Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2013 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
[I'm surprised that I am the only one wanting to post on these episodes]

When I started watching this series, I never thought I would see Tai dueling.. let alone with a penguin. o_o
Mar 19, 2014 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
These episodes sure feel like filler. These enemies are completely random. But I kinda enjoy it nevertheless especially because we see Tea dueling again.
She isn't bad at all :D Of course it looks like she's losing, but that's just natural in that anime xD
Apr 3, 2014 8:41 PM

Mar 2011
I really liked this episode. Anzu ♥
Penguin with no Batman but a mahou shoujo. xD
Jun 30, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2011
I liked the episode, is good to see Anzu dueling again.
Aug 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
The "freezing as you lose" mech strongly reminded me of Sailor Moon R's ep 25; especially good since Tea and Mercury share the VA in the br-pt dub :D
May 20, 2017 9:14 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development, we'll see her fight as well for once! Let's see what's next.
Mar 14, 2019 5:11 AM

Sep 2018
I really like the Yugioh penguin monsters, so it's nice to see some of them in the anime. Also cool to see Anzu dueling, even though it's just filler.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Jul 14, 2019 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
I like that we get to see Tea have her own duel again, especially as a tag team with Dark Magician Girl.
That pyro monster's design was cute, I hope it's not the last time we'll see her.
Mar 1, 2020 12:47 PM

Nov 2017
I'm glad the anime writers are giving Anzu time to shine. She only dueled like once before this. She's up against a perverted middle-aged man/penguin who has a love for penguins.

He loves penguins so much because they helped him get past his childhood trauma or something like that.

As far as this duel goes, Anzu is in trouble because of the whole freezing your body as you lose life points thingy. She can still turn this duel around though. Yuugi's looking for her now, but he needs to get out of the maze Noah has set up first
Nov 19, 2021 3:45 PM

Aug 2019
I loved the animation in this episode especially when Fire Sorcerer attacked, but God the writing was bad. Anzu suddenly having a bond with DMG when she didn't even mention liking the card before this episode was horrible. Also we were led to believe that she was smarter at dueling that Jounouchi as seen in the 2nd episode, yet here she didn't even know that Dark Magician and DMG worked better in the same deck? Plus she removed Pot of Greed from her hand to use Fire Sorcerer's effect. Seriously why...?

Oh and Otaki had the most petty reason to hate Kaiba lol. His obsession with penguins would've been hilarious if he wasn't so creepy.
Jan 20, 3:27 PM

Jan 2021
Anzu and Black Magician Girl waifu <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

Cele - Oct 25, 2009

35 by -DxP- »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.