Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
At the end of the final episode 12 of anime "Date A Live" which was just aired on TV in Japan (it was broadcast earlier on internet via Nico Nico Douga), it was announced that the anime will get a second season. The airing time is not known yet.

Source: Screen capture at the end of TV episode 12: Screen 1, Screen 2, also "Date A Live" author Koshi Tachibana's Twitter

Date A Live 2 on MAL
NaruleachJun 24, 2013 3:05 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Some screencaps from the trailer for second season (which was also shown on TV)
symbvJun 21, 2013 10:17 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 21, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
Hurray!!

My wish came true. Can't wait for it
What was my signature again?
Jun 21, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2009
So it's like Haganai and IS all over again in that they'll burn out all the remaining source materials?
That's just... you know what, forget it. Complaining won't get me anywhere.
Bring it I guess. And time to continue reading the LN.
Jun 21, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2011
Yes! This is terrific news. I would love to watch more Date A Live.
Jun 21, 2013 10:20 AM
Mar 2010
So it was planned to be two-cour from the beginning.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 21, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
So it's like Haganai and IS all over again in that they'll burn out all the remaining source materials?
There is one crucial difference: the two seasons of Haganai and IS were much further apart. This is more like a pre-planned (or at least planned when 1st season was aired) split cour. Anyway, I guess "Strike when it is hot I guess" can make sense.

Jun 21, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
It wasn't good, but I loved the OP song.. gonna watch s2
Jun 21, 2013 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
Excellent news. My second favourite anime of the season, and I intend to buy the light novels in the next couple of weeks too.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 21, 2013 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
So it was planned to be two-cour from the beginning.
It is also possible that they made the decision only after 1st season started to air. If it is a split cour from the beginning, we should have been told the airing time of the second season as well. So it is hard to tell.

Jun 21, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2013
Nice!!!! Can't wait.
Jun 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Hell yeah, can't wait.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 21, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2010
The one show that I could not get through more than 2 episodes of this season is getting another cour.

I guess if you slap together every cliche into one huge mess it's good right?
Ok™
Jun 21, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2009
That last girl(miku iirc??) could pass as patchoulis cousin
Jun 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2010
Hell yeah! Despite the bad start, Date A Live is one of the series I liked this season. Definitely not bad. I'm excited.
Jun 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
There is one crucial difference: the two seasons of Haganai and IS were much further apart. This is more like a pre-planned (or at least planned when 1st season was aired) split cour. Anyway, I guess "Strike when it is hot I guess" can make sense.
Same difference. The source material is only 7-8 volumes in number, the first season covered half of the available volumes and now they're going to adapt the rest which will burn them all out.
Though like I said, no use for me complaining as I can't predict what the producers want to do. I'll just accept it as it is.
I still have to watch the final episode so laters.
Jun 21, 2013 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
I saw this news couple hours ago. More Kotori is a win :)
Jun 21, 2013 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm...
Jun 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
I approve.
Jun 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
Oh yes please, the anime felt incomplete and now it is rectified and all is better.

Jun 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2007
Nice. I shall watch whenever it airs.

Did the LN get a sales boost from the anime? Maybe the BD+DVD preorders were enough to announce a 2nd season this early if it wasn't planned to be a split 2-cour anime in the beginning...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
Same difference. The source material is only 7-8 volumes in number, the first season covered half of the available volumes and now they're going to adapt the rest which will burn them all out.
In terms of extent of consumption of stock, yes, but my point is that because the two seasons of Hagani were far apart, the actual rate of consumption is not that high compared to consuming everything in 2 cours that are close to each other.

And if you want to complain about burning out, I think burning out too much stock in one cour is actually more a concern - Date A Live consumed 4 volumes in one cour but OreGairu burnt 6 volumes in one cour.

Jun 21, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2012
Ehh, there are other shows better off with second seasons.

I wonder what FUNimation is gonna do about it.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 2009
Fuck yeah!
One of the best titles in this season

May 2010
Good that means I wouldn't have be left with question after I finished watching the first season
MyAmyJun 21, 2013 10:44 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I saw this news couple hours ago. More Kotori is a win :)
You couldn't have seen the news a couple of hours ago. Because the actual announcement was made only less than one hour ago. Perhaps you heard about the speculation because the official anime twitter asked all fans to STAY TILL THE END OF THE TV BROADCAST and don't even go to toilet lol. Fans decided that announcement of such importance has to be a 2nd season and so the speculation (and hypes) began.

Jun 21, 2013 10:33 AM

Feb 2010
this looks really good, cant wait
Jun 21, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
ainky said:
Hmm...

Yeah well, the creator of that died, so there will never be another season.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 21, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
It was to be expected, stil, YES!
.................................................................................
Jun 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not actually surprised by this but .....well, the Twins will definitely make a debut and likely more spirits from the LN. Sadly, I haven't read that far but will look forward to it. Oh and then there's the OVA.
Jun 21, 2013 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
I was surprised that I actually liked this show and another season would be welcome.
Jun 21, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2011
Fantastic news!
Jun 21, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
Oh yes please, the anime felt incomplete and now it is rectified and all is better.

Pretty much this. Same way I felt as well.
Jun 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2011
Wow. I'm surprise they announced it already!

But that's great news to us fans. Too bad it's gonna be a long wait.

I'm finally going to see the twins and Miku, and also...more KURUMI!!! YES!
Jun 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Did the LN get a sales boost from the anime? Maybe the BD+DVD preorders were enough to announce a 2nd season this early if it wasn't planned to be a split 2-cour anime in the beginning...
From the past LN sales thread, I could find the following. Before the anime was aired, after a month Date A Live v4 sold 48663; After the anime was aired in April, v7 sold 71179 after a month.

I also guess that preorders may be quite good for them to make the decision of 2nd season so soon. As I said "Strike when the iron is hot".

Jun 21, 2013 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
Hell yea ^^ this made my day!

MORE YOSHINO!

Apr 2010
That's a good news, I was starting to miss the dating system and the girls.

Feb 2009
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
In terms of extent of consumption of stock, yes, but my point is that because the two seasons of Hagani were far apart, the actual rate of consumption is not that high compared to consuming everything in 2 cours that are close to each other.

And if you want to complain about burning out, I think burning out too much stock in one cour is actually more a concern - Date A Live consumed 4 volumes in one cour but OreGairu burnt 6 volumes in one cour.
That's why I said same difference. Also, Haganai and IS both had those issues with the LN releases that stalled the output of new volumes, and thus made me question why they would make a new season despite the lack of materials available.

That I didn't know as I haven't touched the LNs yet. It sure didn't feel like they covered 6 volumes though.
Though again, I can never really predict what the studio and producers will do so I'll just accept whatever it is they do with the show and materials. So yeah.
Jun 21, 2013 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not surprise by this. They are going to do 5-8 volume of the light novels for sure. I think they will 4 volumes of LN again. I'm a little unhappy that the first season of the anime rushed a little bit too much and skipped a lots of detail of the light novel.

Can't wait for second season. But it won't come out at least in Spring or Summer 2014 because they needed more materials, so they can animated it.
Jun 21, 2013 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome , loved the anime , waiting forward to it.
Jun 21, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
Still don't get the title, but loved the anime :D!
Distant emotions caressed by darkness in a field of imagination; stars.
Jun 21, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
That's why I said same difference. Also, Haganai and IS both had those issues with the LN releases that stalled the output of new volumes, and thus made me question why they would make a new season despite the lack of materials available.
I still don't understand what same difference you are saying. I know Haganai and IS and Date A Live are same in using up the stock, but I have explained what difference I meant - how far apart the two cours in terms of airing time. And here Date A Live is different. So what is the "same difference"?

Also I don't see why you are so unhappy with anime adapting more of the LN. As I said, if the adaptation is too rushed that the feel of the LN was lost, then it is a cause of complaint, but it seems that your complaint is not how rushed the adaptation is but how much the LN stock is used for adaptation.

Stark700 said:
I'm not actually surprised by this but .....well
Plenty of people are surprised as they are concerned BD/DVD sales may not be good enough.... At the end even good sales may not guarantee a 2nd season, just look at Denpa Onna for one example.

Jun 21, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
I can't argue with more Kotori/Kurumi, great news since it was one of the most enjoyable of the season, my day can only get better now if they announce the VN is going on PC (I wish).
Jun 21, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
Hell yeah!!
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'
Jun 21, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Can't wait for second season. But it won't come out at least in Spring or Summer 2014 because they needed more materials, so they can animated it.
If they could adapt 4 volumes in the first season, of course they can also just adapt the remaining 4 volumes for the second season. There is no need to wait for more material.

Jun 21, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I'm not surprise by this. They are going to do 5-8 volume of the light novels for sure. I think they will 4 volumes of LN again.

Volume 8 is out? I thought there were only 7 volumes published so far.
Jun 21, 2013 10:52 AM

Mar 2013
awesome, I can not wait to see it :D
Jun 21, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2012
YES YES YES

I knew it all the way.
「飾って笑った笑顔の裏に
泣いて崩れた君がいたんだね
なおも君は笑ってくれたね
こんな僕を支えてくれてありがと」

Jun 21, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I'm not surprise by this. They are going to do 5-8 volume of the light novels for sure. I think they will 4 volumes of LN again.

Volume 8 is out? I thought there were only 7 volumes published so far.
There is no vol.8 yet (but may be out by the time the anime is made). However, there are indeed 8 volumes because there is also the Encore too.
symbvJun 21, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 21, 2013 10:57 AM

Jul 2011
Immahnoob said:
ainky said:
Hmm...

Yeah well, the creator of that died, so there will never be another season.

It was not the creator who died but the production coordinator. It's unlikely that there will be a second season, but not impossible.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by OniCornwalis »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

9 by Kamirura »»
8 hours ago

» 'Touken Ranbu Kai' Prequel Anime Movie Announced for August 2024

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

20 by Ionliosite2 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

19 by IdaB »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.