Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2015
Just as I thought, please don't be a 16-yo school boy, he says he's 13, lol. Kinda ruins the mood, he looks 20 at least.
Sep 1, 2018 1:58 PM

May 2016
After watching Kaiji, this one's a must-watch for me since I like gambling anime. I know nothing about Mahjong but I guess that I'll somehow get the gist of what's happening eventually since the basics were flashed and they talk about each hand whenever it pops up.

That 13-year old who really doesn't look his age was both a delinquent and an ultimate survivor for getting out of that Chicken accident practically unscathed. He even utilized the cops chasing him to his advantage by making them a distraction and the detective a witness so that the Yakuza present wouldn't get physical after finding out that he cheated. He's really cunning to pull these stuff off even if he was just a beginner.

Having a calm opening and a smashing ending was the opposite of what Kaiji had lol

Aug 30, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2016
Very intriguing start. Akagi has not just brains, but very big balls too and that with being merely 13 years old.

Wonder what made him like this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2020 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
one of the best episodes I have ever seen, I couldn't get my eyes off the screen even when I was getting pings and notifications from other social media. The show was able to fully immerse me into their pace and I felt like I was part of the anime. A truly great way to start the series!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 6, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2020
I wish they were playing uno or smt it’d be a lot easier to follow

Apr 27, 2022 7:06 AM
Mar 2021
Holy shit what a first episode, I was completely engrossed in the plot and characters within the first minute. It made Mahjong exciting and the characters were really fun to watch. The strange artstyle looks weird at first but it makes it instantly memorable.
Oct 1, 2023 3:22 PM
Apr 2023
Perfect atmosphere. I can feel the sleaze from that smoky room leaking through the screen and into my own! And despite the brief glance at him, Akagi doesn't seem like one of those Death Note type "ahaha, this was actually all apart of my plan!" egotist type protagonists. No, he doesn't seem to have too much of an ego at all. But so far, it's shaping up to be great.

EDIT: Yeah... no... as the series continued on he is certainly one of those "all part of my plan" types.
GetAHeadWithAbeGOct 2, 2023 12:10 PM
Dec 31, 2023 2:28 AM
Jun 2022
so awesome cool kakagi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagi Episode 5 Discussion

zq - Oct 16, 2007

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Akagi Episode 4 Discussion

zq - Oct 16, 2007

34 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 26, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Akagi Episode 3 Discussion

zq - Oct 15, 2007

35 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 26, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akagi Episode 25 Discussion

zq - Oct 18, 2007

23 by gophers-insides »»
Mar 30, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Akagi Episode 23 Discussion

zq - Oct 17, 2007

20 by gophers-insides »»
Mar 30, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.