Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 5, 2013 12:16 PM

May 2011
The fighting made the episode fly by so quick, can't wait for the next one!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode, especially the scene with kiba and his new holy demonic sword was epic ^^
Aug 5, 2013 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Again with another awesome episode cant wait till the next one.. Sucks they censored teh boobies but the storyline and action is better imo, boobies were just a + ;b
"If you win, you live. If you loose, you die. If you don't fight, you cant win." - Eren Jaeger
Aug 5, 2013 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
I hope issei turns into the red dragon or something
Aug 5, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2013
Still think they're rushing the Volume 3 adaptation to get to the juicier stuff in Volume 4

Aug 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man, that was crazy.

Kiba's reunion with his friends almost pulled out my manly tears.

Xenovia showing that power of God.

Judging by the comments, looks like that fallen Angel dude is about to get one-shooted in the next episode.
Aug 5, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Can't help but love Akeno.

Aug 5, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
Being a light novel reader, it's really hard not to spoil what is gonna happen next, but I guess some people already did. Oh well. Can't wait foe Vali to kick ass next.
KaceSpace said:
you never stated why it was ridiculous, we need trees to breath yet people take no heed, they always smoke weed.
it's your choice to make, which is worse, using paper to smoke weed or using paper to draw little girl's panties
Aug 5, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty nice episode.
Thought the pacing felt awkward in a couple parts.
I watched a censored version before getting to see it uncensored. ;-;

Anyways...

Koneko! <3
Aug 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice overall, some moments were really meh though. Xenovia being a complete badass is always appreciated.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 5, 2013 5:41 PM

Apr 2008
A question about Yuuto's balance breaker

Holy sword is lethal to demon
Demon sword... not sure what they do
So, any special thing about holy demon sword, or is it just a ATK stats upgrade ?
Aug 5, 2013 5:51 PM

May 2013
Loved this episode as always wondering what will happen next though. Will Rias be able to fight on par with the leader of the fallen angels? or will her brother King Satan come to save the day with some legendary power?
Aug 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
Sacred Gear Rising: Revengeance

Ok great episode. But oh god, Funimation HOW COULD YOU DO US DIRTY LIKE THIS. Part of the reason I stopped watching To Love Ru was cause of those damn light rays. Motto To Love Ru was next to unwatchable cause of the absurd and inconsistent censorship. And DxD...what felt like the last stronghold of pure, raw ecchi goodness is now getting the light ray treatment? Nah son, the hunt for fansubs begins

I mean, today's episode was pretty action packed and epic, so it's fine. But we're gonna get blue balled SO HARD when the ecchi cranks up again. *sigh* I never thought I'd see the day where this anime gets censored
JusticeSoulTunaAug 5, 2013 8:11 PM
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Aug 5, 2013 8:17 PM
Jul 2013
JusticeSoulTuna said:
Sacred Gear Rising: Revengeance

Ok great episode. But oh god, Funimation HOW COULD YOU DO US DIRTY LIKE THIS. Part of the reason I stopped watching To Love Ru was cause of those damn light rays. Motto To Love Ru was next to unwatchable cause of the absurd and inconsistent censorship. And DxD...what felt like the last stronghold of pure, raw ecchi goodness is now getting the light ray treatment? Nah son, the hunt for fansubs begins

I mean, today's episode was pretty action packed and epic, so it's fine. But we're gonna get blue balled SO HARD when the ecchi cranks up again. *sigh* I never thought I'd see the day where this anime gets censored

I was thinking the same, so I searched some and found this:

Thank me later :)

BTW, the episode was really good, but ended so fast...
And also I didn't understand what was that new Gear... I'll watch this again after I'll go to sleep (you know, it's 6 AM ;] )
matan7890Aug 5, 2013 8:21 PM
Aug 5, 2013 8:30 PM
Dec 2012
Hey can someone with more knowledge about the series as a whole remind me of a few things? Its been awhile.

What does Issei's promotion ability do? If I remember right it just lets him get some extra power? Rook>Strength, Knight>Speed,Queen>MagicPower/Boosting, Bishop>??Healing??

Is a Balance Breaker just a massive spike in power by unlocking an ability? Is Issei's Scale Armor form his Balance Breaker or is that different? They vaguely said it is unlocked by a change of heart, but what exactly is it?

People have been somewhat hinting at/spoiling that *someone* will be joining the occult club soon. Just out of curiosity, is Rias's roster full? Atm I know:
Queen: 1/1 Akeno
Rook: ?/2 Koneko
Bishop: ?/2 Asia
Knight: ?/2 Kiba
Pawn: 8/8 Issei (Worth 8 pawns. What a baws)

Basically I'm asking how many pieces are Koneko, Asia, and Kiba worth?
Also does Rias choose which piece someone becomes? Or is it based off of the person?
Me on scoring anime with a 1:
Aug 5, 2013 8:35 PM
Dec 2012
As for the episode itself, even the uncensored version didn't have a lot of fanservice this episode, and I still loved it!
Only thing better than DxD oppai is DxD plot and oppai :3
Aug 5, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2012
SandwichForLunch said:
Hey can someone with more knowledge about the series as a whole remind me of a few things? Its been awhile.

What does Issei's promotion ability do? If I remember right it just lets him get some extra power? Rook>Strength, Knight>Speed,Queen>MagicPower/Boosting, Bishop>??Healing??

Is a Balance Breaker just a massive spike in power by unlocking an ability? Is Issei's Scale Armor form his Balance Breaker or is that different? They vaguely said it is unlocked by a change of heart, but what exactly is it?

People have been somewhat hinting at/spoiling that *someone* will be joining the occult club soon. Just out of curiosity, is Rias's roster full? Atm I know:
Queen: 1/1 Akeno
Rook: ?/2 Koneko
Bishop: ?/2 Asia
Knight: ?/2 Kiba
Pawn: 8/8 Issei (Worth 8 pawns. What a baws)

Basically I'm asking how many pieces are Koneko, Asia, and Kiba worth?
Also does Rias choose which piece someone becomes? Or is it based off of the person?
Koneko = 1
Asia = 1
Kiba = 1

For more information queen worth 9 piece, rook equal 5 piece, knight and bishop equal 3 piece. And the piece someone consume depend of the worthiness of that person. There is also special piece called mutation piece which I forgot how much that value.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 5, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
Balance breaker is the ultimate state of a sacred gear which can break the balance of power hence 'balance breaker'. In Issei case this would be his Scale Armor which he has yet to master. Promotion allow Issei to take on one of the trait of the other piece
Rook=atk/def
Knight=agility
Queen=magic

Regarding Ria's pieces she still has 1 unsed rook and knight
Asia is actually her
Aug 5, 2013 9:35 PM
Dec 2012
pumkingboyz said:
*snip*

God damn it. I was going to say thanks, especially for using the spoiler tag, but then I hit "quote" and I accidentally read what was inside the spoiler as I was writing my own message. Derp xD. You didn't use any details though so it doesn't really ruin much for me.

Anyway, big thanks for clearing this up.
Aug 5, 2013 9:38 PM

Apr 2013
Aken's transformation was the best!
Aug 5, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
For more information queen worth 9 piece, rook equal 5 piece, knight and bishop equal 3 piece. And the piece someone consume depend of the worthiness of that person. There is also special piece called mutation piece which I forgot how much that value.

A mutation piece doesn't have single monetary value on it. Thus someone who might require 8 pawn pieces (Issei for example) could get by with 1 pawn mutation piece, theoretically.
Work in progress...
Aug 5, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
SandwichForLunch said:
As for the episode itself, even the uncensored version didn't have a lot of fanservice this episode, and I still loved it!
Only thing better than DxD oppai is DxD plot and oppai :3

Well in episodes like these, the battle scene itself is more than enough "fanservice" as everyone loves a good battle here and there.
Work in progress...
Aug 5, 2013 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
Queen is actually the most powerful piece and grants the benefits of all the other pieces.

Rook=High Attack/Defence-low speed
Knight=High speed-low Defence
Bishop=Enhanced Magic
Queen=Has all the benefits of Rook,Knight and Bishop
Pawn=Ability to transform to a Queen in enemy territory/or with the Kings consent

Aug 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
nseika said:
A question about Yuuto's balance breaker

Holy sword is lethal to demon
Demon sword... not sure what they do
So, any special thing about holy demon sword, or is it just a ATK stats upgrade ?

This has always been a question I've desired to know as well but as it stands, it appears that the devils have a rather large disadvantage against angels and fallen angels as both of those factions can use light (hence the light spears you have seen) to do major damage to devils. Even more so, the holy swords as well as other holy objects can do a rather large amount of damage to devils themselves.

In general, the demonic swords (for example, Gram the most famous and probably most powerful demonic sword) doesn't do anything in particular like extra damage to angels and fallen angels. However it does have some unique properties which I won't go into as of now.

Despite not having any particular "advantage" in terms of weapons against angels and fallen angels, the devils do have in advantage in some respects of "recruitment" in terms of adding more devils to their faction with the "chess piece" system that we see on display with Rias' group. For every devil that has risen to the rank of a "King" piece, they can form their own group. Thus they could potentially add another 15 devils to their factions (8 pawns, 2 knights, 2 rooks, 1 queen) although more than one piece may have to be used at a time so the number they add is often smaller than this.

I won't go any farther than this so if you wish to know more details, I'd recommend you start reading the light novels ;).
Work in progress...
Aug 5, 2013 9:54 PM

Jul 2013
Newhopes said:
Queen is actually the most powerful piece and grants the benefits of all the other pieces.

Rook=High Attack/Defence-low speed
Knight=High speed-low Defence
Bishop=Enhanced Magic
Queen=Has all the benefits of Rook,Knight and Bishop
Pawn=Ability to transform to a Queen in enemy territory/or with the Kings consent

A pawn can actually transform into any of the pieces and not just the queen if that is the desire. However, typically a pawn does turn into a queen when given the chance.

Also, while the queen does encompass all of the aspects of the other pieces, depending on the strengths/personality of the individual, the "queen" will often be stronger in certain areas. To be more direct, they might be more rook-like, or knight-like, etc. as a queen and thus be stronger overall in those aspect despite having all the pieces traits.
Work in progress...
Aug 5, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Demon swords are the same as Holy swords they just effect the opposite IE Angels and Fallen angels.

Aug 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
Newhopes said:
Demon swords are the same as Holy swords they just effect the opposite IE Angels and Fallen angels.

I followed the light novels pretty closely but don't ever remember reading that the demonic swords could affect the angels/fallen angels the same way the holy swords affected the devils but I'll take your word for it. Common sense would think that be the case but I just can't remember the light novels confirming (nor denying) what you said.

I'll give it a quick flip through to see if I find anything...
Work in progress...
Aug 5, 2013 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
Misunderstanding is probably because the sample shown.
Akeno and Rayser's queen are both mage type, so they don't seem to have much use of the Rook/Knight status boost. Grayfia also seems like mage type instead of doing close combat
Not to mention both Asia and Ravel are healer type, so naturally they use theirs to increase that potential.

Black--Swordsman said:
For every devil that has risen to the rank of a "King" piece, they can form their own group.
More downline, more profit
Pyramid scheme from hell ^^;;;
Aug 5, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2012
I liked this episode because Akeno's left uncensored bewb. Oh, and the plot was okay, I guess.

TLDR: More bewbs pl0x.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Aug 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
good episode loved the fight scene can't wait for next week :Q_____
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Aug 5, 2013 11:19 PM
Dec 2012
Another enjoyable episode. Glad Kiba's swords appeared from the right below of the enemy this time. It was a touching moment when his dead fellows showed up. Wonder which sword is more powerful, Kiba's or Xenovia's. It was a bit disappointing Issei played a support role at the battle, but perhaps it was a wise move. Rias and Issei will defeat Kokabiel? Or Sirzechs will beat him? Or Azazel will show up to undertake mediation? Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 6, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2008
I´m not gonna lie when I say that I pictured the Cerberus on the novel to be more intimidating and cooler. But meh.
Xenovia action is always nice.
Aug 6, 2013 2:39 AM
Jul 2012
Рояль на рояле роялем погоняет.
Deus ex machina.
Aug 6, 2013 2:43 AM

Mar 2012
testlist7 said:
Рояль на рояле роялем погоняет.
Deus ex machina.
You just haven't seen the best deus ex machina (and the funniest too) this series have.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 6, 2013 4:41 AM
Aug 2013
i got cencored eps 5 is there ane uncencored for epsode 5 ?
Aug 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Feb 2011
Dem swords.
Aug 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2011
toraofalgarow said:
i got cencored eps 5 is there ane uncencored for epsode 5 ?

Why yes, there is.
Aug 6, 2013 7:22 PM

May 2013
Great episode, can't wait for the next one. :)

5/5
Aug 6, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2012
just watched the sub version :3
hmm now shit just getting real XD
that fallen angel is so badass.. XD

I see what happen in the end now XD damn cant wait it! XD
Aug 6, 2013 7:28 PM

Sep 2012
why is this show so great
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Aug 6, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, lots of action and fanservice. :) Kiba gets a power up and has a balance breaker: holy demonic sword. Now that's awesome! Xenovia is such a badass! Durandal is an excalibur-tier holy sword and she's pretty much the only one that can wield it. :3
Aug 7, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2013
Well congratulations on occult club's FIRST full fledged Balance Breaker, coming from Kiba! The Holy Demonic Sword, Sword of Betrayal!

Technically the "first" Balance Breaker was Issei's Balance Breaker, as we all know, Boosted Gear Scale Mail, but he doesn't have full control over that power... yet. But it'll happen soon.

And we finally got to see Xenovia's signature BFS, Durandal!! Sexy sword. Power overwhelming.

Last note, Vali, come on, show up already. Stop making your entrance so anticipating already.
Aug 7, 2013 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
Wut, a Funi episode?

Anyway, overall a pretty good episode.
Can't wait to see Vali.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 7, 2013 6:07 AM
Feb 2012
Kiba's emotional moment was done very nicely; made me tear up a bit.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 7, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2010
Kiba's past. Always sadder in animes than in novels.

Aug 7, 2013 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
Although it was a lot of fun the fight with that crazy guy was disappointing and felt rushed. We got all this hype about the power a holy Excalipur sword has. Kiba's demonic swords where breaking one after the other when fighting it when it was a single sword and now after merging 4 of them together and supposedly getting a super sword it get vut in a matter of seconds?
Aug 7, 2013 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
Monad said:
Although it was a lot of fun the fight with that crazy guy was disappointing and felt rushed. We got all this hype about the power a holy Excalipur sword has. Kiba's demonic swords where breaking one after the other when fighting it when it was a single sword and now after merging 4 of them together and supposedly getting a super sword it get vut in a matter of seconds?

The most powerful holy swords can only access their full power when wielded by the person the blade chooses a true user IE Xenovia with Durandal, Kiba reached balance breaker which makes his saced gear even more powerful.

Aug 7, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
was nice to see some1 else power evolve also i liked kiba's new sword sword its good he got some alil resolve from his past. xenovia's durandel is awesome as well. still waiting for the wht drg to truly appear.
Aug 7, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013

Best. Intermission. EVER.
Aug 7, 2013 6:04 PM

May 2013
I just cant wait for the next episode OwO its gonna be epic Cough* Cough*
Tch.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.