Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2012
Why does the page for this anime say that it's currently airing? Not long ago it said it was going to start on the 6th of July.
Jun 27, 2013 1:22 AM

Feb 2011
Perhaps it was shown at an event in japan, that happens more. I'm not entirely sure, but there are no RAWs available anywhere so I guess that's safe to suggest.

Let's just wait until July 6 for the the TV premiere.
Jun 27, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
MAL has a bad habit of using a preair event that only one or two hundred of fans in Japan could attend as the Starting Date.

I would say we should petition to the DB mods in MAL to change this thinking. I mean, let's face it, even in Japan all but the lucky few are not going to see this anime on Jun 22, for goodness sake.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 4:21 AM

Dec 2010
When you see information on an anime entry that you don't understand, it's always good to check the More Info tab first, it usually tells you why it is the way it is.
Jun 27, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
^ If the starting date is set to start from Jun 22, it should be OK to start an Episode 1 Discussion on that date, no? I see a Ep.1 Discussion on Free! that was later removed, even though the first poster attended the preair event herself. That is pretty contradictory, don't you think?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 6:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
To add to Goomoonryong's post, we later re-modify the start date to the regular broadcast date for information keeping purposes.

Pre-airs are not only at events; they are online as well. If we leave the starting date as the regular broadcast, then users who watch these pre-airs cannot set the entry to watching on their list. We started using the pre-air date exactly because we received complaints from users who could not do this. And if we're going to set online pre-airs to watching, then it's consistent to do the same with all pre-airs. Any other solution than this requires coding (which is not a priority at this time).

If you have actually seen the preview, you are allowed to start an episode discussion about it. The OP of that thread has been notified of its removal, and why. Please do not be so quick to claim we are in the wrong when you are not in possession of all of the facts. If you PM a moderator (or ask them directly on IRC) why something is done this way, you'll be in a better position to suggest how things might be changed than by making uninformed claims on the forum where a moderator might not ever see the post. I also recommend contacting a moderator responsible for your issue; an anime moderator (such as Goomoonryong) does not moderate the forums.
Jun 27, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
> Pre-airs are not only at events; they are online as well.

But you agree that setting Starting Date at the date where only a preair fan event takes place is not really right, I presume? I have seen confusion here and there about this so I am sure there are quite a number of people who find this approach questionable.

I have no problem with Starting Date being set to an online preair event if that event can be attended by a large number of people including those from overseas, but setting the Starting Date to an event where only one or two hundred can attend does not make sense.

> If you have actually seen the preview, you are allowed to start an episode discussion about it. The OP of that thread has been notified of its removal, and why.

I don't understand. If she is allowed to start an episode discussion (as you said above), then why should the thread she started needs to be removed?

> If you PM a moderator (or ask them directly on IRC) why something is done this way, you'll be in a better position to suggest how things might be changed

I suggested removing "shoujo ai" genre on a DB mod thread (and PM too) but I have not yet heard anything about it. I know a few other users who are getting pretty disappointed and resigned about it. Not sure what more I can do or say.

Jun 30, 2013 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
Kineta said:
Pre-airs are not only at events; they are online as well.

I'm wondering, if that's the case, how about RDG and Date A Live, which both had "pre-air" type that aired prior to the starting dates that currently listed (regular date)? I've been wondering about that for the whole Spring Season. (I just wanting to know if I'm remembering correct how MAL usually works applying to these two).

Sorry for the off topic, I was linked through this regarding to "Pre-air" issue that I was wondering, too.
tsubasaloverJun 30, 2013 7:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 30, 2013 7:46 AM

Nov 2007
Kineta said:
To add to Goomoonryong's post, we later re-modify the start date to the regular broadcast date for information keeping purposes.

I'd suggest if you guys made a sticky in the anime discussion forum stating when the anime will actually start airing, and then remove it when you re-modify the start date to the Japanese TV broadcast date. This would save all the confusion I see from the difference in the pre-air date and the Japanese TV broadcast date. It would also please the minority of MAL users who went to the live event and watched a pre-air of the first episode.

I suggest this because there are some MAL users who are ignorant of the "More Info" tab, and these people usually post in the anime discussion forum for that particular anime in confusion. A sticky is nice and more visible for these people. EDIT: And it just happened for "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!". A user was confused because they did not see the "More Info" tab. A sticky would've been useful here...

Kineta said:
Pre-airs are not only at events; they are online as well. If we leave the starting date as the regular broadcast, then users who watch these pre-airs cannot set the entry to watching on their list. We started using the pre-air date exactly because we received complaints from users who could not do this.

I guess that is reasonable to please a vocal minority on this issue. Just how much of the MAL userbase even requires such a feature though? It's not like an online pre-air where many users can watch it, as it is usually Japanese live events the "pre-air" dates are covering I would assume?

Kineta said:
And if we're going to set online pre-airs to watching, then it's consistent to do the same with all pre-airs. Any other solution than this requires coding (which is not a priority at this time).

As symbv said above, it's okay for online pre-airs as many people on MAL could have a subscription to Nico Nico, where they can watch the pre-air. This is not the case with live event pre-airs... as space is limited and the likelihood of encountering someone on MAL who went to the live event pre-air is very small I would imagine.

Kineta said:
If you have actually seen the preview, you are allowed to start an episode discussion about it. The OP of that thread has been notified of its removal, and why. Please do not be so quick to claim we are in the wrong when you are not in possession of all of the facts.

I see. So that's what happened. Well if it is indeed something that the user did that broke the rules on MAL, then there's nothing more to say about this. It was just peculiar to hear about it, that's all.

Kineta said:
If you PM a moderator (or ask them directly on IRC) why something is done this way, you'll be in a better position to suggest how things might be changed than by making uninformed claims on the forum where a moderator might not ever see the post. I also recommend contacting a moderator responsible for your issue; an anime moderator (such as Goomoonryong) does not moderate the forums.

I could PM if I could actually send messages. My sent messages box is broken and I have clicked on "Fix Sent" many times even if my sent messages box is just full of white space with nothing. Any mods that see this post, can you please fix this as I have already posted about this issue in the "Support" forum to no avail.
EjcJun 30, 2013 8:07 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 30, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Kineta said:
I'm wondering, if that's the case, how about RDG and Date A Live, which both had "pre-air" type that aired prior to the starting dates that currently listed (regular date)?
The two cases you mentioned are "online pre-aired episodes" for the series, the cases with Illya, Silver Spoon, Symphogear G, Free, Neptunia, WataMote etc this season, is pre-SEASON special fan event that airs the first episode for a selected few (at most a few hundred fans in Japan top). I think we should not mix up the two. The former case (RDG, Date A Live) is accessible to a lot of people including those overseas, but the latter case, which is the matter of discussion in this thread, is about a fan event before the season starts that airs just the first episode to a group of very few people in Japan. I don't think the latter case should be used to mark the actual Starting Date of a TV series (which is where MAL anime listing is confusing to most users here)
symbvJun 30, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 30, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
tsubasalover said:
Kineta said:
I'm wondering, if that's the case, how about RDG and Date A Live, which both had "pre-air" type that aired prior to the starting dates that currently listed (regular date)?
The two cases you mentioned are "online pre-aired episodes" for the series, the cases with Illya, Silver Spoon, Symphogear G, Free, Neptunia, WataMote etc this season, is pre-SEASON special fan event that airs the first episode for a selected few (at most a few hundred fans in Japan top). I think we should not mix up the two. The former case (RDG, Date A Live) is accessible to a lot of people including those overseas, but the latter case, which is the matter of discussion in this thread, is about a fan event before the season starts that airs just the first episode to a group of very few people in Japan. I don't think the latter case should be used to mark the actual Starting Date of a TV series.

Oh, that only applies to "pre-season" pre-air (+ event with limited numbers of people)... ok, I understand now. Thank you for answering :)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2009
Goomoonryong said:
When you see information on an anime entry that you don't understand, it's always good to check the More Info tab first, it usually tells you why it is the way it is.

Wow, I've been here this long and never even noticed this was a thing. Thanks, L.
Jul 4, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
i jumped when it said it was airing -_-
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Jul 6, 2013 12:33 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
While I would like to reply to your concerns, Ejc (and I think you're waiting for me to reply to this thread), this is not a discussion to be having in detail in a series subboard. I apologise if you were directed to this thread when you should have been told to make a new thread about the subject in the Anime DB Modifications subboard. This is the correct way to go about changing a rule in the Anime DB Guidelines (and please note, a rule which has been there for almost 4 years).

I apologise that you have been given wrong information about the situation. But quite frankly, I do not appreciate how this misinformation has spread across multiple series boards - and derailed news threads - so I will not be replying to your concerns here.

Please make a new topic.
Jul 7, 2013 7:17 AM

Sep 2012
Kineta said:
I apologise if you were directed to this thread when you should have been told to make a new thread about the subject in the Anime DB Modifications subboard. This is the correct way to go about changing a rule in the Anime DB Guidelines (and please note, a rule which has been there for almost 4 years).
Ejc knows about the DB modification subboard because I told him to raise the issue there.

Kineta said:
I apologise that you have been given wrong information about the situation.
Now I wonder what that "wrong information" is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.