Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2013 10:47 PM
Jul 2011
I Super Hope that DATE A LIVE Second Season will come out immediately!
I Super Hope that DATE A LIVE Second Season will come out with a new name like Date A Live 2.
Jun 21, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
I don't think the name is important here.
Jun 21, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2011
kuuurt said:
HNGGG- KOTORI KURUMI

Had t'fix that for ya ~
Jun 21, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2009
I surprisingly enjoyed this anime, maybe because of Kurumi? Will look forward to season 2.
Jun 21, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2011
Why is Kotori so delicious? So glad it ends with the imouto arc, and I'm so hyped for season 2. It might not have done the original much justice, but this adaptation entertained me so much these past 12 weeks.

Since I rate based on enjoyment,
9/10
Jun 21, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Fck yes !!!!
Season 2 production confirmed !!!!
Is it just me or the drawing in this episode looks off and lazy?
Jun 21, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
Can Origami just fall over and die? Worst fucking character ever. She's the downside to most of the series.

5.5/10, so I'll raise it barely to a 6.
Jun 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
The entire show was honestly very generic.
Only two characters that really stood out were Kotori and her sharp tongue and badass Kurumi. Origami was... painful to watch. So useless.
Most of the mages were just stupid and the armor they wore (Yes, I know fanservice) was so... impractical. Armor everywhere except a giant hole for the cleavage and for the underwear... facepalm*

Highlight of the series has the be the end of episode 9 and the beginning of 10 (Kotori vs. Kurumi).
The rest I basically skipped. The time I spent watching that fight scene over and over again is probably more than the time I spent actually watching the rest of the series.

*Points gun at show*

Daletto!
The anime is redone and the only two important people in the cast are Kotori and Kurumi.

Just to be sure
*Points gun at Origami*

Zayin!
So she can stop interrupting stuff and being totally useless.

And...
*Points gun to me*

Aleph!
To fastforward to the Kurumi arc in Season 2. Screw the date part, just let me see her in battle again.

And a side note...
She only lost to Kotori because she wanted to. No way a time mage was unable to get away from an attack that honestly took half a minute to charge and hits such a narrow area.
OmniknightJun 21, 2013 7:32 PM
Jun 21, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Omniknight said:
OriginANIME said:
Best part of the episode IMO:

It may have only been 5 seconds... but it was the best 5 seconds.

YanderesFTW said:
Kurumi should get her own spinoff series...
i'd pay to watch it....

If there was a spin-off... my life would actually be complete. I'm serious.

Like if the whole series just focused on the Kurumi arc, I would have gave it an easy 8/10. But since it wasn't, low 6. With that being said, PLEASE GIVE US A SECOND SEASON! ;-;

The entire show was honestly very generic.
Only two characters that really stood out were Kotori and her sharp tongue and badass Kurumi. Origami was... painful to watch. So useless.
And the armor that the mages wore was so... impractical. Giant shouderpads while showing cleavage... facepalm*
Highlight of the series has the be the end of episode 9 and the beginning of 10 (Kotori vs. Kurumi)

The rest I basically skipped.

*Points gun at show*

Daletto!
The anime is redone and the only two important people in the cast are Kotori and Kurumi.

Agree, the anime was pretty terrible, BUT Kurumi kept me motivated. Though when they suddenly just shafted her from the series, dropping it was on my mind.
Jun 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Jul 2009
i dont know about you guys, but i enjoyed this show. tohka is so hnghhhh, kurumi is entertaining and kotori = wincest.

7/10 cause it was GOOD.
Jun 21, 2013 8:43 PM

Jan 2011
It didn't suck but wasn't great. A lot of cute scenes and the our male protagonist was a pretty good guy through and through. Nightmare was my favorite spirit without a doubt. Girl is sadistic and made for an interesting little turn in the story. I'll watch S2...the preview alone for it makes me anticipate some (maybe) cool battles and (maybe) richer plot points in a show such as this.
Jun 21, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2011
This series was sorta back and forth for me. Started off really sloppy, but there were some high points that kept me from completely disliking this series. Despite the really nice soundtrack, animation quality, character designs, and the fantastic seiyuu cast, the direction didn't exactly help to achieve the quality it could have had otherwise. I really liked the premise of this series, the fights were pretty fun to watch, Kurumi was an exceedingly interesting character, and there were some date scenes that I felt were fairly enjoyable. Not only that, but it has raised my interest in reading the LN as it is supposedly superior to this anime in many ways. If what I hear is true, it should have more meaningful, character defining moments and much better handling of particular scenes than how it turned out to in the adaption (and the directing in this anime does a lot to convince me that that is true). So, when I get the time to, I'll definitely give the LN a shot, but I won't be expecting much else from this anime and will probably not watch any more of it.

6/10
Jun 21, 2013 8:59 PM
Aug 2010
Really nice series, I'll start to read the LN and see what they missed in the adaptation, but overall 9/10.
Jun 21, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Wasn't a bad final episode. I wouldn't mind a season 2, though I hope that Origami gets kicked out of AST for taking the unit and blowing up an amusement park.
Yoshinon's block at the end caught me off guard, got a good laugh out of that.

8/10 seems about right, I enjoyed it, especially since I never read the light novel.
Jun 21, 2013 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Well looks like the end.

Kurumi! She was the best part of this episode for me. She deserves more screen time though.

Kurumi's arc was definitely the best part of the show. I would rate it a 9/10. Overall though my rating for this show is a 7/10.
Ragna92Jun 21, 2013 10:12 PM
Jun 21, 2013 10:48 PM

Dec 2011
The ending was okay and it's confirmed at the end that there will be a season 2
Jun 21, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2011
Whole series was a mess and i really liked the moments Kurumi were in amazed it's getting another season heres hoping it's better.

Pray Origami rarely shows up in S2 never liked her from the start.
Jun 21, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
6/10 would read the LN and watch the second season. Tohka is cute, Kotori is cute, Kurumi is cute...really they're all cute except Origami is kinda weird.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 22, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
A pretty okayish ending, though I was quite scared when it seemed Kotori would win instead of Tohka. I'm glad for that last scene. I wonder if it was Tokisaki that Kotori/Spirit was talking back then or someone even more dangerous. 4/5.

Slightly above average harem thanks to the top tier girls. I'm looking forward to more Kurumi 6/10.
Jun 22, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2010
The series ended without any conclusion. Which is acceptable considering Season 2 is already on the way.

Would be a great series if they just minimized the plot holes. The characters are great and the story is not really that bad.

Oh well, let's just wait for the second season.

6/10 overall.
Jun 22, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
It is easy to call things plot holes but often it is more like insufficient explanation or development rather than real plot holes as the actual meaning of plot holes is thing that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot or the omission of the explanation is bad enough to cause the story to collapse. I believe the word "plot hole" should only be used with caution not some label to throw around (same with generic or cliffhanger which get overused these days on forums).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 5:34 AM

Oct 2012
As always Lol for Kyouhei the pervert and M
So Kurumi is still the bad guy/main problems?
And as always too... Poor Origamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :(

I just can't.. well I don't know why Kotori loved her brother but she isn't jealous when Tohka almost kiss Shido

Hmm so season 2? Well I don't know, hope it's better :)

symbv said:
It is easy to call things plot holes but often it is more like insufficient explanation or development rather than real plot holes as the actual meaning of plot holes is thing that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot or the omission of the explanation is bad enough to cause the story to collapse. I believe the word "plot hole" should only be used with caution not some label to throw around (same with generic or cliffhanger which get overused these days on forums).

This is so deep xD
Rayl1ghtJun 22, 2013 5:37 AM
"Signature removed"
Jun 22, 2013 5:41 AM

Oct 2012
oh shit... yoshinon what the hell are you doing??

Jun 22, 2013 5:56 AM

Mar 2012
Overall a good series, 7.5/10. Looking forward to season 2 :)
Jun 22, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
I have to admit that this was pretty damn good, I expected generic fan service trash but I got to see trolololo with some well executed serious parts. But... it wasn't good, but it was certainly a lot offun. Therefore 6/10 because I shall stick to my rating system. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 22, 2013 6:46 AM
Feb 2012
I enjoyed the whole thing more than I had initially expected (if only for Kurumi) therefore I'll be sure to watch season 2 once it airs. All in all a 7/10 score from my side.

Edit: Kurumi
Tohka
Yoshino
Kotori
Origami
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 22, 2013 7:10 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:

Wow, that's deep. So the real meaning of plotholes is like Deus ex Machina? Damn.

I believe that it is understood as lack of sufficient information or explanation in MAL though. I'd rather write "plotholes" than writing "insufficient explanation or something" every time. In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as people understands what you mean.
Jun 22, 2013 9:29 AM

Feb 2011
That was cool , not fit for an ending but hey , we're gonna get a second season :D Looking forward to it , 8/10
Jun 22, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Wow, that's deep. So the real meaning of plotholes is like Deus ex Machina? Damn.
I believe that it is understood as lack of sufficient information or explanation in MAL though. I'd rather write "plotholes" than writing "insufficient explanation or something" every time. In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as people understands what you mean.
If you are writing for real critical review, even one for school, I doubt very much "plot hole" as "lack of full explanation" would pass muster. And for me, perhaps because of my background, I find it hard to understand the word "plot hole" outside of its proper definition. To me using it to mean just "insufficient explanation" just smacks of exaggeration out of nothing, just like calling an ending with just a hint of further things to come as "cliffhanger" or a character who is successful in a lot of things he/she does (but not everything) as "Mary Sue". Or the word "incoherent" (I doubt people actually know what the word "coherence" means in the context of reviewing a fictional work). All these terms are overused and abused to the extent of sounding like cliche in the internet. And Plothole is not Deus ex Machina. For a general idea of what Plot Hole means I think the wiki entry may be a good place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole :
a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot sometimes even contradicting itself.
The keyword is CONTRADICTION. This is the essence of what Plot Hoe actually means. If it is just something not explained well, but things do not really contradict each other, it is still not a Plot Hole.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
-MgZ_ said:
If you are writing for real critical review, even one for school, I doubt very much "plot hole" as "lack of full explanation" would pass muster. And for me, perhaps because of my background, I find it hard to understand the word "plot hole" outside of its proper definition. To me using it to mean just "insufficient explanation" just smacks of exaggeration out of nothing, just like calling an ending with just a hint of further things to come as "cliffhanger" or a character who is successful in a lot of things he/she does (but not everything) as "Mary Sue". Or the word "incoherent" (I doubt people actually know what the word "coherence" means in the context of reviewing a fictional work). All these terms are overused and abused to the extent of sounding like cliche in the internet. And Plothole is not Deus ex Machina. For a general idea of what Plot Hole means I think the wiki entry may be a good place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole :
a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot sometimes even contradicting itself.
The keyword is CONTRADICTION. This is the essence of what Plot Hoe actually means. If it is just something not explained well, but things do not really contradict each other, it is still not a Plot Hole.

I get you, I really hate how that word is tossed out as well. No matter how you look at it, plot holes are suppose to be used to label an extreme case of poor writing, matching the definition you posted, and can't be applied to anything from this series.
Jun 22, 2013 10:24 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:
-MgZ_ said:

But the point is, in my comment about the series, I just stated my opinion which doesn't really count as a real review from a wise critic. We are in a forum. We are not in a presentation in school nor in a business meeting. As much as I love a constructive and dignified posts, it is not necessary to be all formal and flawless when you are stating something about a certain subject in this forum. This is the internet! There's no problem if you toss out words here and there and you still manage to relay what you are meaning to say. You are like saying that you are annoyed with people whose posts are grammatically incorrect, which is just wrong. I'm sure you know why. At least, that's what I believe.

In any case, I can't do anything if you are displeased with people who use these words away from its proper definition since as far as I know there are greater number of those people ( including me ) than people who uses these kind of words carefully and correctly. Again, that only applies inside this forum.

Ah, and thanks for enlightening me about the word plot hole!
Jun 22, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
But the point is, in my comment about the series, I just stated my opinion which doesn't really count as a real review from a wise critic.
Problem is I always understand the word Plot Hole as meaning contradiction within the plot. The use of the word as not enough explanation is actually wrong. And it is not just me - like kenshin_sama said, there are people who understand the word only as they learn it from the real world, not from some chitchat in some internet forums. The several words that I mentioned in my previous post are all indication of a tendency to use strong word to describe something that does not warrant its use, be it "cliffhanger" "incoherent" "generic" or "plot hole". It is not a matter of formality but writing using the right choice of words. At the end this forum is not your private group - you are writing something to be read by people from everywhere with diversified background. Why not use words in its right meaning? And to be honest, "plot hole" is not even a formal word or word for academic writing -- there are even more pedantic word for that. And I am sorry if you feel being picked on - this is not my intention and I am sure there are others who use this word in the same questionable way too. It is just recently I have seen all kinds of doubtful use of English words in anime reviews that seeing another one today got me want to write something. And I might write the same when I see others use "plot hole" in the same questionable way in future... Anyway, No offense.

Jun 22, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:
-MgZ_ said:
But the point is, in my comment about the series, I just stated my opinion which doesn't really count as a real review from a wise critic.
Problem is I always understand the word Plot Hole as meaning contradiction within the plot. The use of the word as not enough explanation is actually wrong. And it is not just me - like kenshin_sama said, there are people who understand the word only as they learn it from the real world, not from some chitchat in some internet forums. The several words that I mentioned in my previous post are all indication of a tendency to use strong word to describe something that does not warrant its use, be it "cliffhanger" "incoherent" "generic" or "plot hole". It is not a matter of formality but writing using the right choice of words. At the end this forum is not your private group - you are writing something to be read by people from everywhere with diversified background. Why not use words in its right meaning? And to be honest, "plot hole" is not even a formal word or word for academic writing -- there are even more pedantic word for that. And I am sorry if you feel being picked on - this is not my intention and I am sure there are others who use this word in the same questionable way too. It is just recently I have seen all kinds of doubtful use of English words in anime reviews that seeing another one today got me want to write something. And I might write the same when I see others use "plot hole" in the same questionable way in future... Anyway, No offense.

I understand that there are some people like you and kenshin_sama who find it hard to accept those words that you learned from real world with hard work and dedication being thrown out by people who can't even define its proper meaning. As you said there are some people who only learned those words from chitchat or reviews just like me. Then those people will spread those words with the same incorrect meaning. It will be a chain effect. Well, you can't really blame anyone for that. It's just how internet works. Plus we can't do anything to it. "Most people uses it like that so why don't I do the same" - is the normal attitude of a person. I guess you can blame the world for not having an equal education for everybody. I agree that using the right choice of words as much as possible is the proper thing to do. But in a situation like this, where people uses the word in a different meaning to the point that most people are actually used to it, I think there's no problem using it like that. Understanding the real meaning of the word is important too. But it's kinda pointless to correct every person you see who uses that word since it won't change anything as a whole. "You kill a virus in one minute and it multiples thrice in the same amount of time" or something like that.

symbv said:
At the end this forum is not your private group

You maybe right, but I humbly disagree. I think you are being too strict as a person. The users should have the freedom to say what they want as long as they abide the rules. There's really no restriction in the choice of words in MAL which is a good thing. Because not everyone have the same level of education. If everyone in MAL are forced to write constructively or sensibly then I bet half of the users will just go away. There's just no fun in that. While there are people with diversified background who read the comments and reviews in this forum, there are also people who didn't even went to school and just stumbled upon the internet > discover the greatness of an Anime and enjoys chatting with the people who have the same interests as them (No, I'm not referring to myself! LOL). Well, I guess it's just a matter of preference of whom you want to interact with.

Nononononono, I didn't feel offended in any way. I understand what you meant and what you are trying to say. I even thanked you for enlightening me about the word plot hole. That was sincere and not sarcastic. I'm glad that for some reason, we always end up in a discussion.

Edit: Some spelling mistakes
-MgZ_Jun 22, 2013 12:01 PM
Jun 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2013
solid last episode i guess. Not really anything happened that i didn't expect, but it was good nonetheless.

The series overall was good, it started kinda slow, but got better towards the kurumi arc. The characters were ok, wasn't a big fan of the MC though (who was? lol)

Overall I give the show a 7/10
Gonna watch the 2nd season as well.
Jun 23, 2013 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
Kiss kiss kiss
Jun 23, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2010
Glad to see Kurumi till the end

Now I got to wait for the secon season, can't wait for it !! >_<
Jun 23, 2013 5:55 AM

May 2012
The ending wasnt bad, overall 7/10 and I will watch the second season for sure, I dont like tsundere characters but kotori was cute in this episode so is alright.
Jun 23, 2013 9:19 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
symbv said:
At the end this forum is not your private group

You maybe right, but I humbly disagree. I think you are being too strict as a person. The users should have the freedom to say what they want as long as they abide the rules. There's really no restriction in the choice of words in MAL which is a good thing. Because not everyone have the same level of education. If everyone in MAL are forced to write constructively or sensibly then I bet half of the users will just go away. There's just no fun in that.
Maybe, but the price is confusion that comes with the questionable use of words. You have the freedom, no doubt, to write what you want, but you cannot expect everyone would react to what you write as you expect them to be. If you write in rough language, some people may want to call you out on that. If you write in confusing language, people may be led to think that you are trying to say something that is not what you really meant. Having the freedom does not mean that the result or consequence would be the same whatever way you feel like writing. You talk about "plot holes" and people who learn the word from outside chatroom environment (be it from wiki or from class or by reading reviews on newspapers etc) think you are talking about contradictions in the story. Confusion and arguments may ensue. What is the benefit of it? Just because you think that you have to use the word because otherwise your freedom is curtailed? That is my point.

Jun 23, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
Good series, I enjoyed all the characters except Origami. Can't wait for the OVA & Season 2!

8/10
Jun 23, 2013 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
A fine series, 6/10.Liked most of characters besides IMO annoying as hell Origami.
Kurumi, Kotori and Yoshino are best girls.Can't wait to see second season and more of episodes with them!

Also, season 2 preview got me really interested.That girl in long, white hair looks awesome.
Jun 23, 2013 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed the series! It got really good after the Kurumi Arc but I'll give it a 6/10 because the main plot.. this whole making choices through a date game and having to date the spirits and kiss them to seal their powers is just kinda stupid.

Last episode was ok.. All went smoothly.
Waiting for S2 now :)
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jun 24, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
As the first series was not bad, but the ending is not excited!
Jun 24, 2013 4:53 PM

Dec 2009
Although a little lacklustering on emotional impact, this is a pretty decent anime. And of course, the music within it shall always be kept in a place of my heart. <3
Jun 24, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Dallykun said:
Although a little lacklustering on emotional impact, this is a pretty decent anime. And of course, the music within it shall always be kept in a place of my heart. <3

Dat Kurumi music.

Credit goes to the uploader.

Dat 2nd theme.
Those strings. Those woodwinds. Dat harmonic dissonance mixed with that sharp melodic line.
You something really messed up is about to happen.
OmniknightJun 24, 2013 8:12 PM
Jun 24, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2013
kotori look cute when she blush
Jun 24, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
Was quite good series, 7/10. Looking forward S2!
Jun 25, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2011
Kurumi rocks! <3
Yoshino HHNNGG!

Finally it's over =) 7/10 for the whole serie. And not looking forward the second season =)
Jun 25, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
Boring as Infinite Stratos
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 25, 2013 3:52 PM

Oct 2008
Natodayo said:
Kurumi rocks! <3
Yoshino HHNNGG!

Finally it's over =) 7/10 for the whole serie. And not looking forward the second season =)

Kurumi alone basically raised my scoring of this anime by a full 7 points to an 8 out of 10.

GodlyKyon said:
Boring as Infinite Stratos

Agreed, when Kurumi has no screentime.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.