Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2013 10:59 AM
Jul 2012
In my opinion as huge fan of Fate Zero, and Fate Stay at Night.

Illya Archer is corrupter version of Emya Archer.
Emya Archer always is better than Illya Archer If we remove grall power.
Aug 15, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
waszak said:
In my opinion as huge fan of Fate Zero, and Fate Stay at Night.

Illya Archer is corrupter version of Emya Archer.
Emya Archer always is better than Illya Archer If we remove grall power.

How?
Archer Alter(and some Lancer) is this

Yes EMIYA is the best Heroic Spirit if God Hand is reduced to 6,Ea doesnt exist and Gil is 100% derped,Saber has always Shirou-based stats,Iskandar doesnt have his Reality Marble,Medusa doesnt have her eyes etc etc....Hell he is the strongest in Nasuverse if everybody else lacks something.I hope you get what I mean with all that.

Well Ilya Archer is a "corrupter" I will give you that.And this isnt even her final form....
ssjokgAug 15, 2013 11:56 AM
Aug 15, 2013 2:10 PM

Feb 2010
i think... no one get my joke, lol.
Aug 15, 2013 2:21 PM

Aug 2009
JoaoZangetsu said:
i think... no one get my joke, lol.
We did.But why just leave it at that?
Aug 16, 2013 12:39 PM
Jul 2013
Looking at this masterpiece of fighting choreography I can only get wet dreams about the (low) chances of Sparks Liner High getting animated by Ufotable in the near future. It would be the same fight only more extreme and intense.
Aug 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2009
Noticed that the HD version of this episode fixed some parts in the Archer Illya vs Saber Alter battle.
Aug 16, 2013 2:27 PM

Jul 2007
I'm going into FANBOY mode just saying that the rest of the post is gonna be kinda stupid but i just can't hold it anymore :3

Aug 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
I liked how this anime was going, but after shit got real, it'd be nice if it stayed serious to the end.
Aug 16, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2013
...Didn't expect this at all. That archer outfit was the cutest thing ever. Illya is more GAR then Shirou can ever hope to be. I kinda wished she pulled out a UBW (maybe later in the series?) but it was still amazing without it. So that's Rider, Saber, Archer and Lancer? I can't wait for Beserker and I wonder if
is in this series even though the Archer slot is already being used. I'm sorry Morgiana but Archer Illya might become my new forum avatar. In such a fanboy mode right now.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 16, 2013 4:35 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man I knew the preview I would get something like Archer, but oh man that was amazing. It's really sad this isn't getting the recognition it deserves this show has shown time and time again they can deliver all on all fronts.
Aug 16, 2013 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
This show just keeps on getting better as it goes on, one of my favorite fights in an anime so far, it looked gorgeously animated and the swordplay wasn't to bad either :)
Aug 16, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2007
Okay so the tv-broadcast version is even MORE epic and even better animated. Most of stock footage is gone and all animation errors with it. .

So it seems they will end the next episode with
Aug 16, 2013 5:35 PM

Jul 2009
k dont really care that was an ass pull cause i always wanted a legit saber vs emiya fight. this is pretty close.
Aug 16, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2009
Kurogashi said:
k dont really care that was an ass pull cause i always wanted a legit saber vs emiya fight. this is pretty close.

I do wonder who would win that one.
Aug 16, 2013 5:56 PM
May 2008
Awesome episode, this anime quality completely exceed my expectation.

Just FYI, that end card is drawn by 比村乳業, the author of Fate doujinsi "Sword Dancers" A pretty awesome series and you get to see female archer fight male archer. Look it up guys! :D
Aug 16, 2013 5:59 PM

May 2011
OMG I CAME
Aug 16, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2007
Linkark07 said:
Kurogashi said:

do YOU REALLY need to ask that?

Shirou would burn out his circuits trying to trace anything that could stop her and crane wing would leave him a vegetable or dead, depending on in which parallel reality the whole thing took place.

Sparks Liner High bad end of HF already covered what would happen.

Same for Archer, even though he would last longer.

Kurogashi said:

"asspull" defines something that came out out of nowhere.
This was both foreshadowed and expected and makes sense considering backstories of characters.
Aug 16, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Kurogashi said:

This was both foreshadowed and expected and makes sense considering backstories of characters.

As someone who doesn't know much about backstories of characters from the Fate series, it felt pretty ass pull to me as well. I do hope they give an explanation later.

However, I would say I enjoyed the fight a lot more than the fights in Fate/Zero.
Aug 16, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
Fucking EPIC episode. And now I sense a tie in to the actual fate universe. Yes, I already sorta know how this ties into other fate stuff but I didn't really feel it until now.
Aug 16, 2013 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
Well, sucks to be those people who dropped this anime! They missed out on such a badass fight.

The music, the animation, the epicness... THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!! That was like watching a Fate/Zero fight, just O_O through the whole thing. I don't even care if they ever explain what happened to Illya there, just give me more of them fights!!!

Also, that endcard was pretty cool too.
Aug 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
Jeez show, I was only watching you due to my slavery to the Nasuverse, but this episode was fucking A+. Keep it up.
Aug 16, 2013 10:43 PM

Apr 2010
This fucking show is overflowing with epic.
I paused the video because my mind couldn't keep up with the awesome. I wound up with lovely delight in my face. I wish I had an HD version. I'd use it as my desktop background forever.

Aug 17, 2013 2:55 AM

Jun 2013
When I began watching this anime, I expected fanservice and moe. I certainly did not expect Illya pulling an Emiya. It was nice hearing the remixes of Sword of Promised Victory and Emiya.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 17, 2013 3:27 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Linkark07 said:
Kurogashi said:

do YOU REALLY need to ask that?

Shirou would burn out his circuits trying to trace anything that could stop her and crane wing would leave him a vegetable or dead, depending on in which parallel reality the whole thing took place.

Sparks Liner High bad end of HF already covered what would happen.

Same for Archer, even though he would last longer.

Kurogashi said:

Why would Archer burn out his circuits when the reason that Shirou had problems was because of
.In HF Shirou would burn out by tracing ANYTHING vs ANYTHING not just Kanshou & Byakuya vs Saber Alter.

Paul said:
Fai said:
Kurogashi said:

As someone who doesn't know much about backstories of characters from the Fate series, it felt pretty ass pull to me as well. I do hope they give an explanation later.

However, I would say I enjoyed the fight a lot more than the fights in Fate/Zero.

You have watched all animated FSN and FZ.You should have known about her being the holy grail and her role in the war,summoning and sustaining Berserker and also about onii-chan's powers...
Aug 17, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2009
Linkark07 said:
Noticed that the HD version of this episode fixed some parts in the Archer Illya vs Saber Alter battle.

Yes, it is better done but less nervous
bruh
Aug 17, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Why would Archer burn out his circuits when the reason that Shirou had problems was because of
.In HF Shirou would burn out by tracing ANYTHING vs ANYTHING not just Kanshou & Byakuya vs Saber Alter.

Because Archer still has same problems - namely that

Hence why he would fare better, but in the end would still be left with no prana.

The only way Archer achieves anything is if he has a constant infinite supply of prana, like
. Then he could technically keep raising ranks of his phantasms and trolling most of servants in this war by throwing excaliburs at them...well till

Since that's not the case,
Aug 17, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Because Archer still has same problems - namely that

Hence why he would fare better, but in the end would still be left with no prana.

The only way Archer achieves anything is if he has a constant infinite supply of prana, like
. Then he could technically keep raising ranks of his phantasms and trolling most of servants in this war by throwing excaliburs at them...well till

Since that's not the case,

Aug 17, 2013 7:28 AM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Paul said:
Fai said:
Kurogashi said:

You have watched all animated FSN and FZ.You should have known about her being the holy grail and her role in the war,summoning and sustaining Berserker and also about onii-chan's powers...

Oh, they're referring to that? I wasn't aware her being the Holy Grail and stuff allowed her to magically do things like transform into heroes because Irisviel surely didn't get any special abilities like that in Fate/Zero.

I don't remember her being any use in Fate/Stay Night aside from her heart being used in UBW. Which now that I think about it, I finally understand why they used hers, lmao.
Aug 17, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2009
Paul said:

Oh, they're referring to that? I wasn't aware her being the Holy Grail and stuff allowed her to magically do things like transform into heroes because Irisviel surely didn't get any special abilities like that in Fate/Zero.

I don't remember her being any use in Fate/Stay Night aside from her heart being used in UBW. Which now that I think about it, I finally understand why they used hers, lmao.
Except that Install is a new ability in Nasuverse( just like Include) and the way the cards are supposed to be used in this world
Aug 17, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

Except that Install is a new ability in Nasuverse( just like Include) and the way the cards are supposed to be used in this world

It might be new ability, but it functions in very similar way to hero summoning.

The shows did hint at

FSN adaptation might have done shittier job at it since hey, it was shitty adaptation by shitty company, but it still had that stuff.

VN on other hand alongside that ALSO had

F/0 on other hand explains grail mechanics , what grail does, etc. and that all Einzbern homunculi are vessels for it.
Aug 17, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

It might be new ability, but it functions in very similar way to hero summoning.

The shows did hint at

FSN adaptation might have done shittier job at it since hey, it was shitty adaptation by shitty company, but it still had that stuff.

VN on other hand alongside that ALSO had

F/0 on other hand explains grail mechanics , what grail does, etc. and that all Einzbern homunculi are vessels for it.

Well we still didnt see Install being use properly...
Ilya(in her FSN-like state) just skipped all the chant and used the Install function.We WILL see it properly but in this ep we only saw the magic circle(That I dont remember if it is the same as in the original ritual).
Aug 17, 2013 8:05 AM
Jun 2012

Dat EMIYA theme
Dat Rho Aias
Dem Kanshous & Byakuyas
Dat Excaliblast
10/10 episode
yomico6Aug 18, 2013 12:03 AM
Aug 17, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my god. Well, my rating for this anime suddenly shot up. I don't even know what else to say.
Aug 17, 2013 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:

Before you bitch about bad adaptions and spew spoilers to the heavens make you you have your information right.

1:

2: This power in prisma illya was not foreshadowed in the show at all. As this is a completely different Illya in a completely different universe any powers or history other Illya's have is irrelevant. Even if it was this would still be an asspull as she has never shown aptitude to pull this kind of thing off.
AidanAK47Aug 17, 2013 11:13 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 17, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2011
GIF

Aug 17, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2007
While I won't give attention to certain troll above, I will still laugh at the fact that someone failed to comprehend the meaning of multiverse, as well as very clear foreshadowing in the show.

neontaster said:
GIF

all of my yes in the world.
Aug 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing animation
Aug 17, 2013 12:35 PM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:

That's the point of the joke, no one wants "Shiki can kill x" anymore, lol.
Aug 17, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2007
JoaoZangetsu said:
ssjokg said:

That's the point of the joke, no one wants "Shiki can kill x" anymore, lol.

What one wants does not matter. Laws of universe dictate that every type m oon thread is power level discussion thread.
Aug 17, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Best episode so far. Trace on!
Aug 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
While I won't give attention to certain troll above

You just did. That sentence, right there just did.
Fai, the muiltiverse has nothing to do with this. You just keep throwing it out to debunk everyone who says one bad word about this show. You call the connections between this show and fate terminology foreshadowing but no, that is not foreshadowing. It's just same terminology used in a different setting. Cry muiltiverse all you want but this is completely different world and story from the fate one and should be judged by it's own merits.
You are a lost cause in every sense of the word. Always willing to argue but when someone points out the clear flaws in your argument you ignore them and call them trolls. Silly fool.
But good god it is annoying to see you in every goddamn fate post spouting out spoilers nobody asked for and misinforming people do to you misinterpretation of the source materiel. And stating it as fact.
Fine, believe in your misconceptions without fail but could you at least try to try to let people make their own judgements without throwing a fistful of spoilers their way? Even if they are incorrect spoilers.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 17, 2013 3:43 PM

May 2011
Archer Ilya-chan, whoo! Dat midriff.

And the ED preview was nice.
Aug 17, 2013 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
That was the best fighting sequence I've seen in a long while.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 17, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2012
omg omg omg
No matter how childish this series may have seemed up to this point, the fight pretty much as epic as the Fate series, wow that was so cool! Going to go re-watch it ^^

Aug 17, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2010
This may be one of my favorite episodes of anything, with one of the best action scenes I've ever seen. Truly fantastic work on this one.
Aug 17, 2013 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
Freaked out when I saw Archer's reality marble. Emiya playing in the background helped. That Archer card include Ilya was just awesome, just like UBW.
I'm glad I made the right choice to finish F/SN vn since I would have been very confused if I didn't.
Aug 17, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
The fight was awesome.

Call me a Saber fanboy...whatever...idc.

That was some bullshit dues ex machina right there. Ilya mimics a freaking heroic spirit...really? I don't buy the von Einzbern blood/mana pool pulling that off. Guess this new ability is the answer to that question. This mimic Archer has some crazy circuits to be tracing Excalibur and pulling off the phantasm with greater power than Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant. Take this particular opponent away and I still feel this was some bs.

Awesome to watch the fight and unless I'm missing something that might make this probable knowing von Einzbern...so much bs.
IZEROIIAug 17, 2013 11:55 PM
Aug 18, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
Holy....fucking.....shit.

This episode is GAR as Emiya.
I have always dreamed of Emiya fighting Saber in a real combat too bad it didn't happen(that fight in Ataraxia is lame anyway) but the fight in this episode gave me a huge boner.

I am the seal of my vessel
Grail is my body and berzerkar is my blood
I have died in thousands of routes
Unknown to good ends
Nor known to have a route
Having withstood apathy to create to have her own spinoff
Yet these hands will not hold oniichan
So as I pray, Unlimited Illya Works!
RedgraveGilverAug 18, 2013 12:13 AM
Aug 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
IZEROII said:
Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant.

Aug 18, 2013 12:07 AM

Mar 2008
IZEROII said:
The fight was awesome.

Call me a Saber fanboy...whatever...idc.

That was some bullshit dues ex machina right there. Ilya mimics a freaking heroic spirit...really? I don't buy the von Einzbern blood/mana pool pulling that off. Guess this new ability is the answer to that question. This mimic Archer has some crazy circuits to be tracing Excalibur and pulling off the phantasm with greater power than Alter Saber...which I find to be arguably the strongest servant. Take this particular opponent away and I still feel this was some bs.

Awesome to watch the fight and unless I'm missing something that might make this probable knowing von Einzbern...so much bs.

Seems like an overreaction to me. We've already seen them use those cards to mimic a freaking heroic spirits hougu. We see this cards actually creating these heroic spirits that the girls have been fighting. So really how much is it a stretch that Ilya used the card and can mimic skills and abilities then? Obviously her background wouldn't explain being able to do all that alone. Whatever that lock being released was it only granted her a lot of power, she still needed something to use it with.

Let's just wait for explanations from the series before running around calling bs/dues ex machina. Mysteries aren't bs just because they aren't explained the moment you see something happen.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.