Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Apr 4, 2023 6:08 PM
Nov 2020
This is what I hate about slice of life, this show teaches some good lessons but at the end it felt like uninspired garbage. This is why I can never get into this stuff, mid show honestly. 
Apr 11, 2023 9:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah, so they end with a sports festival episode, but the source is probably from one of the light novel volumes ending in a ".5" I don't mind this, but would've preferred if they had kept this separate as an ova. Properly ending with episode 12 would've felt more impactful as a season.

So, final thoughts on what is essentially my 3rd re-watch of this first season (didn't really even watch it properly the first 2 times, I remember watching at 2x speed or skipping over scenes out of boredom)? Yes, I see the appeal now; it is a good show with witty humour and thoughtful dialogue, especially whenever 8man and Yukino are in conversation. Those are the best parts. But most importantly, I don't find it cringe anymore. Maybe just a little bit, but nowhere near as much as I did before, when I thought the drama was just overblown, over the top, and dumb. It actually does feel pretty real. Now I don't know if this was done to fit a certain amount of volumes into this season, but it doesn't appear that every bit of drama, and every little argument is resolved with an apology of sorts- at least in a clear way. And I like it this way. Not every disagreement people have will always be resolved in a clear cut way. Sometimes they aren't at all, or sometimes it's just done subtly, or maybe both parties simply move on. The drama does not have a lasting impact as of this season, and I think that's all the better for it. It tones everything down so it is NOT overblown as I initially thought it was. Plus, I see this as merely the set up for the real meat of the show which is between our three main characters, which we finally get to experience in the following season. This first season we are just getting a taste of it, but nothing serious just yet. We are just introduced to our characters, and see what drives each of them, and I think this season does a good job of that. 

I'm personally still not FULLY sold on the show, so I can't give it my satisfactory score of a 7, but at the very least it does get a high 6-out-of-10. I have enjoyed it SIGNIFICANTLY more than the first times in which I watched it. Now onto that ova, and then I'll be re-watching season 2, and then season 3, which I actually never really properly watched.

6.8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 1, 2023 4:41 AM

Oct 2021
Enjoyed all the episodes really much. a solid 9/10 anime season:)
May 21, 2023 5:35 AM
Mar 2022
Really fresh as always
May 22, 2023 1:03 AM
May 2023
Perfect RomCom
I loved Every second of it
Jun 23, 2023 7:23 PM
Jun 2023
It was very confusing, but nice at the same time
Jul 4, 2023 6:58 AM

Jul 2021
this was pretty damn fun. watched it all in one sitting, didn't even get a chance to set it to watching, directly had to put it as completed from ptw lol.

the characters are nice though i don't like some of their philosophies or way of doing things and stuff but it's still too early to judge, proper character development is yet to happen i suppose. 

finally found out where that "yallaho" came from, i remember listening to it on some streamer's stream but never questioned where it came from. i really like both the female characters but it is pretty clear which one's gonna be rejected and which one's gonna be the one even from just these 13 episodes. plus having short hairs doesn't help much either and she's so cute too.

though i disagree with the mc on more than one of his philosophies but i agree on some too so i it's not like i don't like him, he's a pretty great mc compared to most romcoms and boy the way he roasted that commitee president during the meeting and then on the rooftop was maaji saiko lmao, really though man didn't hold back at all, he knew where it was hurting and hit there.

with the way things are progressing, the ice queen should completely melt by third season i guess.

there's one more thing i didn't like, the scaring thing with the elementary school kids, they could seriously be traumatised by that, they are still kids after all, even i think that was too much. anyway seems like nothing much happened so all's good.

looking forward to see how the relationship of this trio progresses further. 9/10. hoping further seasons are even better than this. on to the ova now.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 9, 2023 12:03 PM
Jun 2020
not very good but no bad as well
Dec 9, 2023 8:31 PM

Nov 2023
Well interesting series. Might watch moree
Jan 1, 10:48 AM

Jan 2021
Those games were lame

Overall this anime is way more nuanced than I expected it to be, still gets a 7, good but didn't move me that much
Apr 11, 8:38 AM
Oct 2021
its really good i love this anime
Apr 12, 5:05 AM
Jan 2023
my favorite slice of life rom com.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.