Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 26, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
So i finished Higurashi no naku koro ni a while ago, was wondering if the second season gets better. The first didnt really make any sense to me right until the end.
Jul 26, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
chromozone98 said:
So i finished Higurashi no naku koro ni a while ago, was wondering if the second season gets better. The first didnt really make any sense to me right until the end.

The second season anwers all your questions of season one, so yeah
Jul 26, 2013 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
This, Unfortunately Higurashi no naku koro ni kai isn't nearly as good as the first.
pralan said:
chromozone98 said:

The second season anwers all your questions of season one, so yeah
Jul 26, 2013 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
Whether or not Kai is as good as the first season (I enjoyed both seasons equally), you'll need to watch it in order to understand the events of the first season. The first season is composed of question arcs (raising questions for you, the viewer, to try and answer), while the second season is composed of answer arcs, where the author gives you the answers. Although, the way the anime adapted the VN was that it put one of the answer arcs in the first season (Eye Opening Chapter), where you learned that
Later on, you learn who is the real culprit is and why the murders occurred.

As to Higurashi season one making sense or not, it's just designed in a Groundhog Day method of storytelling which is designed to make you form a theory through the process of elimination. If you're one of those kind of people who don't try to actively solve the mystery in a novel, movie, anime, etc, then it's pointless.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jul 26, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2013
Kai is so much better and it answers everything. It is so much more emotional and has much more impact.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jul 26, 2013 6:20 PM

Mar 2013
If you want to, lol :P
Jul 26, 2013 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
Definitely.

It lets you know what ACTUALLY is happening
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
Most if not all questions are finally answered in the 2nd season. Its a lot more of a mystery thriller in 2nd season , with the first being more psychological horror.
Feb 25, 2017 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
If you forgot major plot points, i suggest rewatching it, or at least the episodes you don't remember. Or find a full season summery somewhere on the internet. I'm sure that exists.
The second season, according to the synopsys "sheds light on many of the dark mysteries prevalent in the first season", so if you don't remember the first season, i think the second one wont make much sense.
I didn't watch the second one, since i hated the first one, so much i had to force myself to finish it, so i don't know how accurate what i'm saying is.
Your best option, if you're up to it, is to rewatch it.
Feb 25, 2017 6:15 AM
Jun 2016
I mean, if you really liked Higurashi 1st season, you should probably watch the second one. You're luckier than me because I have watched the 2nd season first without knowing (how didn't that happened!!!) and I am at the end end of the 1st season. I have to tell that the second season is extremely good and makes all the problems in the 1st attatched. It was created beautifully but still incorporate many of the knowledge you should have in the 1st season. You should rewatch it if you feel you forgot really important parts.
Feb 25, 2017 7:31 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.