Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 22, 2013 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
KyuubiUnleashed said:
Lmao Ilya is stronger than EMIYA and Shirou as an Archer and in skill.
So did Illya miss her arrow on purpose? Well, not hitting Saber's body
KyuubiUnleashed said:
Well it was her first time using it, I meant that she pulled out Excalibur and used it without like it was nothing, other than fainting at the end.

Ilya isnt better than EMIYA in skill she just has many many times more mana than he does.Here in her "trance" mode she was the same as EMIYA.But yeah Shirou isnt that good.
Saber avoided it because of her high Instinct skill.Remember that she -barely-avoided Gae Bolg in FSN because of her combined Luck and Instinct.
Aug 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
KyuubiUnleashed said:
Lmao Ilya is stronger than EMIYA and Shirou as an Archer and in skill.
So did Illya miss her arrow on purpose? Well, not hitting Saber's body
KyuubiUnleashed said:
Well it was her first time using it, I meant that she pulled out Excalibur and used it without like it was nothing, other than fainting at the end.

Ilya isnt better than EMIYA in skill she just has many many times more mana than he does.Here in her "trance" mode she was the same as EMIYA.But yeah Shirou isnt that good.
Saber avoided it because of her high Instinct skill.Remember that she -barely-avoided Gae Bolg in FSN because of her combined Luck and Instinct.

Oh really? I should re-watch that scene again then cause I thought that Saber didn't move :|

She seems to have tilted her head in the close up.
In the manga it is more obvious(in spoiler due to size)
Aug 22, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
Oh yea I forgot about the servant stats.
Aug 23, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
Shows like this where you should never trust MAL ratings,knew the action in this would be great was not disappointed
Aug 23, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
This aniime is enjoyable, the animation and art are great. I just have two issues:
First, the fights don't have that much tension, compared with Fate/Zero for example. You just know that none of the girls are going to die, and that they'll win eventually... Maybe future episodes will prove me wrong.
Second, why does Saber have boobs?!!
Aug 23, 2013 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
NxK said:
This aniime is enjoyable, the animation and art are great. I just have two issues:
First, the fights don't have that much tension, compared with Fate/Zero for example. You just know that none of the girls are going to die, and that they'll win eventually... Maybe future episodes will prove me wrong.

Two(?) girls;mahou shoujo series;story is supposed to be a happy world for one of them;
Why would they kill them?

I am tired ti watch it now but I guess it is the armor...?
Aug 24, 2013 1:36 AM
Feb 2013
At first i was a little wary of this show simply because of the mahou shoujo theme. (im a male), but i got to say I'm very impressed by what has come from taking the chance and watching this. I really really thought that F/SN was a huge mess of the source material, unlimited BW was also too rushed since it was a movie and that even fate/zero was kinda too slow at times or maybe too gaudy. I love the VNs and some of the scenes just didn't match up with what i pictured in my mind. It really is a shame that they decided to air this show on an off season and do it in a 10 episode format rather then a full 24 episodes depicting 2 of the manga seasons.

Heres hoping for 2 more seasons and a F/SN remake with real animation and plot lines. (the one episode of the original that does do it justice is the Archer v berserker episode.)

Btw incase you didnt realize it my favorite character was FS/N archer in terms of ability. Just seems so bad ass to be able to store and materialize anything in your imagination.
Aug 24, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
epic fight
Aug 24, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
NxK said:

Two(?) girls;mahou shoujo series;story is supposed to be a happy world for one of them;

LUL, define "happy". xD
Aug 24, 2013 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
NxK said:

LUL, define "happy". xD
HAppy as in she is not a sacrificial doll,she has her family,and she has her friends .
ALso notice the "supposed".
Aug 28, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2008
Quite an enjoyable episode with strong action although i don't get how the hell she materialized an Excalibur by absorbing an archer card.

Arlia said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

When peoples will notice that this is the freakin' best that season ?

Considering people are generally quite stupid, I have no idea.

How is this rated below 8-9 ALSO escapes me.

1.Too many Type Moon haters.
2."This is a disgrace to Fate/Zero"<-Said by someone that has watched only Fate/Zero.
3.Mahou Shoujo but not Urobuchi
4.Ilya(yes many dislike her(or even hate) due to HF not having an adaptation)
5."Card Captor Sakura rip off"/"Nanoha rip off"
6.No Saber.The normal one.

People are freakin' stupid in this case. Eck, this anime much more close to the fate universe that the Fate Stay Night anime was.

No you people are the stupid ones. And your last sentence proves it. All you care is about your adoration of the fate universe not whether this anime as an anime is good. OMG! you saw cool graphics with a black saber and a big explosion, BEST!!! Give me a freaking break.
All fate anime and i mean absolutely all aren't that great at all. First cause they hardly make sense by themselves and only Fate universe fan boys really get what the whole big picture of the plot is about. Second this anime until now had nothing great about it except the cool looking spirits they get to fight and coll powers being shown. Characters are hardly appealing and the plot is again just one fight after the other.

All of you fanboys forget that some people simply watch it as another anime they watch and not like "OMG THE FATE UNIVERSE!!!!!"
How about putting away your obsession glasses that make you talk 5 to 10 pages each episode about what elements you saw from the fate universe, and what is coming etc and basically anything but the episode itself and try to see how it stuck ups as simply an anime with two little girls and two silly ojousamas?
MonadAug 28, 2013 11:52 PM
Aug 29, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
Quite an enjoyable episode with strong action although i don't get how the hell she materialized an Excalibur by absorbing an archer card.

Arlia said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

2."This is a disgrace to Fate/Zero"<-Said by someone that has watched only Fate/Zero.

People are freakin' stupid in this case. Eck, this anime much more close to the fate universe that the Fate Stay Night anime was.

No you people are the stupid ones. And your last sentence proves it. All you care is about your adoration of the fate universe not whether this anime as an anime is good. OMG! you saw cool graphics with a black saber and a big explosion, BEST!!! Give me a freaking break.
All fate anime and i mean absolutely all aren't that great at all. First cause they hardly make sense by themselves and only Fate universe fan boys really get what the whole big picture of the plot is about. Second this anime until now had nothing great about it except the cool looking spirits they get to fight and coll powers being shown. Characters are hardly appealing and the plot is again just one fight after the other.

All of you fanboys forget that some people simply watch it as another anime they watch and not like "OMG THE FATE UNIVERSE!!!!!"
How about putting away your obsession glasses that make you talk 5 to 10 pages each episode about what elements you saw from the fate universe, and what is coming etc and basically anything but the episode itself and try to see how it stuck ups as simply an anime with two little girls and two silly ojousamas?

Is your little rant over?
What is your problem?That we like the universe or that we know precisely the reasons(that have nothing to do with the quality of the story and existed since it was announced)why many dont watch this?

And because it isnt a just an anime with two little girls and two silly ojousamas we will talk about it for dozens of pages because it is part of the TM universe that we love so much.If you arent into TM universe that is your problem.
ssjokgAug 29, 2013 4:42 AM
Aug 29, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
Monad said:

Arlia said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

Is your little rant over?
What is your problem?That we like the universe or that we know precisely the reasons(that have nothing to do with the quality of the story and existed since it was announced)why many dont watch this?

And because it isnt a just an anime with two little girls and two silly ojousamas we will talk about it for dozens of pages because it is part of the TM universe that we love so much.If you arent into TM universe that is your problem.

I have no problem being into TM universe or whatever. I'm simply saying that you guys are completely out of reality since you decide to judge something based on your knowledge of it in other mediums. Sorry but is stupid for an anime to get scored based not on what it is but on a novel or a game. Cause what makes you feel great is the knowledge you have from those not because of the anime itself.
You like those SAO idiots who started rating the show 10 and making reviews about how great it "would" be before the first episode even appeared. You are the same, it doesn't matter how the show is as a story by itself you guys would call it best ever if it shows you a few nice actions scenes simply cause you are into the whole universe thing.
An anime is an anime and it should be evaluated on what it is, if it's based on a great book, game, universe or whatever then go grade those instead of giving the anime their grade and wondering why other people can't see how is the best thing.
Other people can't see because they shouldn't be obliged to get into a whole different media universe to watch an anime and by itself is not that good. So other people evaluate it for what it is unlike you guys.
Aug 29, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
All the reasons I stated above have nothing to do with the story quality.

If someone isnt willing to watch it or hates it because Saber isnt a main and/or in a sane state or because it simply is from Type Moon,I and everyone else will just laugh at them.
Those reasons have nothing to do with the quality of the story even though it is your typical mahou shoujo setting.

Some other guy was bitching about yuri in this series.About Yuri,(friendship and comedy scenes) in a mahou shoujo series.

Point is,as part of that universe this series is great.As a stand alone it is more than average.And if you havent seen any criticism about it yet then you arent really looking around enough.
For starters the art(by far the worse part for me),how comedy is toned down,animation at times,voice acting(high pitched),cut/alteration of content.
TM knowledge is just an extra and yes it raises the score for other much for other a little.But that is the fans' problem.
Aug 30, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2012
I am Luviachan's saru.

Wow, unpredictable FINALLY, a nice ep.
But, still crappy drawing and coloring.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 30, 2013 9:38 AM

Oct 2007
I'm starting to get into the Fate/Universe, but as a straight up fight that was good but I can't even begin to fathom calling it great. Maybe I'm just not that easily impressed, maybe I'm not super hardcore into Type/Moon that any fight with it's cast in it is automatically legend tier, maybe I'm not that into dark magical girl stuff or whatever, but I didn't even consider that as great as some of the fight sequences in Railgun S this season.

It's the highlight of a really mediocre show for sure, but like....eh, maybe it's the squishy low detail character designs but that sequence only had me mildly excited for the most part. I don't think it's supposed to be possible to pull Excalibur from nowhere to win a fight either even with Archer abilities since even he's not supposed to be capable of such a feat as recreating a top tier divine weapon like that.

Definitely the most interesting this magical girl spin off was going, but it can still be much better and from the sounds of it the next episode is a huge drop off from this.
Aug 30, 2013 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'm starting to get into the Fate/Universe, but as a straight up fight that was good but I can't even begin to fathom calling it great. Maybe I'm just not that easily impressed, maybe I'm not super hardcore into Type/Moon that any fight with it's cast in it is automatically legend tier, maybe I'm not that into dark magical girl stuff or whatever, but I didn't even consider that as great as some of the fight sequences in Railgun S this season.

It's the highlight of a really mediocre show for sure, but like....eh, maybe it's the squishy low detail character designs but that sequence only had me mildly excited for the most part. I don't think it's supposed to be possible to pull Excalibur from nowhere to win a fight either even with Archer abilities since even he's not supposed to be capable of such a feat as recreating a top tier divine weapon like that.

Definitely the most interesting this magical girl spin off was going, but it can still be much better and from the sounds of it the next episode is a huge drop off from this.
Shirou was able to do it.And Ilya unlike him has nearly infinite mana.
Aug 30, 2013 10:01 AM

Oct 2007
ssjokg said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Hmm okay I honestly don't know maybe it's possible, I've only just started getting into the Type/Moon universe recently, I like a lot of the character conflicts and the mechanics and philosophies of how each work out their goals and match-ups, whereas I just kind of see this as a goofy magical girl spin off where anything goes so it doesn't matter that much to me and I don't want to get into some huge overly long argument with Type/Moon hard cores right now cause I'm by no means that hardcore. To me this series has been the weakest of the ones I've seen to date (Though having no memory whatsoever of Tsukihime that could very well be tied with it as all I recall was being extremely bored by it when our anime club in university watched it back in 2004) and while this was an interesting fight I'm just not that wowed by it which was mostly what I came here to say.

One good scene just can't really make up for what has so far been a pretty lackluster comedy version of the franchise either so in the end the episode got a 3/5 from me. Just not sure why people are practically jizzing themselves over this fight (even though I'm into the whole moegar thing somewhat myself) after seeing it that it's apparently hyped up as The Best Fight Scene Evar (TM) so I guess it's just that it happens to be Type/Moon characters. At least I didn't totally waste my time by watching this episode though as it wasn't a bad one at least. From the mutterings of people that seem to have read the source it this is the absolute highlight of this particular entry so that really doesn't bode well either. I'd hate to have picked this up again only to drop it a few weeks later, but I have a hunch that's how it's going to play out.
PeacingOutAug 30, 2013 10:11 AM
Aug 30, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ssjokg said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Hmm okay I honestly don't know maybe it's possible, I've only just started getting into the Type/Moon universe recently, I like a lot of the character conflicts and the mechanics and philosophies of how each work out their goals and match-ups, whereas I just kind of see this as a goofy magical girl spin off where anything goes so it doesn't matter that much to me and I don't want to get into some huge overly long argument with Type/Moon hard cores right now cause I'm by no means that hardcore. To me this series has been the weakest of the ones I've seen to date (Though having no memory whatsoever of Tsukihime that could very well be tied with it as all I recall was being extremely bored by it when our anime club in university watched it back in 2004) and while this was an interesting fight I'm just not that wowed by it which was mostly what I came here to say.

One good scene just can't really make up for what has so far been a pretty lackluster comedy version of the franchise either so in the end the episode got a 3/5 from me. Just not sure why people are practically jizzing themselves over this fight after seeing it that it's apparently hyped up as The Best Fight Scene Evar (TM) so I guess it's just that it happens to be Type/Moon characters. At least I didn't totally waste my time by watching this episode though as it wasn't a bad one at least.

You were bored while watching Tsukihime?How is that even possible?

Well it IS hard to like chars of a series that you didnt enjoy at all(FSN and UBW movie).
What makes this series(manga or anime) good to us TM fans is that it does depend on knowing the chars and how lucky or unlucky their are compared to their FSN/FZ counterparts,seeing the irony in their actions and beliefs etc etc.
Something that wasnt possible in Fate/Extra that supposedly had FSN chars in it.It could have been more interesting if the new ones were nicely developed but I guess making a game with that kind of gameplay made it difficult.

I dont agree with it being the best fight ever (especially in TM universe) too but lets not go there.You dont want a hardcore TM fans vs TM hardcore fans war about fights.
ssjokgAug 30, 2013 10:16 AM
Aug 30, 2013 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
ssjokg said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ssjokg said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

One good scene just can't really make up for what has so far been a pretty lackluster comedy version of the franchise either so in the end the episode got a 3/5 from me. Just not sure why people are practically jizzing themselves over this fight after seeing it that it's apparently hyped up as The Best Fight Scene Evar (TM) so I guess it's just that it happens to be Type/Moon characters. At least I didn't totally waste my time by watching this episode though as it wasn't a bad one at least.

You were bored while watching Tsukihime?How is that even possible?

Like I said, it was a pretty long time ago and I barely have any memory of it, usually I'd be late to the episode by a couple of minutes cause I was just getting out of lecture when it started and had to scramble my way across campus to the hall where it was being shown. I just remember lots of really dark (as in lighting) scenes, being extremely confused by what the characters were talking about (I had no knowledge of the Nasuverse at the time keeping in mind this was 2004) and didn't find it particularly compelling. I've heard that a lot of Type/Moon fans disregard it's existence as well, but not sure what that's about. I mostly just remember it as that artsy dark lighting show that came on before we got to watch Hunter x Hunter (1999) which was the main draw for most people in the club.

Well it IS hard to like chars of a series that you didnt enjoy at all(FSN and UBW movie).
What makes this series(manga or anime) good to us TM fans is that it does depend on knowing the chars and how lucky or unlucky their are compared to their FSN/FZ counterparts,seeing the irony in their actions and beliefs etc etc.
Something that wasnt possible in Fate/Extra that supposedly had FSN chars in it.It could have been more interesting if the new ones were nicely developed but I guess making a game with that kind of gameplay made it difficult.

I do like the characters, although not so much the way they are portrayed here. I found a lot of the characters philosophies and how they conflict very interesting in what I saw of Fate/Zero, Stay Night and Garden of Sinners. Everyone is pretty gar (favorite gar dudes are Archer, Rider/Zero, Both Lancers, True Assassin and Souichirou Kozuki) on some level typically which is great, and almost every girl is an ojou-sama type (favorites are Rin, Irisviel, Saber, Shiki Ryougi, Fujino Asagami, Azuka Kokuto, Akiha Tohno and I have a feeling I'd enjoy Aozaki Aoko and Alice Kuonji as well) which may very well be my only moe point/weakness so it's able to work on that level as well. Just here it's a little too drastically different from what drew me to the Nasuverse to work. This feels more like a Nanoha spinoff than something from the Fate franchise to me basically and I kind of lost interest in Nanoha around the time of StrikerS.

I dont agree with it being the best fight ever (especially in TM universe) too but lets not go there.You dont want a hardcore TM fans vs TM hardcore fans war about fights.

I'm worried it might already be too late, but since I'm not a hardcore and admit that I'm an entry level fan of the content of the Nasuverse at best the worst I can see them doing to me is fanboying at me over it.
PeacingOutAug 30, 2013 10:32 AM
Aug 30, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
My first line was pure sarcasm.I didnt need any serious explanation.
Even if you are a die hard fan you would have trouble understanding what is going on.Both in the series and in the animation staff's mind.Tsukihime anime easily took a vampire/demon story about a boy that is in danger of going crazy(or actually going crazy depending on the route) and turned it into something that makes Twilight entertaining.

Kinda hard to believe that you liked Ilya and Rin of FSN,hell I will add the Servants, based on the score you gave to the FSN adaptations.Well just my opinion on how they were portrayed in the adaptations(and the series in general).

Well....
http://myanimelist.net/manga/20548/Fate/Stay_Night_x_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha
And Magical girls were part of Nasuverse before FZ was even written.Basically anything you see being made by TM is part of the universe except Canaan.

THere are basically two active TM fanboys in Fate/ threads.One is me.And I am more of a target than you are.So relax.
ssjokgAug 30, 2013 10:49 AM
Aug 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2007
ssjokg said:
Even if you are a die hard fan you would have trouble understanding what is going on.Both in the series and in the animation staff's mind.Tsukihime anime easily took a vampire/demon story about a boy that is in danger of going crazy(or actually going crazy depending on the route) and turned it into something that makes Twilight entertaining.

Kinda hard to believe that you liked Ilya and Rin of FSN,hell I will add the Servants, based on the score you gave to the FSN adaptations.Well just my opinion on how they were portrayed in the adaptations(and the series in general).

Well....
http://myanimelist.net/manga/20548/Fate/Stay_Night_x_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha
And Magical girls were part of Nasuverse before FZ was even written.Basically anything you see being made by TM is part of the universe except Canaan.

THere are basically two active TM fanboys in Fate/ threads.One is me.And I am more of a target than you are.So relax.

No Irisviel not Ilyasviel. As for the active Type/Moon fanboys, I think I've figured out who the other one is by now just going back and through. As for the fate adaptation it was actually going fairly well up until the second half with an average of like 7 or 8/10 then plummeted from the Caster fight onward as it seemed to start breaking it's own established rules during fight scenes, the budget tanked and the story just became convoluted and confusing beyond salvaging. I get the impression that it was really rushed towards the second half as characters would just kind of pop in, be dispensed with and events would transpire with little to know context as to wtf was going on such that I remember making the observation to a friend I was watching with that the puddle of ooze pouring out of the grail represented what the adaptation had turned into.

Most of what I liked about the characters was established in the first half of the franchise basically and what I've read up on them. I plan to play some of the games some day so maybe I'll be able to confirm for sure their qualities and shortcomings then.
Aug 30, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
ssjokg said:

Well....

No Irisviel not Ilyasviel. As for the active Type/Moon fanboys, I think I've figured out who the other one is by now just going back and through. As for the fate adaptation it was actually going fairly well up until the second half with an average of like 7 or 8/10 then plummeted from the Caster fight onward as it seemed to start breaking it's own established rules during fight scenes, the budget tanked and the story just became convoluted and confusing beyond salvaging. I get the impression that it was really rushed towards the second half as characters would just kind of pop in, be dispensed with and events would transpire with little to know context as to wtf was going on such that I remember making the observation to a friend I was watching with that the puddle of ooze pouring out of the grail represented what the adaptation had turned into.

Most of what I liked about the characters was established in the first half of the franchise basically and what I've read up on them. I plan to play some of the games some day so maybe I'll be able to confirm for sure their qualities and shortcomings then.

Well this is a series about Ilya so I am talking about her.Iri's background matters too but not for now.
You have no idea how many rules were broken and not just in the fights.They could probably work out the second part just fine if they had animated Caster's story in Fate route as it was without adding shit everywhere.That is Caster appears in the house,they fight her dragon teeth soldiers and Gil kills her in the end.No Kuzuki,no Assassin,and no latex Sakura for no fucking reason.
Aug 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
Not just except canaan.

DDD also does not technically belong since Nasu said he does not "know" whether it does and since the supernatural races covered in it never appeared in nasuverse works. Girl's Work might also fall into that category.

Otherwise everything Type Moon published, including every bad end of every VN, is canon.

As for FSN - they broke the rules since the very first second where they had saber and gil fight equally in a flashback. If you are up against Gil, unless you are certain boy made of swords or
, you are fucked.

If F/0 and FSN VN was not enough to convince people of how OP the dude is, Fate/Extra does a great job at that, considering he

Also loled at how EA and excaliblast clash barely scratched the surface of the street, considering one can split the atmosphere and other can literally split space/time. Oh DEEN.

Also what is this tsukihime anime you are talking about? Are they finally adapting tsukihime? :3

AS for ARcher:

Two thirds of Excalibur is made of dreams of humanity, so those with eye of the mind, can comprehend it partially. However its still a high concept weapon that requires extreme output, so its suicidal to trace for Shirou and suciidal to attack with for Archer. Illya on other hand is
, so she does not have those problems.
AhenshihaelAug 30, 2013 12:54 PM
Aug 30, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
DDD is doing worse than FHA at being translated so I havent even checked the only translated chapter and the last time I heard news about Girls Work was sometime before FZ's adaptation announcement.What I know for sure is that Canaan is 100% unrelated to Nasuverse.Unless if someone comes out and say that 428: In a Blockaded Shibuya is part of the Nasuverse.

As for FSN anime.Story wise,without prior any knowledge, everything started being REALLY messed up after Berserker's defeat/Caster's appearance. Nobody watching FSN for the first time would even guess that Gil is so OP even if he completes both FSN anime so they wouldnt care.
Aug 30, 2013 2:19 PM

Jul 2007
i'd say its as early as archer's fight.

FSN anime is...weird case...

You NEED to have read the VN to understand what the fuck they are doing, BUT if you have read the VN you will be too pissed off at what the fuck they are doing.
Aug 31, 2013 3:22 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:

You NEED to have read the VN to understand what the fuck they are doing, BUT if you have read the VN you will be too pissed off at what the fuck they are doing.
If you mean how the fight was I dont see why it is weird.

They could literally come up with anything they wanted for that scene since we never had any confirmation of what happened except that Archer did use K&B Overedge.(according to Nasu,not the anime).And since we never got(at least I dont remember it )how God Hand works in the anime,they could have even used Rider's nails to injure him and non VN readers wouldnt find it weird.Using UBW actually made the scene even cooler.Something the adaptation really needed.
Aug 31, 2013 3:44 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

If you mean how the fight was I dont see why it is weird.

They could literally come up with anything they wanted for that scene since we never had any confirmation of what happened except that Archer did use K&B Overedge.(according to Nasu,not the anime).And since we never got(at least I dont remember it )how God Hand works in the anime,they could have even used Rider's nails to injure him and non VN readers wouldnt find it weird.Using UBW actually made the scene even cooler.Something the adaptation really needed.

I meant right after the fight ended(even though the fight itself had some of those problems, as a generic viewer would have no idea on why Archer is quoting poetry now). THe fight itself was one of highlights of otherwise very bad show. But why archer could and what happened right after (the pendant) is something that a casual viewer would have no idea on wtf happened.
Sep 2, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
wow that was truly amazing,
thats dat homunculus blood in Illya,

hahaha,
soon as that lock broke and Kanshou and Bakuya was pulled out out.

i started fan girling out the ass.
and that de javu when she was talking to herself reminding me of Archer so much.
Sep 6, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2008
Ah, finally a good episode to an otherwise average series. A bit odd that she could transform to Archer without Ruby. Perhaps they'll explain that in future episodes, or maybe it's just the benefit of being a homunculus.

Also, having Himura Kiseki do the ending card was a lovely and totally appropriate bonus! A female Archer definitely brought back a lot of Sword Dancers memories (an old FSN doujinshi).
KatSep 10, 2013 1:26 AM
Sep 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Feb 2013
Lots of loli butt angles in this episode of Fate/Loli.

This episode has made me glad I picked this back up. Illya-archer was awsome!
Sep 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Oct 2012
Wow great episode, Illya is made to be in that Archer costume fu*k yeah she was so hawt like that.
As always Saber is broken, i mean , resisting to these furious attack by both Rin and Luvia is something but Illya is there so no worries XD
Sep 9, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
(Please excuse this word) awesome!! I would have never expected so much more awesomeness in this anime... IT WAS EPIC... then again I shouldn't have been so surprised... after all it's a Fate adaption by those who made Fate/Stay and Fate/Zero.
Just look at that, archer and his trace ability. AND not only that but to trace the excalibur too? Just so EPIC. Reminds me of why Fate is one of my top favorite anime. Just a bit sad that Saber is down already, because now I wonder what can be more epic than Saber.

And I already figured it out that she wont remember anything before it was narated.
I'm telling you she will become a fine magic girl just look at the art in the end:

Fai said:
DAT EXCALIBUR(only fitting considering the location :P)
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY
DAT sword of promised victory-alter ost organ version.
DAT FUCKING FORESHADOWING
DAT EMIYA OST ILLYA REMIX
DAT RHO AIAS

EAT YOUR WORDS HATERRRRRRRRS. (although it is depressing that Prisma gets to do justice to EMIYA themesong and build-up first before we get a proper FSN version of it)

I dare you to tell you this is not part of fate franchise. I double dare you. This is more in line with fate franchise than DEEN's fsn ever was.

Overall this episode is nice taste of things to come in Zwei and Drei :P

9000/5

Hell yeah epic animation quality AND YES I too see this, starting from this episode as part of Fate franchise. It was as epic as any episode of Fate :D

ssjokg said:

I just noticed but in the end card Ilya is standing back to back with Archer.*fangasms*
Thanks for noticing it, made me *fangasms* too, wouldn't have if I wouldn't have seen your comment :)
MadnessKreep said:
Wow great episode, Illya is made to be in that Archer costume fu*k yeah she was so hawt like that.
As always Saber is broken, i mean , resisting to these furious attack by both Rin and Luvia is something but Illya is there so no worries XD

❤❤❤She is indeed awesome in that Archer look❤❤❤ Totally made me love this series too. Though I would have loved it anyways considering it's part of Fate :D.
Sep 10, 2013 4:43 AM

Aug 2009
Fate/Kaleid( anime and manga) isnt made by the same people that made FZ and FSN.
Sep 11, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
Fate/Kaleid( anime and manga) isnt made by the same people that made FZ and FSN.

Thanks for saying it, I didn't research it. But even so I think it is part of the franchise by now. Or at-least for many anime viewers.
Sep 11, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
ao_no_exo said:
ssjokg said:

Thanks for saying it, I didn't research it. But even so I think it is part of the franchise by now. Or at-least for many anime viewers.
It is part of the franchise.It just inst made by them.
Sep 18, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
ao_no_exo said:
ssjokg said:

It is part of the franchise.It just inst made by them.
;)
Sep 30, 2013 5:43 PM
Mar 2010
Wow that was amazing. I thought the fights were well done up to this point but this seriously just blew me away.
The OST was just epic with some great remixes in there.
Oct 10, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2011
Fucking jawdropped!

Oh my fucking god! I wonder if Ufotable will able to pull that awesomesauce action or surely better on the F/SN remake.

I must get that fucking new remix of Emiya! >O

Oct 14, 2013 11:31 PM

Oct 2012
This is wow... just wow!!
Ekusukalibaaaaaaa!!!
Animation quality is ovaaaaa 9000!!

Ilya should use UBW with that incantation xD

Arlia said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

Aw, How can someone hate Ilya? :(
Then all mahou shoujo series are ripoff from CCS/Nanoha?
Well, Saber umm... I forgot, but isn't Alter-Saber is from Arthur Saber?
"Signature removed"
Oct 29, 2013 12:25 AM

Apr 2011
THAT ... WAS ... FUCKING ... AWESOME!!! I'm almost literally speechless. I had NO idea that Ilya was about to transform into Archer in all his F/SN glory. I was kinda hoping for Ilya to start chanting "I am the bone of my sword ..." and shift into the reality marble of UBW. I'm not going to complain about the dual EXU-CALIBAAAAs tho, that was a hell of a way to wrap up the battle. No way in HELL Ilya doesn't get the Saber card, she earned the HELL outta it.

This series is so fucking awesome ... I love the mix of comedy, loli fanservice and ungodly epic action. It's what Fate/Zero would be if it wasn't being all depressing and dark and, well, Fate/Zero :P

I was looking out for the series for awhile but my main fansub sites weren't carrying it, and I must have missed it in my Attack on Titan obsession. In most years this series would qualify for Best Anime of the Year ... even going up against AoT and all the good shows this season, it's looking like it'll make Top 3 at least. Can't wait for the second season!

5/5
Oct 29, 2013 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
Blind_Guardian said:

I was looking out for the series for awhile but my main fansub sites weren't carrying it, and I must have missed it in my Attack on Titan obsession. In most years this series would qualify for Best Anime of the Year ... even going up against AoT and all the good shows this season, it's looking like it'll make Top 3 at least. Can't wait for the second season!

5/5

For anything Fate/ related watch from UTW.
Nov 4, 2013 10:03 PM

Mar 2013
Never thought Archer is that strong !
Splendid battle. I am entertained !
Nov 4, 2013 10:05 PM

Aug 2009
NegacionVII said:
Never thought Archer is that strong !
Splendid battle. I am entertained !

"This isnt even his final form"
Nov 12, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Wow this was such a badass episode. Incredibly entertaining for a spin-off. Dat Emiya BGM remix!!

Illya's outfit was also really fitting.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
Saber Alter is really very strong...but i bet that noone expected that "Archer Illya" to come :D
That was a great fight,really amazed by the powers of both.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 26, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
If she became Archer than how the hell did she get Excalibur? First she got twin sabres which doesnt make sense... but Excalibur makes even less sense..... WTF!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?
May 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
Mjolnersson said:
If she became Archer than how the hell did she get Excalibur? First she got twin sabres which doesnt make sense... but Excalibur makes even less sense..... WTF!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

I see that you dont really know about FSN and/or FSN Archer...
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.