Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2013 2:34 PM
Jun 2013
Wordsmith said:
What? Come again?

It was just my impression from the story. They were Evolvers once but they gave up all humanity and became mindless.

Chambers line:
"If living beings only seek out happiness and gratification, it isn't necessary for them to have a higher intellect"

That sounds like they are mindless, they function on instinct: eat, reproduce, expand ...
Jun 9, 2013 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Ledo! He's questioning everything he's been doing, and Chamber is just being stupid (well he's programmed a certain way and he's a robot, so I don't expect him to understand Ledo)

THE COMMANDER!!! :O

Jul 2007
Zulichka said:
Wordsmith said:
What? Come again?

It was just my impression from the story. They were Evolvers once but they gave up all humanity and became mindless.

Chambers line:
"If living beings only seek out happiness and gratification, it isn't necessary for them to have a higher intellect"

That sounds like they are mindless, they function on instinct: eat, reproduce, expand ...

Higher intellect according to chamber = reliance on Technology like Chamber and creation of technology like chamber.
Oct 2009
Spirai said:
Thank you for explaining what he was saying. I was having a hard time digesting it all since it almost seemed like he was being biased. But either way, I still don't think war is the answer. If they don't battle each other, would one of them actually die out? I mean they have the whole galaxy to live in, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with living space or overpopulation yet. So why not just sign a peace treaty? Are they unable to communicate with the Hideauze? Have they even tried? What's wrong with having two different species of human- one of which has become so diverse that the Alliance (if the Alliance did program it in Chamber, or, depending on what Chamber meant when he said "I'm a crystallization of perfect intelligence and I reached this conclusion on my own", it's possible that the AIs themselves have decided to exterminate the Hideauze) that it's no longer recognized as 'human'? What's wrong with coexistence....Wow, now I sound like Gargantia. Maybe that was the point of this whole anime; coexistence.

The only reason the Hideazu actually seem to have the upper hand in space battle (the mice vs elephant example is a pretty bad allegory, no idea why people come up with it) is that they are currently better adapted to a battle in space and can utilize the resources better than the humans can (who still need air and so on).
It's closer to having a shark and a bear fight, let them fight in the sea and the shark is going to have the advantage, let them fight on the land and it most likely will go the other way.

If the Hideazu would allow the humans to live (something they have been shown to far to not be the case) they would risk the humans actually further technological developing and spreading eventually putting them at risk.
Imagine the humans getting a foothold on earth, an actual planet with a semi working eco system and using that as a base to terraform and spread. At the same time their technology would keep evolving, in fact without the constant strain of fighting the Hideazu and the resource scarcity their developement would go through the roof and eventually coming back in greater numbers and with better technology the same way it happened on Earth right now.

If you have two species on the same spot one will usually cease to exist, it's the same on Earth. Currently the European squirrel is being driven to extinction by the American one after the latter has been imported to Europe and got loose. Not by actual conflict but simply by the American squirrel being bigger and more efficient at what it does.

Do you really expect the Hideazu, who even followed the continental Union through their spacegate into space when there was no need for would ever stop trying to exterminate the humans?
Jun 9, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2012
Fai said:
Pinnion is one of the best villains/antagonist written in last few years .His reasons are understandable, he is perfectly flawed and hate able, yet also relatable and not over-the-top.

Sorry, I can't agree with you there. I can't relate to Pinion at all and even though I do like the idea of salvaging, I'd rather side with Bellow's method of doing it than Pinion's. Also, I find his 'reason' (avenging his brother) an obvious attempt by some lame writers to add depth to his character by making up some sob story out of nowhere and popping it in as if nothing will be disrupted. His other bits of reasoning, such as concerned with making his fleet appear invincible and trying to ward off other ships who want the treasure, are childish and naive.

Overall, this makes him irritating- like someone you'd roll your eyes at- rather than hateful. Light became despicable, Lelouch was unbelievable, and that bearded commander from Shingeki no Kyojin was detestable along with a bazillion other anime villains who are insufferable enough that you were torn between recognizing them in awe and stabbing your screen enough times to leave a hole. But Pinion? He's merely laughable at best.
SpiraiJun 9, 2013 2:46 PM
Jun 9, 2013 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
WELP.. Kugel is back and he's with some very weird ass Cult group. They're picking up Hideauze bodies all around, I bet they're going to fucking experiment on them and then do some weird ass mutation all over again.
Jun 9, 2013 2:43 PM
Oct 2009
Fai said:
Higher intellect according to chamber = reliance on Technology like Chamber and creation of technology like chamber.

Which isn't exactly wrong, the more intelligent we become the more reliant we become on technologic. Nowadays we are unable to digest things our ancestors could, we have to clean our water and prepare our food when our earliest ancestors could eat much of it raw.
Which would in fact indicate that the Hideazu aren't "that intelligent" anymore. They don't need technology, they don't need intelligence.

Zulichka said:

Which is pretty in line with how they've been shown in story so far. Look at the Earth Hideazu who are shown as little else than animals except for the humanoid one who might really have been the little girl shown to us in the recordings.
Even those in space haven't been shown as actually acting in an intelligent manner, relying mostly on bio technology grown out of themselves and "natural" adaption.
Jun 9, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2007
Spirai said:
Fai said:
Pinnion is one of the best villains/antagonist written in last few years .His reasons are understandable, he is perfectly flawed and hate able, yet also relatable and not over-the-top.

Sorry, I can't agree with you there. I can't relate to Pinion at all and even though I do like the idea of salvaging, I'd rather side with Bellow's method of doing it than Pinion's. Also, I find his 'reason' (avenging his brother) an obvious attempt by some lame writers to add depth to his character by making up some sob story out of nowhere and popping it in as if nothing will be disrupted. His other bits of reasoning, such as concerned with making his fleet appear invincible and trying to ward off other ships who want the treasure, to be childish and naive. Overall, this makes his irritating- like someone you'd roll your eyes at- than hateful. Light became despicable, Lelouch was somewhat hate-able (albeit at the same time lovable), and a bazillion other anime villains who were insufferable enough that you were torn between recognizing them in awe and stabbing your screen enough times to leave a hole. But Pinion? He's a laughing-stock.

your reasoning falls apart when mentioning Raito and Lelouch as rolemodels for villains, considering both of them were very over-the-top cartoon-type "muhaha I am so evil" type of character(Lelouch less so since he is more of a typical "ends over means, haha I kill babies to save babies" type of guy)

Pinion is essentially the most human character this season.

His fame-seeking is irrational, but rarely anything is rational in humanity and his psychological profile due to trauma at loss of his brother supports the idea of his macho-ism as a protective mechanism. At the same time he is subject to the very basic human lust of power and control, which yet again fits his psychological profile as someone who did not have that much of power or say in the matter of things.

Tyrel said:
WELP.. Kugel is back and he's with some very weird ass Cult group. They're picking up Hideauze bodies all around, I bet they're going to fucking experiment on them and then do some weird ass mutation all over again.

Calling it - it will end up being hideauze vs alliance type of conflict on smaller scale and as Ledo ends up solving it here, leading to both species coexisting, he leaves to bring that kind of solution on t he larger scale conflict in space.

Deleth said:
Fai said:

Which isn't exactly wrong, the more intelligent we become the more reliant we become on technologic. Nowadays we are unable to digest things our ancestors could, we have to clean our water and prepare our food when our earliest ancestors could eat much of it raw.
Which would in fact indicate that the Hideazu aren't "that intelligent" anymore. They don't need technology, they don't need intelligence.

This kind of argumentation relies on scientific advancement as proof of intellect and sheds the idea of transcendence.
Shouldn't human intellect be allowed to transcend its weaknesses over time? Couldn't our consciousness eventually evolve past the need for physical form? What would "technology" be worth to us then? Nothing.
AhenshihaelJun 9, 2013 2:46 PM
Jun 9, 2013 2:45 PM
Jun 2013
Fai said:

I don't think Alliance is controlled by robots and I'm so curious to see if I'm wrong about that.

Also, don't think Chamber has personal preference or ego, or anything that would cause him to influence Ledo for his own gain. He is a machine that does as he is programmed to, he makes a practical analysis based on facts and if he appears to have an opinion, it is the opinion of his makers which doesn't necessarily make it wrong.
Jun 9, 2013 2:48 PM

Jul 2007
Zulichka said:
Fai said:

I don't think Alliance is controlled by robots and I'm so curious to see if I'm wrong about that.

Also, don't think Chamber has personal preference or ego, or anything that would cause him to influence Ledo for his own gain. He is a machine that does as he is programmed to, he makes a practical analysis based on facts and if he appears to have an opinion, it is the opinion of his makers which doesn't necessarily make it wrong.

He did not just "MAKE" an analysis. He presented us with a very complex subjective opinion and world philosophy - something he would NOT have if he was an unaware AI. The very reveal that he is an aware AI indicates personal preferences and ego.
Jun 9, 2013 2:50 PM

Aug 2008
Spirai said:
"Hippie bullshit"? Ledo just had a melt-down because he doesn't understand why he's fighting his own species just because the two disagree how humans should live and some idiotic shallow 'restoring our dignity' that Chamber preached. If anyone was the moronic one, it's whatever's been programmed into Chamber.
Far from it. Maybe it would be true if he truly was fighting his own species (which in itself is not really that unusual). The point is, Hideauze are not human. They have human ancestors who decided to turn themselves in this kind of monstrosities but nothing more. He's not fighting fellow humans but different and hostile species. At this point it doesn't really matter if they are man-made or not.

Fai said:

Yes, how dare he having a breakdown after finding out that his whole life he has been massacring humans~
They are not humans for God's sake.
AntanaruJun 9, 2013 2:57 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 9, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2012
Fai said:
Spirai said:
Fai said:

Sorry, I can't agree with you there. I can't relate to Pinion at all and even though I do like the idea of salvaging, I'd rather side with Bellow's method of doing it than Pinion's. Also, I find his 'reason' (avenging his brother) an obvious attempt by some lame writers to add depth to his character by making up some sob story out of nowhere and popping it in as if nothing will be disrupted. His other bits of reasoning, such as concerned with making his fleet appear invincible and trying to ward off other ships who want the treasure, to be childish and naive. Overall, this makes his irritating- like someone you'd roll your eyes at- than hateful. Light became despicable, Lelouch was somewhat hate-able (albeit at the same time lovable), and a bazillion other anime villains who were insufferable enough that you were torn between recognizing them in awe and stabbing your screen enough times to leave a hole. But Pinion? He's a laughing-stock.

your reasoning falls apart when mentioning Raito and Lelouch as rolemodels for villains, considering both of them were very over-the-top cartoon-type "muhaha I am so evil" type of character(Lelouch less so since he is more of a typical "ends over means, haha I kill babies to save babies" type of guy)

Pinion is essentially the most human character this season.

His fame-seeking is irrational, but rarely anything is rational in humanity and his psychological profile due to trauma at loss of his brother supports the idea of his macho-ism as a protective mechanism. At the same time he is subject to the very basic human lust of power and control, which yet again fits his psychological profile as someone who did not have that much of power or say in the matter of things.

Yeah, I pretty much failed at naming a good list of villains since I don't know many. So if anyone has a list, feel free to post it. But overall, I have seen enough villains- and not just over the top ones- to know that Pinion is a pitiful comparison. I feel like a villain should be, at the very least, intelligent if he wants to harnass any sort of power or control whereas Pinion just seems as if he's not even thinking and is more concerned with living in the moment. However, each to their own. Maybe he'll get better at being 'evil' before the series ends.
Jun 9, 2013 2:54 PM
Jun 2013
I am just so sad this anime has only 13 episodes, there is so much stuff they could have explored and built on.

Thought this week was long waiting to see how Ledo deals with his discovery and now I'm left with even bigger cliffhanger!What will the commander do!

Pinions silly announcement was just a tool to explain how this cult managed to find them so conveniently.
Jun 9, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
Little heavy handed with Chambers lecture to Ledo in the second half but was engaging to listen to nonetheless. Yeah Hideauze are evolved from humans but they're mere shells of their former selves now that they rejected their humanity. Was surprised when Chamber said his link is severed from the Galactic Alliance, woulda been disappointed if Chamber turned out to be the final boss

Oh snap, Kugel's back! He probably knew about the Hideauze the whole time or found out himself when he landed on Earth. His crew looks like a cult about to go on a rampage so I find it doubtful Ledo and Kugel will be able to be on good terms.
Jun 9, 2013 2:55 PM
May 2013
So its a fight between heart and intellect. This all sounds a little byronic to me. So Chamber said that Hideuze are bad, cause they are physically evolved plus they had an intellect while determinant for the humanity is technological advancement. Therefore as we could see, AI can make decission of its own, which can also be treat for the humanity itself (matrix anyone).
Jun 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
linchpin said:
I'm sure the Hideauze would have a good laugh at "the human dignity" part if they heard that speech.

The Hideauze do not have those kind of reasons to fight. I'm quite sure they are convinced they surpassed humanity. They are strong, they are safe, they can live on light in vacuum.

The conflict of two survival strategies? Every species on Earth has a different survival strategy, each and every one of them wants to survive. And most of them coexist without getting in each other's way. Conflicts arise when two species belong to the same ecological niche and fight over resources or territory. I can't see how the Hideauze and the Alliance could compete for territory given that the Hideauze can live almost anywhere in the universe and resources - the Hideauze don't need them. To me, the conflict between Hideauze and The Alliance is like the conflicting survival strategy of mice and whales. Mice in Machine Calibers.

Yep! I completely agree.
These all are valid questions and those who think that the war with Hideauze is justified - should first explain on these points.
Otherwise - they are just fanatics, who want to kill.
Jun 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
Deleth said:

It's bad characterization and makes little sense. He has no problem killing entire ships full of humans, turning them into ash. But finding out that the abominations who so far slaughtered millions of humans, who are threatening human existance both in space and on earth and have shown no problem with attacking and killing humans so far at no point showing more then rudimentary intelligence used to be humans makes him have a breakdown, really?

Lol, you just skipped episode 3-8. whalesquids in the current planet don't actually attack people randomly just because they feel doing so. They only engage when people do some offensive thing to them like invading their nest and so on.
Furthermore, looking back at all the slice of life episode to build-up and develop Ledo's character, he was able to feel the warmth of human and it made him a different person from what he was in the beginning.

I agree with someone said earlier, genocide is and will never be a correct answer. If we want to annihilate all living things just because they posses threats then we aren't different from monster.

And there's a fact that u guys can't deny, Hideauze were once human, they only choose different approach to innovate. Let's just say human were divided into 2 types:
1/ People who prefer technology to advance.
2/ People who prefer biology to advance.
They are all human, the difference is just mindset.
Jun 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Nov 2011
Deleth said:
GDL-URAHARA said:
Yep, I am disturbed as well. So many people here wanting to kill superior life form.
How is the Hideauze a threat? They don't neet the resources which weaker-body-humans need.
So where is the conflict? Why do you need to kill?

Just to kill some one because they are superior in something than you?

Based on that, bringing it to current reality:
So if some one is better than you - they need to be killed. Hm. Ok. Let's see where is lot's of money - US.
Kill all Americans. And this is not terrorism. This is justified survival of weaker humans. /s

What is this I don't even... The Hideazu are not superior in any kind of way, if anything they are different. The reason for fighting them is one the reason to try and keep yourself from eventually being overcome by them.

The Hideazu are antagonistic to humans, period. They have given up on culture, they have given up on technology, they have given up on civilization and pretty much devolved to running on pure instincts. The ones on earth live in giant swarms putting their "babies" all over the place with little concern to them. For all purposes they're closer to animals that anything else.

That being said, Hideazu have at several points even on Earth attacked and killed humans with little concern for them. Pinions brother was killed, the salvage girl was attacked. Hideazu do travel beyond their territory, such a huge swarm being outside and running right into Gargantia can actually serve as proof for them in fact slowly expanding their reach driving into human territory.

Currently the humans on Earth live in a way that is not sustainable in any kind of way, they are between a rock and a hard place without many of them noticing it. If they keep going at their current pace, they will die out in a few generations.

The Hideazu most likely will not allow for any technological developement, so simply by trying to stay alive they would get into conflict with the Earth ones and expanding into space will bring them into conflict with the space Hideazu.

Marzan said:
I got extremely concerned at the faces of those in the cultish group that is accompanying Commander Kugel. That doesn't bode well for Ledo.

Chamber's speech was thought provoking and right on many points. There is one flaw though, and that is the Hideauze left on Earth are either a devolved species of Hideauze or have simply become used to a peaceful lifestyle unlike their space brethren (just like the humans of Gargantia are different to the Galactic Alliance despite having the exact same genes). IN that sense, Chamber/Ledo do not have an obligation to fight and destroy the WhaleSquid.

Actually, they do. The Earth Hideazu do attack and kill humans, we've seen that happen on several occasions. They might just be devolved because they currently are the prime apex predator and humans such as the Gargantian humans are merely another prey for them.

The Gargantian life style is not sustainable, something has to change and about everything will lead to conflict with the Hideazu. The Hideazu who go back to people who had no concerns for ethics and laws of their time, people who commited atrocious experiments and tried to pretty much end humans as they were back then.

The Hideazu are antagonistic to humans, period.
Period my ass. No proof of that. On Earth people and whalesquids have been coexisting peacefully for generations and the humans don't remember a different past besides tales of "land".
For all purposes they're closer to animals that anything else.
And the reason to kill them is their lifestyle, huh? What if I decided that I just want to swim around in the ocean (provided I could) until I die. Would you kill me too? LOL at criticizing whalesquids for the way their babies grow. I could go "eeewwww" at the parasitic relationship between the human fetus and the mother, the ugliness of the placenta and the pain of birth - it would make as much sense. Given up on technology? Technology is there just to make our lives easier. Technology is obsolete in the face of Hideauze capabilities. They already have all the technology to make their lives easy built right into their bodies.

Whalesquids attack people? Don't you think that if one of them jumped onto Gargantia and proceeded to the nursery, people would kill it too? That's what Pinion's brother did.

Currently the humans on Earth live in a way that is not sustainable in any kind of way,

Yeah, SOOO not sustainable. You missed those slice of life episodes? IMO, they are doing good. They are living simple, but fulfilling lives, they work together, help each other, smile, dance etc. They've lived like this for generations. And if nothing changed, would continue to live like this.

they currently are the prime apex predator
Yeah. They eat humans for a living. LOL. Did you miss that part about how they get their energy from the nanobots?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 9, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:
"Hippie bullshit"? Ledo just had a melt-down because he doesn't understand why he's fighting his own species just because the two disagree how humans should live and some idiotic shallow 'restoring our dignity' that Chamber preached. If anyone was the moronic one, it's whatever's been programmed into Chamber.
Far from it. Maybe it would be true if he truly was fighting his own species (which in itself is not really that unusual). The point is, Hideauze are not human. They have human ancestors who decided to turn themselves in this kind of monstrosities but nothing more. He's not fighting fellow humans but different and hostile species. At this point it doesn't really matter if they are man-made or not.

Fai said:

Yes, how dare he having a breakdown after finding out that his whole life he has been massacring humans~

You DO realize that you are calling the monsters for simply being different?
You DO realize just how disgusting such arguments are, right? Considering 99% of homophobes and racists use them in our world.

Please refrain form that.
Jun 9, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 2012
hehe.. next episode could turn out very interesting based on wether kugel is allied to some sort of pirates or not.. maybe hes not even awake since they use some light to put his machine image up in the air.. or?! - did they just find him at the bottom of the hideauze nest and then he came up in the air at that spot and then chamber recognized him as an allied unit?
eeeh.. so many things come up in my head now!! extremely fun :P
rly hope it turns out to be something really awesome in the next episode :D

also.. theres alot of discussions about whether its okay for ledo to slay more hideauze because they were evolved humans.. lets put it up like this.. tomorrow the scientists put up evidence that every single animal lifeform that currently respirates on our earth was all decendants from one thing, but took different measures of lifestyle and ended up being fish, birds, bugs and others.. would you stop yourself from killing a spider or a flie because you then knew that the insect and you were of the same origin?

then again i suppose a war between two living strategies are nothing to be surprised over since theres war in our current world for even less.. people kill to simply be rich or famous, and thats reality! we even see cases with massacre and teorrism where i can't even imagine what ridiculous reasons there is for that.
zamuraiJun 9, 2013 3:14 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

You DO realize just how disgusting such arguments are, right? Considering 99% of homophobes and racists use them in our world.

This reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood around episode 2 or 3 when the dad turned his daughter into chimera, and elric had to kill them.
They were not human anymore, but, they were once human. I had a hard time digest to that.
Jun 9, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
Takana_no_Hana said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

This reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood around episode 2 or 3 when the dad turned his daughter into chimera, and elric had to kill them.
They were not human anymore, but, they were once human. I had a hard time digest to that.

Errrr. you must have been watching a different show considering Edward never did that. He never ever even CONSIDER killing them.
Jun 9, 2013 3:12 PM
Jun 2013
There seems to be two firm beliefs around here:

1. Hideauze are superior beings, newtype human things that just want to be left alone and regular humans that depend on technology are being controlled by AI which pushes them into committing genocide for fear of becoming obsolete.

2. Alliance is fighting a desperate battle to survive using technology and achievements of human intellect against malicious life form which was created when human beings sacrificed their thought to adapt to life in space.

Wonder which one is going to turn out to be true.
Jun 9, 2013 3:16 PM
Oct 2009
linchpin said:
Period my ass. No proof of that. On Earth people and whalesquids have been coexisting peacefully for generations and the humans don't remember a different past besides tales of "land".

They have NOT coexisted peacefully, how do you even come up with that bullshit? The whalesquid so far had the upper hand with the humans running away from them or going so far as to power down their whole fleet in an attempt to hide from them with some going so far as to deitify them in an attempt to appease them.
Hideazu on the other hand have attacked and killed humans with little to no provocation, they have ventured into human territory in ever greater numbers, the one swarm seen on Gargantia was bigger than anyone could ever seeing outside of their territory ever before.

And the reason to kill them is their lifestyle, huh? What if I decided that I just want to swim around in the ocean (provided I could) until I die. Would you kill me too? LOL at criticizing whalesquids for the way their babies grow. I could go "eeewwww" at the parasitic relationship between the human fetus and the mother, the ugliness of the placenta and the pain of birth - it would make as much sense. Given up on technology? Technology is there just to make our lives easier. Technology is obsolete in the face of Hideauze capabilities. They already have all the technology to make their lives easy built right into their bodies.

If you would randomy attack people and kill them? If you had before gone against ethics and laws the mayority of people would abide by, if you have commited atrocious experiments on people and were a threat to continued human survival? Yeah!

Whalesquids attack people? Don't you think that if one of them jumped onto Gargantia and proceeded to the nursery, people would kill it too? That's what Pinion's brother did.

Hideazu do attack humans often with deadly consequences, we've seen that happen. The extent of those attacks does not matter so much as that they are happening.

Yeah, SOOO not sustainable. You missed those slice of life episodes? IMO, they are doing good. They are living simple, but fulfilling lives, they work together, help each other, smile, dance etc. They've lived like this for generations. And if nothing changed, would continue to live like this.

Yes and they will die out in the near future, maybe a few generations in the future. They rely on finite resources, scavenging from the previous civilizations. Their resources are non renewable and without them they can't survive.
They are right now living on a giant monster of a ship they fix up to the best they can and it's still falling apart and eventually they will run out of spare parts and the decay will kick in big time. And then they can dance and celebrate all they want, it wont help them a bit.

Yeah. They eat humans for a living. LOL. Did you miss that part about how they get their energy from the nanobots?

You really should go and look up what prime apex predator means, apparently you're a special kind of simple. I wrote at no point that they eat humans or prey on them to survive.

Takana_no_Hana said:
Lol, you just skipped episode 3-8. whalesquids in the current planet don't actually attack people randomly just because they feel doing so. They only engage when people do some offensive thing to them like invading their nest and so on.
Furthermore, looking back at all the slice of life episode to build-up and develop Ledo's character, he was able to feel the warmth of human and it made him a different person from what he was in the beginning.

No and no. Hideazu do attack people, the Hideazu we were shown when Ledo and Scavenge girl were out alone was already coming at them before Ledo attacked. It didn't even go for Ledo but for Scavenge Girl who did nothing to antagonize it instead of Ledo.
This whole "just don't agitate it" argumentation is a pretty bad one to begin with, it's the same as the "if women wouldn't wear revealing clothes they wouldn't temp some vile and wicked guys to assault them" argumentation.

Ledo before killed humans en masse and showed to have little problems doing so, his break down now wasn't because he suddenly started valueing human life or anyting like that but was shown as the horrific truth of having fought humans all the time, when he before had no problem doing so. It doesn't make sense and is just another example of the writers messing up.

I agree with someone said earlier, genocide is and will never be a correct answer. If we want to annihilate all living things just because they posses threats then we aren't different from monster.

This is right, untill we ourselves are threatened with genocide. If you are fighting for your very survival your idea of what is acceptable and what a good solution will change fairly fast. We are right now judging from a position where we haven't experienced war or poverty for 70+ years. Most of us are fat, decadent, arrogant, have never experienced true hunger and think that everything can be talked through.

And there's a fact that u guys can't deny, Hideauze were once human, they only choose different approach to innovate. Let's just say human were divided into 2 types:
1/ People who prefer technology to advance.
2/ People who prefer biology to advance.
They are all human, the difference is just mindset.

They were humans, they are no longer humans. They decided to go down a path most of humanity saw as unethic and criminal. They decided to commit horrific experiments and so on. They were the one who hijacked the Continental Unions warpgate and followed them when there was no reason to do so (neither was there a need for their experiments to begin with). They are just as much in this conflict as the normal/true humans are and just as guilty.
Jun 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
It's episode 10 and we only touch the beginning of the story. It this show meant to have a 2nd season ?
Jun 9, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2007
Zulichka said:

1. Hideauze are superior beings, newtype human things that just want to be left alone and regular humans that depend on technology are being controlled by AI which pushes them into committing genocide for fear of becoming obsolete.

2. Alliance is fighting a desperate battle to survive using technology and achievements of human intellect against malicious life form which was created when human beings sacrificed their thought to adapt to life in space.

3. Hideauze and Alliance are equally as alien equally as dangerous two civilizations, one of biologically-advanced species, the other of technology advancing species possibly controlled by their AI's, fighting an unjustified fanatical war that neither of them really started, yet neither really tried to stop.
Jun 9, 2013 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Zulichka said:

3. Hideauze and Alliance are equally as alien equally as dangerous two civilizations, one of biologically-advanced species, the other of technology advancing species possibly controlled by their AI's, fighting an unjustified fanatical war that neither of them really started, yet neither really tried to stop.

Oh, but we know who started the war. The thing we don't know, is who started it AGAIN, in space.

As I said in my "choose your side" thread:
I said:
It was the Alliance that followed the Evolvers and were launching a suprise attack on their nest (after having built Avalon), because (citation from HorribleSubs): But you must never forget a merciless evil lurks in the depths of this cruel universe. We must end the threat of the Hideauze, who would hinder our journey onward! We must not allow these lower life forms to hold back humanity's race to the future! (...) Ceasing REM Hypnosis Education"
linchpinJun 9, 2013 3:27 PM

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 9, 2013 3:23 PM

May 2010
"The war between the Galactic Alliance of Humankind and the Hideauze is a conflict between two different survival strategies, one in which being culled is all that waits for the losing side."

Ledo happened to be born in the GA side.
Same would happen if he were to be born in the H side.

If I know Urobuchi Gen well enough, in the end of the show, there won't be a totally wrong side. You either choose one of the sides based on your own arguments, or will just comply that, it was the flow of the nature of the corrupt human soul.
It is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Jun 9, 2013 3:24 PM
Oct 2009
Fai said:

Which wouldn't change the fact that the current human life style on Earth isn't sustainable for long since it depends on very finite resources and that both sites, Hideazu and Alliance could mean their end. The Hideazu simply because of them being unevolved humans, the Alliance if they do not comply and join them as they might be seen as traitors.

It doesn't really change much, they are currently in a do or die situation. Even if the show would end with "peace" on Earth, it would only mean they settled for a slow but certain death of Earth humanity for the sake of "tolerance" and "peace".

Fai said:

Please refrain from making wrong and disgusting comparisons like that in an attempt to come up with an dead bet argument, because it's nothing other than that. Earth humanity currently for all purposes at the very most has a difference of 0,03% when it comes to genetic diversity.

Hideazu on the other hand are by now a completly different species, one hostile to humans and a danger to their prolonged survival. So linking them with homosexuals or different earth ethnics is disgusting and shouldn't be done.

That being said, a lot of cultures especially smaller ones actually do face extinctions, humans overall wont die out but some cultures, languages and so on will and do even when humans co-exist.
Jun 9, 2013 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
linchpin said:
Fai said:
Zulichka said:

Oh, but we know who started the war. The thing we don't know, is who started it AGAIN, in space.

We don't know if they ever stopped battling. They could have fought, stopped, and started again. Or, they could have just kept on fighting on the whole entire time.

There's actually a shortage of information as to how the Alliance actually runs, the role and effects of the AIs, whether the war was continuous or did it have a break in the middle before one side initiated an attack, how the Hideauze function (the ones in space and on Earth), and are they really human (what are these standards that one must meet in order to be considered human anyways), etc. So, like Fai said, it could very well be option number 3.

I just hope we'll get answers before too long. Although I suspect they won't want to deliver a clear-cut answer, I would like to reach some indisputable conclusion by the end.
Jun 9, 2013 3:27 PM
Jan 2008
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

Your reasoning is stupid and silly. They are not just "different". They've thrown away their humanity, they've altered their DNA and they are no longer a species called human. This is entirely irrelevant to homopohbes and racists, and the separation of these species in this show are undeniably clear.

It was the Hideauze who wanted to hi-jack the worm hole and spread across the galaxy. The Hideauze currently are nothing more than barbaric organism who operate out instinct. Just as they killed Pinion brother simply for being in an area of their nest. They're not humans. Just as we don't consider life we may have come from as equals to us.

They should be eradicated, period.
Jun 9, 2013 3:28 PM
Oct 2009
linchpin said:

Wrong, we know who started it in space because it never actually stopped at any point.

- Evolvers create that scientific base, where they ignore human laws and ethics commiting all kind of atrocious and vile experiments, for little to no reason whatsoever aside from "for science".

- Continental Union is trying to "bring them to justice" while other nations join their side.

- War rages on on Earth while both sides migrate into space.

- Continental Union decides to end the conflict by using a warpgate to escape Earth/Sol.

- Hideazu notice it, their plan to hijack the warpgate and strand the Continental Union on Earth.

- Apparently both sides manage to use the gate before it presumely is destroyed (it might actually still be there) and the war rages one. With the Continental Union becoming the Galactic Alliance and both sides radicalizing more and more.
Jun 9, 2013 3:30 PM

Feb 2011
Hase0 said:
It's episode 10 and we only touch the beginning of the story. It this show meant to have a 2nd season ?

it wouldn't be bad to have a second season, sadly no second season have been announced yet, which at this point it should have already if there was one

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 9, 2013 3:32 PM

Nov 2011
Spirai said:
We don't know if they ever stopped battling. They could have fought, stopped, and started again. Or, they could have just kept on fighting on the whole entire time.

There's actually a shortage of information as to how the Alliance actually runs, the role and effects of the AIs, whether the war was continuous or did it have a break in the middle before one side initiated an attack, how the Hideauze function (the ones in space and on Earth), and are they really human (what are these standards that one must meet in order to be considered human anyways), etc. So, like Fai said, it could very well be option number 3.

I just hope we'll get answers before too long. Although I suspect they won't want to deliver a clear-cut answer, I would like to reach some indisputable conclusion by the end.

There must have been a considerable amount of time before the CU and the Evolvers (who jumped through the wormhole) met again. This is what I believe:

It was the Alliance that followed the Evolvers and were launching a suprise attack on their nest (after having built Avalon), because (citation from HorribleSubs): But you must never forget a merciless evil lurks in the depths of this cruel universe. We must end the threat of the Hideauze, who would hinder our journey onward! We must not allow these lower life forms to hold back humanity's race to the future! (...) Ceasing REM Hypnosis Education"

Deleth said:
- Apparently both sides manage to use the gate before it presumely is destroyed (it might actually still be there) and the war rages one. With the Continental Union becoming the Galactic Alliance and both sides radicalizing more and more.

Apparently, I disagree. The CU would not be stranded on Earth. They've been building a fleet of starships. I think most people believe that the Evolvers succeeded in hijacking the wormhole, jumping and destroying it behind them. The CU then either rebuilt it (well, they couldn't suddenly forget they had the technology, right)? Or they took the long route and went into space on their spaceships.
linchpinJun 9, 2013 3:38 PM

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Jun 9, 2013 3:33 PM

May 2012
Hase0 said:

You missed the entire point of the story then. Gargantia is the story of how a young boy who only knows war, becomes human for the first time. THAT is central to the plot, everything else is the backdrop. Christ...
Jun 9, 2013 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
I really like the different perspectives we're getting here. This episode eased some of my qualms from last episode about the direction the show was going with Ledo's internal conflicts. It's just a shame that we didn't get introduced to the real meat of the story until recently, because with the amount of depth being put into the story at this point, I can see this being utilized for so many more episodes than the remaining three we're designated for a one cour series. I was initially uninterested in this episode, but Chamber's monologue added a lot of facets to understanding the situation. The Hideauze=humans twist seemed kind of cheap at first (to me, at least), but I love how it's being manipulated around so that it's not another one-sided rehash of a familiar setup.

I thought that cliffhanger was done really well. After completely neglecting and abandoning the thought that another member of the Galactic Alliance might show up episodes ago, this caught me off guard, yet didn't leave off with a solid notion of impending doom but rather more of an ambiguous intent. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
ScipioXII said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

Your reasoning is stupid and silly. They are not just "different". They've thrown away their humanity, they've altered their DNA and they are no longer a species called human. This is entirely irrelevant to homopohbes and racists, and the separation of these species in this show are undeniably clear.

It was the Hideauze who wanted to hi-jack the worm hole and spread across the galaxy. The Hideauze currently are nothing more than barbaric organism who operate out instinct. Just as they killed Pinion brother simply for being in an area of their nest. They're not humans. Just as we don't consider life we may have come from as equals to us.

Hypocrisy continues.

Who are you to DEFINE what it means to be human? Just like homophobes and racists DO NOT Have that right, neither do you or alliance. Just because someone looks different TO YOU, does not give you the right to blow it up. That's the kind of rotten logic Bush's USA was running on and we all know where it got us.

None have the right to attack the other simply due to difference of ideals or how they look. THe basis you use right now for your argument is the same kind of argument the slaughter of native americans was based on, same kind of argument that allowed the mistreatment delivered to people of color by white people. Same kind of argument the offensive racist "science" tools like phrenology are based upon.

AS for wormhole gate thing - I already explained that in previous thread and won't be going back to it. tl;dr version of it would be that allowing alliance to have a headstard would mean eradication of evolvers.
AhenshihaelJun 9, 2013 3:40 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Why is this thread always so tl;dr? Are people really getting that heated about this, I literally cannot read the wall of text before me.

I have enjoyed the twist in the last 2 episodes though. I wonder if he is going to rebel now that someone from the alliance has appeared. If he does it could have terrible consequences for all the fleets on earth. They said it would be a "grey" ending so I'm not expecting too much impending doom but it would be intriguing.
Jun 9, 2013 3:43 PM
Jan 2008
Fai said:
ScipioXII said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

Hypocrisy continues.

Who are you to DEFINE what it means to be human? Just like homophobes and racists DO NOT Have that right, neither do you or alliance. Just because someone looks different TO YOU, does not give you the right to blow it up. That's the kind of rotten logic Bush's USA was running on and we all know where it got us.

AS for wormhole gate thing - I already explained that in previous thread and won't be going back to it. tl;dr version of it would be that allowing alliance to have a headstard would mean eradication of evolvers.

Might want to google Hypocrisy. Your point was invalid the moment you equated it to homophobes and racists.

Who are you to deny science and facts? These things aren't human. It's been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. We know what has occurred, we know their DNA as been mutated and they're predominately these "whale squids" now. This isn't me looking at a black person and making an opinionated statement. These are a different species, and your lack of basic biology proves this. Is a dog a human? Honestly kid. Nice Bush reference, too bad its fallacy is too great as Obama and Clinton were just as bad. Thank Obama for the drone strikes for me when you see him.

The alliance held no obligation to allow these mutated creatures who have violated every law society held sacred to come with them. The Hideazu speech of hijacking and universe domination is quite clear.

Enjoy being stupid.
Jun 9, 2013 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
ScipioXII said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

They altered their genes and appearance in order to survive in space. I think it was stated somewhere two episodes ago that Earth was becoming unstable and thus would not be able to support human life sooner or later and that's why they transformed humans into a slightly different creature. Nevertheless, that doesn't make them completely un-human and thus, it's very rude of you to just label them barbaric when we don't even understand them or know much about them.

Secondly, Pinion's brother went into their NEST. A nest is where young are. If you had small children and some guy in a huge machine that was possibly dangerous just barges into your home, I don't think you'll politely wait to ask him any questions. You'd immediately get rid of him in order to protect your young. What they did was out of instinct, not because they're barbaric.
SpiraiJun 9, 2013 3:49 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Defeat said:

So many thoughts going through Ledo's head in this episode. Can't wait for next week's episode. Really getting interesting now.

I'm not so sure that Kugel is alive. It's true that his chamber is there but it seems like a cargo cult has developed around it. IMHO there are 2 possible scenarios

1. Kugel is alive. He orders Ledo to follow him and Ledo refuses. Ledo then is declared a traitor by Kugel and end boss then becomes Kugel and his chamber PLUS Ledo's chamber. I don't think that that that cannon being pulled up is some accident.

2. Kugel is dead and his chamber is making autonomous decisions. Not quite so sure what would happen here. Would Ledo become commander of both?
Jun 9, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting development in this episode. Wonder if there's going to be a second season...
Jun 9, 2013 3:50 PM
Jan 2008
Spirai said:
ScipioXII said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

They altered their genes and appearance in order to survive in space. I think it was stated somewhere two episodes ago that Earth was becoming unstable and thus would not be able to support human life sooner or later and that's why they transformed humans into a slightly different creature. Nevertheless, that doesn't make them completely un-human and thus, it's very rude of you to just label them barbaric when we don't even understand them or know much about them.

Secondly, Pinion's brother went into their NEST. A nest is where young are. If you had small children and some guy in a huge machine that was possibly dangerous just barges into your home, I don't think you'll politely wait to ask him any questions. You'd immedaitley get rid of him in order to protect your young. What they did was out of instinct, not because they're barbaric.

They violated the earth laws, it doesn't matter what reasoning they had for the sickening experiments the rest of the world saw them doing.

You love to counter yourself in your own statements. You say after becoming an entirely new species composing of basically a whale squid, they should still be considered human, when in fact these things are driven by instinct. Do you think Pin's brother knew he was going into a nest?

Do you honestly compare a man wondering into a Lions den unknowingly to someone breaking into a mans house knowingly? You're more stupid than the kid I responded to.
Jun 9, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2009
'Good' tl;dr is good for you. It beats games. And it beats anime ridiculed by fan service. If you don't use that little noggin of yours, it might just rot. ;)

And I'm not a fan of hippies but even if you asked me to kill say 1000 monkeys, I'd be pretty depressed afterwards.
Jun 9, 2013 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
Deleth said:
Spirai said:
Thank you for explaining what he was saying. I was having a hard time digesting it all since it almost seemed like he was being biased. But either way, I still don't think war is the answer. If they don't battle each other, would one of them actually die out? I mean they have the whole galaxy to live in, I'm pretty sure there's no problem with living space or overpopulation yet. So why not just sign a peace treaty? Are they unable to communicate with the Hideauze? Have they even tried? What's wrong with having two different species of human- one of which has become so diverse that the Alliance (if the Alliance did program it in Chamber, or, depending on what Chamber meant when he said "I'm a crystallization of perfect intelligence and I reached this conclusion on my own", it's possible that the AIs themselves have decided to exterminate the Hideauze) that it's no longer recognized as 'human'? What's wrong with coexistence....Wow, now I sound like Gargantia. Maybe that was the point of this whole anime; coexistence.

If the Hideazu would allow the humans to live (something they have been shown to far to not be the case) they would risk the humans actually further technological developing and spreading eventually putting them at risk.

If you have two species on the same spot one will usually cease to exist, it's the same on Earth. Currently the European squirrel is being driven to extinction by the American one after the latter has been imported to Europe and got loose. Not by actual conflict but simply by the American squirrel being bigger and more efficient at what it does.

Firstly, we do not know if the Hideauze are open to coexistence or not except for perhaps the whalesquid ones on Earth. They did show some signs of aggression and the Gargantian policy of 'leave them alone' was denounced. However, the same cannot be stated about the ones in space.

Secondly, those squirrels are not at war. And that is precisely what the Alliance and Hideauze should do. Instead of breaking out into war, just Cold War the case. Adapt, compete to see who does better, refuse to die out, but don't physically start wiping out the other team.
Jun 9, 2013 3:56 PM
Oct 2009
linchpin said:
There must have been a considerable amount of time before the CU and the Evolvers (who jumped through the wormhole) met again. This is what I believe:

This goes against anything we've seen and been told so far, stop making up stuff. In the very first episode we've seen parts of Avalon destroyed and devastated and we're told the conflict is raging on for quite some time already.
There doesn't need to be a long time between they met again, as they used the very same portal it is unlikely they ended up far away from one another.

Apparently, I disagree. The CU would not be stranded on Earth. They've been building a fleet of starships. I think most people believe that the Evolvers succeeded in hijacking the wormhole, jumping and destroying it behind them. The CU then either rebuilt it (well, they couldn't suddenly forget they had the technology, right)? Or they took the long route and went into space on their spaceships.

"Apparently, I disagree.", no really? If you wouldn't it would mean you had some kind of common sense instead of load of fanwank that has no basis in the actual story.

"I think most people believe..." so, to give your opinion more credbility you're citing MOST people would agree with you, when there is really no proof for that especially on something that makes no sense.

Let's break down the entire thing:

-Gal Alliance and Hideazu have been at war for quite some time.

-ConUnion (later Gal Alliance) undertook the massive effort of building the first warpgate, a big one at that with a very far reach, it's unlikely they failed passing through it or could've easily build a second one, then there wouldn't have been any need for the Hideazu to hijack it.

-Both sides ended up in close proximity, do you really think that 6500 years at the highest possible speed wouldn't be very, very, very far? Hitting the exact same spot twice is very unlikely especially if they'd have to build a new gate.

-As pointed out by chamber, going there the normal way isn't viable. It's taking to damned long. The old ships several hundred or thousands of years ago would've been indefinitely slower and taken even longer.

Spirai said:
Firstly, we do not know if the Hideauze are open to coexistence or not except for perhaps the whalesquid ones on Earth. They did show some signs of aggression and the Gargantian policy of 'leave them alone' was denounced. However, the same cannot be stated about the ones in space.

Secondly, those squirrels are not at war. And that is precisely what the Alliance and Hideauze should do. Instead of breaking out into war, just Cold War the case. Adapt, compete to see who does better, refuse to die out, but don't physically start wiping out the other team.

What? We know for certain that all Hideazu so far have attacked humans at some point. The ones in space are in fact the bigger threat to humanity and they couldn't risk leaving humanity alone either IF they even retain enough intelligence to make these decisions at this point.

Secondly, the European squirrel is going exting. It will vanish in a few years driven to extinction by the American one. That's not co-existance, that's not "doing the better thing", it's merely a slow and painful death for the European squirrel, in fact going to way (if they were intelligent enough and would have the means to) would be the only way for them to survive seeing as how they still have far superior numbers.

As it's now, the European squirrel will die out, while the American one will add another continent (at least one, if it doesn't expand to Asia afterwards) to it's habitats.
DelethJun 9, 2013 4:01 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
I liked Gargantia when it was happy.

I like Gargantia right now when it's moody.

But I can't say these two sides mesh well. I'm starting to dislike where this is heading.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 9, 2013 3:59 PM

Nov 2012
ScipioXII said:
Spirai said:
ScipioXII said:
Fai said:
Antanaru said:
Spirai said:

Fai said:

Secondly, Pinion's brother went into their NEST. A nest is where young are. If you had small children and some guy in a huge machine that was possibly dangerous just barges into your home, I don't think you'll politely wait to ask him any questions. You'd immedaitley get rid of him in order to protect your young. What they did was out of instinct, not because they're barbaric.

They violated the earth laws, it doesn't matter what reasoning they had for the sickening experiments the rest of the world saw them doing.

You love to counter yourself in your own statements. You say after becoming an entirely new species composing of basically a whale squid, they should still be considered human, when in fact these things are driven by instinct. Do you think Pin's brother knew he was going into a nest?

Do you honestly compare a man wondering into a Lions den unknowingly to someone breaking into a mans house knowingly? You're more stupid than the kid I responded to.

It's seems you're more intent on forcing your opinion on others than actually waiting to find out what will happen. I never said the whalesquids were entirely human, but that doesn't mean they're aren't human in some percentage either. And what Earth laws? Half of the people were on the side of the Evolvers. Do you think that half would just go over if it were against some internationally proclaimed Earth laws? What laws are you basing this upon? And finally, well maybe Pinion's brother shouldn't have wandered in the lion's den. I'm pretty sure they KNEW it was whalesquid territory yet he casually waddles in and overstays to the point where even Pinion realizes that his brother needs to get the hell out of there.
SpiraiJun 11, 2013 10:40 AM
Jun 9, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
Zulichka said:

We have no real evidence that Hideauze are actually aggressive, apart from what Ledo has been taought which we know is full of falsehoods. Facts we know

1. The anime starts with an attack by the Alliance on a Hideauze nest. They defend themselves.
2. Gargantians have a taboo about messing with the Hideauze / whalesquids
3. Gargantians say whalesquids will not attack unless provoked.
4. Whalesquids DO NOT consume the same resources as humans.

Why would the Hideauze want to battle humans? There is no resource conflict and they occupy a different ecological niche so there is no territory conflict. The only reason why they would fight is for ideological reasons and the aggressors here seem to be the Alliance.
Jun 9, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
Deleth said:
linchpin said:

This goes against anything we've seen and been told so far, stop making up stuff. In the very first episode we've seen parts of Avalon destroyed and devastated and we're told the conflict is raging on for quite some time already.
There doesn't need to be a long time between they met again, as they used the very same portal it is unlikely they ended up far away from one another.

"Apparently, I disagree.", no really? If you wouldn't it would mean you had some kind of common sense instead of load of fanwank that has no basis in the actual story.

"I think most people believe..." so, to give your opinion more credbility you're citing MOST people would agree with you, when there is really no proof for that especially on something that makes no sense.

Let's break down the entire thing:

-Gal Alliance and Hideazu have been at war for quite some time.

-ConUnion (later Gal Alliance) undertook the massive effort of building the first warpgate, a big one at that with a very far reach, it's unlikely they failed passing through it or could've easily build a second one, then there wouldn't have been any need for the Hideazu to hijack it.

-Both sides ended up in close proximity, do you really think that 6500 years at the highest possible speed wouldn't be very, very, very far? Hitting the exact same spot twice is very unlikely especially if they'd have to build a new gate.

-As pointed out by chamber, going there the normal way isn't viable. It's taking to damned long. The old ships several hundred or thousands of years ago would've been indefinitely slower and taken even longer.

Spirai said:

What? We know for certain that all Hideazu so far have attacked humans at some point. The ones in space are in fact the bigger threat to humanity and they couldn't risk leaving humanity alone either IF they even retain enough intelligence to make these decisions at this point.

Secondly, the European squirrel is going exting. It will vanish in a few years driven to extinction by the American one. That's not co-existance, that's not "doing the better thing", it's merely a slow and painful death for the European squirrel, in fact going to way (if they were intelligent enough and would have the means to) would be the only way for them to survive seeing as how they still have far superior numbers.

As it's now, the European squirrel will die out, while the American one will add another continent (at least one, if it doesn't expand to Asia afterwards) to it's habitats.

But see, we don't know if the Hideauze of space continued fighting the war from the side of Evolvers or if they stopped in between and/or if they're open to a peace treaty. We don't really know a lot. Or, maybe I'm the only one missing out on this loads of information...

As for the squirrels analogy, I guess I can see why they'd try to wage war, but still, there has to be a better solution. Didn't the Evolvers try to go off into space by themselves? Wouldn't that create a separation of habitats and thus get rid of the risk of extinction for both? And speaking of extinction, doesn't the Alliance just clone its people anyways?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.