Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2013 5:03 AM

Mar 2012
Choroshi said:
HauntingShock said:

BUT. The biggest problem here probably is...

(Major spoiler. Somewhat.)

agree, that's what i thought when i was watching that part XD

But the better part is that the OP showing 7 girls.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2013 5:07 AM

Jun 2011
To be honest, I think the anime did a great job in summarizing all of Keima's remaining conquests up until the Goddess arc. Indeed it is a little fat paced for some, but its actually very enjoyable to watch. And to be honest, some of the other remaining conquests such as that ramen girl and some over competitive mahjong girl wasn't something I really did enjoy while reading the manga. My only complaint is that they could have animated a bit more of Yui's and Tsukio's arcs, seeing as they are the two remaining Goddesses. But overall they did a great job in summarizing all of the remaining scenes in under 10 minutes.
Rayn3698Jul 9, 2013 2:05 PM
Jul 9, 2013 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
Rayla said:
To be honest, I think the anime did a great job in summarizing all of Keima's remaining conquests up until the Goddess arc. Indeed it is a little fat paced for some, but its actually very enjoyable to watch. And to be honest, some of the other remaining conquests such as that ramen girl and some over competitive mahjong girl wasn't something I really did enjoy while reading the manga. My only complaint is that they could have animated a bit more of Yui's and Tsukiyo's arcs, seeing as they are the two remaining Goddesses. But overall they did a great job in summarizing all of the remaining scenes in under 10 minutes.
It's Tsukiyo. And I don't agree with Sumire. Her conquest is entertaining. Nanaka on the other hand is just filler.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2013 5:22 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 9, 2013 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
Choroshi said:
NeoAnkara said:

Jul 9, 2013 5:33 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my god, is this arc a dream? It's perfect so far. Keima has to revisit most of the girls he's captured so far from the previous two seasons AND there's a chance they might retain their memories. I couldn't ask for more. There was so much plot here.

I'm super hyped for the rest of this series. I loved how this ep was heavilly referencing the ova episodes, it turns out they were quite important events afterall. Love the idea of the Godesses, it serves as more reasons for divine imagery which is one of my favourite aspects of the whole show.

The more Kanon is on-screen, the more I like her. No wonder she's a very popular character. OP was great, it has a softer song than the second season but some of the scenes were more foreboding. All in all, this is one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most this season.
Jul 9, 2013 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
My god, this anime just went from romance/comedy to action/thriller/drama from what i see in this episode. I dont remember its respective manga chapters to be this intense.
Jul 9, 2013 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
edwd2 said:
My god, this anime just went from romance/comedy to action/thriller/drama from what i see in this episode. I dont remember its respective manga chapters to be this intense.
Sorry but you need to scretch the action part.
Jul 9, 2013 5:51 AM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:
Rayla said:
And to be honest, some of the other remaining conquests such as that ramen girl and some over competitive mahjong girl wasn't something I really did enjoy while reading the manga. My only complaint is that they could have animated a bit more of Yui's and Tsukiyo's arcs, seeing as they are the two remaining Goddesses. But overall they did a great job in summarizing all of the remaining scenes in under 10 minutes.
It's Tsukiyo. And I don't agree with Sumire. Her conquest is entertaining. Nanaka on the other hand is just filler.

and it's an awesome filler. It's the first time the manga showed Keima losing in games which never happened in his whole life. The Diana vs Keima (or Goddess vs. God) is heck entertaining.

Swimmer is the most calculated capture Keima have had because everything went according to plan which in a way is interesting to see because it's the first time Keima captured someone on the girls point of view as everything was told in swimmers perspective.

Sumire is subjective but that is a fun arc for me. Yui's arc is the best as it showed female Keima showing love for Otome games and the complexity of being in a women body for the first time. I don't mind skipping Hinoki and ghost kid though.

Overall every arc has it's own charms and it's disappointing to be just summarized in a 10 minute time frame.
Jul 9, 2013 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
-Quasar said:
NeoAnkara said:
Rayla said:
And to be honest, some of the other remaining conquests such as that ramen girl and some over competitive mahjong girl wasn't something I really did enjoy while reading the manga. My only complaint is that they could have animated a bit more of Yui's and Tsukiyo's arcs, seeing as they are the two remaining Goddesses. But overall they did a great job in summarizing all of the remaining scenes in under 10 minutes.

and it's an awesome filler. It's the first time the manga showed Keima losing in games which never happened in his whole life. The Diana vs Keima (or Goddess vs. God) is heck entertaining.

Swimmer is the most calculated capture Keima have had because everything went according to plan which in a way is interesting to see because it's the first time Keima captured someone on the girls point of view as everything was told in swimmers perspective.

Sumire is subjective but that is a fun arc for me. Yui's arc is the best as it showed female Keima showing love for Otome games and the complexity of being in a women body for the first time. I don't mind skipping Hinoki and ghost kid though.

Overall every arc has it's own charms and it's disappointing to be just summarized in a 10 minute time frame.
It's a necesarry sacrifice for the greatest arc in KamiNomi. And about Nanaka is that there is still someone above God where he get back at Diana later.
Jul 9, 2013 6:03 AM

Nov 2012
edwd2 said:

off topic, your sig made my day
TROLOLOL
Jul 9, 2013 6:04 AM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:
It's a necesarry sacrifice for the greatest arc in KamiNomi. And about Nanaka is that there is still someone above God where he get back at Diana later.

Not really since those arcs actually contributed to make the goddess arc much better, with the two of them being goddesses with Yui and Tsukiyo (although her arc isn't that good).
Jul 9, 2013 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
-Quasar said:
NeoAnkara said:

Not really since those arcs actually contributed to make the goddess arc much better, with the two of them being goddesses with Yui and Tsukiyo (although her arc isn't that good).
While I'm agree with that making their arc first would delay Goddess Saga season. And with two year waiting I don't think I can handle it anymore. Plus KamiNomi anime sale usualy not good.
Jul 9, 2013 6:10 AM
May 2009
Tomah said:
japzone said:
The way I see it. They'll probably make the other arcs into OVA series like they did for Tenri. Also there's a good chance they won't finish it all in the 3rd season so they'll probably need to make a 4th.

It's obvious that they had no choice but to skip to the Goddess arc. A show like this doesn't have a huge fanbase so convincing the investors that it was worth the money must of been a hellish task. I know a lot of people I've talked to didn't find the capture arcs as interesting as I did. Having a third season of that would have definitely hurt viewership/profits and we'd never have seen the goddess arc get animated. Hence why they shoved Tenri into an OVA and relegated 60 chapters to flashbacks, so they could push forward and cover the more interesting goddess arc. They know that this is the meat of the story.

So basically money trumped story faithfulness here. You have to give them props for the way they smoothly skipped the less critical arcs all while not actually altering the story much. It could've been much worse but they worked hard not to ruin the story(like what's happened to so many other series). They definitely kept the fans in mind when they were forced to make such a sad choice. Be happy we have such great people working on this Anime.

Think about it. We could've ended up in a situation like Negima. Two non-faithful adaptations and then a compressed OVA series that skipped over 200 chapters. Or how about what happened to Hayate no Gotoku? *crawls into dark corner* I think we're lucky, not unfortunate.

NOTE: I didn't bother to actually count chapters so forgive me if the numbers aren't accurate in this post.

Finally, a lucid commentary. Sure, it sucks that manga readers and specially anime-only viewers miss a lot of animated content and some important introductions, but thanks to this decision and Kaminomi's plot structure (you can easily put most captures into OVAs afterwards, and skipping them doesn't turn the plot into a mess), we get a season three. One might argue that a bad adaptation is worse than none at all, but Manglobe has done a good job so far, and this arc is one of the most important ones anyway.

Yep exactly the point I was trying to make. It sucks that they did this but it was inevitable. An Anime based solely around the conquests would've burned hard no matter how much we love them. The only way they could keep the Anime alive and funded was to skip to the goddess arc.
Jul 9, 2013 6:15 AM

Dec 2009
Now I'm angry. All Yui's fans must be ANGRY. How Manglobe dare skip her arc?
Jul 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Mar 2012
Linkark07 said:
Now I'm angry. All Yui's fans must be ANGRY. How Manglobe dare skip her arc?
Do you want to wait for another uncertain years to get another adaptation of Kaminomi?
Jul 9, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
HE'S BACK OMGOMG!!!!!
i am truly, very, enormously, unsatisfied with tsukiyo and yui's arc being skipped like that. they should reconsidered the fans that these two girls had. i don't know if they popped out a OVA's for them, but for this time, i am really disappointed.

Back to the Anime itself.
The Opening song are good, and i am truly happy with the art for this season. and the story, is what i said earlier, skipped a few arc. and for the ending scene, they swap a character(vintage), i think for the planning for the upcoming scene so the story isn't very long.

overall, this arc is my favorite, so i think i will give a very good score if the plot is improved or fixed.
** KANON u are beautiful today :))**
Jul 9, 2013 7:08 AM

Feb 2012
Ok these is a clear example of a series used for marketing stunts.As a big fun of the manga(I've been reading it from the early days)I really liked the first two seasons and that's why I am really disappointed in their attempt to make quick money by killing the whole story.Some may say that i judge too early but i doubt that after the success of the first two.So my advice to those who love the series and have not read the manga.Go and watch season 1-2 and start reading the manga from that point on, because at least for me the start of the season was a real buzz killer.
Jul 9, 2013 7:25 AM
Jan 2013
Whoa, ho, ho Kanon clinging to Keima, soooooo sweeet.
Jul 9, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
what the fuck is going on?

I don't get what the fuck is happening?

It's like they just skipped a whole bunch in between...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 9, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
just watched the sub version..
new OP I kind of like it.. but the OP of season 1 still the winner :p
btw, is it just me? or it is really became so fast? :o
well at last I understand what really happen here..

anyway, this i getting really seious and damn.. its getting more interesting and more awesome! XD
never thought if kanon would remember that kiss! XD damn.. kanoonnnnn~
next episode.. the preview I see chizuru talking to keima.. well it is just getting more interesting now..
9/10
Jul 9, 2013 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

HOLY!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

*deep breath*

... Kanon confessed... Kanon confessed!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
Heh they summarized/skipped some of the chapters(Some I have not even read yet, need to catch up XD).

Not bad though. At least the try to focus on the highlights.
Unless they get the same budget as naruto(Or perhaps maybe at least Fate/zero) this is the best that we can get.
Jul 9, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Goddesses arc !! Finally !
Jul 9, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2013
Yey another season i recently finish the second season and now its having a third season. Nice Start
Jul 9, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
Fuck Yeah... It's back....

But WTH... seems like they skipped lots of conquests...... Still Awesome Episode....

4.5/5
Jul 9, 2013 12:01 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc.

See, I read the manga. I remember why this arc was awesome. And it was because for the longest time we had no clue who the goddesses are, which girls they reside in. It was thrilling to see Keima trying to figure it out and every goddess revealed was a huge thing. This season throws it out of the f*cking window, showing ONLY the goddess girls in the OP itself (and one other, highly relevant one, the best one), removing all the fun. Not only that but the conquests they skipped were highly entertaining and some of them actually contained VERY IMPORTANT STUFF aside from the romance. How do you even manage to skip a giant monster destroying the city like a freakin' Godzilla?! HOW DO YOU SKIP THAT?!

This just became the first and only anime I justifiably dropped AND justifiably rated without getting through one episode. Congrats.
Jul 9, 2013 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
eworm said:
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc.

See, I read the manga. I remember why this arc was awesome. And it was because for the longest time we had no clue who the goddesses are, which girls they reside in. It was thrilling to see Keima trying to figure it out and every goddess revealed was a huge thing. This season throws it out of the f*cking window, showing ONLY the goddess girls in the OP itself (and one other, highly relevant one, the best one), removing all the fun. Not only that but the conquests they skipped were highly entertaining and some of them actually contained VERY IMPORTANT STUFF aside from the romance. How do you even manage to skip a giant monster destroying the city like a freakin' Godzilla?! HOW DO YOU SKIP THAT?!

This just became the first and only anime I justifiably dropped AND justifiably rated without getting through one episode. Congrats.
The OP always been that way only showing the relevant girl in the arc. Showing the 7 girl in OP is not a big deal because by the second episode the candidate will be eliminated to that number anyway. And it's not like that this series is guaranted to get another adaptetion anyway if it spend only on regular capture chapter even thought it is relevant in Goddess Saga. Another thing is that the craming they did is enough for the Goddess Saga to be make sense.
Jul 9, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
I guess this kind of adaptation is somewhat better than nothing at all.
Jul 9, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
eworm said:
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc..

Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst post ever? Very likely. And I didn't even read past the first paragraph. I didn't have to. You ruined everything with just that. The whole post..
Jul 9, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
game8910 said:
eworm said:
Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst adaptation ever? Very likely. And I didn't even watch past the opening. I didn't have to. They ruined everything with just that. The whole arc..

Oh, wow. I have... no words... for how horrible this is. Worst post ever? Very likely. And I didn't even read past the first paragraph. I didn't have to. You ruined everything with just that. The whole post..
This post is like when someone want a VN who doesn't have a true route to be adapted another route aside for the one that already served.
Jul 9, 2013 12:44 PM
Dec 2009
NeoAnkara said:
game8910 said:
eworm said:

This post is like when someone want a VN who doesn't have a true route to be adapted another route aside for the one that already served.

Can you put that into simpler terms please....it's kinda confusing?

Jul 9, 2013 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
kandiiyuutaamu said:
NeoAnkara said:
game8910 said:
eworm said:

Can you put that into simpler terms please....it's kinda confusing?
Basicaly it's like when he like if they adapting route girl A in VN when the girl that being adapted their route is girl B.
Jul 9, 2013 12:52 PM
Mar 2013
echiomega said:
why did they have to summarize it >.>

This.
Jul 9, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2012
saiku1502 said:
echiomega said:

This.
Because it is the best way. With the sale of DVD that is not promising would you want to wait for another uncertain years to get it animated again? Don't forget this is industry where it revolve around money.
Jul 9, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2010
What a freaking mess.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Jul 9, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
I haven't read the manga so I actually thought it was really good. Sure I would have liked to have actually seen all the other captures animated, but this episode was really entertaining.
Jul 9, 2013 1:47 PM
Dec 2008
Which chapters in the manga did they skip? Need to read it to catch up to the anime.

MaikShin said:

So, in summary:
Watch The World God Only Knows I and II (or read through them in the manga [Chapters 1-41)
Watch The Tenri Arc (or read Chapters 56-65)
Watch the Kanon OVA (or read Chapters 114-115)
Read everything else up until now (Chapters 42-55, 66-113)

This series does flashbacks from all of the above, specifically focusing on the conquests between 42-55 and 66-113. It is successful in its adaption I feel, but you will understand so much more by reading those.

Thanks

Wish the other conquests were at least made into OVAs before skipping this much. Rather have seen that then the formation of the band.
Jul 9, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
NeoAnkara said:
saiku1502 said:
echiomega said:

This.
Because it is the best way. With the sale of DVD that is not promising would you want to wait for another uncertain years to get it animated again? Don't forget this is industry where it revolve around money.

arghh,, seriously? :/
then its gonna be a last season? :/
Jul 9, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
now i only hope that they can make a satisfying ending for this season..

12 episodes are way too short but i still hope that this particular scene will get animated :

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 9, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Rayla said:
To be honest, I think the anime did a great job in summarizing all of Keima's remaining conquests up until the Goddess arc. Indeed it is a little fat paced for some, but its actually very enjoyable to watch. And to be honest, some of the other remaining conquests such as that ramen girl and some over competitive mahjong girl wasn't something I really did enjoy while reading the manga. My only complaint is that they could have animated a bit more of Yui's and Tsukiyo's arcs, seeing as they are the two remaining Goddesses. But overall they did a great job in summarizing all of the remaining scenes in under 10 minutes.

It all depends a person's personal opinion, in the end.
Jul 9, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
game8910 said:
eworm said:

It's just eworm at it again, get used to it.

The reason you liked the arc, what made it fantastic for you... they aren't the same for everyone.
Seriously, you actually read KamiNomi as a thriller? I couldn't give a fuck about who would be the goddesses while I read it and I probably enjoyed it as much as you did.
So yeah, you didn't like it because they didn't included elements/perspective on the work that you liked and I can understand that feeling. That happens to me a lot when I watch adaptations of show I've read the source material. Still it doesn't entitle anyone to call it a bad adaptation because of that reason alone and especially after a mere five minutes of watching.

Now if you actually watch the whole show and have sound arguments about why this is a bad adaptation as well as example where things were badly handed and suggestion on how it could have been improved then I could acknowledge your opinion as something more than a kid rambling because it didn't go his way.

Also you keep using the word 'justifiably', I don't think it means what you think it means.
Jul 9, 2013 2:07 PM

Jul 2008
makarov52 said:
NeoAnkara said:
saiku1502 said:
echiomega said:

This.

arghh,, seriously? :/
then its gonna be a last season? :/

Shangetsu said:

XLNC said:

On the other hand, The Goddess Arc seemed like an indirect, albeit a quite clever, commercial to the manga itself, as those who were confused on the story, or those who would like to know what they're missing, would be forced to read the manga.

This is unlikely.
The most probable reason is that there were too many conquest to continue at the pace the show was going.
Season 1 covered 4 conquests, season 2 covered 3 conquests. It is easy to see that at this pace it would take two others seasons before actually reaching the goddesses arc.
This is a bet that Manglobe cannot afford to makes. As the next season highly depends on the sale of the precedent season, the current season seems like a very reasonable way of handling it.
If they had continued to animate the manga so perfectly, there would have lot of fan that would be rebutted by the constant pattern of 'capturing girls + the story not going anywhere'. Therefore the best way to approach this was to actually head straight to the core of the plot, aka the goddesses arc.

The problem is how the time skip would be handled and I give props to Manglobe for that. Not only did they managed to seclude the important plot points of the arcs they skipped, they did so in an entertaining and clear manners. Deen should take example on how to do a recap of past events
Jul 9, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
Dako said:
Oh my god, is this arc a dream? It's perfect so far. Keima has to revisit most of the girls he's captured so far from the previous two seasons AND there's a chance they might retain their memories. I couldn't ask for more. There was so much plot here.

I'm super hyped for the rest of this series. I loved how this ep was heavilly referencing the ova episodes, it turns out they were quite important events afterall. Love the idea of the Godesses, it serves as more reasons for divine imagery which is one of my favourite aspects of the whole show.

The more Kanon is on-screen, the more I like her. No wonder she's a very popular character. OP was great, it has a softer song than the second season but some of the scenes were more foreboding. All in all, this is one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most this season.

The arc is not a dream. I recommend you read the manga to better understand this arc though because some of the girls he revisits is not shown to the fullest level. Besides its the best arc int he series :P
Jul 9, 2013 2:11 PM

Jun 2011
Orsonius said:
what the fuck is going on?

I don't get what the fuck is happening?

It's like they just skipped a whole bunch in between...

This season of KamiNomi skipped more than several chapters of the manga all the way up to the Goddess arc.
Jul 9, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
twonline said:
Fuck Yeah... It's back....

But WTH... seems like they skipped lots of conquests...... Still Awesome Episode....

4.5/5

This season of KamiNomi skipped more than several chapters of the manga all the way up to the Goddess arc.
Jul 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Dec 2012
Man I been waiting on this show. I always love the opening songs too.
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jul 9, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2011
Wow so good, I was not expecting that ending.
Jul 9, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
I really like this anime..
So sad so many skips :(

Oh well...instead of complaining..just support them by purchasing DVD BDs,,
If the Sales affects the so many skips so better support them.
Many of us watching anime for free so i think dont have the right to complain,
Jul 9, 2013 4:08 PM
Oct 2012
millhiore15 said:
I really like this anime..
So sad so many skips :(

Oh well...instead of complaining..just support them by purchasing DVD BDs,,
If the Sales affects the so many skips so better support them.
Many of us watching anime for free so i think dont have the right to complain,
This.

Showing support for show by buying the BDs/DVDs encourages the producers to create more. If this anime sells, there will be a higher chance for more OVAs, and possibly a midquel.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.