Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 9, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
So this season does really jump right into the Goddess Saga arc!

Well, I can't say that it wasn't a shame that the other girls' arcs weren't animated but MAYBE they'll cover it in other OVAs like Tenri's arc? Doubt it though.

Still though, really enjoyable straight out of the gate, what with our second goddess Apollo erupting from Kanon's love and then getting stabbed by Lune. But... Lune? The... psycho stab-yourself-in-the-hand-just-to-see-peoples-reaction Lune? Her smile is even creepy.

Other than that, it was really enjoyable. It does so happen that this first episode had to skim over a lot of the captured girls that weren't covered (even though those same girls made the cameo preview second season last episode) but I think they did the overview pretty well. After all, those arcs do happen to be... less enjoyable than the Goddess Saga arc. The only one (in the manga) that I did enjoy reading to its fullest was Yui's, after all. Keima enjoying Otome in that one snippet? "I understand the heart of a guy too" Ha! That's absolutely awesome.

Speaking of Otome... Yeah that skill's definitely a Chekhov's gun there. Oh Yui, Yui Yui Yui.

The confession scene by Kanon was great, by the way. It was... really cute.

OP definitely had the same feel of the other OP's of the previous seasons. Good listen. ELISA, right? Looking forward to the ED.

Loved it.
Jul 9, 2013 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
Ricetaffy said:
Still though, really enjoyable straight out of the gate, what with our second goddess Apollo erupting from Kanon's love and then getting stabbed by Lune. But... Lune? The... psycho stab-yourself-in-the-hand-just-to-see-peoples-reaction Lune? Her smile is even creepy.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2013 4:48 PM
Jun 2012
RediceRyan said:
Haven't read the manga. Saw the first 2 seasons about 8 months ago. It's a bit confusing in the beginning trying to remember everything that's happened.

It was pretty good.

This is the 4th anime to have a Ps Vita in it.

Haganai NEXT, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Oreimo S2 were the first 3.
PS vita ?? no ,bro its PFP..PFP...PFP keima favourite console...
anyway great START..for the 3rd season..but WHY they swap the characters...
can't be helped..seen it was rush..hope they do not change any major plot in the ARC.
Jul 9, 2013 5:51 PM
Nov 2011
I'm pretty mad that they summarized Yui and Tsukiyo (hope I spelled her name right). Like wtf, my first thought was there is no way in hell they are going to fit all of them in AND tell the goddesses story long enough to be able to give it a decent ending in line with the manga and I get this summarizing characters bs, WHY!?!? The manga is pretty popular from my understanding so I thought they could maybe give the other goddesses some OVA's to lead up to the animation. Sigh...while I am vastly disappointed I have waited quite some time to see the next season so I'll definitely be watching every episode. The amount of compression going on is about to be ridiculous though. That means his whole quest relapse might just end up being an episode or two, which will really tick me off. At any rate, at least I know they'll show Haqua's partner, she's a little weird, but in that you wanna know what she's gonna do next kinda way. Can't wait for the rest!
Jul 9, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2010
eworm said:
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc.

See, I read the manga. I remember why this arc was awesome. And it was because for the longest time we had no clue who the goddesses are, which girls they reside in. It was thrilling to see Keima trying to figure it out and every goddess revealed was a huge thing. This season throws it out of the f*cking window, showing ONLY the goddess girls in the OP itself (and one other, highly relevant one, the best one), removing all the fun. Not only that but the conquests they skipped were highly entertaining and some of them actually contained VERY IMPORTANT STUFF aside from the romance. How do you even manage to skip a giant monster destroying the city like a freakin' Godzilla?! HOW DO YOU SKIP THAT?!

This just became the first and only anime I justifiably dropped AND justifiably rated without getting through one episode. Congrats.

10/10 rage.
Worst adaptation ever? I would like to direct your attention towards Rosario+Vampire.
Jul 9, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2013
You do not know how long I've waited for this :3 anyways a great first episode, already read the manga so already know how it's going to end.
Jul 9, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2012
antonn said:
eworm said:
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc.

See, I read the manga. I remember why this arc was awesome. And it was because for the longest time we had no clue who the goddesses are, which girls they reside in. It was thrilling to see Keima trying to figure it out and every goddess revealed was a huge thing. This season throws it out of the f*cking window, showing ONLY the goddess girls in the OP itself (and one other, highly relevant one, the best one), removing all the fun. Not only that but the conquests they skipped were highly entertaining and some of them actually contained VERY IMPORTANT STUFF aside from the romance. How do you even manage to skip a giant monster destroying the city like a freakin' Godzilla?! HOW DO YOU SKIP THAT?!

This just became the first and only anime I justifiably dropped AND justifiably rated without getting through one episode. Congrats.

10/10 rage.
Worst adaptation ever? I would like to direct your attention towards Rosario+Vampire.
Please don't mention that here it will bring my rage.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2011
What the hell was that? They just killed the whole arc, like eworm said.

What happened to all the thought and effort that was put into the mystery of who the goddesses were and what would happen?? >>

Jul 9, 2013 7:24 PM
Nov 2009
I just hope they make OVA's for all of the skipped heriones, it'd be such a waste not to.
Jul 9, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
MM-Rosiie said:
What the hell was that? They just killed the whole arc, like eworm said.

What happened to all the thought and effort that was put into the mystery of who the goddesses were and what would happen?? >>

And here is my reply to what eworm said.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=628165&show=180#msg23343375
Jul 9, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2011
I rewatched/marathoned the previous seasons and OVAs a refresher but dam now I have to wait an episode a week now. Maybe if I start reading the manga itll help past the time. Great great episode Kanon was always my favorite girl.

Jul 9, 2013 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
Disappointed that the anime skipped about 50 chapters from the manga, guess i'm gonna have to check it out to know who the heck these girls were and anything else that happened : /
Jul 9, 2013 11:41 PM
Feb 2013
So Kanon remembers, and doesn't know what to do, so she goes for Keima, so sweet.
Jul 10, 2013 12:21 AM

Aug 2012
one thing that i found positive about the skipped conquests, is that now more people will try to read the manga to find out what they miss.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 10, 2013 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
Choroshi said:
one thing that i found positive about the skipped conquests, is that now more people will try to read the manga to find out what they miss.

Keikaku doori.
Jul 10, 2013 1:22 AM
Oct 2012
antonn said:
Choroshi said:

Keikaku doori.
That's what I'm saying about being an indirect commercial to the manga.
Jul 10, 2013 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
Even though they skipped alot of arcs they still did a good job with summarizing, I'm still disappointed with Manglobe though they should've really animated those arcs T_T
Jul 10, 2013 3:03 AM

Feb 2013
Was soo excited for this all year, Finally Katsuragi-kun makes his comeback.
The art was not too shabby too, actually it was fantastic especially on HD

~ROFL at Keima-neesama turning into a girl
Jul 10, 2013 5:31 AM
May 2009
NotShady said:
Even though they skipped alot of arcs they still did a good job with summarizing, I'm still disappointed with Manglobe though they should've really animated those arcs T_T

If they'd animated those arcs as the Third season I guarantee you'd never see a forth season. To keep the show afloat they had no choice but to skip to the Goddess arc. Read my earlier post for my full reason.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=628165&show=80#post91
Jul 10, 2013 5:35 AM

Mar 2012
japzone said:
NotShady said:

If they'd animated those arcs as the Third season I guarantee you'd never see a forth season. To keep the show afloat they had no choice but to skip to the Goddess arc. Read my earlier post for my full reason.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=628165&show=80#post91
Really agree with your point. I'm also insisting in this thread about it. Anyway even if this season used to cover regular capture arc ,wonder how long must I wait to get it into the Goddess Saga? The posibility is limited with the sale it recive.
Jul 10, 2013 6:22 AM
Jun 2013
SWEET EPISODE, I REALLY LOVE THE CONFESSION BY KANON <3

although im a bit dissapointed just like other fellows for the "whole thing", but this episode is good, 5/5
Jul 10, 2013 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
Holyshit! Epicness right from the get go!!!!
Keima!!! The God has returned.
Damn Lune! Your as vicious as you are in the manga O.O.
Epic Scene in the class btw made me jump out of my chair even though I was expecting it.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jul 10, 2013 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
bit disappointed.I really wanted to see Tsukiyo & Akari's Arc fully animated T_T
but atleast I won't have to wait too long for Shiori's Goddess Arc.
Jul 10, 2013 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
It feels weird with them skipping so much. There won't be the same impact of finding the Goddesses without the search through the previous girls.Plus the P and focus kinda gives them away.

The best part was trying to find out who the Goddesses were.

Should still be an interesting watch, but if I hadn't been caught up on the manga it wo uld be confusing/ I'd feel like I was missing a lot.
Jul 10, 2013 1:23 PM

May 2013
Seems many people have forgotten there was an OVA where Elsie formed a Rock Band.

I demand that Manglobe do a kickstarter campaign to animate into OVAs the following conquests:

1. Yui Goidō
2. Tsukiyo Kujyō
3. Hinoki Kasuga
Jul 10, 2013 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
cant w8 till ayumi goddess arc!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Jul 10, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
i am quite suprise when they didn't actually animated yui and tsukuyo arc..
these two are part of goddes after all.
i hope they will fully animated those two arc into an ova
especially yui arc.
btw. it nice to see twgok back.
Jul 10, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2008
XLNC said:
antonn said:
Choroshi said:

Keikaku doori.

Mostly people that illegally read manga online or people that read it in bookstore without purchasing it. The sales will likely not increase too much for that reason alone.

I repeat it, they couldn't afford to continue doing the conquest arcs and that's mostly the reason they went straight to the goddesses arc.
Jul 10, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2012
Shangetsu said:
XLNC said:
antonn said:
Choroshi said:

Keikaku doori.

Mostly people that illegally read manga online or people that read it in bookstore without purchasing it. The sales will likely not increase too much for that reason alone.

I repeat it, they couldn't afford to continue doing the conquest arcs and that's mostly the reason they went straight to the goddesses arc.
I got what you meant. I should have rephrased my sentence.
Jul 10, 2013 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
XLNC said:
Shangetsu said:
XLNC said:
antonn said:
Choroshi said:

Keikaku doori.

I got what you meant. I should have rephrased my sentence.
Wether they pay or not this season make more newcomer from anime-only viewer. And the more manga get attention more chance another project will be made either seasonal anime or some OVA.
Jul 10, 2013 7:16 PM
Aug 2010
It's finally back, it's a bad thing they had to skip all of those arcs but having read the manga I won't have a problem following the story.

One thing that must be done in the forum is avoid to list the arcs that were important and were left out of animation, that will spoil the anime only viewers.
Jul 10, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
Just saw someone post a goddess spoiler.
Don't talk about the manga here please ;-; We don't want to ruin it any more for the anime-only viewers
Jul 10, 2013 11:32 PM

May 2012
This season is going to be full of epic shit.
Jul 11, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2011
Dropped the manga(got too much fanservice as compared to earlier chapters).
So don't really know what to expect...
But I love it!
I think they did quite well summarizing it.
It reminds me why I like it in the first place. My craze over it. Why it was my favourite series for a long time.
Wish they animate Yui arc as well.
I hope they wont chopped off anything from Chihiro arc.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jul 11, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2010
A lot of people seem to be thinking it is/will be confusing for people who haven't read the manga, but I really don't think so. I haven't and there was certainly nothing confusing about that episode. I really enjoy this show, but I feel it's fair to say it's pretty samey - each girl certainly has her own unique story, but we know how each is going to pan out; effectively, the details don't matter. It really is enough to do what they've done and say 'so this is a girl Keima 'conquered' and this was her 'thing''. We can pretty much fill in the blanks from there.

I was expecting another season exactly like the first two, which was fine with me, but actually I think this was a good decision, not only for the financial reasons already mentioned, but just to keep it interesting and fresh.
Jul 11, 2013 6:51 AM

May 2011
The new OP is boss.

Although I'm not a big fan of the time skip, it was a bit of a necessary evil after thinking about it.

Not really liking the pace, but it appears that it'll only be for the first episode just to get the summary of the events out there. Especially considering how the second half went.

Jul 11, 2013 10:45 AM
Nov 2011
o_02g1 said:
Was soo excited for this all year, Finally Katsuragi-kun makes his comeback.
The art was not too shabby too, actually it was fantastic especially on HD

~ROFL at Keima-neesama turning into a girl

Jul 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
I wished that they wouldn't have skipped 8 girls, but ... ok.

Also, the new OP is fucking amazing. Thank you God Keima.
AkanezoraJul 11, 2013 11:12 AM
Jul 11, 2013 3:48 PM
Mar 2009
Keima is finally back. And dat first season's OP too.

Ouch, I can understand cutting down on a couple of the conquests between this arc and the last season, but two of them were kind of important...

Dat confession. Dat Asami cameo!

Dat stabber that is not Fiore...wait what. Wonder if they are seriously going to try to fit the entire arc into 12/13 episodes.
Jul 12, 2013 2:46 AM

Nov 2008
Heck, something went wrong. If they planned to skip conquests, they should have done it for girls who are not "candidates". I hope this won't lower the excitement of finding all the Jupiter sisters!

~oh please don't skip the details about Keima's teacher and that "mad professor"

Jul 12, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
Start feels fuzzy and rushed, maybe it was the manga chapters or something from previous seasons I don't recall
The new story is very interesting though and the comeback of Kanon and probably the other heroines
Keima is such a boss looking at the preview
Jul 12, 2013 8:22 AM
Feb 2009
this arc is where i began to acknowledge keima as true god
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 12, 2013 11:53 AM
Sep 2009
The compression of events was weird, but when you skip a bunch of arcs that is to be expected. Still, Kanon's confession had nowhere near the impact that it should have. I's also interesting that they had Lune stab Kanon instead of Fiore; I actually think it was a good decision to introduce Lune early on, she makes for a good villain.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 12, 2013 1:12 PM
Jan 2010
lol as an anime only watcher i've no clue what's going on
Jul 12, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
wailofthebanshee said:
lol as an anime only watcher i've no clue what's going on
Watch Tenri-hen OVA and you will know. Plus it have screen from Yonin to Idol OVA. Or you can just read manga.
Jul 13, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
Oh shit what the fuck was that?

Jul 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
That was way more dramatic than I was expecting.

I need to watch the OVAs... I'm missing something here...
Jul 13, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
BurntJelly said:
That was way more dramatic than I was expecting.

I need to watch the OVAs... I'm missing something here...
Yes watch he two OVA(well actualy three since Tenri-hen is two episode long).
Jul 15, 2013 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
I was very confused by the first episode and thought I skipped some episodes or forgot them. I'm relieved that my memory didn't fail me and I just need to watch the OVA to catch up?
Jul 15, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Sucks for the anime-only viewers.

But at least they're adapting the part with the best plot, in my opinion.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.