Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 2013
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Maybe Ami's Family.
Maybe Ami's mother...
Jun 2, 2013 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
DejitaruDan said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Maybe Ami's Family.
Maybe Ami's mother...

Nope it's implied to be the buff guy's daughter : / They said his name was Ryan Matsumoto and they show the name Elaine next to the Ika Musume Hideauze

The Evolvers are fucked up using the volunteers families as part of the project....
Jun 2, 2013 4:11 PM
Jan 2013
Awesome episode. Best anime this season, right after Shingeki.
Jun 2, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2007
Well, what do you know, our guess over so called Human Alliance being genocidal space nazis was correct.
1. IT WAS about genocide of a nation because of belief differences!~
2. Humans WERE the first to initiative the fight!~
3. The fight was NOT about survival~

Anyone who will defend "kill all hideauze" after this episode is either insane or insanely republican/fascist.

And yeh, its been there done that, but Gargantia yet again wins MASSIVELY in execution. When Chamber killed that small hideauze at the end, DAMN that was chilling and you could feel what Ledo was feeling then.

MaxCrazy7 said:
I knew the hideauze were human invention, but to actually think they were human made to be spaceship! So what happened? Why are they fighting now?

Human Humans did their usual genocide stuff and decided to eradicate all squid-humans that was covered this ep.

Mike_the_Great said:
Wonder where everything fucked up, they seemed to be having a decent relationship before. That was an interesting episode, 5/5

Human Humans launched missiles against the "evolvers" due to hatred for them being different, thus igniting a war.

MaxCrazy7 said:
I think Ledo is overacting, I've never seen such a rapid change of heart after years of hatred of the Hideauze.

he just found out that instead of killing what he thought was a lower predatory animal lifeforms, he has been killing humans who did not even start the conflict.

It went From saving the world to pointless genocide within SECONDS. Cue breakdown.
Ineptia said:
I'm really unsure of what the conclusion will be. Unless there is a season two, I'm afraid I won't like it (rushed ending).

By the way its going?

Just as Leod manages to form piece between Gargantia and whalesquids, Human Alliance appears on earth and massacres both sides :[
AhenshihaelJun 2, 2013 4:20 PM
Jun 2, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Wordsmith said:
BakaNiiNii said:
LEDO DIDN'T KILL HER, CHAMBER DID :C

This. After what he just learned, killing more whalesquid was the last thing on his mind, let alone one that looks humanoid like this.

He was more like "NO CHAMBER, DON'T KILL HER!", and Chamber was like "I'm Sorry Ledo. I'm afraid I can't do that".

This is just to good.
Jun 2, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
lololol OMG never laughed so hard.
IG did it 2 times Titans are humans, hideauze are humans

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

shit Can't stop laughing this is so retarded hahaha
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 2, 2013 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
its not fair that they make us wait a week to find out what happens next after all that...
Jun 2, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Its finally happening, Urobutcher cant let an anime stay without suffering and mindf*cks for too long.
Jun 2, 2013 4:24 PM

Feb 2011
it would be funny if aside from the 2 human groups(modified and unmodified), there would develop a third group from the unmodified, the artificial intelligences, of which chamber would be part of

the difference between evolvers and the ones opposing them is only in developing internally(evolvers) or externally by tecnology and robots/AIs(the alliance humans)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 2, 2013 4:26 PM

Jul 2007
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

Asspull indicates something coming out of nowhere.

This did not come out of nowhere and people speculated of it being the case already.

Zeando said:
it would be funny if aside from the 2 human groups(modified and unmodified), there would develop a third group from the unmodified, the artificial intelligences, of which chamber would be part of

the difference between evolvers and the ones opposing them is only in developing internally(evolvers) or externally by tecnology and robots/AIs(the alliance humans)

This.

Evolvers/hideauze and Human Alliance are basically BOTH humans, which makes Alliance's war a genocide.
Jun 2, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
Fai said:
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

Asspull indicates something coming out of nowhere.

This did not come out of nowhere and people speculated of it being the case already.

but its so bad.
His face on the squid WTF haha oh shit I couldn't stop laughing.

Comedy Gold, urubucher does the greatest parodies.
Everyone expected a good show and he is like "hell now, hideauze = humans"

and fucking evolvers hahahah oh crap haven't been this amused in a while
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 2, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2008
PoeticJustice said:
WAHT A TWIST! *M. Night Shamyalan voice* You people finally got your twist/bloodbath. Are you satisfied?
Very actually.
Jun 2, 2013 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
Soo... are Ledo and Chamber going to start to butt ideological heads soon, will Chamber become anti-Ledo? He seems to follow orders, but, didn't stop the palm-squashy-squashy... WTF is going to happen...
Jun 2, 2013 4:39 PM
Mar 2013
well for me it was unexpected but as always great episode ^_^
Jun 2, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2012
HOLY SHIT!

O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just, what the hell was that, i got chills O_O
Jun 2, 2013 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
Just because they "were" once human means nothing, the fact that the alliance was killing humans means nothing. It was war and both sides fought with soldiers. The fact that the evolvers would turn humans into these things were even worse imo. They ceased to be human long ago. These guys would genetically mutate humans even tho there was another way to get off the planet and survive even to the point they would destroy a successful warp gate to trap everyone.

However, chamber killing the girl at the end when she was not aggressive was pretty bad.
Jun 2, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
This show has had its ups and downs, going from excellent to okay to abysmal and then back to okay again. However this episode, I really don't know what to say about it. The beginning was good, but as it kept going and the big reveal was shown, all I could say to myself was, "Really?...REALLY?! You had all this to work with and this is what you came up with?!"

To say this show has jumped the shark in my opinion, is an understatement. It has literally hurdled over it.

Red fights the many earth Hideauze who are not nearly as strong as space Hideauze and comes across hidden classified information. We find out that the Hideauze are no alien lifeforms, or at least they didn't start out that way. The Hideauze are "evolved" humans who through experimentation were changed into beings that were able to first survive in deep sea and then in Space. A war erupted between the non-evolved and evolved humans that went into deep space and thus the conflict between the Hideauze and the Alliance began.

Now, even forgetting the hideous misuse of science and "evolution" in this episode that makes the biologist in me writhe in pain, the notion that these flowers, nautilus, snails, squid, etc. were all once human is so ridiculous, that it makes everything in Valvrave believable. And knowing that the Hideauze are indeed pseudo-human makes not only the whole thousands year war idiotic and both sides can kill each other for all I care. The Hideauze are not some lower lifeform that is merely acting on instinct, they have the same capacity to think and act as we do, which makes them just as bloodthirsty as the Alliance. I say let them keep fighting their war in the stars if they wish, it's all meaningless as each side hits tit for tat.

As for the Hideauze of Earth, they seem to be just as underdeveloped as their human counterparts are in comparison to the Alliance. They didn't "evolve" the ability to live or travel in space and so are stuck in their deep sea beginning form.

This series just suddenly got so ridiculous and silly and with only 3 or 4 episodes to correct this trainwreck, I am not expecting much. I've gotten this far in the series, so I will continue to the end. However, I will always remember this series for the chancy but still absurd "squid-people" plotline.
IreneshardaJun 2, 2013 4:55 PM
Jun 2, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2011
Fai said:
Zeando said:

This.

Evolvers/hideauze and Human Alliance are basically BOTH humans, which makes Alliance's war a genocide.

wait, i was talking only about the first evolvers, when they were still clearly human even if with enhancing symbionts on them
it's still not sure if they managed to remain human(at least in the thinking and reasoning) or just degenerated in nothing more than energy sucking squids
i wouldn't be surprised if they actually did become almost brainless squids, seeing as the other humans didn't fare that well once they went into space too, the same reasoning about efficiency>all may have been used by the evolvers too

to say, even if the starting conflict may have looked like genocide, once the evolvers get too far from being human that's not tecnically genocide anymore
and if they got too far or not it's still not clear for now

doesn't change the nature of the conflict, but i wouldn't jump on using the word genocide yet, for now it's only war

but just the complete name of chamber should be enouth of an hint ("Hideauze Extermination Weapon Chamber")

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 2, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2012
Holy crap. Urobuchi does it again.
Jun 2, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2012
I can see the ending already. Chamber kills ledo because he is programmed to incase someone finds out the truth. Chamber then proceeds to wipe out Hideauze from earth then goes to sleep mode underwater on standby waiting for orders from the alliance or future Hideauze to destroy,
Jun 2, 2013 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

You're pretty stupid if you blame the Producers. You do know that it's the AUTHORS of the series that pull the asspulls; the only one you can blame for the asspull on IG is Gargantia since it's an original story.

Also I don't see how it's retarded. It makes sense in terms of anime.
Jun 2, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2007
Zeando said:
Fai said:
Zeando said:

This.

wait, i was talking only about the first evolvers, when they were still clearly human even if with enhancing symbionts on them
it's still not sure if they managed to remain human(at least in the thinking and reasoning) or just degenerated in nothing more than energy sucking squids
i wouldn't be surprised if they actually did become almost brainless squids, seeing as the other humans didn't fare that well once they went into space too, the same reasoning about efficiency>all may have been used by the evolvers too

to say, even if the starting conflict may have looked like genocide, once the evolvers get too far from being human that's not tecnically genocide anymore
and if they got too far or not it's still not clear for now

doesn't change the nature of the conflict, but i wouldn't jump on using the word genocide yet, for now it's only war

but just the complete name of chamber should be enouth of an hint ("Hideauze Extermination Weapon Chamber")

Fact One: The war started while we still knew the hideauze were self-aware.
Fact Two: Human Humans fired the first shot BECAUSE the "Evolvers" were different and were trying to eradicate them because they were different.

That counts as genocide.

The current situation does not really matter and actually if the hideauze did devolve afterward, that might actually BE the consequence of the said genocide as the species had to adapt towards offensive capabilities instead of communication.

huehue93 said:
Just because they "were" once human means nothing, the fact that the alliance was killing humans means nothing. It was war and both sides fought with soldiers. The fact that the evolvers would turn humans into these things were even worse imo. They ceased to be human long ago. These guys would genetically mutate humans even tho there was another way to get off the planet and survive even to the point they would destroy a successful warp gate to trap everyone.

However, chamber killing the girl at the end when she was not aggressive was pretty bad.

1. Evolvers did it willingly.
2. Definition of HUMAN we have today can't be applied to that situation and what you are doing is essentially racism
3. Human Humans INITIATED the war.
4. The another way stuff is down to beliefs, its no different than religious or cultural disputes going on, but just like those - disputes over methods do not justify genocidal reaction of human humans.
Jun 2, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, great episode. We finally know the truth behind it all.
What I wonder is how the rest of the season will turn out.

Jun 2, 2013 5:21 PM

Nov 2007
so this was a squad girl parody all along
Jun 2, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2011
@Fai
call it what you want, i call it war
i'm not going to tell you that the records were lies, like chamber said, but i wouldn't be wrong in saying that those are pretty incomplete and aren't enouth to explain the assumptions you're delving yourself into (and not only you, but others as well, about deciding who is the bad side or who is the good guy)
you want the human alliance to be the absolute bad guys? ok, if it works for you

"2. Definition of HUMAN we have today can't be applied to that situation and what you are doing is essentially racism"
._. cause calling a squid a squid is racist now... (or a cat a cat for that matter)

Jun 2, 2013 5:28 PM
Jan 2013
FUCK YOU UROBUCHI

I 'almost' took my word that I said in the earlier episode, that it should be something that has less of Urobuchi. But lol this...
Jun 2, 2013 5:29 PM

Jun 2008
I'd expected this as one of three possible outcomes for what they were but DAMN that part after the video playback got me, that was chilling.

This pretty much locked in 10/10 for me but we'll see.
Jun 2, 2013 5:31 PM

Oct 2010
I don't get why people are so mad about this. Killing is a natural as it can get, and they are hardly humans at all both earth and space hidiezu, truly befitting of their name "hideous" as they originated from very twisted experiments. Hopefully it won't end won't be a shitty coexistence and peace ( but almost sure it'll be).
"Boredom is like poison."

Jun 2, 2013 5:35 PM
Jan 2010
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

hahahahaha look at this post
>>>>i go to 4chan hey other 4channers am i cool yet im hating on this anime hahahahahahahah asspull asspull so funny this show so retarded hehehehe i know i'm being subtle as fuck but i'm from 4chan guys

the funny thing is it's not even an asspull but clearly foreshadowed in the anime if you had paid any attention at all to anything aside from bellows' tits
or wait I forgot you go to 4chan so i'll type this so you can understand
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>loli loli loli loli fuck normalfags we do not forgive disgusting adults little girl dfc epic win
Jun 2, 2013 5:36 PM
Jan 2013
Lonewolf13 said:
I don't get why people are so mad about this. Killing is a natural as it can get, and they are hardly humans at all both earth and space hidiezu, truly befitting of their name "hideous" as they originated from very twisted experiments. Hopefully it won't end won't be a shitty coexistence and peace ( but almost sure it'll be).
Ledo was killing Hideazu because they are space monster threat to 'mankind'. Now he knows that Hideazu is actually human in original form, which is a truth he never knew and pretty much breaks his entire world of belief.

Cannot see a big picture due to the sake of criticizing?
Jun 2, 2013 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
Pesti13nce said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
I knew the hideauze were human invention, but to actually think they were human made to be spaceship! So what happened? Why are they fighting now?

based on that it does not seem like they are. after all, they had lived on earth all that time without eradicating all the humans. it may have been that this has been a war of self defense.
Jun 2, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
so my speculation and others as well are true that the Hideazu are man made scientific experiments but this episode also explain why they are created its for humans to evolve to space and they eat like plants aka photosynthesis
Jun 2, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0____________________________0

Speechless but my mouth is still opened
Jun 2, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2007
Zeando said:
"2. Definition of HUMAN we have today can't be applied to that situation and what you are doing is essentially racism"
._. cause calling a squid a squid is racist now... (or a cat a cat for that matter)

That's same as justifying killing humans just because they are apes(and in fact calling PoC as "closer to animal than man" has been one of many sick justifications for racism and slavery over the centuries)
Jun 2, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
So amused by those who actually believed Urobutcher would not deal such a brutal twist
Jun 2, 2013 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
I am actually 100% convinced that the final boss of the show will be Chamber, with Ledo and everyone having to taking him down - way too much focus on how its unbeatable by current tech, for it to NOT become a plotpoint.
Jun 2, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
So witches turn out to be magical girls, Sibyl System turns out to be brains and now space squids are humans. It was good the FIRST time. Not to mention right after shinsekai yori and shingeki no kyojin. There's no excuse for this unoriginality since it isn't even an adaptation. And I saw people drawing gundam parallels too. How can anyone call it a twist?

Bored. Got old ages ago. Someone hand Urobutcher a premade concept to work on like fate zero. I lost all faith in his creativity.
Jun 2, 2013 5:58 PM

Jan 2012
Darklight0303 said:
So amused by those who actually believed Urobutcher would not deal such a brutal twist

He isn't even writing yet. Although I suppose he has some influence.
Jun 2, 2013 5:58 PM
Jan 2011
This scenario reminded me so much of Spec Ops the Line. The main character starts of as a person who thinks he is doing his righteous duty but as the plot progresses realizes that everything he's done was to f*** thinks up even more.
Jun 2, 2013 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
ReasonDesu said:
Darklight0303 said:

An ending has to be linked to the journey so he has to have some modicum of influence on it or else the ending would feel disjointed if that were to be the only thing he made.

MysticArte said:
This scenario reminded me so much of Spec Ops the Line. The main character starts of as a person who thinks he is doing his righteous duty but as the plot progresses realizes that everything he's done was to f*** thinks up even more.

Fuck yes! Spec Ops was just the most mind fuck experience of a video game I ever played.
Jun 2, 2013 6:01 PM
Jan 2013
Fai said:
I am actually 100% convinced that the final boss of the show will be Chamber, with Ledo and everyone having to taking him down - way too much focus on how its unbeatable by current tech, for it to NOT become a plotpoint.
His role is QB in madoka magica. He was never a partner of Ledo, but underling of union.
ReasonDesu said:
Darklight0303 said:

no... Urobuchi wrote the entire scenario with director.. >_> How people still think mere writing of script is same as building an entire story as series composition role...
Jun 2, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2012
didnt expect that hideauze are human evolved into humansquid and there are group who opposed it and ledo is part of that group.. what a twist though i already knew that ledo(ancestor) came from earth.. wonder how ledo will react..

Jun 2, 2013 6:12 PM

Aug 2012
wailofthebanshee said:
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

hahahahaha look at this post
>>>>i go to 4chan hey other 4channers am i cool yet im hating on this anime hahahahahahahah asspull asspull so funny this show so retarded hehehehe i know i'm being subtle as fuck but i'm from 4chan guys

the funny thing is it's not even an asspull but clearly foreshadowed in the anime if you had paid any attention at all to anything aside from bellows' tits
or wait I forgot you go to 4chan so i'll type this so you can understand
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>loli loli loli loli fuck normalfags we do not forgive disgusting adults little girl dfc epic win

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Jun 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
Wow. That was shocking, to think the Evolvers did something as terrible as bending DNA to their will to create something like that is messed up. Didn't see this coming at all.

Mind fuck over 9000.
Jun 2, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2012
There is no way chamber is final boss, it is impossible to beat him, he can turn people to dust like nothing.
Jun 2, 2013 6:25 PM

May 2012
Tyrel said:
Orsonius said:

haha omg what an asspull

>evolvers

You're pretty stupid if you blame the Producers. You do know that it's the AUTHORS of the series that pull the asspulls; the only one you can blame for the asspull on IG is Gargantia since it's an original story.

Also I don't see how it's retarded. It makes sense in terms of anime.

the author already decided the plot before making it so dont call it an asspul..
Its just simply coincidence..

Jun 2, 2013 6:27 PM
May 2011
can anyone explain me , they turn into whalesquid to be able to adapt to environment, such as space...but then...why they need to turn into whalesquid if normal human a.k.a galactic alliance also can survive the space without being a whalesquid ?

there are some point I feel inconsistent :
-chamber disobey Ledo command by killing that last whalesquid when ledo already said stop

- why this information about human that evolve into whalesquid is classified? coz they afraid people will hesitate to kill whalesquid coz they originally was human ? hell crap...even in real world people killing another people if they feel threatened

- hideauze able to adapt to space but unable to talk ?

I hope Ledo wont be break like Shinji...I hate if Ledo is = new Shinji ...LoL

AshtonClaudeJun 2, 2013 6:59 PM
Jun 2, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2009
Lonewolf13 said:
Hopefully it won't end won't be a shitty coexistence and peace ( but almost sure it'll be).

Gargantia plays like a critique of the civilisation versus nature dichotomy, and we still don't know the true nature of the current era hidiauze, so maybe not. I expect an ending that screams 'it's complicated'.
誰も、未来を信じない

Nov 2011
Voids said:
Wow. That was shocking, to think the Evolvers did something as terrible as bending DNA to their will to create something like that is messed up. Didn't see this coming at all.

Mind fuck over 9000.

Terrible? Messed up? I don't think so at all. I like the idea. What's wrong with creating a new human race capable of living in space?

This kind of conflict is already present in our world. You often hear people accusing scientists of "playing God", practicing eugenics... civilization of death etc. GMO detractors and supporters? Genetic modifications of humans will most probably be done in the underground first as no bioethics commitee is going to approve it.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.

May 2011
Well holy fuck so they were actually humans!? Didn't see that coming. God damn... and oh man Chambers completely ignored Ledo's order and continued to crush that Elaine hideauze.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.