Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2009 3:34 PM

Sep 2008
IAC: obsolete as of 2015: statistical revision excluding JITOME amongst other things.

I haven't started reading any manga, thats why I have no manga only characters down there. Best kuudere description out there at the moment:

Term of Kuudere:
One of the newer neologism, a kuudere rounds out the —'dere' family in a rather basic way.

What this means depends on the character, But usually implies the character is not very openly emotional and regards other people cynically (a 'cool' outlook, rather than being popular). The difference is while the tsundere is underlied by immaturity and openly abrasive, the kuudere is only indirectly frustrating or indifferent. There's a much higher chance kuudere are older, and may be accompanied by a more energetic (or annoying) Morality Pet wanting to emulate this graceful mature character.

Occasionally this is a trait of the true Emotionless Girl, added deliberately by writers or projected by fans.

Compared to yandere and tsundere, the kuudere has a higher chance of being either gender.

Who is currently missing from this club:

Miyu Gleer- Mai-Otome
Machi- Nagasarete Airantou
Yin- Darker than Black
Eve- Black Cat
Ayanami, Rei- Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ayase, Yue- Mahou Sensei Negima!
Futami, Eriko- Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge
Iwasaki, Minami- Lucky Star
Kiyoura, Setsuna- School Days
Komori, Kiri- Sayonara Setsubou Sensei (Not really sure about this one.)
Mikawa, Fumika- Shigofumi
Morimiya, Aono- Sola
Testarossa, Fate- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Tohno, Minagi- Air (Not really sure about her either.)
Ichigo Morino- Onegai Teacher
Rima Mashiro- Shugo Chara!
Mizore Shirayuki- Rosario + Vampire (Shes kuudere enough right?)
Misaki Hayakawa- Kemeko DX
Anju Maaka- Karin
Yami- To-LOVE-Ru
Akari Himuro- Night Wizard
Hecate- Shakugan no Shana
Rika Furude- Higurashi (Her emotion you see is fake, her real personality is actually is emotionless.)
DrMondaiNashiApr 7, 2016 11:27 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2009 6:07 AM

Nov 2008
Thanks for the list! I added all of them to the list (If I missed any or jumped the gun at including any of them, tell me!).

I'm gonna add the "Kuudere" description to the main club blurb as well, if you don't mind.
Jan 20, 2009 12:48 PM

Sep 2008
Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo trilogy should be added ASAP.
Jan 20, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Sumpfpflanze said:
Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo trilogy should be added ASAP.

Done! Thanks for your collaboration.
Jan 31, 2009 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
http://myanimelist.net/character/3100/Nemu_Kurotsuchi

add her

I don't really think that Rika should be part of the club relations :/
hirahiraJan 31, 2009 1:47 PM
Jan 31, 2009 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
hirahira said:
http://myanimelist.net/character/3100/Nemu_Kurotsuchi

add her

I don't really think that Rika should be part of the club relations :/

I forgot all about Nemu since I haven't watched Bleach in a long time.

What about when Rika is talking all serious and stuff when she is in "god mode"? That is her true self. I do kind of agree with you though but I think overall she belongs to part of this club.
Jan 31, 2009 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
I suppose so...

this girl needs to be added too: http://myanimelist.net/character/14080/Nakiami

I'll find more later
Jan 31, 2009 8:50 PM

Sep 2008
hirahira said:
I suppose so...

this girl needs to be added too: http://myanimelist.net/character/14080/Nakiami

I'll find more later

Heh, even the explanation for her explains that she is an kuudere also. Its funny though, I dropped Xam'd but she was one of the very few characters that I liked on the show, hmm...I wonder why. XD
Feb 1, 2009 12:21 AM

Nov 2008
Added both. Thank you.

As for Rika, she fits, but when people think of Rika, they think of the cute "Nipah"-saying girl, not of the emotionless girl who has gone through a lot. Which makes it a bit confusing. I'm keeping her in, of course, but it's understandable she looks like she doesn't fits.
Feb 2, 2009 11:48 PM
Jan 2009
What about Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew.

http://myanimelist.net/character/2694/Zakuro_Fujiwara

Feb 3, 2009 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, I think she fits too. Thanks.
Feb 5, 2009 3:27 PM
Jan 2009
You are welcome.

Feb 15, 2009 5:56 PM

May 2008
I see that Sanya needs to be added.
http://myanimelist.net/character/14139/Sanya_V._Litvyak

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 15, 2009 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
I missed Sanya? And I watched all of Strike Witches...

Thanks for reminding me!
Feb 16, 2009 9:36 AM

Dec 2007
Hinata Sugai from Amaenaide yo!
Feb 16, 2009 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
Added. I thank thee.
Feb 17, 2009 12:26 AM

May 2007
Get prepared... This is gonna be long :P

Character - Anime
Saber - Fate/stay night
Wilhelmina Carmel - Shakugan no Shana
Kanzaki Kaori - To Aru Majutsu no Index
MISAKA - To Aru Majutsu no Index
Tabitha - Zero no Tsukaima
Ryougi Shiki - Kara no Kyoukai
Yagyuu Kyubei - Gintama
Kawazoe Tamaki - Bamboo Blade
C.C. - Code Geass
Anya - Code Geass
Minami Chiaki - Minami-ke
Fumika - Shigofumi
Sakaki - Azumanga Daioh
Sakurazaka Hazuki - Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Ichinose Kotomi - Clannad
Sakagami Tomoyo - Clannad
Yell - Akikan!
Horo - Spice and Wolf
Angela - Asu no Yoichi
Amane Otori - Strawberry Panic
Saginomiya Isumi - Hayate no Gotoku!
Zakuro Mitsukai - Dokuro-chan
Miyu - Mai-HiME (the one already listed is Glear from Mai-Otome)

I'm tentative about the following, since there's "dandere", a variation of kuudere, and they might fall into that. Otherwise, they might as well count as kuudere~
Aihara - Kyou no Go no Ni (She's really like Strike Witches's Sanya Litvyak, so might as well include her)
Touka - Utawarerumono (is also potential tsundere)
Aruruu - Utawarerumono (pretty much the quiet cutesy type, but not often engaged in action)
Tsukamoto Yakumo - School Rumble (same as above, but moe!)
Suzume Saotome - Hyakko (?)
Machi - Nasagarete Airantou (?)
Chihiro - ef tale of memories (?)
Nagomi - Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka (?)
Nagi - Kannagi (?)
chibukiFeb 17, 2009 1:24 AM
Feb 17, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2008
(Splitting the long list in groups of 2-4 for easier replying. Also, I'm not commenting on the girls I don't know, but will add them all just in case)

chibuki said:
Saber - Fate/stay night
Wilhelmina Carmel - Shakugan no Shana

Fit fine. Added.

chibuki said:
Kanzaki Kaori - To Aru Majutsu no Index

Hmmm... I'm adding her too, but she's more emotive than the usual here.. I'm kinda in doubt myself.

chibuki said:
MISAKA - To Aru Majutsu no Index
Tabitha - Zero no Tsukaima

Misaka, however, fits perfectly. and Tabitha is already there, only she's with her real name (de Gallia, Charlotte Helene Orléans). Silly database spoiling things.

chibuki said:
Kawazoe Tamaki - Bamboo Blade
C.C. - Code Geass
Anya - Code Geass
Minami Chiaki - Minami-ke

Tamaki is just shy and quiet, IMO, but she could fit I suppose, so added. C.C. and Chaiki fit fine. Anya is already there, but thaks anyway.

chibuki said:
Sakaki - Azumanga Daioh
Sakurazaka Hazuki - Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Sakaki is kinda like Tamaki, so sure why not. And how did I forget Hazuki, considering I rather liked NHnH?

chibuki said:
Ichinose Kotomi - Clannad
Sakagami Tomoyo - Clannad

Kotomi is just a shy girl, don't think she really fits IMO. Tomoyo is good though.

chibuki said:
Yell - Akikan!
Horo - Spice and Wolf

Definately. Kinda iffy with Horo though.

chibuki said:
Angela - Asu no Yoichi
Saginomiya Isumi - Hayate no Gotoku!
Zakuro Mitsukai - Dokuro-chan
Miyu - Mai-HiME (the one already listed is Glear from Mai-Otome)

Crud, I forgot who was Angela. Isumi is like Kotomi. Zakuro is fine (So now we have two Zakuros. Hooray). And Miyu... Gee, thanks for ripping yourself off, Sunrise!

chibuki said:

I'm tentative about the following, since there's "dandere", a variation of kuudere, and they might fall into that. Otherwise, they might as well count as kuudere~

*Googles Dandere* Sounds interesting. I would add "Dandere" to the club title if it wasn't long-ish already.

chibuki said:
Aihara - Kyou no Go no Ni (She's really like Strike Witches's Sanya Litvyak, so might as well include her)
Touka - Utawarerumono (is also potential tsundere)
Aruruu - Utawarerumono (pretty much the quiet cutesy type, but not often engaged in action)

Aihara is already there. Touka is like Sakaki, so there. Aruruu... Hmmm, sure.

chibuki said:
Suzume Saotome - Hyakko (?)
Machi - Nasagarete Airantou (?)
Nagi - Kannagi (?)

Suzume seems just childish to me, and Nagi is a tsundere (She's even voiced by Haruka Tomatsu, who is clearly trying to match Rie Kugimiya in the "I-like-voicing-tsunderes" category. Also pirates prevent global warming.) Machi is there too.

chibuki said:
Get prepared... This is gonna be long :P

And even more long after I'm done replying! *shot*

(Sorry for the few ones I didn't add, but hey, I might be wrong. Correct me if that's so)
Feb 17, 2009 5:44 PM

Sep 2008
chibuki, interesting list, like what Zettai said, some are a little bit iffy but sometimes the more the merrier right because listing kuudere type characters are difficult since its a greyish matter most of time but some of your listings are a definite no though.

Danderes? Thats a term I haven't heard yet but from also googling it, this guy's description of it is pretty interesting and I like what he mentions too http://bangin.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/%E3%83%80%E3%83%B3%E3%83%87%E3%83%ACdandere/
I'm for it if you would add dandere with your title, even if it will be a bit long lol.

Tsukamoto Yakumo from School Rumble, I'm a little skeptical about her, she isn't shy, just soft spoken but also doesn't really show emotions either. I think she mostly fits the club though. Its all up to you ZettaiRyouiki.
Feb 17, 2009 5:52 PM

May 2007
Thanks for the pointers. :) Listing characters under the "dere" family is no easy task for sure. Had some experience from the tsundere archetype, haha. There are lots of quiet shy girls like Kotomi, but not involved in major actions.

I've heard about kuudere before, but didn't know what it meant until yesterday when I stumbled across this real neat club. Pretty new neologism, as stated at tvtropes, and that brought me to dandere. I mean, even now, I'm still having problem separating normal quiet girls and kuudere, let alone distinguishing kuudere and dandere. XD
Feb 17, 2009 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
AshDragon said:
I'm for it if you would add dandere with your title, even if it will be a bit long lol.

Tsukamoto Yakumo from School Rumble, I'm a little skeptical about her, she isn't shy, just soft spoken but also doesn't really show emotions either. I think she mostly fits the club though. Its all up to you ZettaiRyouiki.

Then I'll add it. And if she doesn't show much emotions, I think she fits.

chibuki said:
Thanks for the pointers. :) Listing characters under the "dere" family is no easy task for sure. Had some experience from the tsundere archetype, haha. There are lots of quiet shy girls like Kotomi, but not involved in major actions.

Aye, aye. At least telling tsunderes is easier. And now I wonder if there's a "dere" term for shy girls... "Hazudere"?

chibuki said:
I've heard about kuudere before, but didn't know what it meant until yesterday when I stumbled across this real neat club. Pretty new neologism, as stated at tvtropes, and that brought me to dandere. I mean, even now, I'm still having problem separating normal quiet girls and kuudere, let alone distinguishing kuudere and dandere. XD

In all fairness, I didn't know of it either until only a few months ago. There "dere" family is just weird.
Feb 18, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
chibuki said:

Yeah I am too still lol, some characters are obvious and some aren't, so that always will have to leave it up to us for discussion to see if they really fit the club or not. Tsunderes are always obvious and easy to tell and with their catch phrases like: don't misunderstand, its not like, etc. while blushing.

ZettaiRyouiki said:

In all fairness, I didn't know of it either until only a few months ago. There "dere" family is just weird.

I noticed a pattern with me that I always like these type of characters but I didn't know a term would be given to them (from watching Kyouran Kazoku Nikki the second time I just had to google it finally since I heard the term mentioned there), I guess it would eventually happen since those archetypes are fairly popular with people. But yeah the thing with the "dere" family, those terms can only become "official" by fans spreading it around. And our club will help spread it around when people check anime characters here on MAL. So everyone will be familiar with it eventually. XD

But has the word dandere been use yet in any anime so far? I'm sure it will in some point of time though since kuudere was used in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, it just has to be projected long enough by fans.
Feb 19, 2009 12:23 AM

May 2007
lol I thought I'm the only newb here with the term. >D

Also good strategy, Ash. Perhaps the club's long title grabs more attention to people looking at character pages? :P

By the way, here's animesuki's "dere" Battle thing if you feel like further listing more characters. I'm not familiar with some of them, so can't help much there. Seems they have kuudere and dandere separated, so I'm having problem distinguishing - then again this club is for both!
Feb 19, 2009 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
This might be a little old school (no older than Eva, but less popular), but please add Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico. Hard to say whether she's Kuudere or Dandeere since she opens up emotionally later on in the series. Anyone else who's seen Nadesico, please help classify?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 13, 2009 1:40 PM
Feb 2009
My favorite emotionless girl from anime would be setsuna meiou of sailor moon
Mar 15, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
How about Teresa or Claire?
wouldn't they validate as Kuudere

Both characters wore a pokerface or a faint smile most of the anime,
but they both picked up a boy/girl to whom they showed some "Dere".

Both are from from Claymore
aswaniMar 15, 2009 10:10 AM
Mar 15, 2009 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
... also
despite beeing probably the most popular Kuudere
I don't see C.C. in the database....

Mar 16, 2009 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
C.C.? Oh, snap! Knew something was amiss. But problem solved.

As for the Claymore girls, I dunno but until someone comes out to tell me "lol ur wrong", I'll add them.
Mar 20, 2009 3:29 PM

Jan 2009
Mar 21, 2009 2:45 PM

Dec 2007
This is strange... When I click on the third page of this topic I always get redirected to the first page.
Mar 22, 2009 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
Gurenn said:
This is strange... When I click on the third page of this topic I always get redirected to the first page.

Yeah, that's happening to me too in other clubs besides this one. I don't think there is a 3rd page but its almost a third page but really not or something so we go to the first page when we click the 3 lol.

Hmm, C.C. is a kuudere isn't she? I wonder why I don't like her lol. But she applies to this club though lol. But why do I dislike her though? o_O

I'm not really sure why Shiki is on the list. http://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=3105 I guess she does fit the club though but something doesn't seem right. (I'm a bit sick right now so its hard to pin point the matters =P) Doesn't she seem to aggressive to be a kuudere/dandere? She also seems to display plenty of emotion too but I'm not really sure if she fits this club or not anyways. So she should stay in this club for now to see if anyone else come up reasons of why or why not.
Mar 22, 2009 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
jack4s said:
what about Jo?
http://myanimelist.net/character/565/Jo

Looks like she fits. So added.

Gurenn said:

Server issues. Many forum posts were lost. For Haruhi knows what reason, the page indexes stayed the same, causing the problem you just encountered.

AshDragon said:
Hmm, C.C. is a kuudere isn't she? I wonder why I don't like her lol. But she applies to this club though lol. But why do I dislike her though? o_O

I'm not really sure why Shiki is on the list. http://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=3105 I guess she does fit the club though but something doesn't seem right. (I'm a bit sick right now so its hard to pin point the matters =P) Doesn't she seem to aggressive to be a kuudere/dandere? She also seems to display plenty of emotion too but I'm not really sure if she fits this club or not anyways. So she should stay in this club for now to see if anyone else come up reasons of why or why not.

Well, CC is more of the "snarky" kind of kuudere, a sopposed to the "quiet" kind of kuudere (Like, say, Mai :P). Maybe that's the cause, or is related, or it's just me rambling incoherently.

Shiki... I'm guessing someone mentioned her, and since I don't know the girl, I went "sure, why not" and added her to the list. But that can mean she does't belongs there and I went too fast. So, if she doesn't fit, I can just go and take her out, no problem.
Apr 8, 2009 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
http://myanimelist.net/character/2393/Hotaru_Imai

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Apr 9, 2009 2:31 PM

Nov 2008
I thank thee. Added.
Apr 10, 2009 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
Akira is also missing from the list desu.
http://myanimelist.net/character/204/Akira_Takano

Apr 10, 2009 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
Added. Thank you.
Apr 11, 2009 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
You're welcome desu.
Robin totally belongs here, too.
http://myanimelist.net/character/299/Robin_Sena

Apr 12, 2009 12:00 AM

Nov 2008
Added her as well.
Apr 12, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
Excel from Kurokami should be in the list desu.
http://myanimelist.net/character/16269/Excel
And Lulu Bell too. She doesn't show any emotion desu.
http://myanimelist.net/character/5229/Lulu_Bell
RenaPsychoKillerApr 12, 2009 10:00 AM

Apr 13, 2009 5:48 AM

Nov 2008
How could I forget about Excel!? She is my favorite character from Kurokami!

Also, added.
Apr 13, 2009 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
Excel is my favorite too.

What about adding Tomoe? She rarely shows her emotions desu.
http://myanimelist.net/character/10680/Tomoe_Kashiwaba
And maybe Barasuishou and Kirakishou too.
http://myanimelist.net/character/1109/Barasuishou
http://myanimelist.net/character/3317/Kirakishou

Apr 13, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2008
Tomoe. sure, but on the two dolls I'm not too sure, specially Barasuishou...
Apr 15, 2009 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
http://myanimelist.net/character/11925/Ophelia

Apr 15, 2009 11:34 PM

Nov 2008
So now we're adding literature characters too?

Just kidding... added.
Apr 17, 2009 3:46 PM

Jun 2008
The wonderful and cold Ushio is not in the list desu.
http://myanimelist.net/character/3506/Ushio_Amamiya

Apr 17, 2009 11:22 PM

Nov 2008
Totally not related to the Ushio from CLANNAD, who doesn't fits here at all. Added.
Apr 23, 2009 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Yamamoto Yuri from Bokura ga Ita is clearly inspired by Yuki Nagato and her predecessor Ayanami Rei

ps. I didn't like the anime, noone can treat a Nagato inspired character like that
aswaniApr 23, 2009 8:43 PM
Apr 26, 2009 12:12 AM

Nov 2008
Never seen so I can't say, but added her anyway. Thanks.
Apr 26, 2009 10:14 AM

Jul 2008
hmm... maybe you don't want to see it :s:s:s
Apr 26, 2009 10:19 AM

Jul 2008
found another kuudere I believe: Nanami Kiri from Maria Holic
but I'm not so sure myself this time so...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kuudere, dandere, introverted and logical female love stories romance

kiwi0fruit - Sep 4, 2020

12 by kiwi0fruit »»
Apr 17, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Are robot waifus acceptable in this club?

Lennuh - Sep 12, 2023

3 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:21 AM

» Kuudere is (Not) a Personality

DrMondaiNashi - Nov 29, 2022

0 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Nov 29, 2022 8:41 AM

» The Neglected Group: Dandere

DrMondaiNashi - Jan 13, 2018

12 by DrMondaiNashi »»
May 31, 2022 6:02 PM

» Who are your favorite kuudere or dandere character(s)? ( 1 2 3 4 )

EtherSword - Mar 22, 2009

164 by Spicelit »»
May 15, 2021 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.