Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2013 3:30 AM
Feb 2013
HAHA Sagabitch.

Damn, Yukinoshita still adorable as ever.

Hikigaya x Yui was awkward at the end lol

and also Hikigaya being pro as ever
Jun 14, 2013 3:48 AM

Dec 2011
Oh, I just love Hikigaya.

He was so spot on about Sagami. What a way to break the wind. LOL at Yukino laughing because of that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2013 4:37 AM
Jun 2013
zamurai said:
yukinon have changed character.. not so cold anymore :P
did not even shoo them away when they came to visit her.
and she waved at hikki!! xDD
also kind of funny he kinda have a date with yui now

Yukino surprised that Hachiman is visiting her. I mean, Yukino didnt visit him when he was injured because he is hit by Yukino's car. Therefore i think she allow them to enter because she want to made up with him.

Sorry for my bad english :)
Jun 14, 2013 4:47 AM

Jan 2013
Another great episode

Hachiman getting serious
Yukino becoming dere
Haruno getting part of her intentions revealed
Sagami falling into the grave she dug for herself

I'm thankful for the witty dialogues ^^
Jun 14, 2013 5:14 AM
Mar 2009
Go home Sagami you're drunk.
Jun 14, 2013 5:25 AM

May 2013
ebina is way too into BL
Jun 14, 2013 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
So it is as I thought last time - Sagami really is not bad in her core, she just wanted to stand out and make her dreams come true. But at the same time she really has no experience or leader qualities so obvious stuff happened. She failed pretty hard. I don't really get that Haruno's thing with common enemy (I mean - was that really the thing that made Yukino reassess her opinion in the first place?) but at least Yukino is full of energy again and festival was success.

Also, was that date proposal from Yui to Hikki?

LEGOF said:
Is it just me, or is this arc really boring? I dunno, I think the cast is interesting, but the drama they're in is making me yawn. The only saving grace for this episode for me was Yui.

I guees it's not boring at its core but truth is it's very hard to get. Teenage students tend to be overly dramatic over petty little problems sometimes but on the other hand, that's what their school days revolves around. In such environment all they care for is recognition and appreciation of others and it's no wonder they are getting depressed or happy due to such common situations.
Mich666Jun 14, 2013 5:45 AM
Jun 14, 2013 5:55 AM

Feb 2013
I really liked this episode. Yukino's obviously starting to fall for that dreamboat, Hachiman. I wonder if something interesting will happen with Sagami later on?
Jun 14, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2011
Mich666 said:
So it is as I thought last time - Sagami really is not bad in her core, she just wanted to stand out and make her dreams come true. But at the same time she really has no experience or leader qualities so obvious stuff happened. She failed pretty hard. I don't really get that Haruno's thing with common enemy (I mean - was that really the thing that made Yukino reassess her opinion in the first place?) but at least Yukino is full of energy again and festival was success.

Also, was that date proposal from Yui to Hikki?

Wow! You actualy fallen on the oldest textbook trick. You know being sympathetic doesn't make you better person just small fry.

Also it's quite clear that Hikki little slogan speach didn't make her reassess her opinion but it gave her opportunity react as she wanted (and Hikki planed). As result she could takeover lead, negate Sagami decission and ultimately rend her to be just figurehead of commite without any actual power.

And so festival were success.
Tenzen12Jun 14, 2013 6:25 AM
Jun 14, 2013 6:21 AM
Dec 2012
I seriously fell in love with Yukinon 's sister , damn she such a great bitch she is even better than Hachiman Loner power ,she used her gentle smile, cheerful attitude , influence and merciless method such as support Sagami and lead her to the demise ,she remind me of Kerrigan "even i'm evil and traitor you can't help cause everybody will trust me"

different betwen leadership and boss

pokpokzaJun 14, 2013 6:30 AM
Jun 14, 2013 6:49 AM

Oct 2012
Only 2 more episodes :/
Jun 14, 2013 6:55 AM

Oct 2010
Yukino ♥
Jun 14, 2013 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
That ending suggested Sagami is up to something most likely out of anger or revenge and i guess it's either aimed at Yukino or Hikki maybe even both of them.
Well the reasons for failing is mostly her own fault tho she barely did anything to help out and stage frights is something she has to overcome herself.
Hikki's sarcasm well that's just how he is but if he didn't do it someone else would have.
Jun 14, 2013 7:11 AM

May 2013
cute cute cute episode
Jun 14, 2013 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
Nah,not Yukino and Hikki but just Hikki,they have a past that can use it as an advantage for her.
It's just speculation thou' that the things that ties Sagami,Yukino,Hikki and Hayaman will be revealed by doing so.You know,"I like someone with "H" letter"(Hayaman) and Hayaman was after Yukino -> Yukino wasnt liking him.It's the effect you often see in social life.
Nice guy ->Nice girl -> Douche -> Douche girl in the end the douche girl and the nice guy ends alone.
By douche I mean theyr attitude is arrogant,expecting everyone to know what she/he knows and also expecting everyone to do as he/she pleases.
My description isnt that good but you see my point,everyone is running after the wrong person and someone is the 5th wheel.As of now Yui is the 5th wheel.
FluffyFleshJun 14, 2013 7:29 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 14, 2013 7:23 AM

Dec 2012
I loved how Hikki used himself as a scapegoat just to get the committee back on track. That takes some serious guts and willpower.

Yukinoshita's personality is getting better, but I would still favor Yuigahama xD

Due to the preview, I think next week we will have Sagami doing some revenge on Hikki and anyone else who had a part in embarrassing her. >.>

This anime never fails to surpass my expectations. I have truly grown to love it and I hope that they end the series on a good note :D
Jun 14, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2011
BloodyNightsky said:
Nah,not Yukino and Hikki but just Hikki,they have a past that can use it as an advantage for her.
It's just speculation thou' that the things that ties Sagami,Yukino,Hikki and Hayaman will be revealed by doing so.You know,"I like someone with "H" letter"(Hayaman) and Hayaman was after Yukino -> Yukino wasnt liking him.It's the effect you often see in social life.
Nice guy ->Nice girl -> Douche -> Douche girl in the end the douche girl and the nice guy ends alone.
By douche I mean theyr attitude is arrogant,expecting everyone to know what she/he knows and also expecting everyone to do as he/she pleases.
My description isnt that good but you see my point,everyone is running after the wrong person and someone is the 5th wheel.As of now Yui is the 5th wheel.

This theory has one fatal flaw. Hikki were going to different middle and elementary schools than other two and novels confirm Hikki didn't knew Sagami prior episode nine. I guess he just remembered that girl simply cause she and Sagami has similiar appearence
Tenzen12Jun 14, 2013 7:49 AM
Jun 14, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
BloodyNightsky said:

Now wait just a minute. You're getting ahead of yourself again. You're making it sound like every flashback of Hachiman only ever referred to Sagami, which is pretty much impossible. If Sagami has ever been part of Hachiman's past, then she's the girl in the last flashback (ep10) - and none other, while you're trying to say she's also girl from flashback ep1, part3. They don't look alike at all!
I'll just post all related flashback pictures here (glad I prepared them beforehand), so please use them to explain what the heck you're trying to say.

Also, Hayama, Yukino and Hikigaya don't have a common past, since Hachiman met Yukino in the clubroom for the first time. Remember that Hachiman and Hayato talked about how it WOULD have been if Hachiman was in Hayato's grade/middle school (ep8).

Jun 14, 2013 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Uuuu...
Felt a bit bad for Sagami but she got what she deserved.

I guess I'm the only one here who found Haruno's attitude annoying :/
I understand she had good intention but the way she acted + that fake smile + dat laugh O.o was unbearable for me. One episode back she pretended to be on Sagami's side to help Yukino grow etc etc... But then, after Hachiman resolved the problem, she thought "all's good" and switched sides just like that.
Not only did she hurt Yukino (to an extent), but she also used Sagami like a toilet paper.
She played them all like violin AND she felt proud of it.
*sigh* Sorry for ranting :P

But great episode nonetheless :P
Glad the problem's resolved.

Oh and what's with the baobabs reference at the beginning?
I didn't get that :P
What sort of BL was it supposed to imply?
removed-userJun 14, 2013 8:04 AM
Jun 14, 2013 8:07 AM
Apr 2013
Net-Raid said:
Uuuu...
Felt a bit bad for Sagami but she got what she deserved.

I guess I'm the only one here who found Haruno's attitude annoying :/
I understand she had good intention but the way she acted + that fake smile + dat laugh O.o was unbearable for me. One episode back she pretended to be on Sagami's side to help Yukino grow etc etc... But then, after Hachiman resolved the problem, she thought "all's good" and switched side just like that.
Not only did she hurt Yukino (to an extent), but she also used Sagami like a toilet paper.
She played them all like violin AND she felt proud of it.
*sigh* Sorry for ranting :P

But great episode nonetheless :P
Glad the problem's resolved.

Oh and what's with the baobabs reference at the beginning?
I didn't get that :P
What sort of BL was it supposed to imply?

And here I thought I was the only one, don't worry, she (Haruno) annoyed me too, I hate that type of character.

Two more episodes, huh? Well, hoping for a second season
Jun 14, 2013 8:20 AM
Jun 2013
Anyone know if this show is doing well? I really want there to be a second season, even if it takes a few years.
Jun 14, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
I wouldnt relate to pictures of anime characters when they were kids.If I'd do then the last pick looks exactly like her from side view.
As I said it's just speculation. :)
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 14, 2013 9:22 AM
Dec 2012
very nice episode
Jun 14, 2013 9:24 AM

May 2010
Hikki- i'm being victimized lol, an alright episode enjoyed it for the most part, seeing that useless chainman getting bopped, trying to be a leader at the last min doesnt work.

Hikki also take the full brush of everything but he the kind of dude that doesnt care about omost anything, so to him, doing what he did was a good thing showing everyone need to pull their own load for stuff to get done.

On to Haruno what is she even doing there from im seeing she not even help all that much just giving shitty advise and messing up the flow, even is she has good intention (even tho i dont see em yet) try helping your sister out instead of being nuisance to her all the time.
Jun 14, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
aaaand thats how karma works, Sagami. Questions?
Jun 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
I love the Yui x 8man scene. Yui looks cute after 8man said he would think about the invitation.

I just hope Sagami will continue to be depressed and stop being a trouble for the rest of the ep.

I got a feeling that her friends will try to destroy or trick Yukinoshita in the last ep but it would be probably for only just few scene cause Hikki might be there and Sagami and friends would get caught.

Die Sagami Die
Jun 14, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
Hydnlife said:
Hikki- i'm being victimized lol, an alright episode enjoyed it for the most part, seeing that useless chainman getting bopped, trying to be a leader at the last min doesnt work.

Hikki also take the full brush of everything but he the kind of dude that doesnt care about omost anything, so to him, doing what he did was a good thing showing everyone need to pull their own load for stuff to get done.

On to Haruno what is she even doing there from im seeing she not even help all that much just giving shitty advise and messing up the flow, even is she has good intention (even tho i dont see em yet) try helping your sister out instead of being nuisance to her all the time.

Didn't she stated already what her intetions are? To unite commite against common enemy, it's just happaned it took Hikki instead of Sagami.
Jun 14, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2013
Watched this episode 3 times now, and I'm quite satisfied with it. Sagami took quite a hit from 8man, while everyone got their spirit back to do their job, while 8man still got a lot of paperwork to do. :P And a bit of Yukinon x 8man (or so I thought) and Yui x 8man moment.

And.. you know that 8man are going to perform his shittiest solution when he begin to say like this:

Can't wait for the final resolution of Oregairu. :D
psy8hillmeJun 14, 2013 11:20 AM
Jun 14, 2013 9:57 AM
Aug 2011
Wow... i don't really understand why peoiple are so cross with Haruno.
1. She NEVER approved of Sagami from the moment she was late for the meeting in the previous ep. Haruno did put a thick facade, being friendly with Sagami after all but her first reaction is utter despise. She just doesn't want to be harsh to people so that's why she puts all that "thick facade".
2. Her laugh was coming from heart, i guess. Btw, the slogan 8man came up with is really smart and funny, can't blame her, honestly :)
3. I guess she's really worried about her little sister and cares a lot about her. I guess the series made it obvious with her line "conflict and developement go hand in hand" that she just wants to give her sister extra motivation to do better with the festival and to look out for her as well.
I really think Haruno is the best ^_^
Though no Hachiman X Haruno is possible as Haruno would never do smth like that to her little sister.
Jun 14, 2013 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Tenzen12 said:
Didn't she stated already what her intetions are? To unite commite against common enemy, it's just happaned it took Hikki instead of Sagami.

Actually, at that point she was talking more about how it takes a villain to make others grow, that growth and conflict go hand in hand. What I took from Hachiman's question was the realization that Haruno is playing the villain toward Yukino in order to provide her a conflict to grow from.
Jun 14, 2013 10:07 AM

May 2013
Naoki-Saten said:

Now wait just a minute. You're getting ahead of yourself again. You're making it sound like every flashback of Hachiman only ever referred to Sagami, which is pretty much impossible. If Sagami has ever been part of Hachiman's past, then she's the girl in the last flashback (ep10) - and none other, while you're trying to say she's also girl from flashback ep1, part3. They don't look alike at all!
I'll just post all related flashback pictures here (glad I prepared them beforehand), so please use them to explain what the heck you're trying to say.

Also, Hayama, Yukino and Hikigaya don't have a common past, since Hachiman met Yukino in the clubroom for the first time. Remember that Hachiman and Hayato talked about how it WOULD have been if Hachiman was in Hayato's grade/middle school (ep8).

I'm sorry for being out of the topic but I can't stop laughing when I remember 8man's reaction from your spoilers. xD
Jun 14, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Simply put she follows to pair Yukino and Hikki.If she wanted her sister to grow from it rather than Yukino and Hikki relationship then the teacher wouldnt have forced him to attend the comitee,note that the teacher and Haruno know each other.It might be just a plan of those 2.
Jun 14, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2013
This episode was great! Hachiman was awesome as always, the way that he sacrificed himself just so he could slander Sagami was great. Yukino was just adorable this episode, glad to see that her relationship with Hachiman is now somewhat better than it was.

It's sad to see that this series has only 2 episodes left, I definitely want a second season but even if it happens it seems that we're still far from it we need more light novel volumes.
Jun 14, 2013 10:53 AM
Jan 2013

EEEEEEWWW, EEEEWWWW, I cant stand Yaoi.

Gosh, I wonder what has gotten to her that she becomes that nice to Hikki?

Oh well, all's well for the school's festival but not for Sagami.

Asfor the home visit, Hikki went ahead while Yui stayed behind a little bit, so what did them girls talked about?........I'm starting to think that one of them is bisexual.
Jun 14, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2009
kitkatxz said:
LEGOF said:
Is it just me, or is this arc really boring? I dunno, I think the cast is interesting, but the drama they're in is making me yawn. The only saving grace for this episode for me was Yui.

Well, from the episodes to leading to this one you can tell they arn't going to go overheaded with drama, which i find quite refreshing cause with all the stupid melodrama shows that do this aka Toradora and they're high school kids they just want to live a normal life without conflict. IMO i don't find a problem with the way the show does drama.

Yeah this show handles the awkward encounters much more naturally and realistically compared to the over the top melodrama seen in shows such as Toradora and Sakurasou.

I absolutely adore how efficiently and intelligently Hachiman handles things. He doesn't wimp out and let the problems escalate before solving them as seen from the main characters in Toradora/Sakurasou. Hachiman nips the issues in the bud before they bloom into a giant mess, and that's the charm of this show compared to other romcoms.
Jun 14, 2013 11:00 AM

Oct 2012
I did enjoy this episode. Hikki's speech I thought was going to shed some light. I laughed at the play. sheer comedy. I too will be saddened to see it end
Jun 14, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Hachiman cant get lower than he is,social-wise,so he has nothing to lose while those who does them a favor have.When you have nothing to lose you have nothing to hold you back.
Social-wise,when you dont give a fuck about what others may think or think about you,you have nothing to lose if you are a loner,forced by circumstances or just because you are sick of people and somehow you morphed into a myzanthrope.
And if you play your card like you have nothing to lose and add some brains to it it will turn out into a brilliant execution.
Jun 14, 2013 11:19 AM
Jan 2011

Nice to see her waving "bye" to Hikki.

Looks like everything is going great on the school's festival, except for Sagami, serves her right.

I think I'm gonna puke.
Jun 14, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2013
Baddie007 said:

EEEEEEWWW, EEEEWWWW, I cant stand Yaoi.

You should be lucky though. If only 8man is not the committee and he is involved with this drama. You will see this Hikki x Hayama moment. >:D
Jun 14, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
100/5

Damn really great episode.

Yukino is baaaaack!

I wonder what did Yuigahama and Yukino talk about when 8man left. Hoping that it was about 8man.

SAGABITCH GOT FUCKING OWNED BY 8MAN. Holy shit. Most BA moment of 8man throughout the series. It was epic and hilarious.

LOL at Class E's play. Couldn't even imagine 8man doing the role.

Well, I bet Sagabitch will suicide or something and then someone will put the blame on Yukino.

In any case, Yukino was very cute this episode. I think it's the first time she laughed. Truly priceless.
Jun 14, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2013
-MgZ_ said:
100/5

Damn really great episode.

Yukino is baaaaack!

In any case, Yukino was very cute this episode. I think it's the first time she laughed. Truly priceless.

I agree her laugh was priceless
I think this is also priceless
Jun 14, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2009
Kyaaaaaa~ I so love the ending very much!!!!! Yui and Hachiman were too cute for me to watch!!!!!!! *^*

I love this episode.. the conflict has been solved. I'm happy that Yukinon is back again!!!
3 more episodes left~ I mean 2 episodes left.

Cute. So cute. I love the part when Yukino touched Yui at her shoulder saying that someday she would ask for her help. :) FRIENDSHIP!!!!

GOD. I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS -- YUKINO AND YUI AND HACHIMAN!!!
Zel_EzlJun 14, 2013 12:52 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2013
3? isn't it supposed to be 2?
Zel_Ezl said:
Kyaaaaaa~ I so love the ending very much!!!!! Yui and Hachiman were too cute for me to watch!!!!!!! *^*

I love this episode.. the conflict has been solved. I'm happy that Yukinon is back again!!!
3 more episodes left~
Jun 14, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
He counted the OVA,too.
Jun 14, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
He counted the OVA,too.

Oh, my bad
Jun 14, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2009
Brego1 said:
Yukinoshita brightened up immensely after Yui's initiative and visit. Kudo's to Yui for being the icebreaker between Yukino and Hachiman too. And boy was she clever in setting herself up for a nice little date with Hachiman.

I've been doubting all this time what onee'san is up to, but after this episode it's clear to me that she does love her sister and is trying to give her some tough experiences in order to help her break out of her shell.

THIS. :)
Jun 14, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2012
Iasuru said:

BTW, anyone know if the stickers on the room sign is shown this episode or even the previous episode? I don't recall seeing it in a while o,o

It was shown in the previous episode IIRC.

OT : Good episode overall, and Hikky's slogan was great.
Jun 14, 2013 1:17 PM
Feb 2012
Attaboy, Hikky.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 14, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Zel_Ezl said:
Brego1 said:
Yukinoshita brightened up immensely after Yui's initiative and visit. Kudo's to Yui for being the icebreaker between Yukino and Hachiman too. And boy was she clever in setting herself up for a nice little date with Hachiman.

I've been doubting all this time what onee'san is up to, but after this episode it's clear to me that she does love her sister and is trying to give her some tough experiences in order to help her break out of her shell.

THIS. :)

Just pointing out.She isnt planning in helping just Yukino.She chases 3 targets: Hikki,Yukino and them as a couple.The teacher sent him in the comitee there because,I suspect,she agreed on Harunos plan.Can't you remember that she plans to pair them?
It looks too much like a masterplan done by Haruno and Shizuka.
Do you honestly think that in an anime things,especially in this one,like these ones just HAPPEN to look like that?
Haruno clearly said that she made herself,not clearly but you get what I mean,a common enemy to help them both separate and as a couple since she wants them to team up expecting they'll get closer to one another.
Jun 14, 2013 1:34 PM

Jun 2010
I still can't get over the play.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

437 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

260 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

302 by ViSpace »»
May 23, 6:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.