Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2014 10:39 AM
Nov 2013
This anime is to short.. I WANT MORE!! (I understand this is from a game but still...would have loved it if they could spend more time on this)
Aug 1, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2010
Very rushed and disappointing. Especially the scenes that involved Kizami and Morishige. I was so so sad.
Sep 18, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2014
This is so gruesome ... but it seems very well done. Definitely got me interested.
Sep 27, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
Reaction of first episode, but there seems to be no thread with that name.

I expected more, but that'll probably come in the remaining episodes.

UndeadSoul said:
Br00tal episode. Suicide scene was very annoying. I mean all she had to do was lift her up so the bitch could breathe. How weak must one be to not be able to do so.

I guess people do really, really stupid things when they're in deep shit. :'v
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 27, 2014 1:11 PM
Mar 2014
Aaah it was awsome to watch it, played the game before it was a verry intresting story glad to see it animated.
Sep 28, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2012
I was eating and I really lost my appetite, good start though. Quite love the darker setting so let's see what's next!
Dec 21, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
So gruesome but its so interesting I can't wait to watch more.

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Feb 7, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
WTF? Seriously? She should've just lifted her than look for something for her to stand on. Or she could've gotten on all fours and made her stand on her fucking back. She even sped up her death by pulling her down. Dumb as fuck that bitch was. I wish she dies.. oh wait... maybe they're all gonna die. Because I heard this show is just mindless gore and it wasn't supposed to make sense.
Mar 7, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
Intense first episode.
Jun 3, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
Gotta say I enjoyed this, but it wasn't perfect. 4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2015 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
PrimeX said:
WTF? Seriously? She should've just lifted her than look for something for her to stand on. Or she could've gotten on all fours and made her stand on her fucking back. She even sped up her death by pulling her down. Dumb as fuck that bitch was. I wish she dies.. oh wait... maybe they're all gonna die. Because I heard this show is just mindless gore and it wasn't supposed to make sense.

This. I dropped this halfway the second OVA and I don't really see mystery or horror, only mindless gore. The characters are so stupid, that stupid teenagers from an average teenieslasher look intelligent in comparison.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 1, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
I give credit for creators of this show for toning down the fan service from the game but sadly i have to say that the first episode otherwise didn't work too well.

Everything happens so fast that there's no tension so it's hard to get invested on anything.

More realistic art style would have also fit the show lot better.

TheBigGuy said:
PrimeX said:

This. I dropped this halfway the second OVA and I don't really see mystery or horror, only mindless gore. The characters are so stupid, that stupid teenagers from an average teenieslasher look intelligent in comparison.

Come on. She was obviously in panic so it's no wonder why she acted like she did.
KuruwinOct 1, 2015 1:58 AM
Oct 2, 2015 12:57 PM
Jun 2015
It's shit and terribly adapted.
Oct 3, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2013
Well i do agree that the rest is shit. I did get a chuckle out of some gory scenes in episode 3 but that's the only positive think i can say.
Jan 21, 2016 1:42 AM

Sep 2012
first time to Corpse party. this is interesting
Jan 24, 2016 5:17 AM
Jul 2014
Episode 1 starts easy, everybody is friend with everybody, until they fell through the hole in the ground.
Naomi and Seiko are best friends, even really close friends: thou Seiko is a bit goofy, she will not waste any opportunity to put her face between Naomi's breasts. They are so close friends that Naomi even shares her personal creme for intimate parts with Seiko! I didn't get what sort of ointment it was, but Seiko was quite happy to grease her butt with it!!! The scene was hot and funny - fan servicing I guess!? After that it's all blood and gore!
On to episode 2!
jakovJan 24, 2016 6:26 AM
Jun 20, 2016 12:40 AM

Jun 2015
UndeadSoul said:
Br00tal episode. Suicide scene was very annoying. I mean all she had to do was lift her up so the bitch could breathe. How weak must one be to not be able to do so.

That shit keeps in my mind.. dude I'm so angry for that
Jul 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Oct 2015
alright this is probz gonna give me a huge amout of nightmares or sleepless nights.
my poor young heart can't take this.
but still I'm gonna continue because I'm stupid ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 8, 2016 10:19 AM

Oct 2015
Francosius said:
UndeadSoul said:

That shit keeps in my mind.. dude I'm so angry for that

exactly!
I was like, just put het legs on your shoulders and she is too high to actually be hanged, even an eight year old could understand that, but apparently this girl couldn't >.>
Dec 22, 2016 3:45 AM

Feb 2013
Naomi is the worst friend ever.
First she only thinks about herself and after she doesn't even save Seiko from dying, the only thing she had to do is put herself under her, she needs to die, a gruesome death.
Dec 24, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
well that was really something even for a first episode... why do they have to die anyway though
Dec 4, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2017
Ep 1, shoulda got down on her knees and lifted Seiko up by getting under her and elevating herself like a platform dumbass
𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

romance, slice of life, shounen

currently listening to:
Jan 6, 2018 1:53 PM

Apr 2017
Argh... This time, when this one girl hanging on rope. This girl number two is totalling stupid. Och, its my fault, sorry and pull her down. I rescue you *pull one more*, och i must cut this rope, och i must take something and underlay under feet... That was so IRRITATING.
Jan 7, 2018 7:44 PM
Oct 2017
Atleast Yoshiki wasn’t a complete idiot and decided to stay in the real world.
EDIT: nevermind
OppaiLover-_-Jan 7, 2018 7:50 PM
Jun 20, 2019 4:03 PM

Sep 2017
I'm going into this with the perspective of someone who literally finished 100%ing the first game about three days ago, so I can say that the correct version of this material is still fresh in my mind. And while the original game is still objectively better, with its superior pacing and atmosphere, along with a better art style more suitable for a horror experience, this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

However, as a fan of the source material, I do have some complaints. First, my biggest issue with this episode was the exchange between the frightened Naomi and Seiko. That happened waaaaaay too fucking fast. Seiko had barely gotten back before Naomi started tearing into her. The original game at least gave the perspective of Naomi as to why she would verbally assault Seiko like that. Naomi didn't seem that scared here. A more minor complaint lies in the way this anime adaptation handled Seiko hanging herself, specifically with what Seiko said. Seiko, while struggling for her life, apologized to Naomi, and here's why I have a problem with that. I'm spoiler tagging this because it spoils the very end of the game (specifically the true ending), so it may also spoil a future episode of this anime. You have been warned. Seriously, this is a massive spoiler.

Other nitpicks here and there are the faces seem... off. I also think they didn't do Seiko justice. Her relationship with Naomi was given a ton of time to develop in the game (which the anime obviously doesn't have), making her death that much more shocking. I think this could have been remedied by making this an actual show, with maybe 12 episodes, or more importantly, making this first episode an hour-long special. This would have given their relationship the time it needed to develop while still ending at the scene of Seiko hanging herself, which is in my opinion still the best place to end the first episode. Besides that, I thought this first episode did a pretty decent job at setting up what was going on while still leaving us with a lot of questions. I'm complaining a lot, but that's only because I enjoyed the source material so much. This was good. Play the game. It's on 3DS, so either buy it online for $30 or emulate it with Citra. I'd probably give this first episode a 7/10. It was good. I'm pretty interested to see how they will handle the rest of this.
Nov 14, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2019
Hopeful_Bagels said:
For anybody who watches the Corpse Party ANIME, I do NOT recommend you watch it because it is not canon and the ending to anime sucks. I recommend the games over the anime...so if you guys are looking for a more fun and in-depth story for Corpse Party and it's characters then please play or look up Corpse Party - BloodCovered: Repeated Fear (PSP ver.) and the others.

Believe me, it is worth the small amount of money or it's worth playing for free with a PSP emulator like I use. Just...please don't take the anime as if it were the canon ending because there are a lot more survivors in the actual canon ending.

I thought the anime was lacking something. Thanks, I be sure to give the game(s?) a try once I'm done with this month's anime challenge.
LuananeeNov 14, 2019 3:02 PM
Jan 14, 2020 11:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good first episode with cool horror moments
Nov 2, 2020 7:23 PM
Jul 2019
These teenagers never cease to amaze. Too dumb to break a window, too dumb to realize that splitting up when you're all in serious danger is a terrible idea, too fucking dumb to just push a body that's being hanged upwards so that they can untie the noose without being strangled. All in the first episode. Fucking amazing. I give them half a braincell at most. Collectively.
poudinkNov 3, 2020 12:22 PM
Jan 17, 2022 12:28 AM
Jan 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, it's out

It's over 50 minutes (all of them combined I think since that's the version I watched) which is longer than I thought and beginning was brutal. Yup, shit already going down. The OP song is okay I guess. Some secrets revealed and dat terrifying look. I expected deaths and blood though so I wasn't surprised. The animation is pretty smooth and I liked the OST. I'm not sure how well this was adapted though since I haven't played the game yet but I think it was an okay watch; nothing earth shattering though..

Be afraid~

What was that ass cream mentioned in episode 1
Jan 29, 2022 3:09 PM

Jul 2016
Damn. If it's not Seiko, then Naomi gets molested by female specters instead...
Mar 15, 2022 4:43 AM

May 2020
No, Annabelle is way more scary.... and fuck this happy-go-lucky ED, like seriously.
Sep 14, 2022 11:06 PM

Nov 2021
not what i expected it to be but i guess i kinda feel fpr it nonetheless
Jun 21, 2023 6:10 AM
Jun 2023
elég para, mégis jó
Nov 4, 2023 1:13 PM
Oct 2023
pretty brutal but the story lacks overall
Nov 27, 2023 12:39 PM

Oct 2018
I played the VN. I can say this is a good adaptation. I don't know if episode 2 will as good as this though.
Apr 30, 8:46 AM

Aug 2021
I think it wasn't that bad but it isn't that good ether.
I’m a simple man living my own dreams.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

elitebeef - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Washijyazo - Aug 15, 2013

211 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.