Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2012
Kotori's too cute, really turned out to be one of the ones I almost didn't even try this season and also turned out to be so so enjoyable! Season 2 please!

Jun 17, 2013 7:31 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty good episode. This show seems to be a generic harem but i just love it so much. Who am i kidding, i love harem. But this series has more to it with the added Spirits etc and im really glad the anime turned out great. The OP, ED and the seiyuus were all awesome.

All the cast were great with their own uniqueness. Tohka being a glutton is so cute. Yoshino is the personification of cute and Kurumi is just down right hot. Cant really say much about Origami though lol though she was funny during some scenes. Needed more Kotori with "onii-chan" thought and more dere-ness. Now back to reading the LN. 10/10
Jun 17, 2013 7:34 AM

Oct 2012
I am little bit confused - but they still haven't revealed identity of that mystery spirit that was on five year old record, right? So Kurumi was involved in this?

Well, this show doesn't have great story but it was exciting and I enjoyed it nonetheless.
I like those little tidbits like variating openings, endings, date choice selection, references to other animes (f.e. anyone noticed Eiken-ish water-slide in last one? :D), visual novels and so on.

Great character design and good mix of fanservice and action. Can't wait for season 2!

7/10
Jun 17, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2012
Heartwarming ending i think...but i still confused about what kurumi did when she's babbling "That is still not enough?" and what happen with oriigami? :S

well, when yoshino show up "To be Continue..Sometimes" i think we still have chance for S2..maybe.. OwO

7.5/10
MayuAsagiriJun 17, 2013 8:51 AM
Jun 17, 2013 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
Seemse like they decided to go with a open ending, seeing kurumi aswell planning something. This obviously screams for a second season.

I would've liked a couple of more episodes since there are some unresolved buisness imo, obviously the whole kurumi deal (just glad they showed her at the end) and what exacly happend with mana? Also the fact that it seemed a little rushed.

Overall I liked the show though, the ending was great with kotori kiss scene ^W^b
Jun 17, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
I was expecting for Shido to go berserk after sealing Kotori's power but heck, that won't happen. He must stall Origami by using mere words only! If only the world works that way *sigh*

Well, at least, they gave us an interesting finale episode, had some giggle here and there. This series is entertaining in it's own way, but the only thing that is truly decent about this is Kurumi's arc, if not for that, this is nothing but a 3rd rate mediocre harem show.

6/10
Jun 17, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
So it's ended already... Too bad many things left unanswered..
Well, decent show, not bad, but nothing special either.
To LN readers: is date a live supposed to be animated like this? what do you think of the maker doing its job to animate this series?
I don't read the LN so I have no idea what's really going on there >.>
Jun 17, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
julyan04 said:
I was expecting for Shido to go berserk after sealing Kotori's power but heck, that won't happen. He must stall Origami by using mere words only! If only the world works that way *sigh*
Only he can do that because Origami is absolutely infatuated with him. Without that, I am sure Shido is dead meat by now (ok he has regenerative power he got from Kotori but who knows)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 17, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2012
SoScary said:
To LN readers: is date a live supposed to be animated like this? what do you think of the maker doing its job to animate this series?
I don't read the LN so I have no idea what's really going on there >.>

I've only read the first 2 volumes which covered everything up to Yoshino's arc, and I think it was poorly adapted. It should have been better than this I suppose. But oh well, they can redeem themselves on the 2nd season if there is.
Jun 17, 2013 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
julyan04 said:
Only he can do that because Origami is absolutely infatuated with him. Without that, I am sure Shido is dead meat by now (ok he has regenerative power he got from Kotori but who knows)

Well, I guess that's true. But it's just vexing to see him like that.. (-_-)
Jun 17, 2013 8:44 AM
Jan 2013
As expected Origami is the baddie.

Season 2........forget it.
Jun 17, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
I've read the first five novels, and I think that's a bad adaptation. I'll be waiting for the BD though, it seems like there's some director cut with actual plots included. ( Cutting the plot in the Tv airing, that's such an idea... )
Jun 17, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
julyan04 said:

I was surprised Thoka made it out that fight without a scratch, you would think that between her hate for princess and her obsessive jealous over Shido she would take the chance to beat her up some more.

I don't think that saying that Shido won with the power of words is fair, my understanding of episode 11 is that this new Unit is very damaging to the Pilot body so Origami collapse of exhaustion. Lets remember that Mana is terminally ill because of her unit too.
Jun 17, 2013 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
Not a bad series after all. 8/10 Totally not memorable and not worth re-watching though.

I think I've been generous enough these days that i would give this show an eight despite it's mediocrity. lol.

Anyways, Pretty Mediocre at Most. Nothing Special. Will watch a second season if it's planned to be made in the future.

Overall Rating 7.5/10 Rounded Off to 8.
Jun 17, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
so it's end? meh I like this anime very much ^^
Dat Origami faces xD
So now I'm waiting for OVA :D
Jun 17, 2013 10:16 AM
Jun 2013
was this the last episode of date a live?????
Jun 17, 2013 10:17 AM
Jun 2013
huzefa said:
please reply me im curious
Jun 17, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
huzefa said:
huzefa said:
please reply me im curious
Y
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 17, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
huzefa said:
maybe.. 12/12 sounds like the last episode?
Jun 17, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
It's a shame this adoption was done so badly it could have been a reasonable anime but it was rushed so much that most of the good stuff from the light novels went to waste.
But maybe we should be happy we got a anime adoption at all it's hard to say.
In any case would have loved to see more of the jokes from the LN in this anime the fights could have been more detailed as well like they where in the novels.
I would also have liked to see more focus on the heroines.
Jun 17, 2013 1:16 PM
Apr 2013
Oh man, Origami was pretty pissed off haha. But glad to see everyone was alright.

The Anime did seemed a little rushed but if there is a Season 2, I'd definitely watch it. Also, i hope we get an OVA soon. :D

The Kiss between Shido and Kotori was so cute. :3

Tohka's jealousy was really cute also hehe. Plus how Yoshinon blocked them. XD

But it looks like Kurumi isn't dead yet so, there MUST BE A SEASON 2! :D

Overall great Anime Btw. :D
Jun 17, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2013
Great finale! Even Kurumi had a short appearence, which makes me wonder what her goal actually was? It looked like she doesn't have enough power yet and I guess that's why she wanted to 'consume' Shido. I would appreciate a 2nd season with more Kurumi.
I always thought Origami was a weird stalker, but this episode made her look like a crazy psychopath. Well, now she has time to sort out her feelings, since she's tied to her bed. Genius move! Also, epic double cockblock by Kotori and Yoshinon.
Jun 17, 2013 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
("Life isn't always fun")
Jun 17, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2010
Decent ending. Now I need to read the LNs cuz apparently they are way better.

2nd season would be good if they would do better with the pacing, characters, and add more action and things. ^^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jun 17, 2013 7:56 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed this a lot. And it makes me sad that it's the last episode. But Yoshino said it will continue, I hope it's true.
I usually despise Origami Tobiichi, but I put myself in her place, and yeah, if someone do something like that to my parents, I probably would want revenge too.
Yoshino has become the blue-haired character I appreciated the most in recent times. It's so adorable! How not to get attached to her?
And Tohka, my favorite. I'd love to see one last kiss between her and Shido.
Overall, i'll wait for a second season, because I quite liked this.

Jun 17, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
lolol that Wincest kiss. Like it cuz Kotori ftw

That ending.. 2nd season?

I love you.... as a little sister that is. Freaking rejected.
Jun 17, 2013 9:40 PM

Apr 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
This episode covered the material of LN volume 4 chapter 10. The scene of after the kiss scene between Kotori and Shido, the vision that Shido saw about 5 years ago of what happening between him and her was longer in the LN, it was more dramatic and heartwarming. The scene where Kurumi was longer too. I guess it can't be helped since the anime can't be that coherent. I still prefer the light novel more.

I liked the rides that Shido took Kotori to. The way how Kotori blushed was cute. Kotori vs Origami battle scene was alright.

Not a bad ending for this episode.

makarov52 said:
hmm soukka.. maybe just some kind of filler yeah? hmm.. :3

I don't think the ova will be a filler. I will say it was more like a side story.

Link where i can read the LN ?
Jun 17, 2013 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
I was satisfied with the ending and hopefully they do make the second season .
Jun 18, 2013 12:46 AM

Mar 2013
Good ending :D
I hope there will be a 2nd season that covers the rest of the light novel
I wanted to see more of Kurumi and Tohka though
I'm gonna wait for the OVA, and hopefully it is at least good.
TrizeptJun 18, 2013 12:49 AM
Jun 18, 2013 5:47 AM

May 2013
so kotori ships shido and tohka?
Jun 18, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2013
Good last episode, That kiss at the end with tokha darn!! well a bit sad its done, well theres always a hope for season 2 :D
sweetsymphonyJun 18, 2013 6:28 AM
Tch.
Jun 18, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
In the novel that kiss scene was in Yoshino Arc. It's not a bad thing to put it only at the end of the season.
Jun 18, 2013 1:34 PM

Jul 2011
This show was not bad at all.

6/10
Jun 18, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Decent finale, but the overall show was a wreck. Felt too rushed, MC was generic as hell and Origami was incredibly annoying. Some parts were also pretty bland/stupid.
But the music is nice, Kurumi was awesome and it was rather entertaining, all things considered.
6/10 and I feel kinda bad for liking this lel
Jun 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2011
FINITO

Well all in all that was pretty, well, difficult to stomach AHEMTOHKAAHEM

There were.... some decent moments in the series I GUESS, unlike some shitty kiss like this:

Though we also got funny moments like this:

ANYWAYS despite all these problems there was ONE character who redeemed the series, well for me at least, and that character is! *drumroll*

Don't reeeeally want to go into details but I think the consensus is that Kurumi is the best girl, just because.

My rating for the anime WOULD be a 3/10, BUT Kurumi alone makes me want to give this sh*t a 10000000/10 but BECAUSE MAL doesn't allow that, I'll just go for a 6/10, it was pretty fine I guess I mean it would be a God tier anime if it was centered around Kurumi alone but hey whatever right?

Jun 18, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
The writing in this was beyond stupid but oh my god Kotori is so cute.
Jun 18, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
When I see all this love with Kannazuki I can only hope for a second season. This guy will be even more awesome o/
Jun 19, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
6/10 for me, but this was a pretty good episode.

Highlights : Wincest Kiss, Double cockblock at the end
Jun 19, 2013 12:54 AM

May 2013
Damn, I didn't get to see the kiss at the end.

6/10
Jun 19, 2013 2:03 AM

Feb 2013
Average series with a decent ending. Hope there's a season 2.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 19, 2013 2:37 AM

Apr 2011
Araragi007 said:

6/10

Just shows he isn't ending with Tohka, and obviously translates for a possible season two.
Jun 19, 2013 2:44 AM

Sep 2011
Araragi007 said:

6/10

There'll be more kisses in the future if this will get an another season.

Let's just have some hope for the sales.

Jun 19, 2013 5:49 AM

Aug 2012
I never read the LN so I have no idea what it's like, but the anime was so and so at best. Animation and music was good at least.

Having read through this thread, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who strongly disliked Origami for the majority of the anime. Every time she was on screen I felt like puking. Glad she got what she deserved.
I was wondering when Shido would say "I love you. As my little sister, that is." and then he went and said it in the end. One would think he'd realize at this point that Kotori's feelings for him are romantic, not that of a sibling. Oh well, seeing as Tohka was the first spirit Shido saved and them almost kissing at the end kind of makes me see them as the "official" pairing. I'd totally go for Kotori though.

Was a little annoyed we didn't get to see who the mystery spirit was, but I can deal with it.

All in all, it was an enjoyable ride. I'd definitely watch a second season, despite the obvious downside of more Origami.
Jun 19, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
Nice ending, I guess...
Jun 19, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for the sequel
Jun 19, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2011
Oh God. Lots of loose ends.

Kurumi, Mana, and of course their pasts! Give us a second season!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
not satisfied with the conversation of between Origami and Shido....

need to wait for the full translation of the LN...

LOL at Shidou pretending that he's a scaredy-cat with Kotori just to hold hands with him....

i give this anime an 8/10...well, i only watch this anime because of Kurumi so yeah....

hoping for season 2 of this...

xD
Jun 19, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
EuphoricVibes said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:
This episode covered the material of LN volume 4 chapter 10. The scene of after the kiss scene between Kotori and Shido, the vision that Shido saw about 5 years ago of what happening between him and her was longer in the LN, it was more dramatic and heartwarming. The scene where Kurumi was longer too. I guess it can't be helped since the anime can't be that coherent. I still prefer the light novel more.

I liked the rides that Shido took Kotori to. The way how Kotori blushed was cute. Kotori vs Origami battle scene was alright.

Not a bad ending for this episode.

makarov52 said:
hmm soukka.. maybe just some kind of filler yeah? hmm.. :3

I don't think the ova will be a filler. I will say it was more like a side story.

Link where i can read the LN ?

Baka Tsuki for the English version.
Jun 20, 2013 12:48 PM

Mar 2010
Felt sooo rushed and los of fillers give it a 6/10 liked it but i would love it if it were 24 episodes with more story/development to it..

The ending is open ad quite lame.. Its a shae really

My fav girl is tohka and next s kurumi
Jun 20, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
Best part of the episode IMO:

It may have only been 5 seconds... but it was the best 5 seconds.

YanderesFTW said:
Kurumi should get her own spinoff series...
i'd pay to watch it....

If there was a spin-off... my life would actually be complete. I'm serious.

Like if the whole series just focused on the Kurumi arc, I would have gave it an easy 8/10. But since it wasn't, low 6. With that being said, PLEASE GIVE US A SECOND SEASON! ;-;
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.