Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 12, 2013 7:11 PM

Aug 2009
Not scary, but atleast they didn't skimp on the gore. 4/10

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 13, 2013 1:15 AM

Aug 2012
Why didn't she lift her up!?!?!
Aug 13, 2013 2:07 AM

May 2010
That beginning and Satoshi grabbin "something" XD Gotta love Ayumi and esp. Seiko. Yes Yoshiki x Ayumi!

They set the mood very nicely and I forgot to breath at certain times... This remindsme somewhat of Another. OMG, the horror... So the ghosts are scared of light, or so is my hypothesis. They capture feelings so perfectly.. No censorships , nothing. What the hell, why did Seiko had to die...? I have seen her the most popular everywhere, why did they kill her?

This and Danganronpa surely don't want me to go back to school ever!! No that, I am gonna go from now on since I am in college now...

A question to gamers, does Seiko suffer the same fate in the game or it is based on choices?
Aug 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Aug 2011
TragicRomance said:
What the hell, why did Seiko had to die...? I have seen her the most popular everywhere, why did they kill her?

Aug 13, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Character introductions as well as the Sachiko Charm. I sense horror elements in this as well to much gore, well waiting for the next episode to come.

Aug 13, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, that was an amazing episode. It has been such a long time since I watched a horror anime that I thought was decently scary. Although using the camera tilt effect tells you when something is coming. I am still on the fence about whether I like to know or whether I would rather be surprised.

Still the best yet~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 14, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
My body wasn't ready to watch one of the most memorable voices die like that..
Aug 14, 2013 5:09 AM

May 2013
Nice. this is the Best Horror Anime for me i never actually played the game of this but i saw some lets play in youtube so i know the endings and some things. they need more episodes maybe adding 4 more :D ,And Naomi and Misaka,Seiko and Kuroko voice are the same and both Seiko and Kuroko are perverts
MercuriAug 14, 2013 8:55 PM
Aug 14, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2011
SO MUCH WIN !!!!

The only thing that bothered me though is Naomi's idiocy. I mean come on , it's common sense that you have to llift someone up when they're hanged :|
Aug 16, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, finally what I've been looking for in an anime , something that can shock or frighten me in a way similar to a horror movie.

Although I did really gripe at the noose scene, thought she'd finally come to her senses and hold her up, leg on shoulders but NOOOOOOOOOO she had to get a bucket. Even worse its a bucket filled with body parts. I'm mad that she died in such an easy to circumvent way. i hate when stuff like that happens..
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Aug 16, 2013 10:23 PM

Sep 2009
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:
Wow, finally what I've been looking for in an anime , something that can shock or frighten me in a way similar to a horror movie.

Although I did really gripe at the noose scene, thought she'd finally come to her senses and hold her up, leg on shoulders but NOOOOOOOOOO she had to get a bucket. Even worse its a bucket filled with body parts. I'm mad that she died in such an easy to circumvent way. i hate when stuff like that happens..

Nothing new, exactly same event as in the first game,
so far watched 1st ova and will try wait a bit more till someone already subs ep4 too -__-
Aug 18, 2013 2:29 AM

Jun 2011
Nononono. They messed up Naomi's outburst post-infirmary in episode 1. By removing her internal dialogue, they just made her seem like a giant bitch, rather than a sense of having lost control of herself, which is a rather necessary foreshadowing.

And pity that they couldn't get a 12 episode slot. As a whole, the first episode felt very rushed, and we were barely given time to bond with Seiko before her death :/ It was very hard to empathize with.

And this was just tasteless fanservice:

2.5/5
Revenant_Aug 18, 2013 2:35 AM
Aug 18, 2013 2:57 AM
Dec 2009
Kazejimonji said:
Rukaliini said:
etchel said:
Yea I know that but does that literally mean that you can't use any others paper scrap ?

Pretty much, but didn't Naomi also use someone others scrap? If so, then it must be that it needs to be a paper scrap from someone who performed the charm with you, I guess? (simply from the same school)

Re-Iterating: You need to have a piece of the "Sachiko Ever After" Charm/Paper that was (indirectly) used upon entering. It doesn't necessarily mean that it HAS to be your own piece from the ceremony. (Although the effects of doing that is debatable)

And the sad thing was, when Satoshi noticed that Naomi had taken a scrap from another student's corpse, in the end he gave his piece of scrap to Naomi... and used Yuka's "apparent" piece... (ie: Kizami's scrap)
how tragic...

In the end, Ayumi was gonna survive no matter what, and either Satoshi or Naomi was guaranteed to die...

When did Satoshi mistakenly took Kizami's scrap? Didn't Satoshi said that he safe-keeped Yuka's scrap from the start?
Aug 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2007
I hope Naomi gets her brain splattered because they are a waste in the society, I have never seen such stupidity in the anime industry, let alone gintama, the time she took to save someone from strangling was beyond the mother nature of brains.

So in other words. Naomi please die fast.
Aug 18, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
so many people keep telling how gruesome mirai nikki and i keep telling them, "It's not that bad" well suck people who told me that mirai nikki was the epitome of gore because you're all wrong watch this and i hope you all get scarred for life
Memento Mori.
Aug 19, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2011
good start, the hanging scene made me laugh though

animeno said:
so many people keep telling how gruesome mirai nikki and i keep telling them, "It's not that bad" well suck people who told me that mirai nikki was the epitome of gore because you're all wrong watch this and i hope you all get scarred for life

genocyber is the epitome of gore
Aug 20, 2013 4:12 AM

Sep 2012
Can anyone tell me where i can download this, Please?

Really wanna watch this ^.^
Aug 20, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
Darkangel3001 said:
Can anyone tell me where i can download this, Please?

Really wanna watch this ^.^

Sorry it's against MAL's rules.
Aug 20, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 2011
It feels quick paced to me, but maybe its because I watched the game walkthrough and such.
Aug 21, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2013
UnbornMVs said:
SO MUCH WIN !!!!

The only thing that bothered me though is Naomi's idiocy. I mean come on , it's common sense that you have to llift someone up when they're hanged :|

About that, she had a twisted ankle didn't she? They set it up but never used it, she could have tried to lift her up but becuase she was panicking she ended up hurting herself even more then falling unable to stand up again, that could have worked, instead she ran out for the bucket pefectly fine.

Regardless of adaptaion or not, if it's shown in detail at least it needs to make sense.
Aug 27, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
God damn that shit it's so hilarious i was laughing my ass... hahahhaah.
I Watch the first ova i have to say the characters are stupid like hell:
The windows are locked? How about break them with something idiots?
We are on some creepy school in an raining day, we don't know how we end up here what we gonna do? Let's take a nap! Make sense!
My best friend are hanged and she dying what im gonna do?
Hug her and drag her down while she is hanged, which gonna make her die more quick.
CHECK!
Push up the rope while she is hanged, which gonna make her die more quick.
CHECK!
Go and take a small bucket (while she is dying) witch has absolutely now use to help her.
CHECK!

It's just so hilarious! How about push up her feet with your hands and let her take off the rope by herself, it's that fucking simple for god sake.
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 27, 2013 7:46 AM

Jun 2011
Mirati said:
God damn that shit it's so hilarious i was laughing my ass... hahahhaah.
I Watch the first ova i have to say the characters are stupid like hell:
The windows are locked? How about break them with something idiots?
We are on some creepy school in an raining day, we don't know how we end up here what we gonna do? Let's take a nap! Make sense!
My best friend are hanged and she dying what im gonna do?
Hug her and drag her down while she is hanged, which gonna make her die more quick.
CHECK!
Push up the rope while she is hanged, which gonna make her die more quick.
CHECK!
Go and take a small bucket (while she is dying) witch has absolutely now use to help her.
CHECK!

It's just so hilarious! How about push up her feet with your hands and let her take off the rope by herself, it's that fucking simple for god sake.

-The windows are sealed by magic. I don't think breaking it would work.
-Yeah napping was stupid, but take into account that Naomi's foot was sprained and therefore needed to recuperate. Having a break isn't so outlandish. Seiko leaving alone was more stupid imo.
-It was a frantic moment, a few lapses in judgement are expected. And the bucket was for putting it under Seiko's feet so she isn't dangling by the noose.
-Again, she has a sprained foot so a girl lifting another teenage girl isn't the easiest thing to do. I'd imagine thinking of the bucket idea prior to this was very understandable, but by that time, Seiko had already died.

I'm just gonna say the game pulled it off 1000x better.
Revenant_Aug 27, 2013 7:50 AM
Aug 27, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2013

yeah i see that on ep.2, the point is that she doesn't know that and she don't try to break it you know.

-It was a frantic moment, a few lapses in judgement are expected. And the bucket was for putting it under Seiko's feet so she isn't dangling by the noose.

Yeah i get that but the bucket it was way too small, that's why it's useless.

-Again, she has a sprained foot so a girl lifting another teenage girl isn't the easiest thing to do. I'd imagine thinking of the bucket idea prior to this was very understandable, but by that time, Seiko had already died.

I don't it was so hard to lift her a little bit, but the point anyway is that she don't try at all.
About the bucket, i don't think its understandable a ~10cm bucket will possibly cover a high 20-30cm around.

http://i.imgur.com/b2In84m.png
http://i.imgur.com/nXtNaD1.png
MiratiAug 27, 2013 8:16 AM
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 27, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2011
Mirati said:

yeah i see that on ep.2, the point is that she doesn't know that and she don't try to break it you know.

Yeah i get that but the bucket it was way too small, that's why it's useless.

I don't it was so hard to lift her a little bit, but the point anyway is that she don't try at all.
About the bucket, i don't think its understandable a ~10cm bucket will possibly cover a high 20-30cm around.

Well if the bucket didn't seem big enough, then that's an animation error. The intent in the game was clearly that the bucket was large enough to relieve her from dangling.

And about not even thinking about breaking the window, my memory is very vague but weren't they on the second/third floor?
Aug 27, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2013
Ambient_ said:

Well if the bucket didn't seem big enough, then that's an animation error. The intent in the game was clearly that the bucket was large enough to relieve her from dangling.

And about not even thinking about breaking the window, my memory is very vague but weren't they on the second/third floor?

Well we talk about the ova's here, i don't have play the game :)

The guy with the glasses try to broke it in first minutes of episode 2
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 27, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2011
Mirati said:
Ambient_ said:

Well we talk about the ova's here, i don't have play the game :)

The guy with the glasses try to broke it in first minutes of episode 2

Well this is an adaption of the game, sooo... :P

Yeah I never got around to watching episode 2 lol.
Sep 2, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
Just wow... That was amazing, and I didn't expected Seiko death so soon. Need to see the second OAV!
Sep 10, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Well... too much organs, blood and a bit of horror. Still, I will watch the other 3 OVAS
Sep 25, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Guess the genre is quite straight... Horror. xD
Man I should have checked those genre tags. Well I guess once I started it, can't go back on it. At least there are nice moments in it, and the horror parts are quite scary, not just "horror".
Episode 1
My god Seiko is annoying... it's past 1am and her jokes don't make it any better xD.
Aand it just hit the scariest moment of all.. and Naomi just snapped... Take her off, not pull her... my mind is blown... Well there goes stupidity.

Edit: Seems like people are sent here from episode 1, while this is general discussion.
ao_no_exoSep 26, 2013 3:21 AM
Oct 3, 2013 1:03 AM

Apr 2012
I don't think there is an Episode 1 discussion board, for some reason...

Anyway, it was nice to see this animated, I'm a fan of the game. Seiko seemed a little more annoying in this though :p They also added more unnecessary ecchi, sob.
Nov 9, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
TALK ABOUT FREAKING RETARDED MAIN CHARACTER. LOL

Her friend is being hung from the neck and she pulls on her...? She even left her to try to find something to put under her when she could have been of some use and maybe used HERSELF? Derp.

That being said, its very rare for an anime to have guts and all that crazy stuff animated so that was pretty cool. Overall, very enjoyable, but nothing too special. Looking forward to the next episode though! :)
Nov 15, 2013 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
The ending was stupid,better saying that girl was stupid...She could have saved her friend,instead she was just screaming and crying and then she pulled the rope,instead of putting the girl on her back...
Very disappointed about her...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Nov 2013
Episode 1 - Anybody who is trying to help somebody who is hanging themselves by pulling them down is a fucking moron...
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 15, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2013
Wow, last time I checked this anime had a score in the 6's.
Dec 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Feb 2013
Great first episode. I liked the background music; it really adds to the creepy atmosphere.
Naomi was stupid though. She was pulling on Seiko's body instead of lifting her up.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Feb 2, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2008
The first ep was really great and bad at the same time. The art is so spooky and the animation is flawless but that scene with Naomi was so incredible stupid that I had to facepalm myself until the end lol.

Feb 9, 2014 7:05 AM

Dec 2012
For those complaining about Naomi being stupid by using ridiculous methods to save her friend... you'll find out why later, in case you are wondering.
Feb 28, 2014 12:29 PM
Feb 2014
mizunoyukino said:
Kazejimonji said:
Rukaliini said:
etchel said:
Yea I know that but does that literally mean that you can't use any others paper scrap ?

Pretty much, but didn't Naomi also use someone others scrap? If so, then it must be that it needs to be a paper scrap from someone who performed the charm with you, I guess? (simply from the same school)

Re-Iterating: You need to have a piece of the "Sachiko Ever After" Charm/Paper that was (indirectly) used upon entering. It doesn't necessarily mean that it HAS to be your own piece from the ceremony. (Although the effects of doing that is debatable)

And the sad thing was, when Satoshi noticed that Naomi had taken a scrap from another student's corpse, in the end he gave his piece of scrap to Naomi... and used Yuka's "apparent" piece... (ie: Kizami's scrap)
how tragic...

In the end, Ayumi was gonna survive no matter what, and either Satoshi or Naomi was guaranteed to die...

When did Satoshi mistakenly took Kizami's scrap? Didn't Satoshi said that he safe-keeped Yuka's scrap from the start?
Well actually he didn't mistakenly take that scrap he took while knowing what would happen because remember he asked the ghost what would happen if you used someone elses scrap which ment that he lied to her so she wouldn't feel bad for what happened to him when they finally got out of Heavenly Host Academy so the reason she got out safe was because well im taking a guess here that a certain rule must be met in order for her to use his so I guess it was met so he gave it to her and let her leave alive while sacrificing himself in the process
Apr 10, 2014 3:37 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, I don't like Naomi, what a horrible thing to say to Seiko, and when Seiko was hanging, she was pulling her down, or pulling the rope up, wtf? -.- Pretty good start, I really like the atmosphere, if it was me, I would've been scared shitless.

ClawViper7 said:
For those complaining about Naomi being stupid by using ridiculous methods to save her friend... you'll find out why later, in case you are wondering.

I am glad to know that.
ToG25thBaamApr 10, 2014 3:40 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
Seikos death was really nice, dat despair. :DD
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 18, 2014 9:36 PM

May 2013
One of the goriest anime I've watched in my life and I have no plan to re-watch this because of the ending, I'll stick to the gameplay's true end. Damn, I don't want to recall the deaths.

Though it was OK, I'll not rate this higher than 6, I just, ugggh daaaat ending.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 5, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
Mmh, the atmospheres were right, as a start is pretty good.
But, they are 9 characters in a 4 episodes show, I think it will be impossible to not feel rush in it.

By the way, the most eclatant thing was Seiko's death, I think.
And Naomi wins the prize for worst timing and worst rescue of the history, what dumbass would try to save a hanged person by pull the rope up or push the body down?
And I understand the shock, but she was just standing in front of her like nothing..
But maybe, maybe, it could have been realistic, who knows how a person would react in that situation.. the world is various.

I think it was also realistic the reaction Naomi had towards the still alive Seiko.. she needed someone to discharge the blame on, and Seiko happened to be that scapegoat.

I wonder whose body was in the hallway, maybe it was just a delusion.

And that spirit thing in the nursery room was pathetic.

But I hope that this show will not be just random blood covered in lame plot.

3/5
May 29, 2014 5:00 AM

Oct 2013
Great,on to the next 1

May 29, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2014
So... I hate to be the one who says what should have been done in horror filmes/series. But that saving was terrible!

Besides that, it was a very good episode (scary, of course, and even more for me - who does not watch many horror/gore stuff). Still, there should be much more to see!
May 29, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
At the end of the 1st episode , those sounds that you hear made me think that there is someone in my room.......
I'm watching it with my headphones on.......damn its scary as hell. I thought Higurashi is something a little bit scary but this is ...........

And the TV doesnt help me at all . Now , at the TV is nothing but things like Spartacus.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 30, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
Oh corpse party. ♥
Before I started to watch this, I looked in youtube about the game and I absolutely getting addicted to it. ♥
Nah of course, there are bad endings, good endings, other endings, etc.
May 30, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
SweetCoconut said:
I'll stick to the gameplay's true end. Damn, I don't want to recall the deaths.

Yeah right. But I still like the OVA, although I prefer the game's true ending to the OVA's depressing ending that everybody almost didn't survive. Feels are coming. T_T
Jun 11, 2014 11:55 PM

Apr 2013
Lmao! This is so freaking hilarious xD
Jul 7, 2014 2:51 PM
Mar 2013
Br00tal episode. Suicide scene was very annoying. I mean all she had to do was lift her up so the bitch could breathe. How weak must one be to not be able to do so.
Jul 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
Woah! The first episode was brutal!
The only party I didn't like was when the black spirit lift Naomi skirt, no need for fanservice...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

elitebeef - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Washijyazo - Aug 15, 2013

211 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.