Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2013 5:32 AM
Jun 2013
nbibest said:
This was not the ending I expected. I really did hope to clarify a few things... Nothing really changed from the 12th episode. As one title said "His, her's and her's lives stay fucked up". I hoped to hear some more touching monologues from Hachiman, maybe more clues to his relationship with the girls. "But I know you now." <- and what are you going to do if you know him, Yukinoshita? It seemes like NOTHING at all.

This could have ended far more better. They like to fu*k with us, never give us the ending we deserve. I had big expectations for this final episode. And they ruined it. Those smiles on their faces like they know everything is gonna be all right... well we don't... we want to find out.

It seems my prayers to a good ending remain unanswered. Once again.

Well that's because this 13th episode is an Anime only episode. Meaning? It's not in anyway connected to how the LN goes so of course it won't clarify things from the LN.

Technically, the 12th episode IS the final one and the 13th is a treat given by the author to close off the series. In terms of food, the 13th is a dessert in comparison to the main dish which is about episode 2-12, 1 being the appetizer, the introduction.

"I know you now." By this Yukinoshita is basically implying that their relationship has grown, developed from mere schoolmates to acquaintances perhaps friends. This isn't your typical RomCom where everything is cleared up in one season because it focuses on Social Psychology more so than actual romance.
Jun 28, 2013 5:40 AM

Aug 2010
Saika won the Yahari? All is well if well is all.

An entertaining episode, though you can clearly feel that it's an anime original. A pity Hachiman got disqualified, he came up with a great plan. 4/5.

And so ends one, if not the, best show of the season...really loved the ride, Higikaya-kun was an excellent protagonist, I hope we'll see him again. 8/10.
Jun 28, 2013 5:40 AM

Feb 2013
Lol was the picture he showed everyone supposed to be Saber? :P

Yukinoshita just taking all those headbands like a boss :D

Why no season two T-T this show was so good!!!
Jun 28, 2013 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
Loved this series! I am going to miss it. >.<
Hachiman is the best MC I've seen in a while. His smile at the end ^.^
Jun 28, 2013 5:54 AM

May 2010
Good last episode with the outro monolog was better tho.
Jun 28, 2013 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
I'll wait as long as it takes for a second season

9/10 and Hachiman earned his place on my favourites.
Jun 28, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
I really loved this series way more than I thought I would.

The characters, their chemistry, Hikigaya's monologues, the comedic moments, the dramatic moments, everything fit my tastes perfectly. If only there were more series like this.
Jun 28, 2013 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
For3veR said:
another terrible ending to an average anime. without a doubt the worst anime season in a while.

6/10, the title misleading at best. no idea what the author's definition of romance and comedy is but there was close to ZERO especially since both words are found in the title. misleading marketing >_>

Lol the title is a joke. It's making fun of the long generic rom/com LN titles. Someone didn't get what the anime is about :o
Jun 28, 2013 6:28 AM
Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:

Lol the title is a joke. It's making fun of the long generic rom/com LN titles. Someone didn't get what the anime is about :o

Yeah, sadly a lot of people didn't "get" this show.
Jun 28, 2013 6:29 AM
Jan 2013
Im gonna miss this series, hoping for season 2 =))

10/10 for me , i like hachiman's monologue

super like =)
Jun 28, 2013 6:51 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Laughed so much at the part where Hikigaya mentioned that Hiratsuka-sensei mentioned she is young twice. Ahahaha.

Seriously love Hikigaya, so that was his plan with the bandage... and he was the decoy's decoy which played the decoy so he can be the decoy's decoy! Hahaha. Decoy-ception.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2013 7:07 AM
Jun 2013
For3veR said:
another terrible ending to an average anime. without a doubt the worst anime season in a while.

6/10, the title misleading at best. no idea what the author's definition of romance and comedy is but there was close to ZERO especially since both words are found in the title. misleading marketing >_>

"My youth Romantic Comedy is wrong as I expected." <--- I don't see how that's misleading. Just because the word "Romance" and "Comedy" is in the title doesn't mean that that's its main target. The "Entire" title clearly implies that it isn't going to be all lovey-dovey romance and stuff. "Wrong as I expected" <--- this part is already showing that it won't be the typical romantic comedy anime so where is the misleading part? Or perhaps you didn't understand what the Title was trying to say?
Jun 28, 2013 7:08 AM

Mar 2013
The whole Totsuka being "pretty boy" never gets old XD
"Red teams retarded".
Also, that Zaimokuza crusher.....SO MUCH YEEES
Season 2 please.
I like fried tofu
Jun 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2010
It was a really dissapointing last episode. It could have finished in the episode 12 better than this, it feels as a filler even if it isnt. The series werent superb, but it didnt deserve this episode. Moreover Hikigaya, yukinoshita and yuigahama encouraging a sport festival, it simply doesnt fit with the series or the characters. It would have been ok (as a filler) if it wasnt the last episode.
War_lotharJun 28, 2013 7:59 AM
Jun 28, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2009
Leave it to Hachiman to living things up a bit. Saika is dangerous to young man sexual orientation. Not a bad filler episode.
Another favorite ends this season, hope for a second one.
Jun 28, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2010
well thats it ..hikki the mastermind =) the series was nice but this episdoe was mehh
could finish it better
Jun 28, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2013
War_lothar said:
It was a really dissapointing last episode. It could have finished in the episode 12 better than this, it feels as a filler even if it isnt. The series werent superb, but it didnt deserve this episode. Moreover Hikigaya, yukinoshita and yuigahama encouraging a sport festival, it simply doesnt fit with the series or the characters. It would have been ok (as a filler) if it wasnt the last episode.

This episode is a filler , it has nothing to do with the novel .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 28, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2010
BloodyNightsky said:

Thx for clarify :) . It didnt make sense with the series.
Jun 28, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty lame ending if you ask me.

The series as a whole was alright, but definitely nothing too special. It's greatest strength was the highly relatable MC.

Either way, Ep. 13 felt really out of place and uninspiring. 7/10 show at best.
Jun 28, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this extra episode. Yui getting jealous of that girl in the beginning was cute. Lol @ "Stealth Hikki". The band arrangement of the ED was awesome! This was my favorite series of the spring
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 28, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Well, this episode had "Extra" and "Filler" written all over it (even in the title) and it's been announced long long ago that the 13th episode will be an anime-original, a story that the author made specifically for the anime.
So no surprises on it being a bit less spectacular than the previous ones.

Damn, I'm sad it's over. Hopefully it got enough fame for some translators to show up and work on the LN. Definitely my favorite show of the season - 10/10 on my list.
Jun 28, 2013 8:22 AM

May 2013
War_lothar said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Thx for clarify :) . It didnt make sense with the series.

The volume 7 of LN is much more better than this filler, eventhough I just read it through Pastebin. Can't wait to read the actual LN and season 2 Oregairu. :)
Jun 28, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Cute episode. I'm glad it ended on a happy note. The three of them have a great dynamic. As much as I wanted a romantic outcome I'm ok with the way things ended between them.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Jun 28, 2013 8:31 AM
Jun 2013
9/10 my rate if it was longer it would deserve 10/10
Is there season 2 or just ova?
And btw it is the BEST of this season
Jun 28, 2013 8:33 AM

May 2012
Episode was pretty entertaining. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Totsuka route is best route.

Overall, show was decent and one of the better anime airing during this crappy season.
Final rating: 7/10 = above average

LF>season 2
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, another lame final episode of pretty good anime.
Jun 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
so will this get a S2 or will the slated OVA be the final ep? Really a disappointment of a final ep.
Jun 28, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
へんこい
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
BloodyNightsky said:
eminagnam said:
OMG he realized he fell in love with that person! lol

It was an interesting series though the ep 13 was so so. I already miss it.

I'll kill you if you dont tell me with who he felt in love!
I know it's obvious but I'm looking for confirmation!
I'll hunt you down if you dont!

It's about Totsuka when he says that hen (strange) is transformend in koi (love). It's the same kanji in japanese^^

Well it was a really good series hope to see the continuation in 2014!

can't wait for season 2! btw hen and koi are different kanji. 変 for hen 恋 for koi. the bottom of koi is a heart
Jun 28, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2012
Will definitely miss "stealth" Hikki!!!!
Jun 28, 2013 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
I just have this feeling that...when they kept mentioning "next year"...it felt like they were hinting a second season slated for next year.

Also, dat Yukino blush.
Jun 28, 2013 8:55 AM
Nov 2011
The light novel is only at the half way point. People disappointed with this ending with no conclusion to the romance should have nothing to complain about. Id rather have this than some shitty anime original ending. Theres not going to be a second season for a long time.
Jun 28, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2013
SkywardLink said:
I just have this feeling that...when they kept mentioning "next year"...it felt like they were hinting a second season slated for next year.

Also, dat Yukino blush.

I'm sorry but it's not possible, if they want to adapt from LN. Right now there are only 7 volumes for light novel, and Oregairu anime is based on volume 1 until 6. The LN is release once in 4 months, and they said that maybe the series will be ended on volume 14. Therefore, it will take more than a year to have a good material for next season. I expect it will be release in early 2015 at least. (If only WW doesn't change the schedule)
Jun 28, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2013
I love this anime!!
Jun 28, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
I will only miss 8man. Anyway, I didn't like the ending. 8.4/10

Anyone spotted the Eyeshield 21 and Gundam F's reference?
Jun 28, 2013 9:09 AM
Jan 2013

EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Wooot, woot a fate/stay cosplay, nice.

BTW, has anybody notice Yukinon not wearing her usual knee high socks?
Jun 28, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
I need to insert some sick humor in this thread:
Yukino!

"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 28, 2013 9:14 AM

Feb 2012
Great and at the same time generic ending but nonetheless, they did a good job.

8/10

This isn't very memorable though. It didn't stand so much.
Jun 28, 2013 9:19 AM

May 2012
Great show 9/10. Best of the season IMO.
Jun 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 2012
4/5
8+/10
Jun 28, 2013 9:27 AM

Feb 2013
Those references, lol. Btw, that was a nice Nasuverse reference. It wasn't Saber, looked more like a mix of Saber and Saber Lily.

Was I the only one that noticed that in the first classroom scene Yui was missing her tie/bow thing twice? When the camera panned out she wasn't wearing it, but when it panned in she was.
Jun 28, 2013 9:31 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Loved it. One of my favorites of the season. 9/10. :)

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jun 28, 2013 9:40 AM
Feb 2013
I'm gonna miss hikigaya and co. I just truly loved how this anime can take up real life situations so perfectly. With amazing story, writing, and downright wittyness, this really deserves an award of some sorts. 9.5/10 Although the second season may have to wait for about 2-4 years, there's always the OVAs to come! Now if only I could find a way to read the light novel. :(
Jun 28, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was so damn bad. Damn, damn, bad, bad, bad, damn bad. Who came with an idea to make really lame filler for the last episode. It's like serving a dog treat after really good meal... It be nice to somehow unwatch this episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 28, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2009
Gonna miss my weekly dose of loner philosophy.
Jun 28, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2009
I just made some gifs from this episode that I found cute, funny and hilarious! :D

The cutest XD
Jun 28, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2012
This was definitely an enjoyable show, tho the last episode felt pretty weak as in terms of ending it, but since I've read that the penultimate episode is the one with the true ending of the anime, I'll overlook it. Yukinoshita and Hikigaya have definitely grown on me as characters, and I really liked the way the show dealt with social psychology and the such..also, while it is hinted in the series, I didn't really expect any significant romantic development, I mean the title kind of gives it away..ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

9/10 from me!
♢ ♡ crystal maze ♡ ♢

Jun 28, 2013 10:15 AM

Jun 2010
Saber, lol.

*Cough-com, *Cough-com.

Good episode. Nice blush from Yukino. Lol at Ebina.

Not really a great ending but at least it was an open ending. I'd prefer if they just ended it at 12 though. I wonder why they didn't just made it a 12 episodes series and just add this 13th episode as an OVA. Oh well, I hope there will be a season two in the future.

One of the top series this season. Mainly because of Hachiman! 8/10 overall. I feel like it could've been better. I mean, it's kinda obvious that it's a low budget production. Not saying it was bad. It was umm... average. The story and characters are the one that lifted the series to be honest. Well, I guess Brain Base spent a lot in Blood Lad.... I hope so.

Will certainly miss the characters. 8man MC of the year.

Let's go Brain Base!! Blood Lad here we go!!!!!!!!!
Jun 28, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2013
gonna miss this show 9/10 for me and can't wait for the OVA thats being bundled with the VITA game in sept
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Jun 28, 2013 10:20 AM
Oct 2010
Lame ending IMO (it's anime original, so what can we expect?). Nonetheless, really good overall. 8/10
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 28, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
Probably my favorite show this season with SnK.. I hope we get a season 2 soon. Overall this anime gets 9/10 for me; could've been 10/10 if most of the stuff happening wasn't so cliché.. Hachiman alone makes this show one of my favorite romance/comedy shows ever.

Went from 7.98 to 8.13 in a week, lets hope it keeps going up!
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:02 PM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.