Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2009 4:10 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And Carly/Jack angst is beginning... It appears she is still herself, but has no control once the match starts. I love characters with multiple personality disorder. This plotline is gonna be so good.

And next episode is going to have Aki/Yusei in it, so, yay!

I love how 5D's is turning out to be. It's sooo much better than any previous Yu-Gi-Oh. You can actually see there is story besides people dueling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2009 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
Misty's Jibakushin is my new favorite monster in 5D's. <3
It looks so goofy with those big eyes rolling around, but at the same time, it's strangely creepy. (And Aki's reaction to seeing it was great too.)

And Carly's crying... that really got to me. This is the first time I've actually cried watching 5D's. ;_;
Jan 7, 2009 12:30 PM

May 2008
I love Misty's Earthbound God, best one so far X].

Honestly, I like Carly as a Dark Signer. I wish she had been less goofy before she died ;_;. The Misty / Carly ending was great, I think it's really sweet that Misty's looking out for Carly like that. Divine's fall...that's just epic >3.
Jan 7, 2009 12:59 PM
Jun 2008
hahaah Divine getting owned was hilarious..can't wait for ep 40 subs
Jan 8, 2009 2:50 AM

Feb 2008
More Aki = win.

Jan 14, 2009 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
DestinyFate said:
More Aki = win.

As much as I'd normally agree, after watching both 40 and 41, I can't help but feel that Aki's character development is very poorly written. As of right now, she's isn't really treated that well...not to mention that pretty much every episode she had a major role in had very crappy animation. Looks like the director doesn't like her =/

Jan 16, 2009 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
Saber said:
DestinyFate said:
More Aki = win.

As much as I'd normally agree, after watching both 40 and 41, I can't help but feel that Aki's character development is very poorly written. As of right now, she's isn't really treated that well...not to mention that pretty much every episode she had a major role in had very crappy animation. Looks like the director doesn't like her =/

DestinyFateJan 16, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 16, 2009 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
DestinyFate said:
I agree, she went from "I will destroy the world!" to "Papa! Papa! I love you!"

WTF was that?

Jan 16, 2009 4:46 PM

Feb 2008
Saber said:
DestinyFate said:

Jan 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Sep 2008
Yei, Divine gots owned by Carly!!
Misty's Earthbound god is preety funny, lol

Mar 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
At last. English sub. I'm getting tired of watching English Dub( from Anime 44).
Could someone tell me what should I do so my signature showed up automatically?
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Nov 3, 2011 4:32 AM

May 2008
But this means they're already dead. If things are over they're gonna die??? Noooo!!! Carly!!!
Apr 14, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
I feel so bad for Carly!
May 16, 2015 10:23 PM

Apr 2013
Did Divine just get killed? o-o

Thank god Jack come in at just the right time to rescue Aki and realize Carly was also in the building. I feel so bad for Carly. She might have been better off not knowing what she did. Her crying really got to me for some reason. I can't imagine being in her shoes. She knew the dark signers were bad news and that Jack was fighting against them, and now she's ended up as one of them...

On another note, I love how 5Ds actually keeps the audience shrouded in some mystery. Usually, we'd know from the get-go who all the bad guys are (especially if they're in some organized group), but here, I don't think anyone saw Misty or Carly coming... We also didn't know all the signers right off the bat. Heck, our heroine didn't even appear for the first dozen episodes!
funlandMay 16, 2015 10:33 PM
Sep 8, 2016 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
Oh joy, Jack X Carly is probably screwed over now.
Nov 3, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2016
Those Earthbound Immortals are really crazy.

Divine had it coming tbh, but I'm gonna doubt his death until there's some proof. Also cool to see Bommer again.

Pretty interested to see what's going to happen between Jack and Carly from here on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2021 6:15 PM

Dec 2011
CARLYYYYYY

So nothing happened with the tea after all. False red flag oops!

The animation was really good with her, and I love how Misty's character is also taken seriously. I assumed she'd be a bad guy from the OP/ED but like, you know one of those thrown away/not as important roles? Her personality isn't a maniac and her motivation for this is solid. I'm looking forward to more of her time with Carly. 5D's did a great job at keeping this development a secret.

I like all the growing suspense with the relationship building/pairing too. Not all romantically involved, like Aki and Ruka are an interesting combo.

Finally, a dark signer isn't possession, and they're not chosen when on the verge of death, but literally the moment they die? wtfff so maybe Kiryu too...
CMYKJan 27, 2021 6:23 PM
May 9, 2021 1:34 AM

Jun 2020
misty is such an intriguing character!! her motive feels very real, and her earthbound god does look silly but also really creepy. sadly, their duel was also postponed. i'm curious if aki would have pulled a win? i don't know anything about dueling, but she didn't seem quite as cornered as yusei was in his duel with kiryu.

divine is finally dealt with!! carly pulling that "one turn chance" back on divine was soooo satisfying and the fact that she made him fall as well...it was great 😌

jack found carly's glasses. PAIN!!!! seems like she had a much bigger effect on his life than he even realized. jack x carly anyone?? i know i ship it 🤩

CARLYYYYY MY BABY, i really wanted to console her when she started crying :((( she shouldn't cry about ending divine's life, that mf deserved it!! she's such a sweetheart. i'm glad that misty was there for her, they had a really nice moment (minus the fact that misty is probs gonna push her more into the dark signer role). i hope we get to see more of them!
Nov 27, 2021 9:53 AM

Aug 2019
Divine got what he deserved even though it was obvious he'd survive the fall despite making absolutely no sense. It's kind of funny that Carly's last attack basically saved Aki from Misty's Earthbound Immortal since it's unlikely that Aki had a card left that could've stopped Ccarayhua. Speaking of which, Ccarayhua looked terrifying when it was summoned and I'm not sure why Aki used Urgent Tuning on her own turn when she could've tuned her monsters without it.
Sep 20, 2022 11:30 AM

Jan 2010
Between Goodwin, the Dark Signers, and Sayer's group of psychics, there are so many antagonistic groups vying for power simultaneously. It's interesting to see them fighting each other, as one group's victory could be just as bad for the world as any other.
Oct 13, 2022 2:49 PM

Jan 2020
So the Earthbound Immortals seem to actually absorb people indiscriminately while being summoned, brutal. That being said, I can't say I'm much of a fan of their designs.

I dunno where Sayer's confidence comes from, but I wish he would stop.

Oh good, Sayer lost. Though, I'm a bit disappointed another Signer got out of a significant shadow duel for plot convenience.

If all the Signers are going to "lose" at this rate, will we finally get some new cards?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 6, 2023 5:13 PM
Sep 2018
Although I like dark signer Carly there is no denying that being a villain was her destiny.
Feb 5, 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
And just like that, a gag character has become one of the most tragic villains in the whole franchise

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

14 by samot-frt »»
May 13, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 103 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 31, 2010

13 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 102 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 24, 2010

23 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.