Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 26, 2013 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
7/10 for this anime

Seconds season needs more Kurumi (and Yoshino) and less Origami (am I the only one that thinks of that Japanese paper folding every time I hear her name)
Jun 26, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
mmmmm pretty decent, i enjoyed watching most of the time,
and pretty excited for Season 2 ,for those new spirits.
(★^O^★)

Also nice seeing Yoshinon talk for once while in his ultimate form,
even if it was just a sentence....
Jun 27, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Boring as Infinite Stratos
That is actually a great praise if it is indeed as "boring" as Infinte Stratos because IS is so interesting !! LOL LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
The orchestral version of the OP theme was really great. Date a Live was quite a pleasant surprise for me. It has a silly premise wrapped around the generic harem genre but the characters, each with their unique abilities, managed to really interest me throughout. I loved how the show had a serious tone with light-hearted issues, the short introduction at the start of each episode was an example of that.

Tohka stayed as my favourite until the end when Kotori managed to edge her way forward. It's great to see a snippet of Kurumi at the end as a reminder that she's still at large somewhere. Loved the OP, hated the ED's.

7/10. Satisfying end but there's still many questions left unanswered. I'm very excited for the second season.
Jun 28, 2013 2:13 AM

Jun 2008
Welp, that's that.

Overall this anime was vastly confusing, mostly because they barely explain what the fuck is going on and how exactly things work in this anime.

The ecchi was subpar, the characters (for the exception of Kurumi) are decent if not average.....and of course the plot makes little sense.

Still, the final episodes were entertaining and I hope that in season 2 things become more clear.

6/10
Jun 28, 2013 8:38 AM

Jun 2012
3/5
6/10

Edit: Btw, this series' OP was amazing
samesddayJun 30, 2013 1:43 AM
Jun 28, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't have much expectation about this anime, but it's not bad. What i must say, it's quite unusual for harem anime to not be downward slope after good beginning. Date a Live has average beginning but after episode 7 it gets a lot better.
As i read 3 first novels i felt that it's was a little rushed, they could take more time with each capture and more character development. For the other hand it would be rage if they animate only 3 novels and left with Kotori appearance as episode 9(i believe that's how 3rd light novel ended :D).

What i don't like is that anime was not only rushed on plot and character development since it's only 12 episode length but they have to put nonsense filler episode. For me episode 6 was annoying and surely not fun or interesting.

If I rate only letter half i maybe would give it 8, but as a whole shows it's 7 at most.

7/10
Jun 28, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2009
The ending was fast O.O
MORE KOTORI PLEASE!!!!
Jun 29, 2013 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
8/10. Would've been a 7 or 7.5 if it wasn't for the Kurumi Arc. If there is going to be a second season, then I'd like to watch it.

GodlyKyon said:
Boring as Infinite Stratos

IMO, it's a maybe. Since I like this anime because mainly of Kurumi only.

Mod edit: merged double post
koleareJun 29, 2013 11:30 PM
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Jun 29, 2013 10:48 PM

Feb 2013
Good final episode, looking forward to next season
[/url]
Jul 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
Well, it's finally over.

Well, I sure heard a lot of "(insert name), stop! stahp!!" coming from Shido for the past 12 weeks -.-

It wasn't the worst, but not really that great either. I'm sorry to say, I'm not too excited for S2.

Jul 2, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
enjoyed this series and looking forward to season 2 :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
6/10 cause of Origami, she ruined the series by just talking and being in the screen.
Jul 3, 2013 9:06 AM

Oct 2012
that was great i really like the episode but i would have liked to see more Kotori and Shido date also that speech from Thoka was pretty good i am looking forward the OVA and actual second season.
Jul 3, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2012
Personally i think that Oregairu is better than this. Nevertheless, this anime is certainly not boring. Plus, the MC is far from a wimp. Overall 8/10.
Jul 5, 2013 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Just finished it.

I gotta say, the 1st few episodes really made me skeptical of the anime, but then after about episode 3, it really hit the spot. Great anime, especially considering how it's a harem, and usually harems are just plain ridiculous. Shidou wasn't nearly as much of a wuss as most idiot harem male protagonists also, so I liked that. I'ld say this was a more of a story based harem, other than a fanservice harem. Also loved how they confirmed a season 2, superrr fast, icing on the cake.

9/10

lol, this is like a short review xD.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jul 7, 2013 11:27 AM
May 2012
Wow, kind of an odd concept of spirit hunting and dating games but the anime made it work.

8/10. Definitely looking forward to season 2.
Jul 8, 2013 5:32 PM

Sep 2012
I finally finished it and it was awesome. Can't wait for season 2.
Jul 9, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2008
8/10. Awesome ladies.

Except Origami. Her angst ruined the show whenever she started going all "I must avenge my parents". Especially annoying since any of the spirits would kick her ass in seconds if Shido allows them.
Jul 10, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2008
I am about to skim through, but can someone please explain what happened five years ago with Kotori and Shido? I didn't understand how the grainy flashbacks answered anything.
Jul 11, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
GarLogan78 said:
I am about to skim through, but can someone please explain what happened five years ago with Kotori and Shido? I didn't understand how the grainy flashbacks answered anything.

5 years ago, someone or something stuffed Efreet into Kotori's body. She then went berserk and started a giant fire. Shido didn't seal her powers, Kotori did that by herself when she kissed him.
Jul 22, 2013 5:01 AM

Dec 2011
Brilliant fun, and well worth the wait, though it would have been so much better if I hadn't had to (thankyou AoD... heck actually I mean that, considering that we wouldn't have had the series at all otherwise). I wasn't expecting the title of "best anime of Spring" to change hands this late.

People are saying that the Light Novels are much better? Well that only serves to make me look forward to reading them even more. And, of course, I look forward to season 2 as well.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 22, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
6/10 and forget.
Jul 23, 2013 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
I'm glad it got better. The first 2 episodes disappointed me but overall it's a good show and I'm glad they already announced season 2 because the story isn't finished and I dislike unfinished stories. :P

Too bad Yoshinon blocked the Shidou x Tohka kiss at the end.. :(
Jul 26, 2013 5:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty good final episode of this first season, but the story is far from over and well I can't wait to see the sequel to this as well the whole story buildup and development of all the characters was really pleasant to see and just to experience with this anime, for a reason though the fights really reminded me of Black Rock Shooter and well that sure made it even better! That ending sure was good so lets see what's next whenever it will air!
Jul 29, 2013 6:26 PM

May 2011
Can't wait for season 2!

Loved how Yoshino came outta the blue at the end xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2011
Well, I just loved this ending. The final fight felt pretty epic as well and I can't say how much I love the OP theme, especially when they use it as bgm. It was also great to watch Kotori act all dere-dere around Shido and get that kiss of hers. She is just sooooo cute. And that spirit form of hers <3.

Lol at Yoshino at the end. Haha, a nice and adorable cockblock. I can't wait for season two!
Aug 11, 2013 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
Looking forward to season 2
Aug 11, 2013 9:41 AM
Aug 2013
This is my first post..
I enjoyed the whole episode pretty much, just the ending is kinda... feels ruining it.. well, maybe its because I don't like him with tohka.. lol.
Aug 15, 2013 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
It was a nice final episode. The ending was alright too.We have the MC imouto-zoned her Kotori, and Yoshino ruining the beloved kissing scene between Tohka and Itsuka. Oh and Kurumi! This show needs more Kurumi.
Aug 16, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2012
Total medicore, but im going to give very stretched 7/10 for:

- very good ghosts design
- the best opening song last time I heard
Aug 17, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
I don`t get it why is this so popular it`s mediocre at best.
This is just a combination of Infinite Stratos and World God Only Knows.
The Dating Sim aspect was pointless.
The Yandere girl was the only good part about it (probably why its the only thing people remember about it)
All in all 6/10
Aug 19, 2013 5:04 AM

May 2012
Great series. I have high hopes for season 2.
But their is something bugging me whats up with Kurumi during the end? Maybe someone can explain before i go mad and go out of my way to research everything on the character.
Shirou you and me... are one of the same

Aug 19, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2013
best line in this episode
"Second Season Production Confirmed"
Aug 20, 2013 8:18 AM
May 2013
Liked the series, hated that origami girl from the start
waiting for season 2 and ova I guess
Aug 23, 2013 10:08 PM

Jun 2011
What I don't like about this is Shidou's personality at times, like when he asked people not to kill, like when he rush in front of Kurumi and protected her. And I don't quite like how Kotori overpowered Kurumi, I mean, that was quite unbelievable, unless it's stated that Kotori's spirit of fire is actually one of the strongest spirit around. Otherwise it would be like BS, when Kurumi could pretty much take out everyone, but Kotori can do much more.

At the end, Kotori wanted Shidou to love her as a MAN, not brother lol! And they should be able to marry and end unlike how OreImo ended @@

Anyway 5/10
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 27, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
Hoppy said:
solomon585858 said:
I never liked that Origami girl from the start. Yandere, maniac stalker. Shido deserves someone better. Girl got what she deserved.

I agree, couldn't stand her from the beginning, she's just as bad as Kurumi with none of the charm Kurumi has glad she's tied to her hospital bed.

Pretty good finale and lol at Shido and Tohka's kiss being blocked by Yoshino and Yoshinon.

8/10

I wouldn't mind a season 2 and will be watching the OVA, the long release time for the OVA gives me time to start the LN.

this. Tohka wins the best heroine of this season.

Aug 27, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
sirhcnil said:
Hoppy said:
solomon585858 said:
I never liked that Origami girl from the start. Yandere, maniac stalker. Shido deserves someone better. Girl got what she deserved.

I agree, couldn't stand her from the beginning, she's just as bad as Kurumi with none of the charm Kurumi has glad she's tied to her hospital bed.

Pretty good finale and lol at Shido and Tohka's kiss being blocked by Yoshino and Yoshinon.

8/10

I wouldn't mind a season 2 and will be watching the OVA, the long release time for the OVA gives me time to start the LN.

this. Tohka wins the best heroine of this season.

Sorry my friend but the best girl of this season was clearly Kurumi xD.
Aug 29, 2013 8:50 AM
Jul 2013
Natsu12345 said:
What I don't like about this is Shidou's personality at times, like when he asked people not to kill, like when he rush in front of Kurumi and protected her. And I don't quite like how Kotori overpowered Kurumi, I mean, that was quite unbelievable, unless it's stated that Kotori's spirit of fire is actually one of the strongest spirit around. Otherwise it would be like BS, when Kurumi could pretty much take out everyone, but Kotori can do much more.

At the end, Kotori wanted Shidou to love her as a MAN, not brother lol! And they should be able to marry and end unlike how OreImo ended @@

Anyway 5/10

I believe Kotori vs Kurumi could be solved with a little bit of common sense and a little bit of observation skills.

She ran out of power, or "time', to keep using her skills.
Sep 13, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2013
i originally dropped this at 9th ep with the score of 5

but now that i finished the serie +1 for the ending so
overall 6/10 for me
Sep 17, 2013 6:16 PM
Mar 2013
Loved this anime, I'd like to give it a 7.5/10, but I don't think you can put decimals in the anime-list so 7/10 it is.

I couldn't give it any higher because I felt there was a tremendous lack of back-story.

1.) What exactly are spirits?
2.) Where did they come from and who created them?
3.) What was the incident that happened 5 years ago? (Telling us that efreet caused it is not enough information)
4.) What's the history behind Shidou's sister Mana? Why was she pumped full of magic?
5.) What happens to Kurumi? etc.etc.

I'm pretty sure the manga/LN cover some of these questions in more detail, but I hope that season 2 does a better job handling the backstory.
Sep 18, 2013 8:03 AM
Sep 2010
Felt like the show hit its peak during the Kurumi arc then kinda crashed into mediocrity due to not giving her a proper conclusion and rushing the last two episodes.
Sep 25, 2013 5:00 PM
Jan 2013
What even was that ending....
Oct 25, 2013 7:46 AM
May 2013
Ragna92 said:

I can't agree . The best girl of this season is Yoshino.

dark_vivec said:
Felt like the show hit its peak during the Kurumi arc then kinda crashed into mediocrity due to not giving her a proper conclusion and rushing the last two episodes.
I felt the same after Yoshino arc.

I can't wait for 2nd season, it looks so promising .
Oct 26, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Well I guess every girl got their screen time, though I want more development with Tohka <33

And what hell happened to Kurumi,
Nov 21, 2013 5:36 PM

Aug 2012
Is it me, or is the AST the cause of more problems than the spirits themselves?

Cause if I were the secret government of Japan, I'm pretty sure AST would be defunct by now.

I mean really, aside from Kurumi, Ratatosk's success rate is like, what, 100%? Why the fuck even bother with AST when they're shitting out tons of money on equipment and their only "kill" was just copies of Kurumi?

Oh but wait, that was actually a "special suit" that Imouto blue hair had that killed Kurumi, not those pointless suits that every other AST girl has.

*sigh*

Well, I just wasted hours of my life on this anime. Rant over.
Nov 21, 2013 7:24 PM

Jun 2010
Well, I'm glad I got that over with.
Dec 11, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Enjyoed Tohka's arc, didn't care for Yoshino's arc, loved Kurumi's arc, also didn't care for Kotori's arc, mostly because it felt rushed.

Overall not the worst, but far from memorable....I'd give it a 7/10, mostly because of the Gundam references, otherwise I'd prob give it a 5 or something.

The possibility for a second season looks promising, hopefully it doesn't disappoint...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 20, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun 2013
Still, the ending is not enough for me.
But I heard there's another season for this anime.
So yay!
KURUMI! I SAW HER. OHMY.
I fully enjoyed watching this series, although I'm not used to watch fanservice.
I'm expecting for the next season.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.