Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2009 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
vaberella said:
noteDhero said:
Hmm, I don't really like this movement in Kitamura's character, it seems out of place, and not in step for someone of his personality. Maybe the next episode will explain his problem a little better.

I'm starting to dislike Minorin. This back and forth between nosensical, and faux-introspection is not working for me. Also, this "unseen" metaphor that they are starting to use is just to forward and not all that well-thought.

Amen to all of the above!!!! Wow, I appreciate everything you've said because this is exactly what crossed my mind. I have, however, been disliking Minorin since before the Beachhouse ep. Though I do have to say the Beach House ep just solidified my dislike because it's way too contrived.

As for Kitamura, I saw this as well. However, I also think he might be in love with the President and I wonder if he had proclaimed to her and she rejected him. However, she could have also found he's not ready for the job and told him that. Or, if she did reject him, his whole thing is not about wanting the position of President, but wanting the President and getting the seat means nothing if he can't have her with it.

A bit outlandish but I get the feeling he might have a thing for the Pres and she basically said it had to do with her in the ep. I also think that Ami is fully aware of the situation. Remember out of everyone Ami is the one that has known Kitamura the longest and as Minorin said knows him the best. She probably does see and understand everything with him and think he's being silly in acting out. So I think that's where they're going with it...however I could be wrong.

I'm still at a loss by the idea of Minorin being paired up with Kitamura...since this episode showed they were even further apart considering it dealt a lot with Ami or Ryuuji/Taiga.

I have to say I was entertained and fairly pacified by the Taiga/Ryuuji moments because there's been a while since I've seen their introspective moments while together. It was nice to see it again and I was glad they brought it in this ep.

On a final note...who was also FREAKED by Ryuuji's eyes, at the end of the ep, when Taiga declared she was running for the seat of Madame President?! It was scarier than when he was in the race. I guess he's going to be her body guard.

As an aside this was my favorite ep since the Beach House ep, it had everything I wanted. Huge character development for everyone. From the President to Ami, Minorin and Kitamura, to having my favorite couple of Taiga/Ryuuji and Inko-Chan/Ya-chan. So I can't be disappointed. I do have my doubts as to where they were going, however I think I have an understanding...based on the past eps and the spoilers I know from the manga. So I can tolerate them. Overall though, this is a missed element in some of the eps for me and it makes up for the last 3-4 eps where I wasn't as happy although they were good.

Yeah, I know it has something to do with the president, but I don't understand really what she could have said. He knows she's leaving, so everyday he doesn't say anything is a day closer to her graduation. He just seems to intelligent to act out so childishly for me, even if it was love.

I always found Minorin strange, but what they're doing lately is lacking in direction.

I think Ryuuji's eyes were like that from a lack of sleep. I felt like Taiga kept him up trying to figure out a way to solve the Ryuuji mess. But I could just be filling in ridiculous holes with my imagination.

Actually your last statement may have some credence, I didn't think of it that way. Because she has done it before with the breast pads. ^_^ But his eyes, didn't look the same. Like this time he seemed to have the intent to kill anyone who was going against her. I could be wrong, but if I compared the look it was different. But again, it's not like they have the same artists at the same time on him or as if he's real to see something consistent or not. So again, you might be right.

Definitely some specs on my part. I'm not really sure what the Pres could have said either, but it was definitely coming from her end based on her response and his reaction when she responded to his reaction. Plus when she said she didn't care or wanted anything to do with the situation two things happened that grabbed my attention. His reaction to her statement and he looked utterly gutted and the second thing was Ami's reaction which said to me that Ami definitely knew something was going on.

This also goes back to the Beach House. Remember what Ami said to Kitamura at the Beach House? She said something along the lines (paraphrasing), "You never miss school activities. Why are you here..?" This always stayed because at first I saw it more along the lines that Ami may have some untapped romantic feelings for Kitamura (which I think I read incorrectly at the time) and that she cares deeply for him because of their relationship. But now I'm thinking that it has more to do with the President than I originally thoguht and that the writers were laying the ground work to build that up. It may seem above board but...I'm starting to think that more and more. Not to mention that the show has established that there is something, of course undiscussed or detailed on screen, between Kitamura and the Pres.

As for Minorin. Most definitely. I think her nonsensical attitude always rubbed me the wrong way. I can see on some weird and twisted level if I squint real closely why there are people who equate her to Suzumiya, Haruhi (as I've seen her compared too in the past) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...but Suzumiya made sense. She was excitable, quirky and fun but she made perfect sense and you can definitely tell that girl was probably suffering from ADD if nothing else. Minorin on the other hand...and as I've said before the scenes of her all eratic and otherwise pointless introspection (which I just find don't make sense (I understand them and get the point but find them worthless to the scene)) does nothing for me.
Jan 15, 2009 5:40 PM

May 2007
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:
This episode was a little whack. It's obvious that Kitamura had some kind of feelings towards Kanou and whatever happened between them, I can't see Kitamura going so out of control as he did. Well, then again, I don't really know what the problem is, so I guess I'll had to hold judgment until I find out.

Jeez, the way this episode was, it seems like both Ami and Minorin also have some messed up problems that will be sorted out later. This could go downhill rather quickly. Let's hope it doesn't.

I thought it was obvious the other way around, Kanou had feelings for Kitamura (she was seen looking in on him during the festival as he was commanding the class)... but then again having it the other way around would help explain why he's acting like a tard right now. Maybe he did have feelings for her and she broke things off because she's graduating and he just went ape shit because of it. Either way they definitely have some kind of connection that we don't know about. Minorin's feelings for Kitamura also showed in this episode when she got serious and said she was arrogant..etc. I think Ami knows what's going on but chooses to stay out of it. Taiga and Ryuuji seem to just be out of the loop and have no idea whats going on.

PS. Not gonna update the relationship chart this week since there wasn't any proof that anyone's relationship changed.

I don't think Minorin has feelings for Kitamura. I think the previous episode where Ryuuji decided to choose the picture of him and Minorin holding hands as they cross the finish line shows that she is slowly realizing her feelings for Ryuuji. As for this week's episode, the way I perceived that situation was that Minorin obviously has some messed up problem of her own to deal with (the fact that she's dishonest in some way, shape or form) and seeing Kitamura react in this absurd fashion is making her realize that she's not all that Ryuuji believe her to be. Or what not...
Jan 15, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2007
Abmanju said:
Lolol @ Takasu's mum xD
And Aisaka asking for ice-cream lolol
Brilliant Ep as usual!

~Abs

My favorite scene in this episode was Yasuko's reaction when Ryuuji and friends woke her up. Her reaction was perfect and she said so much without ever opening her mouth.

Anyways the episode was good. My other favorite scenes were the conversation between Ryuuji and Minorin, and the late night stroll to get snacks. The latter was especially good in developing the chemistry between the two characters. The relationship between Taiga and Ryuuji does seem more like brother and sister at this time,which probably guarantees they will end up in an intimate relationship soon judging by recent anime standards.
Jan 15, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
vindemon64 said:
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:
This episode was a little whack. It's obvious that Kitamura had some kind of feelings towards Kanou and whatever happened between them, I can't see Kitamura going so out of control as he did. Well, then again, I don't really know what the problem is, so I guess I'll had to hold judgment until I find out.

Jeez, the way this episode was, it seems like both Ami and Minorin also have some messed up problems that will be sorted out later. This could go downhill rather quickly. Let's hope it doesn't.

I thought it was obvious the other way around, Kanou had feelings for Kitamura (she was seen looking in on him during the festival as he was commanding the class)... but then again having it the other way around would help explain why he's acting like a tard right now. Maybe he did have feelings for her and she broke things off because she's graduating and he just went ape shit because of it. Either way they definitely have some kind of connection that we don't know about. Minorin's feelings for Kitamura also showed in this episode when she got serious and said she was arrogant..etc. I think Ami knows what's going on but chooses to stay out of it. Taiga and Ryuuji seem to just be out of the loop and have no idea whats going on.

PS. Not gonna update the relationship chart this week since there wasn't any proof that anyone's relationship changed.

I don't think Minorin has feelings for Kitamura. I think the previous episode where Ryuuji decided to choose the picture of him and Minorin holding hands as they cross the finish line shows that she is slowly realizing her feelings for Ryuuji. As for this week's episode, the way I perceived that situation was that Minorin obviously has some messed up problem of her own to deal with (the fact that she's dishonest in some way, shape or form) and seeing Kitamura react in this absurd fashion is making her realize that she's not all that Ryuuji believe her to be. Or what not...

Or she is dishonest about her feelings, for Kitamura in particular :P Her problem is obvious, she has problems with being able to love and see it in other people. Whether that means for Ryuuji (Imo he is almost off the market now) or Kitamura, we will see.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 15, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2007
Swiftstylez said:
vindemon64 said:
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:

Or she is dishonest about her feelings, for Kitamura in particular :P Her problem is obvious, she has problems with being able to love and see it in other people. Whether that means for Ryuuji (Imo he is almost off the market now) or Kitamura, we will see.

Alright, let me put it this way. There was an episode in the past where Minorin told Ryuuji to essentially "take care of Taiga" because she noticed how clingy Taiga was to Ryuuji and practically her entire well-being was in Ryuuji's hands because he pretty much takes care of her. Now, with the last episode, I feel Minorin is realizing her feelings for Ryuuji, but because she already pushed him away, she is trying to deceive herself in thinking she doesn't (or rather is incapable) of loving Ryuuji (if you remember her admission during the whole beach episode where she said that she didn't think she was capable of love (or something along those lines)). That's why she's being dishonest. Not to mention she doesn't want to betray Taiga (her best friend) in any way, because I think that she thinks Taiga likes Ryuuji deep down...or whatever.

We have gotten absolutely no evidence from any of the episodes that Minorin has feelings for Kitamura outside of friendship. When she asked Taiga and Ryuuji to accompany her to his house, it was clearly out of worry for his well-being...as a friend. Again, that may change in the future, but as things stand now, nope.

As for Ryuuji being off the market, you may have addressed that in one of your previous posts stylez (but forgive me for not reading them because I don't want to go through that many posts), but I feel he's still up for grabs, so to speak. Yes, he likes Minorin, and though Taiga has expressed her "ownership" of Ryuuji, we really haven't gotten any evidence either that she is jealous of Ryuuji liking Minorin. The exact oppositte actually, she supports Ryuuji's advance for Minorin. And Taiga is still clearly enamored with Kitamura, but I feel in this episode, she realized that she's hasn't supported Kitamura at all and doesn't feel she is worthy for him and MAYBE, feels inferior to Kanou. And its the same with Ryuuji. We have not seen any jealousy or anything from him in response to Taiga's pursuit of Kitamura. He's also still supporting that.

And Ami clearly has a thing for Ryuuji too, but we haven't gotten to her "supposed" arc yet where we deal with her messed up problem...whatever that may be, so who knows how that will turn out *Shrugs*
VK11Jan 15, 2009 6:34 PM
Jan 15, 2009 6:35 PM

Nov 2008
vindemon64 said:
Swiftstylez said:
vindemon64 said:
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:

Alright, let me put it this way. There was an episode in the past where Minorin told Ryuuji to essentially "take care of Taiga" because she noticed how clingy Taiga was to Ryuuji and practically her entire well-being was in Ryuuji's hands because he pretty much takes care of her. Now, with the last episode, I feel Minorin is realizing her feelings for Ryuuji, but because she already pushed him away, she is trying to deceive herself in thinking she doesn't (or rather is incapable) of loving Ryuuji (if you remember her admission during the whole beach episode where she said that she didn't think she was capable of love (or something along those lines)). That's why she's being dishonest.

We have gotten absolutely no evidence from any of the episodes that Minorin has feelings for Kitamura outside of friendship. When she asked Taiga and Ryuuji to accompany her to his house, it was clearly out of worry for his well-being...as a friend. Again, that may change in the future, but as things stand now, nope.

As for Ryuuji being off the market, you may have addressed that in one of your previous posts stylez (but forgive me for not reading them because I don't want to go through that many posts), but I feel he's still up for grabs, so to speak. Yes, he likes Minorin, and though Taiga has expressed her "ownership" of Ryuuji, we really haven't gotten any evidence either that she is jealous of Ryuuji liking Minorin. The exact oppositte actually, she supports Ryuuji's advance for Minorin. And Taiga is still clearly enamored with Kitamura, but I feel in this episode, she realized that she's hasn't supported Kitamura at all and doesn't feel she is worthy for him and MAYBE, feels inferior to Kanou. And its the same with Ryuuji. We have not seen any jealousy or anything from him in response to Taiga's pursuit of Kitamura. He's also still supporting that.

And Ami clearly has a thing for Ryuuji too, but we haven't gotten to her "supposed" arc yet where we deal with her messed up problem...whatever that may be, so who knows how that will turn out *Shrugs*

Yeah I agree with what you are saying TBH. It could also be that Minorin cannot come to realise that she actually likes Ryuuji, and also the same for Kitamura with Taiga, hence why he rejected her flat out at the start. He probably had too many issues to deal with at the time within himself. Ryuuji and Taiga could stay close friends, hence the title still makes sense. What I meant by being almost off the market is that they are pretty close to showing which way his relationship is going to go lol.

However, since I have always seen Taiga ending up with Ryuuji... I think the story would then have to go with Kitamura x Minorin, in regards to not being able to come to grips with what they want and not being able to see it. However, I am totally for Minorin x Ryuuji if it does happen. I will still love it.

And I just put two and two together and realised that the star scene was another ghost/the first scene of the first ep analogy.

"The stars look like they're close to each other but they're far away. It's like Kitamura and I, The things you see aren't always real. How hard must I try to see the unseen truth...".

I'm leaning more towards Ryuuji x Taiga, Minorin x Kitamura happening, yet as I said, the reverse combination could happen too. It's just that both of them are really unseen towards each other atm and it has shown that they suit each other a lot more so far in the series. Ryuuji's like towards Minorin and Taigas towards Kitamura is no secret... it isn't hidden at all. The series is showing that love will hit when you least expect it to, and the friendships are progressing closer.
AnistylezJan 15, 2009 6:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 15, 2009 6:40 PM

Sep 2007
I thought Kitamura's change in personality was out of place. It's like they've suddenly tacked on this depressing side onto him out of nowhere. There was barely any development of him to even show such a side.

Lulz at Ryuuji's milf.
Jan 15, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
I think anyone who claims they have a grasp of who is going to end up with who is clearly bonkers. This anime has done such a fantastic job of setting us up for any possible pairing happening at any time that it's impossible to know what will really happen. There is no evidence that Kitamura and Minorin will definitively end up together - absolutely none. There is just as much eveidence for Takasu and Minorin. Heck there is even evidence now of TaigaxMinorin, what with her "I wonder if I'm a lesbian" comment. Plus, her little talk in this episode could be construed toward Takasu, Kitamura OR Taiga. lol. Now I'm not saying I think Minorin's gonna turn lesbo on us, but I'm just saying there is no way you can conclude anyone will match up with anyone at this point. it's absurd.

Personally, I like where Kitamura and Minorin are headed. I like that their characters are more real now and not just sideshow stuffers. Besides, if there's a chance Minorin will end up with someone at all, then she has to have that real side and she's been showing it more, either for Takasu or Kitamura's sake. She's not an automotized bunny you can turn on just to see her jump off the walls.

And frankly, I think you guys have it all wrong about the President and Kitamura. Most of you assume one of them likes the other, but I just don't get that. What I feel is happening is that the President has asked Kitamura to run as the next president, and he wants to, but not unopposed! He doesn't want to be handed the job on a platter - which is what Taiga has figured out. He says he doesn't want the position, but he actually does, so why doesn't he run? So, I think that's why he will be happy to see opposition. I looked at the next episode's preview and you'll notice Kitamura with his normal hair color back - he's gonna become serious about it now, I think.

on a sidenote, kudos to Ya-chan's kicking them out. That was frikkin hilarious. I LOVE this anime. Can I say that enough? I pray every day there will be a second season.... and a third....................... and a fourth.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 15, 2009 7:47 PM

Feb 2008
I hope nobody hooks up, since that's usually the end for any series and I want ToraDora to continue for at least another 25 episode season. After those two seasons, they can pair whoever they want to, it's all good.

Anyway, ToraDora seems to be the most mature school romance/comedy anime I've seen. Definately a contender for best written anime of 2008-2009.
Jan 15, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
Good episode, but I so wanna do ryu's mom....
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 15, 2009 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
To be honest, when I got into this anime I didn't think it would be one of those animes that would make you speculate the entire time of who's going to end up with who. It reminds me too much of animes like Rumbling Hearts or Clannad that I despise.

Granted I'm sure a lot of the speculation on my part is due from listening what other people have to say. From my point of view, I think its pretty blatant that Ryuuji and Taiga are going to end up together, but there are still those people who press all other possibilities lol. From the looks of it, Ryuuji is as emotionally distant as Taiga is from Kitamura. Whereas Ryuuji and Taiga are so emotionally understanding of each other, they just don't realize it.
Jan 15, 2009 8:12 PM

Nov 2008
kuroshiroi said:
I hope nobody hooks up, since that's usually the end for any series and I want ToraDora to continue for at least another 25 episode season. After those two seasons, they can pair whoever they want to, it's all good.

Anyway, ToraDora seems to be the most mature school romance/comedy anime I've seen. Definately a contender for best written anime of 2008-2009.

Rumor has it there might be a second season in the works so you might be right they won't finish the hook up. I believe the light books are finished for now. But due to popularity you never know what Manga artists might do.

I do think it's a contender for best written anime, as for mature. I think in relation to comedy and character development it takes the cake---and the maturity expressed through that is good. Definitely Taiga and Ryuuji's introspective moments and relations. Whenever stuff goes on between them it's definitely impacting.

noteDhero said:
ohh, ohh, i just had an idea...more for shits and giggles. What if the wrestling script is a parallel for what's happening now. That picture reminds me of the two of them during the wrestling match.

I know, I'm overreaching, it was just a thought though.

Hmmm...you might be right. Did I not just make a whole declaration on how I find the Beach House as a tapping in moment to complexities in Kitamura and the President's relationship? Your's have total credence and I can see that as definitely a likely scenario. Definitely not overreaching.

DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:

Minorin's feelings seemed only to go as far as friends go. I saw the same reaction from Ryuuji and Taiga. I could easily say that Ryuuji then has a man-crush on Kitamura if we're going by that scenario. Shoot, it could be double dose and be seen as Kitamura having a man-crush on Ryuuji considering who's house he ran too when he had his drama attack.

mcjazzman32 said:
I think anyone who claims they have a grasp of who is going to end up with who is clearly bonkers. This anime has done such a fantastic job of setting us up for any possible pairing happening at any time that it's impossible to know what will really happen. There is no evidence that Kitamura and Minorin will definitively end up together - absolutely none. There is just as much eveidence for Takasu and Minorin. Heck there is even evidence now of TaigaxMinorin, what with her "I wonder if I'm a lesbian" comment. Plus, her little talk in this episode could be construed toward Takasu, Kitamura OR Taiga. lol. Now I'm not saying I think Minorin's gonna turn lesbo on us, but I'm just saying there is no way you can conclude anyone will match up with anyone at this point. it's absurd.

Personally, I like where Kitamura and Minorin are headed. I like that their characters are more real now and not just sideshow stuffers. Besides, if there's a chance Minorin will end up with someone at all, then she has to have that real side and she's been showing it more, either for Takasu or Kitamura's sake. She's not an automotized bunny you can turn on just to see her jump off the walls.

And frankly, I think you guys have it all wrong about the President and Kitamura. Most of you assume one of them likes the other, but I just don't get that. What I feel is happening is that the President has asked Kitamura to run as the next president, and he wants to, but not unopposed! He doesn't want to be handed the job on a platter - which is what Taiga has figured out. He says he doesn't want the position, but he actually does, so why doesn't he run? So, I think that's why he will be happy to see opposition. I looked at the next episode's preview and you'll notice Kitamura with his normal hair color back - he's gonna become serious about it now, I think.

on a sidenote, kudos to Ya-chan's kicking them out. That was frikkin hilarious. I LOVE this anime. Can I say that enough? I pray every day there will be a second season.... and a third....................... and a fourth.

Actually we don't have it all wrong.

This is behind spoiler tags because it mentions the relationship between the manga and the show but gives no details to the manga and what is in the show...considering I haven't read the entire thing as it's not translated in full. By anime standards, the manga is on episode 7. That's 8 episodes back. So when I've said I've been spoiled, I've actually been spoiled by the anime in relation to the manga---although the manga has more detail. Yet, to not deal with name calling since I think people would have a little respect this is behind spoiler tags.

All the notes in bold are the added explanation that apparently is a spoiler...~sigh~

I do agree that they're moving away from cardboard figures but they are far from 3 dimensional since there is a lot that needs to put out there.

A lot of people are pushing Kitamura/Minorin, not because they fit each other or are even established on screen but because they think they're likely ie due to the fact they like Minorin and want her hooked up to a main or they think as mains they should end up together and/or added to the last scenario they dislike Ami and don't see her ever hooking up with Kitamura. What's even sadder, out of all the people, and Minorin clearly says it the person who understands Kitamura the BEST is Ami. Not her, or Ryuuji or even Taiga, but it's Ami who understands him. I'm not saying Ami is going to end up with Kitamura but she defnitely has a bigger chance than Minorin has and this episode says nothing different to that.

Plus the show clearly established that there is something going on and probably romantic between the President and Kitamura, if you disagree or choose to ignore it then you're not watching the show clearly.

There might be a second season I have heard, but there's rumor for a third. I haven't heard of a fourth. I'm waiting for the live action though.

Defiance said:
To be honest, when I got into this anime I didn't think it would be one of those animes that would make you speculate the entire time of who's going to end up with who. It reminds me too much of animes like Rumbling Hearts or Clannad that I despise.

Granted I'm sure a lot of the speculation on my part is due from listening what other people have to say. From my point of view, I think its pretty blatant that Ryuuji and Taiga are going to end up together, but there are still those people who press all other possibilities lol. From the looks of it, Ryuuji is as emotionally distant as Taiga is from Kitamura. Whereas Ryuuji and Taiga are so emotionally understanding of each other, they just don't realize it.

Take the time out and start reading the manga. If you need translated ones then do so. First off the manga is different in the detail it puts into the story and the development is richer. The manga clearly puts out the lines and the relationships that are being established. The show is busy on character development so at times it sacrifices the borders on relationships that the manga is doing.

Of course the manga hasn't gotten very far in translation. The scantalators are still on volume 1 while the book goes into several volumes...like we find out more on Kitamura's feelings in volume 6 and you'll most of the people who are pushing assumptions on Kitamura may not have it right. All in all, I think the show is great, but the manga is much more wicked.
vaberellaJan 15, 2009 10:22 PM
Jan 15, 2009 8:45 PM

Feb 2008
I loved Ya-chan in this episode. I was waiting for her to get serious at some point during this show and it finally happened. I am happy.

P.S. I hated Ami when they first introduced her....but right now I really want her and Ryuuji to get together.....even though it's not going to happen.
Jan 15, 2009 8:48 PM

Aug 2008
Aisaka for president!

Ya-chan's angry face was made of win.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 15, 2009 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
Ok, vaberella, Deathfire, and one other person who's name i'm foretting. This is my theory for the end. I hate putting these things out here because I normally end up dead wrong, but I just remembered Rumbling Hearts and School Rumble. I was always bothered by the unbalanced nature of the main characters, and because of that, I've come to this conclusion.

I think no one is going to end up with anyone because everyone likes someone else and the feelings aren't mutual. I think Ryuuji is going to finally figure out that Minorin is too much for him, but still not go for Ami, and like Taiga instead. This will probably happen at the very end of the show as Taiga is hot on Kitamura's tail. Kitamura will not accept Taiga's feelings either because he isn't interested or, he notices Ryuuji for real this time. Ami is still in love with Ryuuji, and Minorin recognizes her feelings for Ryuuji as well, probably after Ryuuji comes out and says it (ala Kitamura/Taiga).
Jan 15, 2009 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
DUDE.... vaberella... that was really an ASS move. Thanks alot. Because I really wanted to get part of the story spoiled ahead of time since I, along with many people, don't read the manga. We appreciate that.

Mod Edit: Please don't insult other members.
asandariJan 16, 2009 8:04 AM
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 15, 2009 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
DUDE.... vaberella... that was really an ASS move. Thanks alot. Because I really wanted to get part of the story spoiled ahead of time since I, along with many people, don't read the manga. We appreciate that.

How, where and what did I say that spoiled it. I gave out no information except that some people's ideas may not be on track and that is not limited to anything, since I haven't read the end of the manga.
asandariJan 16, 2009 8:05 AM
Jan 15, 2009 9:17 PM
Oct 2007
I think it's okay to speculate who will end up with who but it's also important to look at Toradora in the bigger picture. Sure, it's a romantic school comedy that's also very slice-of-life-ish but I feel like what this anime is trying to get at is not really "romance" anymore.

All I can say is bonds/connections have been created between 5 well developed characters, each one influencing the next. Their bonds can be strong or weak but in the end, they are memorable to the characters as well as ourselves. It has become a very bittersweet yet heartwarming tale about "friendship" and the realization that someone will always be there for you.
Jan 15, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
exactly why I don't think anyone is going to end up with anyone. It'll be one of those "laugh off the complications of our lives" endings. More heartwarming and overall making this more coming of age than an actual romance.
Jan 15, 2009 9:23 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Ok, vaberella, Deathfire, and one other person who's name i'm foretting. This is my theory for the end. I hate putting these things out here because I normally end up dead wrong, but I just remembered Rumbling Hearts and School Rumble. I was always bothered by the unbalanced nature of the main characters, and because of that, I've come to this conclusion.

I think no one is going to end up with anyone because everyone likes someone else and the feelings aren't mutual. I think Ryuuji is going to finally figure out that Minorin is too much for him, but still not go for Ami, and like Taiga instead. This will probably happen at the very end of the show as Taiga is hot on Kitamura's tail. Kitamura will not accept Taiga's feelings either because he isn't interested or, he notices Ryuuji for real this time. Ami is still in love with Ryuuji, and Minorin recognizes her feelings for Ryuuji as well, probably after Ryuuji comes out and says it (ala Kitamura/Taiga).

I don't know the ending myself to tell you the truth. Unlike the poster a few posts above me would like to think I said, neither have I laid claim to knowing the end. I never saw School Rumble either...which I do have on my list, manga/anime together. I do think 95% of it seems logical. I can see maybe Minorin declaring to Ryuuji but that will be too late and as somethign might have come to terms for Ryuuji/Taiga. I just think they are the real finale and everyone else is up in the air. I do think there is something going on with the Prez and Kitamura but I don't know if there will be anything that comes out of that. I don't know if that is set in stone. Ami is definitely the one left out in the cold the most though and hence the reason I'm cool with her hooking up with Haruta-chan. ^_^

I do however support a lot of your input, but I do think that maybe later on Taiga will stop chasing after Kitamura. I still think she's in some way into him by default. She's into him because he declared himself to her and said he liked her and was probably the first boy to do that. Remember her statement to Ryuuji when he came to find out. She basically said she was scared and freaked when Kitamura declared. So she's responding back and holds a special place in her heart for the guy who said he liked her. So I see her side as infatuation that may change and move on. Ami, you might be right on. She moved from toying with Ryuuji just to annoy Taiga to something more. So I thnk she might still be in love with him in the end. As for Minorin, as I said...she might declare but be too late. Or as she's about to declare she sees something between Taiga and Ryuuji. But meh..that's so atypical that they may not do that, as in my bit of speculating.

Annisa said:
I think it's okay to speculate who will end up with who but it's also important to look at Toradora in the bigger picture. Sure, it's a romantic school comedy that's also very slice-of-life-ish but I feel like what this anime is trying to get at is not really "romance" anymore.

All I can say is bonds/connections have been created between 5 well developed characters, each one influencing the next. Their bonds can be strong or weak but in the end, they are memorable to the characters as well as ourselves. It has become a very bittersweet yet heartwarming tale about "friendship" and the realization that someone will always be there for you.

There will be romance. This is established on the listing. If it didn't have the romance and it is slice of life ONLY I would agree. Remember, and I've used this in the past...The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is almost in a similar direction in building and establishing friendships but there is NO romance listed so it's not to be expected.

This lists romance as a part of the story, so I think it is to be expected. But over all I do agree because the writers and producers have developed a great rapport amongst the characters. I think they've done well in developing the very well developed characters of Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami.I think they're doing great job on developing Kitamura (finally). However I think Minorin needs more work they've laid some grounding to adding more to her in future.
vaberellaJan 15, 2009 9:27 PM
Jan 16, 2009 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
Woah Kitamura ... big change, looks weird D: lmao awesome end scene xD, lol @ Takasu.
Jan 16, 2009 12:42 AM

Nov 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

I agree, I don't think it is definite but I have two couples which I am leaning towards. On the president though, I'm pretty sure it is a confession by the president. It ties in with what I think is going to happen, but hey I could be wrong.

kuroshiroi said:

MMMM... 2 seasons of a Romance/Comedy... argh... Even if it is THAT good, I don't know. It has felt painful waiting in anticipation for the ending as it is, but to wait another year would literally kill me lol. I am on the fence on this one.

Jigero said:
Good episode, but I so wanna do ryu's mom....

LOL, I think everyone does, it goes without saying

Jan 16, 2009 12:48 AM

Nov 2008
vaberella said:

This lists romance as a part of the story, so I think it is to be expected. But over all I do agree because the writers and producers have developed a great rapport amongst the characters. I think they've done well in developing the very well developed characters of Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami.I think they're doing great job on developing Kitamura (finally). However I think Minorin needs more work they've laid some grounding to adding more to her in future.

Yeah and the whole series has been a build up to romantic relationships, and there has been plenty of romance in people being turned down, people liking each other etc as it is.

I didn't get much out of the spoilers that really sways my opinion, though I did skim them so I didn't read anything that I wouldn't want to LOL
AnistylezJan 16, 2009 12:51 AM

Jan 16, 2009 12:55 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
eghh i want this anime to end already and for ppl to finally just pick the one they like....
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 16, 2009 1:45 AM

Nov 2008
Swiftstylez said:
vaberella said:

Yeah and the whole series has been a build up to romantic relationships, and there has been plenty of romance in people being turned down, people liking each other etc as it is.

I didn't get much out of the spoilers that really sways my opinion, though I did skim them so I didn't read anything that I wouldn't want to LOL

Nothing I said was spoilers. You can read it and notice. However, a comparison between manga/anime doesn't scream spoiler unless I say something specific, considering there were several angles proposed by the poster I was responding too. You can atest to my statements since they're things I've said to you in episode 14 posts. Not to mention things I've said in general in episode 13 posts. Not much different here.

Naruleach said:
eghh i want this anime to end already and for ppl to finally just pick the one they like....

It can be quite frustratingly...considering the drama is a bit superficial and this is not action packed. I notice that when a story is action packed with romance, with well developed characterization as here...most people don't even see the romantic element and just think good story.

Although the film Dororo doesn't have multiple pairings, a lot of guys liked it because they found no romance. While I could list scene after scene that was blatant romance. However, I agreed that the action and story was so good that the romance was not important to the greatness of the film.
Jan 16, 2009 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
I love the ending of this episode. Taiga for president? hehehe.

Also, It's so cute how Rie Kugimiya potrays Taiga so well.

Jan 16, 2009 3:05 AM

Mar 2008
I would be very shocked if Taiga actually becomes president. And I guess the whole school too. o_O

Besides that, Kitamaru looks very nice with blonde hair. He should keep it! =P
Jan 16, 2009 3:31 AM

Nov 2008
Teddy said:
I would be very shocked if Taiga actually becomes president. And I guess the whole school too. o_O

But did you see Ryuuji's face behind her? I had the distinct feeling that people would be way too scared not to vote for her. ^_^

His face, at that moment, made me nervous. I'd welcome his racing face any day than that face.

If anyone wants to be nice...could they freeze frame that pic with Taiga yelling into the mike and Ryuuji looking like Charles Manson... Pretty please. ^_^ I'd like to put it on my profile section.

As for the blonde hair...I think I'm the only one, actually I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who thought it looked more like mucus green than really blonde. I just didn't see it. My sister saw it blonde, I saw it just as a lighter colour than his natural green muck.
vaberellaJan 16, 2009 3:40 AM
Jan 16, 2009 4:52 AM

Feb 2008
His hair is way too yellow. I guess that's just the type of art style this show has, though.
Jan 16, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
vaberella said:
Teddy said:

But did you see Ryuuji's face behind her? I had the distinct feeling that people would be way too scared not to vote for her. ^_^

Haha exactly. Awesome episode 5/5. And Ryuji's mom after waking up = win
Jan 16, 2009 9:04 AM

Dec 2008
So the council president really dumped Kitamura.
What an iceblock XD

I don't really like Kitamura,thats all I have to say...

Nice episode, but I hope next episode will be better...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2009 9:06 AM

Oct 2008
Kitamura was born to be student councel prez and nothing more. I liked the episode. I hope Taiga becomes of aware of the differnces in personality and interests between her and Kitamura.
Jan 16, 2009 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
yaaay, Kitamura-kun has finally joined the chicken-blonde club!!! LOOOOOL

2 vabarella and other longposters in the discussion:
soulelleJan 17, 2009 1:40 AM
Jan 16, 2009 10:45 AM

Mar 2008
wow, serious stuff.
nice.
i loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2009 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
soulelle said:
yaaay, Kitamura-kun has finally joined the chicken-blonde club!!! LOOOOOL

2 vabarella and other longposters in the discussion:

Thanks soulelle---may I just say I love your user name. It's bloody genius. I speak French so I picked up a lot from it. You might want to put your post in spoiler tags as I'll do to your post...or you'll be acussed as myself of being a rather insulting term. I'll pm you as well.

Fabienne said:
What an iceblock XD

Did she? I don't know if she did. I don't know if she was dating him to dump him, or if he declared to her and she said no. Or she could have easily said she's seeing someone which might have hurt him if he had some feelings for her.

Rebella said:
Kitamura was born to be student councel prez and nothing more. I liked the episode. I hope Taiga becomes of aware of the differnces in personality and interests between her and Kitamura.

Remember she's always been aware Rebella. Remember in the first eps where she's banging the pole and then Ryuuji joins her she specifically stated that Kitamura didn't understand her. She knows the differences and she says it again in this ep. I think though, she's still holding on to the infatuation with a death grip though.

vaberellaJan 16, 2009 1:33 PM
Jan 16, 2009 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
I can't find it. Where it is?
Jan 16, 2009 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
hativnatka said:
I can't find it. Where it is?

Find what?
Jan 16, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Ahh! Kitamura is so annoying >w<
But good ep! :]
Jan 16, 2009 4:21 PM
May 2008
Great episode and the whole Kitmaura/blonde thing reminded me of Sunohara (Clannad).
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 16, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2007
durrr, needs more Minorin :(
Jan 16, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

Your theory is the most rational so it might happen. I'm still hopping for Ryuuji and Taiga to hook up though. In the end we're gonna see everyone's true face and hopefully learn all the things they've been hiding from each other.
Jan 16, 2009 8:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
What ending? This is a slice-of-life comedy series more than a serious romance series... Come on, does anyone really need to end up with anyone?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 16, 2009 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
Blond hair...oh my gosh!!!
Jan 17, 2009 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
my first thought was "Onizuka?", but now its just kitamura wanting attention ,and help. the best was when taiga hit him in the face, i was like "nice shot!", that was pretty funny
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 17, 2009 12:44 AM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
What ending? This is a slice-of-life comedy series more than a serious romance series... Come on, does anyone really need to end up with anyone?

NO IT IS NOT. It is primarily a Romance/Comedy and has minimal slice of life tendencies at all...Sorry to those who I offend, but slice of life anime by themselves generally suck (Azumanga Daioh). It is an insult to the genre to call it as such. Regardless of whether anyone ends up with anyone, there has been plenty of romance and plenty of comedy.

I think people have to end up together or else is is going to make the whole punchline of the show really depressing. The show constantly has "eventually finding love although not easily" themes throughout it, and if the people try so hard and are still not able to see it... hah, it'd be sad.
AnistylezJan 17, 2009 12:49 AM

Jan 17, 2009 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
haha kitamura blond scared me out at first
........in a party nigth the only game they played was tetris,......haha
ryuuji sleeping with taiga was so cute ·_·
...cant belive that sa-chan knew kitamuras father.....
so taiga is the school president...candidate....omoshiroi
a good epi is coming out next
i cant wait to see how minorin really thinks...she amuzes me somethimes
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 17, 2009 1:07 AM

Apr 2007
Ami so ronery
Jan 17, 2009 4:29 AM

Dec 2008
vaberella

[quote=Fabienne said:

What an iceblock XD

vaberella said:
Did she? I don't know if she did. I don't know if she was dating him to dump him, or if he declared to her and she said no. Or she could have easily said she's seeing someone which might have hurt him if he had some feelings for her.

I think she never dated him ,but I think she dumped him at ep 14 minute 14:30,after Kitamura confessed his love to her
Jan 17, 2009 6:51 AM

Nov 2008
Fabienne said:
vaberella

[quote=Fabienne said:

What an iceblock XD

vaberella said:

I think she never dated him ,but I think she dumped him at ep 14 minute 14:30,after Kitamura confessed his love to her

I equate "dumping" to have been dating, in order to be dumped. Unless you mean she rejected him after he declared his feelings to her? Then as I said, I can understand.

Swiftstylez said:
wakka9ca said:

NO IT IS NOT. It is primarily a Romance/Comedy and has minimal slice of life tendencies at all...Sorry to those who I offend, but slice of life anime by themselves generally suck (Azumanga Daioh). It is an insult to the genre to call it as such. Regardless of whether anyone ends up with anyone, there has been plenty of romance and plenty of comedy.

I think people have to end up together or else is is going to make the whole punchline of the show really depressing. The show constantly has "eventually finding love although not easily" themes throughout it, and if the people try so hard and are still not able to see it... hah, it'd be sad.

I wouldn't agree to being plenty of romance. I think there was the potential for romance, and definitely romantic feelings being shared all around but there is no "real" proper romance on screen and this is what provides the sense that this isn't a romantic show for a lot of people. It's seen as a great friendship show more so than romance and I can respect that.

I do believe that there will be romance as you said and agree that this is definitely a romantic show because of the elements to romance and the amount of romantic interest and declaration that has been bestowed between characters. I mean, that's hard to ignore and say doesn't exist as you even point out. However, I do see where the non-romance posters come from....yet it is very different from slice of lifes without romance and those with romance. I wouldn't call them boring, because I didn't find The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya boring at all, I think it's one of the bests, but it's definitely NOT romantic nor with romantic elements and can not be compared on the romantic (or to romantic pairing levels) as Toradora!.
vaberellaJan 17, 2009 6:57 AM
Jan 17, 2009 7:49 AM

Nov 2008
Bah, not enough cute moments. Taiga's tears seemed to gush out all in one go, which looked silly. That scene was kinda badly made, though the nearest scene to a cute moment.

Kitamura getting punched in the face was awesome.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Yesterday

19 by Pepino_curt0 »»
Today, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.