Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2013 5:52 PM

May 2011
My favorite anime is back :'D
So good. Bummed they skipped all of those chapters, but this series needs to pick it up on the attention list. This show needs to attract more viewers.
Jul 8, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
They skipped a part of the manga which is a shame i was looking forward to see some of those girls being captured in animation.
What was worse is that it went immediately to Kanon who is one of the few girls in Kami no Sekai that i dislike, shamefully she happens to be one of the favourite girls of the author.
Guess we have to live with it.

The biggest shame however is that we didn't get to see Haqua's lifestyle and her funny abstract partner.
And above all we don't get to see that scene!! (All Haqua fanes that read the manga should know which scene i mean)
Jul 8, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2011
kami no mizo shiru sekai megami arc without doubt it's one of the best arc in manga, in mangafox they even beat 3 top manga with initial N,B,F for a few month in rank 1.
without doubt it's 10/10 master piece

but too badddd kinda sad the other girl not exposed :( hopes they make ova for each girl just like tenri :( , even thou seems impossible to do that now :v

even thou i said that :3 i'll still watching till the end, since chihiro here will be so amazing :3
Jul 8, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2012
AWWW YEAHHH MORE ANIMATED TWGOK
I don't want to bitchin about that timeskip, hell season 3 is rare as fuck you know ???
and the OP song was GREAT *eargasm*
ranzeroJul 8, 2013 6:58 PM
Jul 8, 2013 6:35 PM
Dec 2011

The quick recap actually worked even though I was crying throughout it because they skipped all those wonderful arcs. I guess for those who don't read the manga it is a bit more confusing. The episode really picked up when it began focusing on Kanon and how she remembers.

Pray for OVA captures 2013.
Jul 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Oh I think I'll have to read the missing parts from the manga :o
Anyway it's good to see Keima back at stage yay >v<
Jul 8, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2011
I'm sorry, did I somehow miss an ENTIRE SEASON?!!? I guess they wanted to get to the good stuff, but skipping that many girls isn't fair, especially if some of them are important to the current plot! I was really looking forward to shogi girl, too...I guess I have to read the manga now.

That being said, this arc seems promising. No way am I dropping this after loving the first two seasons so much!
Jul 8, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good start I like how the focus is not for him to make girls fall in love with him but, to focus on the girls that already fell in love with him
Jul 8, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
Is it just me (To all manga readers)
Or do you really like Lune now? I'm incredibly hyped for the amount of screen time she might get. Ahahaha it's amazing. She seems like an exciting character.
Jul 8, 2013 7:10 PM

Jul 2011
It's fine skipping a few girls. It's all a standard affair anyway (they have a loose soul, Keima solves their problem, they kiss blah blah). It follows the same formula as the other characters. And when it's time for those characters' goddess to show up they'll will most likely expand a little more on them anyway.
Jul 8, 2013 7:22 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 1 and things already picking up

I love this anime
Jul 8, 2013 7:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
F*** recaps. Is this the new trend this year? First with Rozen Maiden now this? Adapt properly next time please >_>

Anyway, /rant
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
hoho 70 chapters passed in 7 minutes

also elcie's voice sounds a bit off to me but that might be because i haven't heard it in a while

i'll just jump on the hype train
Jul 8, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
They did it much better than I first expected but it was probably because that said expectation was near zero.

For those that are interested on Yui Goidō (The girl that Keima swaped body with) and Tsukiyo Kujyō (The girl obsessed about beauty who grew as small as a doll) but do not feel like reading the manga, here's a small summary taken from the Kaminomi Wiki for their arc.
It's somehow an important part to read because these are two key character this season.

Yui Goidō - Gender Bender Arc

Tsukiyo Kujyō - Moon Child Arc

I do not recommend checking the wiki pages themselves because there're some major spoiler on it. I simply secluded the information about the arcs which are a prequel to this season.
Jul 8, 2013 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
MANN I MISSED THIS SHOWW >.< Love the new OP :D This episode was pretty intense, can't wait for the next ep

Jul 8, 2013 8:04 PM

Oct 2012
Finally it's back, God, I've been waiting for this
Poor Kanon ;_;
This was a really nice start. I give it a 5/5.
Jul 8, 2013 8:10 PM

Apr 2010
So generic galge anime with no plot. 1/10 dropped.
Finally 3rd season is airing. I love this Arc.
Jul 8, 2013 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
MaikShin said:

Read everything else up until now (Chapters 42-55, 66-113)

This series does flashbacks from all of the above, specifically focusing on the conquests between 42-55 and 66-113. It is successful in its adaption I feel, but you will understand so much more by reading those.

Thanks! I'll read those chapters before I watch the Goddess Arc
Jul 8, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2011
HAHAHAHA. If you didn't read the manga you're gonna be confused as fuck.

5/5
Jul 8, 2013 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
antonn said:
So generic galge anime with no plot. 1/10 dropped.
Finally 3rd season is airing. I love this Arc.

Oh you
Jul 8, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
I'm really excited for the 3rd season, but really sad they summarized Yui's arc. That's one of my favorites! I hope there's an OVA for the one's they condensed at the beginning.
Jul 8, 2013 9:08 PM

Oct 2011
Decent start but I feel like I missed a crap ton.
Jul 8, 2013 9:14 PM

Jun 2013

Our based god Keima has returned.
Huzzah!

Too bad a ton of content was skipped.

Edit: Apologies for the width of the picture
LUCIF3RJul 8, 2013 10:29 PM
Jul 8, 2013 9:26 PM

Mar 2013
Ambient_ said:
HAHAHAHA. If you didn't read the manga you're gonna be confused as fuck.

5/5

I haven't read the manga and i'm not confused at all :p.
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jul 8, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2010
Iasuru said:

You did, if you haven't read the manga.
Jul 8, 2013 9:50 PM

Jul 2008
antonn said:
Iasuru said:

You did, if you haven't read the manga.

Alternatively, you can read the wiki summaries about the important arcs you missed I posted on another page.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=628165&show=100#msg23327483
Jul 8, 2013 9:51 PM
Oct 2012
Two thoughts on this issue:
On one hand, I find it interesting that many non-manga readers (from what I have seen in different forums) actually understand the story, or at least have a grasp of what's going on, despite the time skipping.
On the other hand, The Goddess Arc seemed like an indirect, albeit a quite clever, commercial to the manga itself, as those who were confused on the story, or those who would like to know what they're missing, would be forced to read the manga.
Jul 8, 2013 9:56 PM

May 2011
I like the episode it feels somehow new and refresh with this Goddess arc. The only thing I want to know is: In what points does the manga make the other girls arcs? I am curious how all this incidents happened to Keima. Hoping to be a great season of KamiNomi. Well just that and thanks.
Jul 8, 2013 10:06 PM

Jul 2009
Kanon Seiyuu's Change?
Jul 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
lksgman said:
I like the episode it feels somehow new and refresh with this Goddess arc. The only thing I want to know is: In what points does the manga make the other girls arcs? I am curious how all this incidents happened to Keima. Hoping to be a great season of KamiNomi. Well just that and thanks.

Between the end of the OVA and the start of the season 3.
The OVA finish at chapter 64, season 3 starts at chapter 114.

If you want to read the parts that they didn't cover then you should read chapters 65-113.

XLNC said:

On the other hand, The Goddess Arc seemed like an indirect, albeit a quite clever, commercial to the manga itself, as those who were confused on the story, or those who would like to know what they're missing, would be forced to read the manga.

This is unlikely.
The most probable reason is that there were too many conquest to continue at the pace the show was going.
Season 1 covered 4 conquests, season 2 covered 3 conquests. It is easy to see that at this pace it would take two others seasons before actually reaching the goddesses arc.
This is a bet that Manglobe cannot afford to makes. As the next season highly depends on the sale of the precedent season, the current season seems like a very reasonable way of handling it.
If they had continued to animate the manga so perfectly, there would have lot of fan that would be rebutted by the constant pattern of 'capturing girls + the story not going anywhere'. Therefore the best way to approach this was to actually head straight to the core of the plot, aka the goddesses arc.

The problem is how the time skip would be handled and I give props to Manglobe for that. Not only did they managed to seclude the important plot points of the arcs they skipped, they did so in an entertaining and clear manners. Deen should take example on how to do a recap of past events
Jul 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2007
So glad I took a few extra hours to read the manga so that the jump from 2nd season to Goddess arc wasn't as "huh?" as it might've been....

Although I pretty much forgot everything that happened in the 1st season so I guess it works out =x

Surprised they found 'Apollo' rather fast though...how many Jupiter sisters are there really I wonder....I'm guessing 6?
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 8, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
Ikano said:

Surprised they found 'Apollo' rather fast though...how many Jupiter sisters are there really I wonder....I'm guessing 6?

That is correct.

Jul 8, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
The Capturing God is back! I can already see the ending!!
Jul 8, 2013 11:54 PM

May 2010
So many arcs were not adapted. Where to start now... I love the 3rd season but so many girls got..
Jul 9, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
Well it's finally back after the long wait but Geez as a non manga reader that start was a clusterfuck of confusion lol thank fully people have done a small guide on what to read might as well read em between each week.

on top of that the Goddess arc seems pretty major
Jul 9, 2013 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
The 1st episode is done.
Now lets stop talking about skipping arcs and the pacing and enjoy the show. :D
(BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE HAQUA AND DIANA SCENE AT THE THEME PARK ;-;)
Jul 9, 2013 12:36 AM
Dec 2011
Exbo said:
Is it just me (To all manga readers)
Or do you really like Lune now? I'm incredibly hyped for the amount of screen time she might get. Ahahaha it's amazing. She seems like an exciting character.

Lune is great but I feel bad for Fiore.
Jul 9, 2013 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
They should have animated all the godess candidates before going onto this arc. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't read the manga. Other than the flashback being rushed and so obvious, the rest of the episode was really good.
Jul 9, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2012
what the hell T_T they... they skipped quite a lot of conquests!! oTL

oh well, at least the OP was better than 2nd Season, and i can see my angel Ayase Haqua again in this episode..

now i wish there'll make OVAs for all the girls who didn't get the chance to appear in this season..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 9, 2013 1:24 AM

Mar 2012
Well dissapointed aside I'm glad that my long awaited adaptation of my favorite manga is out.

And next is scramble formation when the real harem begun and Keima switch his mode to becom devil.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 9, 2013 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
Man....they skipped A LOT!

But honestly, I don't care, the Goddess arc is by far the best arc of TWGOK.

I'm looking forward to this new season very much!
Jul 9, 2013 2:32 AM

Jan 2011
The World God Only Knows is back, yeahhhh!! I kinda feel sorry for the non-manga readers although they did a recap of the girl conquests that were not animated between season 2 ending and season 3 beginning. Although season 3 even says the 'Goddesses Arc' for a reason.

This first episode was fantastic! Kanon going to Keima for help and even confessing to him and was done perfectly. Apollo is such a reckless and naive goddess. That scene with Apollo getting stabbed was pretty brutal. Oh how I missed Keima playing games in class. So glad we'll see more of Haqua and Diana this season. :)
5/5
Jul 9, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2011
Why didn't the animators get through Yui and Tsukiyo first instead of summarizing their arcs? D'8 (please ignore this fangirl)

Oh well, at least the goddess arc is animated really well. And since the final moment of the arc is one of the best scenes as well, I can't wait for it to be animated~

But wait, I thought that in the manga Fiore was the one who stabbed Apollo. :/
Jul 9, 2013 3:01 AM

Dec 2012
FINALLY A PLOT

I'm so happy they skipped to the goddess arc. I read all the other girls conquests way back but stopped before this arc, so this is fucking perfect for me :D. 5/5.
Jul 9, 2013 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
That fast plot progression....

I like it though.

This is gonna be good. REAL GOOD.
Jul 9, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2013
I Loved episode 1 I can sense a great story line, I also loved this part of the episode.
Jul 9, 2013 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
Finally~ Been waiting for long :D
OP was nice... haven't gotten into it too much yet though.
As expected, they used a flashback and rushed it... but otherwise, it was well animated. Still can't get over the fact that they changed Fiore to Lune though... I won't be able to see those "other" scenes anymore D:

BUT. The biggest problem here probably is...

(Major spoiler. Somewhat.)
Jul 9, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
HauntingShock said:

BUT. The biggest problem here probably is...

(Major spoiler. Somewhat.)

agree, that's what i thought when i was watching that part XD

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 9, 2013 4:24 AM

Jun 2009
I'm devastated. I'm fine with skipping swimmer and Sumire (not really) but skipping Yui is unacceptable.

I've seen this coming since the Tenri OVA but god damn.
Jul 9, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2009
I had a feeling they were going to skip a lot of content...it hurts to see it actually happen (I really liked some of those arcs). Despite that, I'm sure it would have started to feel a bit repetitive for some people. The goddess arc is definitely one of the best and is seemingly where the "real" story starts.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.