Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2009 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
-- I'll start by saying I absolutely love this series & this post isn't intended to flame the show or its creators at all -- ^_^;

I'm kind of surprised (or maybe not) that no one has brought this up before, but the the graffiti art in the ending animation of MtH reminds me a lot of MUTO, a urban artwork done by an artist called BLU.
MUTO was painted & shot in Buenos Aires (Argentina) & Baden (Germany?). The video features urban art murals painted on public walls "brought to life" using stop motion photography.
He has been doing this style of urban art painting for several years in locations all over the world. His blog has examples of his art dating from 2000.

I'm kinda curious to know if he was involved in the MtH production at all, because I haven't seen anything mentioning him anywhere related to this series (though I may have easily missed it) & his work is released under CCL: (by-nc-nd) which specifies no derivative works, commercial applications, etc.

I wouldn't go so far as to claim the ED animation is a direct rip-off of his artwork but I wouldn't be surprised if the inspiration for that sequence came from his work at least. It's hard to believe otherwise since I haven't seen this type of urban graffiti art elsewhere. The resemblance to BLU's style in the MtH ED sequence, especially the guy sprouting wings, is just too similar to be pure coincidence imo.

or am I just waay off base here... ?

MUTO: http://www.blublu.org/sito/video/muto.htm

MtH ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJo6UI14cQ

~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

242 by Perrin4869 »»
May 14, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

56 by Perrin4869 »»
May 13, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.