondary characters whereas they were more like background characters before.

This episode just got me more excited than I was a t the beginning of the series. Can't wait for 18. ;)
The esteemed General Cow
Jan 30, 2009 2:08 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode once again. Minorin acting all weird for reasons unknown (though we can guess) and Taiga acting all cute and happy because of Christmas time. Kitamura's entrance in the classroom was freaking hilarious btw XD

About the OP: I liked the previous one better but it's still pretty high quality.

I can't wait for the next episode. Taiga and Minorin = <3

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 30, 2009 2:25 PM
Jun 2008
Love the new end theme, greatly disliked the opening.
Jan 30, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyable episode, setting up another story with Minorin and the upcoming Christmas party.
lol at the GNR reference, after reading the posts here I kinda understand...

Jan 30, 2009 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
I don't mind CoalGuys translation thing, I thought it was funny.
Jan 30, 2009 3:08 PM

Dec 2008
This ep was so cute :)
Jan 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
Already 5 pages? ehh

So, I'm totally lost. Minori's gone from crazy to total nutjob, Taiga is one happy camper, Ryuuji is starting to like Taiga, some new girl likes Kitamura too, and Ami knows everything. Feels like watching a new show.

Well, the new OP and ED are good but not as good as the previous ones.
Jan 30, 2009 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
Ah, another great episode, especially with the Christmas theme starting to come in. This was a cute one, with Taiga talking about how she loves Christmas and is acting good because Santa is watching and Ryuuji getting a little bothered when Taiga and Kitamura start hitting it off. It'll be interesting to see how that will play out, and if Ryuuji will step in eventually.

The new OP and ED were pretty cool. OP wasn't as good as the old one in my opinion, but I think the ED is just as good.

Here's to hoping that next episode some light will be shed on Minori's situation.
Jan 30, 2009 4:25 PM

Feb 2008
honestly, i am getting a bit worn out with the character's attitudes.

the new Opening and ending songs are not nearly as good as the others.
Jan 30, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Ani - actually that was the joke.

In Nana, they both had the name Nana so they decided one should be called Hachi (7 and 8) - but because "Hachi" acted like a puppy, they called her Hachiko, just like the famous dog, which they actually discussed in the manga/anime.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 30, 2009 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
"Dere" Taiga is way better than "tsun" Taiga :)

The new opening is OK; Pre-Parade is better. I'm one of the very few here who likes the new ending better than the old ending.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 30, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2007
Kvakond said:

So, I'm totally lost. Minori's gone from crazy to total nutjob, Taiga is one happy camper, Ryuuji is starting to like Taiga, some new girl likes Kitamura too, and Ami knows everything. Feels like watching a new show.

I feel that the characters have gone "out of character" a bit too suddenly. I do understand that it's been a few weeks since things have happened in the storyline, but I guess I'm not adjusting to the sudden character-personality changes. But I will admit things are starting to get really interesting and for once, pairings are really hard to predict. Seems like we're in the Kushieda arc now where we get to deal with her messed up problem.
Jan 30, 2009 5:19 PM

Apr 2008
Very cute. :) Guess Ryuuji's realizing his feelings for Taiga!
And I wonder what's up with Minori...:'(
Jan 30, 2009 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
vindemon64 said:
Kvakond said:

I feel that the characters have gone "out of character" a bit too suddenly. I do understand that it's been a few weeks since things have happened in the storyline, but I guess I'm not adjusting to the sudden character-personality changes. But I will admit things are starting to get really interesting and for once, pairings are really hard to predict. Seems like we're in the Kushieda arc now where we get to deal with her messed up problem.

True, why a mess in few episodes ... Too sudden. ..

Jan 30, 2009 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Ya-chan ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jan 30, 2009 6:41 PM

May 2007
This! This is what i'm waiting long long time ago!

This is a masterpiece. This is what i wanted!
THIS IS sparta ONE OF THE BEST ANIME EVER
(Sorry on the sparta joke, i know its already old as hell, but i can't help to be lame.)

This time was the one and only time i laughted at Inko-chan (On the anime)
xD

As for Haruta's dream, i really enjoyed. I can't say i laughted at it, but it sure made me smile.

The "out of character" thing is thanks to the fact that the staff had to crop out some parts so the anime would fit.
Check the manga and you won't have a problem with this.

Taiga being more dere is indeed something good to have for a while.
Though she was getting better throught kitamura's arc.

My hate for Minorin growns stronger each time i see her.
Before i didn't like her because of her lunacy and by the fact that she is the only thing holding Takasu from going for either Taiga or Ami.

I'm really confused about how this is going to end. It seems like its heading back towards taiga, but there still a possibility of takassu getting minorin, which in my opinion is compleaty boring, and stupid.
IRL personalitys like that tend to fail in a relationship.

I would bet my 5 cents on takasu x amin, but lately amin's development and screen time have been reduced. Saddly enough.

Really good episode.
This series is real slice of life.
Things like that really happen between friends.
Thats why i find this series lovely. lol

BTW lately minorin has become more and more predictable.
Before i was usually wrong in my expeculations, but now i've being getting more rights then wrongs. =O

This episode is what made the next one something that might decide if this series is indeed a masterpiece, as i think, or if its just another anime with an very good start, that ended being a phailure.

i'm too sleeply to write anymoar.
please ignore my typos. too sleepy to check.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.