Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 11, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2013
ouch feel bad for kiba, thought he was gonna get away with it too XD
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Aug 12, 2013 12:03 AM
Feb 2013
This was a great episode! sucks that Issei doesn't get to "suck Rias senpai's breasts" lol and also glad that Xenovia joined the group, it seems like she will fit in well too. Nice twist at the end, didn't see that coming.
Aug 12, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2011
Cabron said:
xJapaliicious said:
I need to read the novel, oh man.
DO IT.

I still asking myself why I didn't read yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man the battle still rages on, quite the epic fight as like the previous episode.
Issei's Harem King still goes on XD
Also glad that Xenovia joins the club as well.

Wow the ending I didn't expect that.

Aug 12, 2013 12:48 AM

May 2013
A lot happened this episode. And I'm excited for the next one!

We learned that Akeno is the daughter of Baraqiel, a Fallen Angel. And apparently, there's something going on between Akeno and her father. She also seems to be developing a crush on Issei.

We also learned that God is dead. And Archangel Michael, an Angel, is the one taking over. Learning this affects Xenovia and Asia. Xenovia then becomes a Devil, a Knight of Rias to be specific.

Kokabiel is OP. Rias with boosted powers and Akeno couldn't scratch him. Yuuto managed to scratch Kokabiel by going Zoro and then Issei, whose desire is to suck Rias' boobs, managed to punch Kokabiel. Issei, who wants to be the Harem King, was about to fight when all of a sudden...

Vali, the host of Albion the Vanishing Dragon, appears with Divine Dividing in Balance Breaker form. He instantly takes down Kokabiel and delivers him to Azazel.

The drunk guy Issei hangs out with reveals himself to be Azazel, the boss of the Fallen Angels.

In other news, Yuuto receives a thousand spankings from Rias.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 12, 2013 12:51 AM

May 2010
Purple-pinkish blood, is it danganronpa? xD Issei annoys me as much as ever... A woman's body is all he care about, I know he wants to protect them but the reason to do so is absurd... He doesn't even make me laugh.

Vanishing dragon was very cool, now that's what I call a good character. Gotta love Koneko and her comments. She is the cutest and the best one here.

Btw does Yuuto have some girl in his harem or all are in love with Issei (Who does not even deserve it) ?
Aug 12, 2013 1:14 AM

Jan 2013
The vanishing dragon armor was pretty cool with the wings.
Haha, Azazel is pretty cool ^^

Seems like there's a lot more that can be going on... Hope they don't rush it and make a 3rd season!!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 12, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
I think at the rate they are going, and considering the extent of the original works, they have enough material for several more seasons if the economics of producing it are favourable.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 12, 2013 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
ElfinMint said:
Everytime.

also that was an epic fight.

Hmm amusing lol

Yay Vali made an appearance and Xenovia finally joined. Of course the cool fight will happen in episode 11ish or probably the 12th.
Yes, I also read/watch this for the fights and not just the tits. Well, after this arc Issei starts transforming more often, so I will hold my breath till the third anime project (hopefully it happens).
Aug 12, 2013 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
So with the addition of a new Knight does this mean Rias is gonna get another Rook and Bishop somewhere down the line?
StardustCharismaAug 12, 2013 2:15 AM
Aug 12, 2013 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
So did Issei suck on Rias boobs? :)
Aug 12, 2013 2:52 AM
Jul 2013
DoctorDoom said:
So with the addition of a new Knight does this mean Rias is gonna get another Rook and Bishop somewhere down the line?

Aug 12, 2013 4:35 AM

Dec 2012
BladesOfTime said:
So did Issei suck on Rias boobs? :)

No, because Vali took Kokabiel out, if Issei did it, then yea he would have a great time.
Basically Vali ruined Issei's once in a lifetime opportunity.
Aug 12, 2013 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Axxen said:
Ophis said:
NeoAnkara said:
aw454wtr said:
Kokabiel is really weak, here he is trying to pick a fight with the uber overpowered super devil sirzechs lucifer, when he can't even stand up to vali
Actualy he is strong. It just that Vali is uber tier so is Sirzech.

Hmm Vali is uber tier but I would say Sirzechs is more like god tier. He was even going to destroy Hades. Don't forget about Ajuka Beelzebub. He's also as insanely powerful as Sirzechs!

Id say for Vali to win against Sirzechs, hed have to manage to touch him, then survive long enough for his divine dividing to be effective enough.....or use a certain *cough* juggernaut form to help even the odds.

in volume 12 of the light novel, sirzechs was revealed to have a super saiyan mode that made him 10x stronger than the previous lucifer, hades who is ranked in the top 10 most strongest people in dxd universe was trembling at this form, in volume 7 is was shown that vali's divinding power does not work on god class opponents, it did not work on loki who is way weaker than hades of srizechs
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Aug 12, 2013 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
The power of boobs compales you!
Aug 12, 2013 9:20 AM
Aug 2011
No mention of Yuuto's santouryu attack?

Also, about the censorship, I did a google search for "Funimation, dxd, censored" and found the following info in one of their Facebook posts:

"Funimation did not get the atxhd broadcast that airs the uncensored version of High School DxD New. The first season that they simulcast was censored as well, the only reason episodes 1-12 on the site are uncensored is because Funimation has the rights to the the physical media that contains the bat free version. They can only stream the uncensored versions of shows they have an actual full license for, or the broadcaster gives them such a master to work with while simulcasting."
Aug 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
shit just getting real now.. :3
white dragon is show himself! XD damn it is cool.. but somehow weird -_- is it a gundam or something from AW -_-

anyway.. azazel... so that guy is azazel! -_- I was think he is the white dragon :O
Aug 12, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Oh ho, Akeno has finally fallen for Issei.
Lancelot Albion is that you?!
Aug 12, 2013 1:07 PM
Jan 2013
The white dragon has just arrived and Azazel has just introduced himself to Issei, I wonder what's next?
Aug 12, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Man, those were two fast introductions. Heh, Albion. I know what that should remind everyone. It even looks similar.

Fanservice episode next time? Hell yeah, OPPAI!
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 12, 2013 2:12 PM
Jul 2013
Oh man, this was a great episode! Finding out that Akeno-Kun is the daughter of a Fallen Angel than Kiba and Xenovia working together to fight Koka and slashed 1/1000000 of his face, LOL. Akeno-Kun finally falls for Issei and than Issei gets really weak with the word "Harem". Rias offers his breasts. Lmfao. That was just so epic. Xenovia is now a devil, I want to see more of Akeno and Issei. Hopefully soon! But 10/10 episode.

To Stark: Where do you watch Anime, because when you made the post, it wasn't out on Animefreak.tv
Aug 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Issei trying to be Roronoa Zoro haha~ good try
Aug 12, 2013 5:16 PM

May 2013
Great episode with some new information. :)

5/5
Aug 12, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
you know what i saw? kiba using santoryu :D
Aug 12, 2013 8:48 PM

Oct 2012
Probably my favorite episode so far. This is getting better.
Aug 12, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2010
Issei... keeping the dream alive XD all the man want to is suck dem boobs, i feel ya bro haha
Aug 12, 2013 9:38 PM

Sep 2012
So the sequel to High School DxD is Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi LOL LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 12, 2013 9:43 PM

Mar 2012
Baddie007 said:
The white dragon has just arrived and Azazel has just introduced himself to Issei, I wonder what's next?
Pool episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 13, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
that vanishing dragon is so bad-ass...

one-hit to Kokabiel...

LOL at Issei when Rias said to him that he can suck her nipples if he defeated Kokabiel....he says he can kick God's ass on his state...what if Rias say that he can have sex with him? i think he would be the strongest MC in the Anime Industry...LOL

xD
Aug 13, 2013 6:01 AM
Dec 2012
I don't understand why Kokabiel used such small swords of Light. He should've used a giant sword (or arrow) like he did in the last episode. Also I don't understand why Xenovia chose to become a devil rather than a normal human just because she got labeled as a heretic and got disappointed at the Church. That truth about God was surprising, and the secret of the three powers was interesting. It was a hilarious moment when Issei was on the verge of being led down the primrose path proposed by Kokabiel. I prefer the baroque-style interlude of the 1st season, but the new one fits the serious tone of the 2nd season. I was disappointed in the White Dragon who looked like Gundam: I had expected him to look like a dragon. Also I was disappointed at his voice which sounded like a smart guy rather than a formidable & scary guy. Glad Kiba came back to Rias though I didn't imagine he would be spanked. Wow@Azazel at the end. Curious to see what Azazel is going to do, but next ep seems lighthearted full of fanservice with girls.
Aug 13, 2013 9:07 AM
Jun 2010
welp this episode was pretty nice but i felt like there wasnt enough love for issei instead people focused on pretty boy a lot ;__; well i feel like the next episode will just be some beach fan service episode with the girls fighting for issei i hope anyway since he needs the love, this episode was lacking in the harem feel nut enough luvvoo
Aug 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
The fight was pretty nice and the entrance of the England dragon was very cool, but the highlight of this episode was Akeno falling for Issei.
Anyway I wish this season would have 2 cours, as 12 episodes per year are a bit low.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 13, 2013 4:03 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Lots of things happened in this episode.

Kokabiel is pretty much a fodder boss before the real boss, the White Emperor Dragon. Damn. Xenovia becoming a devil, and Azazel is introduced. Just... wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2013 5:59 PM

May 2013
Great episode, this season is definitely much more entertaining than the first one. Issei's perversity in this serious situation made me laugh and facepalm at the same time. Good stuff.
Aug 13, 2013 7:28 PM

Apr 2013
great episode! loved the fight scene! Azazel sure suprised me i wonder what he wants from issei???
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Aug 13, 2013 7:40 PM
Dec 2012
To be honest I didn't really like the overuse of the sucking-on-Prez's-oppai gag. Saying it once and having him go super powered would have been enough. Continuously repeating it over and over kinda took away from the epicness of the moment.

Kiba, what a boss. Even a boosted Rias struggled but this guy goes complete Zoro and gets a hit in, if only a weak one.

So Rias and her subjects could barely fight Kokabiel, and then the Vanishing Dragon one-shots the guy. Issei, you have some serious training to do.

Still, best episode so far this season. Wish this could be made into 25 episode seasons, but I guess you can't have everything, can you?
I really want to read the light novels, but reading just isn't the same as watching the characters and hearing the sound effects, BGM, and voices. Urgh...
Me on scoring anime with a 1:
Aug 13, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
ElfinMint said:
Everytime.

also that was an epic fight.

I think we need one of these pics for Free, Danganronpa and Valvrave.
Aug 13, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
Looks like the karaoke part will be animated in the BD/DVD....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 13, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2012
I'm really surprised how weak Kokabiel turned out to be against him.

Dat dragon guy must be very OP.

and things are going to get more awesome now that Xenovia is part of the club.
Aug 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Jan 2012
This series has been surprisingly enjoyable for me, not just for its fan service but an incredible story that goes along with it! Really looking forward to the next episode!
Live, Laugh, Love.

Aug 14, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Though its weird that God could just die.
They make it sound like there is only one God in that universe.
And, for the most powerful being ever to die...

Interesting
Aug 14, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
RediceRyan said:
Good episode.
Though its weird that God could just die.
They make it sound like there is only one God in that universe.
And, for the most powerful being ever to die...

Interesting

Only the christian god died, other gods such as odin the nordic god is still alive in the DxD univers
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Aug 15, 2013 9:06 AM

May 2013
hilarious ep 5/5
i did LOL alot
Aug 15, 2013 5:14 PM

Apr 2008
Read spoilers that Vali had something similar to Issei that earned their dragon new title.
Will that be in volume 4 or somewhere around 6 ?
Aug 16, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2013
nseika said:
Read spoilers that Vali had something similar to Issei that earned their dragon new title.
Will that be in volume 4 or somewhere around 6 ?

Hmm... I think I know what you're getting at

On a different note, I found out today that Albion is the old greek word for England. I find this amusing, being English and living in Wales. Nice job Ishibumi.
Vali has such a cool Balance Break. I'd rather White over Red in that respect
Aug 16, 2013 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
Issei.. god amongst men.
Aug 16, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
lol wtf rias couldnt do shit to the guy and then some flying dragon armor guy ohko him.

and issei's speech while n battle... wtf. lol
Aug 17, 2013 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
The ending was surprising though
Never would have expected anything like that to happen. But then it makes things more interesting.
Aug 17, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2013
Vali shows up, Xenovia joins the harem, Azazel reveals himself. Life's guuuuud.

Here's to next episode, looks like a beach episode but I wonder if Serafall might show up.
Aug 17, 2013 6:50 AM
Feb 2012
^hopefully there won't be too much filler. I do remember something akin to a beach episode from the light novels but I can't tell for sure if it's going to be the same.
Anyway, seeing Vali make his real appearance was nice. They did a good job at adapting the respective scenes, and all in all it was a good and entertaining episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.