Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 12:19 AM

Jan 2011
FlareKnight said:
IZEROII said:
The fight was awesome.

Call me a Saber fanboy...whatever...idc.

That was some bullshit dues ex machina right there. Ilya mimics a freaking heroic spirit...really? I don't buy the von Einzbern blood/mana pool pulling that off. Guess this new ability is the answer to that question. This mimic Archer has some crazy circuits to be tracing Excalibur and pulling off the phantasm with greater power than Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant. Take this particular opponent away and I still feel this was some bs.

Awesome to watch the fight and unless I'm missing something that might make this probable knowing von Einzbern...so much bs.

Seems like an overreaction to me. We've already seen them use those cards to mimic a freaking heroic spirits hougu. We see this cards actually creating these heroic spirits that the girls have been fighting. So really how much is it a stretch that Ilya used the card and can mimic skills and abilities then? Obviously her background wouldn't explain being able to do all that alone. Whatever that lock being released was it only granted her a lot of power, she still needed something to use it with.

Let's just wait for explanations from the series before running around calling bs/dues ex machina. Mysteries aren't bs just because they aren't explained the moment you see something happen.

Eh maybe so. That explanation should be good stuff. Oh and Brigandi...yaa I tried to save myself by saying arguably but...in truth...it's not legit.
IZEROIIAug 18, 2013 12:31 AM
Aug 18, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
IZEROII said:
The fight was awesome.

That was some bullshit dues ex machina right there. Ilya mimics a freaking heroic spirit...really? I don't buy the von Einzbern blood/mana pool pulling that off. Guess this new ability is the answer to that question. This mimic Archer has some crazy circuits to be tracing Excalibur and pulling off the phantasm with greater power than Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant. Take this particular opponent away and I still feel this was some bs.

Awesome to watch the fight and unless I'm missing something that might make this probable knowing von Einzbern...so much bs.
Saber fanboy.
A mind broken Shirou was able to heavily injure Saber Alter only with Kanshou & Byakuya but an infinite mana Archer wouldnt be able to defeat her?
Brigandi said:
IZEROII said:
Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant.

Then why say it in the first place?

The only DEM here is that she used Install.
Aug 18, 2013 1:20 AM
Nov 2010
....I was wondering why the first half of the fight with the way the waves were moving and such didn't seem in line with the quality of the rest of the earlier fights with caster and archer. But then the second half of the episode happened and I was blown away.

I got goosebumps...was freaking crazy.
Aug 18, 2013 2:01 AM
Aug 2012
But on a serious note, where the hell did Ilya get all that Mana from? Is she still a Homunculus in Kaleid Liner? Resulting her to have an infinite amount of Mana?

I thought her family weren't mages.
Aug 18, 2013 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
IZEROII said:
The fight was awesome.

Near-death shirou with completely messed up circuits and foreign interference in his magic systems, manages to stab Alter near to death. Why shouldn't someone who has unlimited mana, especially considering excaliblast is a glorified mana cannon.

Rin with her crazy amount of hight-quality magic circuits and big prana capacity is capable of hurting/killing a servant(she still has no speed or defense for it, though, even with reinforcement) , so why shouldn't Illya who has about a gazillion times more circuits and UNLIMITED mana capacity.

Also LOLSTRONGESTSERVANT.

mootjuh said:
But on a serious note, where the hell did Ilya get all that Mana from? Is she still a Homunculus in Kaleid Liner? Resulting her to have an infinite amount of Mana?

I thought her family weren't mages.

She's still part of the same family, its still nasuverse. Just because her life has taken different turn, does not mean that her whole existence did.
AhenshihaelAug 18, 2013 4:11 AM
Aug 18, 2013 5:53 AM

Jul 2010
did anyone else noticed how much the battle sequence here differs to the one shown in the web stream last week? its more COMPLETE and the Excalibur Charge is also changed

anyway, its worth mentioning :)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Aug 18, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
This episode? i'm speechless...

Aug 18, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
IZEROII said:
Oh and Brigandi...yaa I tried to save myself by saying arguably but...in truth...it's not legit.

well you weren't clear
if you typed "One of the strongest" instead of "Most strongest" then i would've left that alone.
the words "most strongest" didn't send a good message in my head, especially in 2am.
Aug 18, 2013 9:12 AM

May 2013
Orzi said:
unnecessary fanservice in Illya's costume (did EMIYA has exposed belly?).

Not enough fanservice, I wanted her belly to have some abs >_<
Aug 18, 2013 9:18 AM

Jan 2008
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

We did all see that already... meeh
Aug 18, 2013 9:29 AM

Dec 2007
DAT bad end route copy fight. :O
Aug 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
mangamuscle said:
Orzi said:
unnecessary fanservice in Illya's costume (did EMIYA has exposed belly?).

Not enough fanservice, I wanted her belly to have some abs >_<

Yes EMIYA did have exposed belly,exposed chest,exposed biceps depending on the costume.Leather jacket costume.There is even a glasses version and a swimsuit.Ilya's fanservice level is still lower than his...
examples:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?
Day2Dream said:
I wish it was even more accurate.
ssjokgAug 18, 2013 9:40 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Day2Dream said:

Me too.

Now we just need Archer Illya vs Berserker using Nine Lives and I won't care if they animate Heavens Feel.
Aug 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?

Easy. When you have watched FSN.
Sure, not Archer vs Saber, but the fight style is pretty much the same. I mean COME ON - loli Archer (the real archer would cry) even copied Excalibur... Where did I see this happen?

Let me guess, the next end will be as always Gilgamesh? Would be not a surprise.
Aug 18, 2013 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
Day2Dream said:
ssjokg said:
Day2Dream said:

Me too.

Now we just need Archer Illya vs Berserker using Nine Lives and I won't care if they animate Heavens Feel.
1.You know that this is a lie
2.You will see Nine Lives in the future...many versions of it >_>

GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?

Sure, not Archer vs Saber, but the fight style is pretty much the same. I mean COME ON - loli Archer (the real archer would cry) even copied Excalibur... Where did I see this happen?

Let me guess, the next end will be as always Gilgamesh? Would be not a surprise.
The hell am I reading?
Of course the fighting style is the same.Thats Archer's fighting style.Did you complain when you saw Saber and/or Gil fighting in FSN or FZ(I dont know what you saw first)?
Archer CAN copy Excalibur,and Shirou did it himself.Ilya,a stronger version of Archer traced it.Where do you even see the problem?

How about trying to not be a smartass that keeps trying to guess what happens next when you dont even know what the FINAL BOSS is?
ssjokgAug 18, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?

The hell am I reading?
Of course the fighting style is the same.Thats Archer's fighting style.Did you complain when you saw Saber and/or Gil fighting in FSN or FZ(I dont know what you saw first)?
Archer CAN copy Excalibur,and Shirou did it himself.Ilya,a stronger version of Archer traced it.Where do you even see the problem?

How about trying to not be a smartass and keep guessing what happens next when you dont even know what the FINAL BOSS is?

My Problem? Well... the Anime itself. Instead of making FATE FUCKING PROTOTYPE THEY MAKE LOLI ANIME -_-

Those few minutes of Fate Prototype were cooler then this loli show here. And it's not even funny. All I can say I like the lights, good work Silver Link. Thats it.

Not original at all, just another bad mahou shojou Anime.

BTW: I did watched FSN first, years ago.

I can guess how much fuck I want :D
Aug 18, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?

The hell am I reading?

How about trying to not be a smartass and keep guessing what happens next when you dont even know what the FINAL BOSS is?

My Problem? Well... the Anime itself. Instead of making FATE FUCKING PROTOTYPE THEY MAKE LOLI ANIME -_-

Those few minutes of Fate Prototype were cooler then this loli show here. And it's not even funny. All I can say I like the lights, good work Silver Link. Thats it.

"Waaaahhh they didnt animate the story I wanted.Everything else sucks"

Why are you even watching then?You are the same as all those that were bitching about HF not getting an adaptation by ufotable when this was announced by Silver Link right?
And learn your shit.Prototype is still a draft.It was the FSN that was "thrown away".
To animate it they,Type Moon, must complete it first.

Type Moon always had lolis in it.You finding out NOW isnt the Silver Links problem or FAte/Kaleid's.
Forgetfulness said:
ILLYARCHER SDJFKEUOIRUWEIRHNNG. This episode was simply amazing.

Though, I have a few questions
1. Where are the wing versions of Kanshou and Bakuya from? I know they're in the F/SN anime, but I don't recall seeing them in the VN
2. Why does Dark Saber even exist? Dark Saber = Saber + Angra Mainyu, right? So where does Angra Mainyu come from?
3. Is Illya's Install skill unique to her? Does it have something to do with the chain and locket?

Well, please don't answer 2. and 3. if it's a spoiler for later on but tell me if it is.

1.Nasu liked them when he saw them in the FSN anime and made them canon in the Character Material books.
2.Well every Servant that appears here is in Alter form.The rest is spoiler from season 2.
3.It isnt a big spoiler
Aug 18, 2013 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
ssjokg said:

GREW said:
WOW IT WAS EPIC boring.

When exactly?

The hell am I reading?

"Waaaahhh they didnt animate the story I wanted.Everything else sucks"

Why are you even watching then?You are the same as all those that were bitching about HF not getting an adaptation by ufotable when this was announced by Silver Link right?
And learn your shit.Prototype is still a draft.It was the FSN that was "thrown away".
To animate it they,Type Moon, must complete it first.

Type Moon always had lolis in it.You finding out NOW isnt the Silver Links problem or FAte/Kaleid's.

You are silly :D
I have nothing against Silver Link, I actually pretty like them.

Why I watch it? because I have hopes it might get better, but so far nope. And to drop it for 4 episodes that are remaining... is silly too.
I pretty much know Fate/Prototye is like the name said, a draft, yet I wish they would do that because it would be cooler.

Yes, lolis must die :D
Aug 18, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
Your list is full of 8-9 in shows with lolis like C3 and freaking Dog days where NOTHING happens for two seasons and this is bad?....
Forgetfulness said:
Okay thanks. One more thing, is Trace: Over Edge something they made up for this series? Or does Shirou or Archer actually use it?

Wikia copy paste:
Fate/complete material II - Kanshou & Bakuya Overedge: A version of Kanshou & Bakuya used by Archer in the undescribed battle against Berserker in Fate route. Using reinforcement magecraft, the blades have been completely transformed into long swords.

"the first pair is thrown at the enemy with the purpose of being deflected, while the second is prepared for close range combat. While the enemy is off guard, he slashes with the second pair, and the thrown pair returns and hits the enemy from behind. Finally, the third pair is modified through reinforcement, called Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge , which makes them into longswords that are twice the size and covers the blade from the ridge to the edge with feather-like splinters, and he performs the final strike with them."
It is Archer's version of the attack Shirou used against Saber Alter.
Ilya,sadly, didnt use any of the two versions.
Aug 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Your list is full of 8-9 in shows with lolis like C3 and freaking Dog days where NOTHING happens for two seasons and this is bad?....

Ya know... who said I enjoy C3?

Also Dog Days is not Fate series.
I expect something different from a fate Series then from a series like Dog Days. But better lets end this discussion here. This Anime is for me crap and you not gonna change my opinion and I don't gonna change yours ^^
Aug 18, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
GREW said:
ssjokg said:

Ya know... who said I enjoy C3?

Also Dog Days is not Fate series.
I expect something different from a fate Series then from a series like Dog Days. But better lets end this discussion here. This Anime is for me crap and you not gonna change my opinion and I don't gonna change yours ^^

It is crap because it has lolis and the fighting styles of old chars arent changed....and it is mahou shoujo...what a surprise...I wouldnt even guess that.....

This crap has better chars and fights AND animation than FSN anime ever had....
Aug 18, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Little loli so badass.
I didn't toke this show seriously after I found out the main person was a little girl, but after this episode I'm glad I still watched it.
That was really good.
Aug 18, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2012
i have to wait for the BD version for the full wet tshirt scene?!
EKUSUCALIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
GREW said:
loli Archer (the real archer would cry) even copied Excalibur... Where did I see this happen?

i highly doubt that Archer would give a fuck or bitch if theres a loli vers of himself

GREW said:
Yes, lolis must die :D

you have lost the right to call yourself a man

GREW said:

the narrow mindedness is so painful

GREW said:
I can guess how much fuck I want :D

guessing would be pointless since there are people that read the Illya Prisma manga
Brigs77Aug 18, 2013 11:58 AM
Aug 18, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2007
Remember kids: just because a show might contain a magical girl, it does not automatically mean that its a mahou shoujo show.

Rin, Sakura and Saber were "magical" and certainly girls in FSN too.
Aug 18, 2013 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
But it is a mahou shoujo show.It has TM elements yes but it still a mahou shoujo show.

I dont think that they count as magical girls in any way in FSN.
Aug 18, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2011
So much loli prejudice it's annoying
Aug 18, 2013 6:29 PM

Feb 2011
I just can't stop watching that fight scene
Aug 19, 2013 12:48 AM

Aug 2008
Delicious loli navel, and wicked Archer-style action really gets you a hard-on. I watched the whole fighting sequence like 5 times I kid you not.

I think that that's the main weakness of Archer (FSN). A lack of prana. Give him a nearly unlimited supply, like IllyA THERE, and he will overwhelm just about anyone in the Naruverse with awesome attacks. Probably.

Counter Guardian Archer

must really be godly.

edit...
Oh yeah, while everything was epic, I found some small fun facts rather amusing. The Excalibur projection and activation scene incorporated some of the effects that were used on the Fate Zero anime. Add to that that Overedge was originally invented by the anime staff of the FSN.
GenixAug 19, 2013 12:54 AM
Aug 19, 2013 2:36 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far.

I like Illya new sexy outfit
Aug 19, 2013 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
Genix said:
Delicious loli navel, and wicked Archer-style action really gets you a hard-on. I watched the whole fighting sequence like 5 times I kid you not.

I think that that's the main weakness of Archer (FSN). A lack of prana. Give him a nearly unlimited supply, like IllyA THERE, and he will overwhelm just about anyone in the Naruverse with awesome attacks. Probably.

Counter Guardian Archer

must really be godly.

edit...
Oh yeah, while everything was epic, I found some small fun facts rather amusing. The Excalibur projection and activation scene incorporated some of the effects that were used on the Fate Zero anime. Add to that that Overedge was originally invented by the anime staff of the FSN.

Most of the Nasuverse characters.Just about everyone is a big exaggeration.Lets not turn this into a full Nasuverse powerlevel discussion.Just Fate/ is enough.

Counter Guardians get their mana from the world itself so yeah....To be exact they get as much as they need to fight their enemy but anyway...

Overedge is probably one of the few cool things that Deen's adaptation did.
Even Nasu made it canon...
Aug 19, 2013 3:35 AM

Apr 2007
Damn, that was amazing. I rarely post in episode discussions, but who would have thought I'd witness an episode of such quality from a series I essentially started because Miyu looked like the type of character I enjoy. I can't help but feel Silver Link just spent eight episodes worth of budget during the second half of this episode. Tell me it isn't so. Tell me this isn't that last I'll see of such quality from Silver Link. QQ

On another note, if Illya was able to maintain that look and demeanor on a constant basis, she would no doubt be on my favorite character list, and not the "meh" tier she currently resides in. However, this episode alone makes me think better of her. She looked rather...delicious in that getup.

Also, did I mention how cute the scene with Miyu carrying Illya home was? It really was.

I give this episode that magical 10/10 I rarely ever do. The first half may have had its issues, but the second half was a 100/10 and I can't rate the first half low enough to justify anything less than a 10/10.
KilluanAug 19, 2013 3:40 AM
Aug 19, 2013 12:09 PM

May 2011
Well holy crap that was just fucking beautiful. Illya looks terrific in that archer outfit as well, and goddamn she made that fight epic to watch. The great animation and awesome Fate bgm made everything even better.
Aug 19, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
Ilyaaa badaaass! And the fight too. So she really is Einzbern girl :)

And Emiya theme remixed was good (but original is original ^^)

(I am a little bit sorry for Saber though)
Mich666Aug 19, 2013 1:51 PM
Aug 19, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
Definitely the best episode of this anime BY FAR, up to the point of me raising my score from an 8 to a 9 from a single episode. Man that fight between Archer Illya and Saber Alter was badass!
Aug 19, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2011
One of the best animated fight scenes I've seen in a while. Good god I fucking love this franchise. ;_;
Aug 19, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2012
Illya's eyes are a message to Saber:

"Here I come, King of Knights! Do you have enough prana in stock?"
DonmaidesuAug 19, 2013 10:47 PM
Aug 20, 2013 2:27 AM

Nov 2010
That butt angle of Ilya when Rin and Luvia were beat up by Saber spirit! :P

When Ilya transformed I thought she turned into Gilgamesh with those scenes, but it was Archer from FSN and Saber combined
It certainly looked awesome and better action packed then the entire FSN season done by studio Deen, although the Art from it was solid even from todays standard

Can't help it, EXCALIBURRR appeared twice!

The preview announcement really went overboard
Aug 20, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
1lau said:
That butt angle of Ilya when Rin and Luvia were beat up by Saber spirit! :P

When Ilya transformed I thought she turned into Gilgamesh with those scenes, but it was Archer from FSN and Saber combined
It certainly looked awesome and better action packed then the entire FSN season done by studio Deen, although the Art from it was solid even from todays standard

Can't help it, EXCALIBURRR appeared twice!

The preview announcement really went overboard

MAybe I am not reading it right....
Aug 20, 2013 5:05 AM

Jul 2007
How can it be "archer and saber" combined when Archer ARLEADY is "everything he ever saw combined".
Aug 20, 2013 8:40 AM

Aug 2010
Intense episode. I read the manga but I don't remember it being this good. They really did a great job with the fight between Ilya(archer) and Dark saber. The ost was epic.

5/5
Aug 20, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2012
wow, just .... wow

never saw a loli fight this intense,

but..... *currently at a loss for words*
Aug 20, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was the best! INTENSE SHIZZZ I need to watch it AGAIN
Aug 20, 2013 10:31 PM
Aug 2012
Freaking loved this episode, haven't seen such an intense fight or such a great fight in a long time now, Archer Ilya <333, too bad ass and once again, I can see EXXCALIIIBUUUR!!!
Aug 21, 2013 4:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That, was pretty fucking awesome.

Now the possibilities are (almost) endless!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 21, 2013 9:12 PM

Aug 2011
Lmao Ilya is stronger than EMIYA and Shirou as an Archer and in skill.
Aug 21, 2013 10:15 PM

Aug 2011
Well it was her first time using it, I meant that she pulled out Excalibur and used it without like it was nothing, other than fainting at the end.
Aug 22, 2013 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
Very awesome, great battle overall.

I think this anime might be the most underrated anime this year.....both in terms of popularity and rating.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.