Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2013 12:24 AM

Dec 2012
Mm idk because it would be really hard to match up with Tomoko's VA. I probably wouldn't like it, but that's usually because I tend to like whatever I hear first. That might be why I dislike Mirai Nikki's dub so much.
Sep 15, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2011
Please no, for sake of my waifu :3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 22, 2013 8:00 AM
Mar 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
Wendee Lee in her Konata voice.

She's the only English dub voice-actor I remember anyway.

lol i was thinking that too
Sep 24, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
warriorsftw said:
Mm idk because it would be really hard to match up with Tomoko's VA.

I can match Tomoko's social anxious voice ;)
Oct 11, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
I'd love to see who'd dub it since it's pretty in depth in terms of thinking for Tomoko. I'd probably never watch it though. English dub, I don't really need to see but it would be interesting who got cast.
Oct 20, 2013 3:43 PM
Oct 2013
I heard her dub voice on my demand anime.. Honestly! I loved it, liked it. Saw it to be fitting!

Of course. I'm not, entirely, like you core otakues. But, I enjoy (some if not most) dub.
Her voice, when I was about to watch it. I couldn't help but laugh! Hoping it was the dub! xD To me it was fitting!
Oct 20, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2009
Not saying I'm a dub hater, but since I've already watched it in its great English sub I have no interest in its dub.
Nov 1, 2013 10:59 PM

Oct 2012
Dubs are good for older people when their vision is failing. It takes an effort to
keep looking at the subtitles especially when they are done poorly. In addition,
dubs are not great for people with family distractions which make it difficult to
keep their eyes constantly on the screen. Finally, little kids need dubs. Beyond
that, even truly hardcore otakus should welcome dubs. Blu-ray/DVDs of dubs are
marketable. Therefore, the series will earn more money. Consequently, even more
anime series will be made, with broadened diversity, matching the taste of every
kind of otaku. So . . . dubs are good. Hooray for dubs. Frankly, I am strongly
hoping for a second season of Watamote to be made, based on the additional
chapters of the manga which were not used in the first season. The viability of this
may well hinge on the expected sales of English-dubbed Blu-ray/DVDs.
Nov 21, 2013 8:37 AM

Oct 2013
If watamote would get a dub i will... Actually bother to watch and episode of it.
Jan 12, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
I am watching the English dub, and Tomoko's voice sounds really creepy, but I like it, she sounds more humorous.
Jan 21, 2017 3:12 PM

Nov 2016
Starting to series , it's hard to see any positive comment about dubs but mostly they not disappoint me so after reading these comments still going with dub lets risk it.

edit:fnished no regrets , watched ova with subs i think dub version better.
EfhlorzeJan 22, 2017 6:17 PM
Mar 17, 2017 1:00 PM
Mar 2017
This thread must have been posted before Watamote received it's English dub.
I started watching Watamote earlier this week and began the series with the dub.
Two episodes in and so far I'm finding the voice acting to be better than the original.

Whenever I start an anime series I usually look to see if the dub's any good.
If it isn't, I just watch it subbed.
And so far with Watamote, I'm not at all disappointed.
The voices seem to fit perfectly with the characters, especially Tomoko.
Dec 16, 2017 3:57 PM
Dec 2017
Hello,

Did you know the Watamote anime got a hungarian dub? It was a fandub on steroids project, where some amateur webTV streamers hired a pro sound studio and career actors, spending a "seven-digit forint amount" (up to 37500 USD) on the project.

Problem is they didn't obtain rights from the japanese creators and proved unable to find a hungarian airwaves or CATV company to license and program the 16-year-and-older age limited, often foul-mouthed series.

Eventually the fandubbers ended up live streaming it episode by episode, probably trying to recover some costs with ads, but since it was bootleg to begin with they could't prevent "piracy" on the local equivalent of YT. Thus they stopped streaming after first 6 eps, uploaded those as MPEG4 to make theft meaningless and buried the second half for posterity. (Spoilers have been released suggesting all 12 eps have been dubbed, so it wasn't an abandoned project.)

I'd say it was a fittingly delusional and stupid outcome for an idiotic and delusional series.

As for hun dub quality, ep01 was quite a letdown but the next 5 proved suprisingly enjoyable. In one scene where Tomoko daydreams about becoming a GitS sniper, the target's identity was changed from "PM of a foreign country" to "corrupt CEO of a large enterprise". Maybe the dubbers wanted to avoid visitors from the secret service?

BR
Dec 16, 2017 4:06 PM
Dec 2017
Hello,

AyameTomoko said:
Two episodes in and so far I'm finding the voice acting to be better than the original...The voices seem to fit perfectly with the characters, especially Tomoko.

Huh? The seiyuu of TK is universally praised as a genius who carried the whole story on her back and her cuteness made even the unbearably idiotic parts enjoyable.

Furthermore the stucture of english language and the extroverted nature of american society isn't very conductive towards expressing the kind of social phobia which TK suffers from. (In the hungarian dub I noticed they were making use of various politeness addressing levels and the rough equivalent of uchi/soto which exist in our language, to more accurately convey the original japanese meaning. Those constructs do not exist in the english language, at least not directly.)

Thus it's dubious if eng dub could surpass japanese dub + eng sub for enjoyment, where the texting gives you the gist of meaning and the voice gives you the mood as intended.
BR
Dec 16, 2017 4:22 PM
Mar 2017
@Tacsk0, talk about an overkill of a response. lol
KyokisamaDec 16, 2017 4:51 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.