Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2014 3:51 AM

May 2010
She has her own ways of doing things and goes against Shido's ways, unlike others. Has real cool time-related powers. She is against animal cruelty. She is evil yet she is not, it's just part of her personality. Oh, did I mention her black hair and red eyes? With that mature and seductive voice to add... Yup, a total Win win.

The actual problem is, "Will Kurumi ever get a decent MAL pic?"

I love her novel pics but not the anime ones. I feel like anime studio hasn't done justice to Kurumi.

I love these ones the most.

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/10/200381.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/201897.jpg
Sep 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
People love crazy bitches, just look at Yuno Gasai, she is more popular than the anime itself, a new example would be Esdeath, but she is not really crazy just sadistic.
Sep 26, 2014 4:10 AM

Mar 2014
Yuno and Kurumi>>>>>>>Esdeath

Esdeath is meh at best... Feels like I'm watching a female version of Hisoka and Tsukiyama yet those two are better written
Sep 27, 2014 4:17 AM

Sep 2014
personally for me I like her because the music that plays when she shows up is badass and because shes a badass herself :P
Sep 27, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
Yuno>>>>>>>Kurumi and Esdeath

Esdeath is meh at best... Feels like I'm watching a female version of Hisoka and Tsukiyama yet those two are better written

I agree!

Oct 27, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2014
Eyes and her unique fighting style :) She's also kinda over powered and she looks cool and interesting!

I think Kurumi is best character in Date A Live because of her personality and fighting style. Date a Live would be booring without Kurumi ^^
Oct 27, 2014 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
because shes grimdark
Oct 30, 2014 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
Her personality, I guess
Nov 18, 2014 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
I think Tohka is nicer but Kurumi sure is an interesting character.
She looks really hot (in both outfits, but the way she looks in school is kinda better IMO), you can't tell what she's truly after, is somewhat evil, fights using time and guns which is pretty cool (similar to Homura from Madoka) and the voice-acting is really awesome too.
Nov 18, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2014
How often do you find a girl with a clock in her eye?

That is the answer my friend.
Feb 4, 2015 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
Fetishes? Maybe guys like a dominant human-eating girl.
Feb 5, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
mayukachan said:

I'm sure that's definitely not the reason. There are other characters out there like that and they don't have the popularity that Kurumi does. Kurumi also has a lot of female fans.
Feb 5, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
Ragna92 said:
mayukachan said:

I'm sure that's definitely not the reason. There are other characters out there like that and they don't have the popularity that Kurumi does. Kurumi also has a lot of female fans.

So what reasons are there?
Feb 5, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
mayukachan said:
Ragna92 said:

Appearance is one of the major ones. She is a very interesting character. We still don't know her motives for doing what she does. She is an anti-heroine. She is also the first girl in the harem to not be instantly won over by the MC. Heck I'm yet to see a character like Kurumi in any harem series.

She also has two sides to her personality. When she is in spirit form she can be quite crazy and sexy. When she isn't in her spirit form she is a cute and normal girl and also quite daring.

The list goes on and on.
Feb 5, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
Ragna92 said:
mayukachan said:

Appearance is one of the major ones. She is a very interesting character. We still don't know her motives for doing what she does. She is an anti-heroine. She is also the first girl in the harem to not be instantly won over by the MC. Heck I'm yet to see a character like Kurumi in any harem series.

She also has two sides to her personality. When she is in spirit form she can be quite crazy and sexy. When she isn't in her spirit form she is a cute and normal girl and also quite daring.

The list goes on and on.

Would you consider dating a girl like this IRL?
Feb 5, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
mayukachan said:
Ragna92 said:

The list goes on and on.

Would you consider dating a girl like this IRL?

The Kurumi before she was so obsessed in her goals than definitely yeah (Like the one from Kurumi star festival). However the current Kurumi than most likely not. She is willing to sacrifice everything and not let anything get in her way in order to accomplish her goal. The Kurumi now is not someone that is capable of loving others.
Feb 5, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
Well, why is Yuno Gasai so popular?

HollowIchigo58 said:
Not much and so true and what would you consider her, a good guy, a villain, or a anti-hero

A small spoiler from the LN:
Feb 10, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
I like Kurumi. I love her appearance! She is super pretty and I especially love her clock eye! Her personality is also interesting. She was the first girl to have an understanding of what was going on. She actually knew what a date was. I really what to know her background story and her motives.

I think that some people are into batshit crazy characters. Look who is the most popular female on this site: YUNO GASAI, who I also like.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
May 9, 2015 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
Well my first girl of the series is still Kotori, but Kurumi still got my second spot. Kurumi is a quite Yandere with also a split of personality from the different clones she have like in the OVA. I'm kind of attracted to split personality characters (Kotori imouto mode, commander mode, and Efreet) So that is one reason I like Kurumi, another one is she's smart and quite a Yandere, not as crazy as Gasai Yuno, but still likable in someway.

Jun 3, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2015
She's a great version of the 'gothic girl'. She looks typical for that style with the dress and gloves, but then they had more quirks to her - the clock eye, the weird time-control thing.

She also has an 'unknown character' aura around her. Who she is exactly is never clear, and that adds an element of danger which made the whole final battle really exciting.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 3, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2014
Perfect bod without a watermelon sized breast, gothic lolita thing going. A clock for an eye, uses old colonial weapons. Yangire (yandere for most) seductive, anti-hero type thing going on, not a helpless loser. tough exterior. The list goes forever.
Jul 10, 2015 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
Tohka is best girl, but Kurumi is the most interesting. She has the potential to be a really great villain and isn't afraid to kill people.
Jul 11, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
RedTie47 said:
Tohka is my favorite girl, but Kurumi is the most interesting. She has the potential to be a really great villain and isn't afraid to kill people.
That post is so contradictory. Fixed for you. Also unfortunately for you she is not going to take the villain route.
Jul 11, 2015 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Ragna92 said:
RedTie47 said:
Tohka is my favorite girl, but Kurumi is the most interesting. She has the potential to be a really great villain and isn't afraid to kill people.
That post is so contradictory. Fixed for you. Also unfortunately for you she is not going to take the villain route.

Thanks for spoiling.

Tohka = all around best
Kurumi = most *interesting*

nothing contradicts there
Jul 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
RedTie47 said:
Ragna92 said:

Thanks for spoiling.

Tohka = all around best
Kurumi = most *interesting*

nothing contradicts there
I wouldn't call it a major spoiler but I am sure you would be pretty disappointed if you expected a "great" villain out of her.

Everyone is different but what I define as a great character is how interesting and complex they are. Kurumi is the most interesting and unique character in the series which is why she is the best. She might not live up to it though if things will turn out like I think they will.
Ragna92Jul 11, 2015 3:51 PM
Jul 11, 2015 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Ragna92 said:
I wouldn't call it a major spoiler but I am sure you would be pretty disappointed if you expected a "great" villain out of her.

Everyone is different but what I define as a great character is how interesting and complex they are. Kurumi is the most interesting and unique character in the series which is why she is the best. She might not live up to it though if things will turn out like I think they will.

I haven't watched 2nd season yet. I didn't expect Kurumi to be a full-fledged villain, but I do expect her not to give in so easily to the "good side". I want her to cause a bit of chaos before that happens.

What I meant by Tohka being best girl personally was more tied to the romance portion of the series, not necessarily the characterization technicalities
Nov 16, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2013

She is cute, stylish and mystery.
ryanstrikeNov 17, 2015 9:30 AM
Nov 17, 2015 12:20 AM
Oct 2015
i like kurumi more than other spirit
bcause kurumi is so cute and i like her style
kurumi is my favorite spirit ♥
Nov 20, 2015 4:10 AM
Nov 2015
Because Kurumi more HOT than my digital girlfriend
Nov 20, 2015 4:11 AM
Nov 2015
Because Kurumi more HOT than my digital girlfriend
Apr 2, 2016 9:55 PM
Apr 2016
Because she stands out and has the nice clothes and that music called portrait that comes on a lot when they meet plus how she wield guns I think flintlock in her spirit form and for me it's mainly from her personality I like it.
Apr 2, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2008
Well now I don't care about Kurumi because she killed Date A Live for me because she's to damn overrated.
May 27, 2016 9:00 PM
May 2016
Well for me,Kurumi is cute.and mostly i liked it because of season 2.she forced herslef to dated shido in just a day.Because she knew shes gonna die.And she her impressions are sweet.And her powers are strong
.Because shes the best spirit.And color red and black fits her.and her voice.Even shes pshyco he still has a heart.
Nov 1, 2018 1:35 AM

Aug 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Yanderes are a rarity and they're always interesting
Yeah Kurumi covers the yandere type.
Nov 1, 2018 1:52 AM

Feb 2016
Because they're horny guys. There's nothing good about this character.
Mar 10, 2019 6:29 AM
Mar 2019
Not really everyone likes a yandere psychopath unless you're M. But she's interesting enough to be 2nd or 3rd for almost everyone. Seiyuu(watakushi desuwa!!), heterochromic clock eyes, goth dress, and if you've read the LN she has the most interesting back story among the ten spirits(11 if you count Yamai as two).
And she's my first by the way but in no way I'd like her as my girlfriend, I'm not that adventurous lmao.
Jul 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Mar 2019
It's the only character in that series that is actually remotely interesting and has a personality — the rest are all thoroughly interchangeable and done a thousand times before and even Kurumi is certainly not original but at least not bland.

The chaotic-neutral psychopath that's in love with a character with unfailingly polite mannerisms is hardly new. This one at the very least is still a character with actual motivations that seems to want to achieve something which is interesting.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Aug 9, 2019 6:05 PM

Apr 2017
Because she is the only characters that isn't a lego block.
Awoo :3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

323 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

175 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 5:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.