Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2013 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, series is over.

Glad everything is resolved with the fights but I might miss this show a bit now. Not sure if there will be another season or not since I haven't read the manga yet. Oh well. Muneakira you lucky bastard. Lol also @ the shattered clothing. Typical of this series. I'm glad everything is resolved now though with the falling snow now.
Stark700Jun 21, 2013 7:29 AM
Jun 21, 2013 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
I really would wish this season will have specials just like the 1st season. :)
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jun 21, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
MEH pretty much sums up the second season.

Jun 21, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
Well its over not really much else to say. This was kind of a ehh ending but oh well everything was summed up ok i guess overall 6/10 for me.

Jun 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know how I feel about this season. It was... yeah... I don't know.
Jun 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Feb 2008
Well, s2 finished... finally if i had to say. I didnt enjoy s2, it wasnt that good and so much worse than s1 imo.
Jun 21, 2013 7:11 PM

May 2009
I do enjoy season one more, but I feel like Samurai Bride is close to the same enjoyment I had with the first season.
Jun 21, 2013 7:38 PM

Aug 2008
Enjoyed season 2 as much as season 1 but the ending was ridiculous.
Jun 21, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
lol 6/10
dont rly regret watching the series though. it was entertaining to say the least. jubei is so hnghhh
Jun 21, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2012
If the rest of the season wasn't as strong maybe I would've been more open to this but even then I knew what I as getting going in and was still meh on it
Jun 21, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
That was......bad. 5/10 for the season.
Jun 21, 2013 9:50 PM

Aug 2011
Lmao they totally bullshitted that Samurai Bride transformation, it wasn't even supposed to be a samurai bride form in the first place. Still, the only reason I watched this show was for the badass Juubei. Imo, the OST was amazing.

7/10 *Cause of the OST
Jun 21, 2013 11:13 PM
Dec 2010
disappointed in this episode, seemed very rushed and was disappointed in the samurai bride, it just seemed rather poorly done.

Overall I'm having a tough time debating whether to give this show a 5/10 or a 6/10.
Jun 21, 2013 11:35 PM
Apr 2013
IMO, it would be better if they featured the samurai bride for a longer screen time and made a 13th episode.

The ending was meh but was still fine I guess. Great OST by the way.
Jun 22, 2013 12:04 AM
Jun 2013
lightning04 said:
IMO, it would be better if they featured the samurai bride for a longer screen time and made a 13th episode.

The ending was meh but was still fine I guess. Great OST by the way.

I think the same, I would have also liked that the battle with the wraith would have lasted longer, it was very quick, but I LOVE IT!!It is one of my favourite anime(s) and I also want a third season!!
Jun 22, 2013 12:18 AM

Apr 2013
Overall I enjoyed this season of Samurai Bride, my only complain is that the series need better choreography for the fights with more swordplay and less magical beams.

I could complain about the way the fight was resolved, but this is not an urobutcher anime were 90% of the cast dies by the 12th episode, so even if the way Juubei rescue the girls is kind of too easy I am glad we have most of the cast alive for a third season.

I hope the OVA features more of the Samurai Bride and more badass Juubei, but also LOL at Maeda Keiji just going to sleep in the middle of the apocalypse and only coming back to fondle Juubei ass at the end XD.

Maybe they could anime the prequel Sengoky Maidens, I have not personally seen that anime but might be good too.
Jun 22, 2013 12:38 AM
Sep 2012
WTF?! sums up my feelings towards this season and this episode. I enjoyed the fanservice a bit, but damn this season was boring compared to the first season.
Jun 22, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2010
lol...

6/10

Season 1 was better IMHO (in relative terms).
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 22, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
Liked the first season a lot more, this one had a lot of meh episodes.
6/10
Jun 22, 2013 1:19 AM
Jan 2011
As expected, Jubei becomes the Samurai bride.
Jun 22, 2013 2:39 AM
May 2012
well that happens when you try too hard to be more than your average ecchi harem anime and go for the "plot" ...
Jun 22, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
Well that was underwhelming.

Sen, Yukimura and practically the entire first season cast hardly got any screen time. Though im glad Kanetsugu got more screen time. Still cant get over the fact that they even included a useless character such as Sasuke. The only reason that i can think of is that the creators wanted to please the people who have animal/human hybrid fetishes. The ending probably showed that he is also the one that created the Guardian Stone.

The 4 Dark Samurai were pretty much useless. I mean you build the suspense of all of them having the final duel and yet it never happened is kinda dumb. The only one which was useful was Inshun.

I wanted to see more of the alter Juubei but the series also hardly showed her. She was only the the main focus for like 1 episode and only appeare for very short periods of time afterwards.

Im still glad to see Sen and Yukimura "fight" though in this episode, even though it was like 5-10 seconds.

The Samurai Bride.... was very lackluster. It looks like Mashiro from Tayutama.

The final fight wasnt even that good. It was short with hardly any sword fights. I wanted to see more of Juubei fighting with her dual swords like how awesome they were in season one.

The final move is very underwhelming with the sudden use of the greatsword(?).

I was expecting to see some scenes after the final fight and when everyone was revived and was disappointed that, that was just it.

However overall it was still ok because the whole gang manage to become Master Samurai. The design of Kanetsugu and Matabei's Master Samurai form is awesome but Hanzo's one really beautiful, it made her look so gorgeous without the glasses and her hair let down. 7/10
ArcanaTraceJun 22, 2013 4:03 AM
Jun 22, 2013 5:40 AM

Feb 2011
Jun 22, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
Man was I the only hoping for a little epilogue scene where the other girls say you might be the samurai bride, but we will be the actual bride or something.

Honestly for all the fanservice, this wasn't much of harem, I would have liked to see more development on that end.

That said I cant say I am the only who thought Samurai Girls would never in a million years get a sequel. Hence I am sitting her and thinking, especially with Gisen still around, that they might actually make a 3rd series at some point.

If they do, Id like to add Keji and Musashi, and maybe Inko to Muneakira's samurai masters.
Jun 22, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
Much better than first season. No more poorly executed last arc with a trashy last boss (shogun). Better battle scenes and animation. New characters have variety and all look great on their own, from Maeda to the four Dark Samurai to the monkey. More funny interactions as there is no need to develop the characters as in the last season - Sen is so much more entertaining to see, for example. Thumbs up for this season!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2010

Still.... 7/10 cuz' of Jyuubei.....
Jun 22, 2013 7:37 AM
Jun 2013
I, not giving a bad rating on Episode 12 but the whole plot. The plot could be better if (in the story, why does he exist)Amakusa is never revived, & the Dark Samurai were given screentime to fight...
Many Gisen fans are disappointed. I know I am. Why is Gisen back? Gisen was given no role in the second season. I expected the creators to put more background on Gisen. The epilogue is rushed, overall, wasn't bad; just didn't appeal to me, 7.5 / 10. There's more I got to say, but I think that is enough...
Jun 22, 2013 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
I think this season is better than the first season. The first season was plagued by melodrama and Senhime's annoying brother. On the other hand, this season didn't have the low moments that last season had. Senhime's brother was less annoying and this season was just more fun overall.

I would welcome a season three. It seems like this franchise is moving in the right direction.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 22, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
godisntreal said:
Enjoyed season 2 as much as season 1 but the ending was ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly. That finale managed to be both pretty awesome and completely cheesy at the same time.
Jun 22, 2013 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
5/10
All I saw was a repeat of season 1, but with more Master Samurai this time.
Just a huch but if there is a third season, everyone is gonna be turned into Samurai Brides and repeat the story again.
Jun 22, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Bad ending but what can you expect from a anime like this any form of seriousness is thrown out of the windows and it's mostly fan service tho i would call the ending fail service.
I agree with Rewston that it looked a lot like the first season only the qi and samurai bride thing where new and can't really call them exciting.
Jun 22, 2013 12:25 PM

Oct 2011
What about Ginsen and her motives?? Her plan to revive Amakusa Shiro?

Since Juubei is Samurai Bride the others no longer a Master Samurai.
Jun 22, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
I agree with Rewston that it looked a lot like the first season only the qi and samurai bride thing where new and can't really call them exciting.
I don't need much thing new, just keep the good thing they did in the last season and do it right and get rid of the bad part in the last season, which is exactly what they do this time.

Aversa said:
Bad ending but what can you expect from a anime like this any form of seriousness is thrown out of the windows and it's mostly fan service tho i would call the ending fail service.
What do you expect besides some shounen style of friendship and strong will for victory with time running close to the limit?? At least I did not count on everyone would get "killed" before they started the Samurai Bride thing.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
The whole Samurai bride thing seemed half-asses and the cloths they were in was kinda "dumb", especially the ribbon thing on the sword. Not really much fighting, really wasn't that much sword against sword. As a whole S2 was really what I expected and it wasn't bad. I would have also prefered that the monkey wasn't involved at all. How hard would it have been for them to just add another girl.

Since I rate this kind of anime differently because of the fact that they really aren't taken too seriously ill give it a 7/10. It was supposed to be enjoyable not have a complicated plot, and it did its job.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
Kinda bad. Why the point to rise the power of so many characters if it's one vs monster in the end ?
Jun 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2012
The samurai bride was beautiful at the end, all white and stuff, kinda wished for more action from other MS girls, but they all got killed off pretty fast lmao.

Sad to see it's all over, really enjoyed it, maybe even more then S1.

Hoping for some specials later on, or even an OVA would't hurt.
Jun 22, 2013 5:12 PM
May 2013
Well, I think I missed something from the first season because I didn't remember that monkey at all.
Overall I thought it was a good anime but the ending was a bit disappointing, I would have loved it if not for the cheesey return of all of the master samurai's. I mean it toke away all of the sacrifice it takes to make a samurai bride.

''We must make this huge sacrifice killing all the side characters to defeat the villain and rescue everybody... loljk everybody gets revived for no reason what so ever''.
Jun 22, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2010
Kayro said:
Liked the first season a lot more, this one had a lot of meh episodes.
6/10
said it all
Jun 22, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Aversa said:
What do you expect besides some shounen style of friendship and strong will for victory with time running close to the limit?? At least I did not count on everyone would get "killed" before they started the Samurai Bride thing.
Even tho they got killed/absorbed you just know that they would miraculously appear unharmed at the end that's just what this show is.
I should just stay away from shounen it's not meant for me and just gets me annoyed but i have a weak point for fan service.
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
Well it's finally over. I can't say I enjoyed this more than the first season since I didn't mainly because of some episodes in the beginning/middle from this season. Final battle was on par with the final battle of the first season, only difference been that the battle for this season was set up better.
Jun 23, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
Gisen could be used for a season 3 or ova if it happens, but she was under used.
Jun 23, 2013 2:02 AM

Apr 2012
The ending felt a bit rushed didn't it? I feel the first season was a bit better all in all. And I thought the rest of the girls would protest a bit more when they didn't get to be the Bride themselves.

Why did Jubeei get neko ears in her Samurai Bride form?
Jun 23, 2013 5:50 AM

May 2012
The ending was pretty much expected and the master samurai getting killed and then revived was a bit lame in my opinion and overall 6/10.
Jun 23, 2013 8:47 AM
Mar 2013
Meh their deaths gave such a casual feeling lol, plus when did matabei and hanzo become master samurais?

Also odd how koijiro didnt want war since she couldnt tell friend from foe if that happens but sides with mataemon.

7/10 since it was enjoyable despite enough plot holes and questions for swiss cheese
Jun 23, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed this season and actually liked Jubei's and Muneakira's new transformation a lot. Wouldn't mind another season but I'm sure that's just wishful thinking.
Jun 23, 2013 8:55 PM

Apr 2013
Samurai Bride is a furry?! What...
That jetpack is just silly when they can already fly.
FlamingYuJun 23, 2013 8:58 PM
Jun 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
rushed as hell.
plus ridicoulus transformation...
really liked the first season,but the 2nd just want all the way down the hill....
5/10
Jun 24, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
The 1st season was much better in my opinion
Jun 24, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
Meh, no OP and a lackluster ED in this ep. Not impressed by this finale. The pacing was so fast and I felt as though it ended abruptly. Everyone's 'deaths' were ridiculous but it doesn't matter now that they've been revived. Last battle starring the Samurai Bride happened in a flash. Gotta love Juubei though!

Disappointing series overall. My main complaint is that way too much time was spent on the maid cafe at the beginning which didn't interest me. It's an important series, if only to see the new characters which turned in to Master Samurais but the cafe, beach tournament and slasher incident all felt irrelevant. And by then, we're already at ep 10 where I started to feel excited again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to see these characters that I love in another series again but it could have been a very different set of events with the dark samurai and the barrier. It just seems like the plot was much more thin and they had to add filler and even more fan-service to reach 12 eps.

4/10. I felt that it never reached the highs of the first series but I'm glad to have returned to the world of Hyakka Ryouran again. If it ever gets another series, I'm confident it will be better than this.
Jun 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
4/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2013

42 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2013

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

22 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.