Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Gooood fight, I like how Ban's power suits him perfectly.

I'm thinking about the origin of their powers. It's kind of hard to tell since each of the deadly sins seems to have several unique powers but I believe that at least one of them is coming from their sin:

Ban - greed - snatch
Meliodas - wrath - strength (?)
Diane - envy - ?
King - sloth - levitation
Jul 1, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
One of Meliodas' powers is reflecting enemy attacks with more force if I remember correctly. Fitting for wrath.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 1, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
Zhou said:
Ban - greed - snatch
Meliodas - wrath - strength (?)
Diane - envy - ?
King - sloth - levitation

Diane's power has something to do with the manipulation of the earth/ground, can't remember the name at the moment. It was mentioned as being a common trait of the giant tribe though, so she may have some other ability.

Nidhoeggr said:
One of Meliodas' powers is reflecting enemy attacks with more force if I remember correctly. Fitting for wrath.

Yup, meaning Ban is going to have a nasty surprise next chapter if he doesn't know about it (or just forgot).

Another theory could be that he stole a little too much of Meliodas' power and can't control it well... and if the rumors about Meliodas being some sort of demon are true...
Jul 1, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2010
crevette said:
Another theory could be that he stole a little too much of Meliodas' power and can't control it well... and if the rumors about Meliodas being some sort of demon are true...

O-ho! That's a pretty interesting point. I'd sort of enjoy seeing that start to happen, then having those Holy Knights decide to step in to protect the audience, if need be.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 1, 2013 4:43 PM
Jan 2013
Ban a vampire??? steals energy, immortal/heals rly fast and he has vampire like teeth.... tho i doubt it but it does seems a little bit similar
tomtomr92Jul 1, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 1, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't full counter a special trait of Meliodas' sword?

crevette said:
It was mentioned as being a common trait of the giant tribe though, so she may have some other ability.

Yeah, since it has nothing to do with her sin, she must have another ability.
Jul 1, 2013 5:56 PM
Mar 2011
tomtomr92 said:
Ban a vampire??? steals energy, immortal/heals rly fast and he has vampire like teeth.... tho i doubt it but it does seems a little bit similar

inb4 Elaine turns into Bella.
Jul 2, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2011
Woah, I can't believe Ban just took it all like that. I wouldn't be surprised if things turned south for him from that. :O
Dec 8, 2013 5:44 PM

May 2013
Ban's power is pretty sick o_o
May 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
Ban's power is too OP :O But Meliodas still keeping up and even being in the lead at some points was awesome!

Loved the repetitive throws that Meliodas did and esp the punch when he crushed Ban's hand O_O

Ban totally reminded me of Hisoka in that gay scene XD
Nov 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm, not sure I really like Ban's power, it just seems too . . . Cheap. Like, every power should have limits and stuff, stealing "strength" opens up his power to things like "stealing life" or "stealing a person's soul", etc. etc.
Feb 6, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, Ban's pretty hax with both his immortality & his ability snatch. That said, this fight has really been entertaining & I'm definitely looking forward to it's conclusion.
Oct 17, 2017 10:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Captain is tired, he is on the floor!!! kekeke
Jan 22, 5:15 PM
Oct 2022
A little better than the previous chapter because they are now fighting for real. Ban is immortal and Meliodas has infinite power, they both manage to practice their tactics a lot, although I think Meliodas isn't being as strategic. Ban has some interesting powers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.