Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
itsvero said:
AoiMizu said:

Look like Shinsekai yori's Queerat...a breed between human and rat/guinea pig!

Shit, I was thinking the whole Hideauze thing seemed familiar - it's very similar to the queerats!

Now I'm just wondering if the Hideauze are still intelligent or not, because that'd change a lot in my eyes. Right now I can't see them as human.

Wow, I never even thought of that similarity. Now that I think about it, that's just really amazing. They both had equal shock value for me.
Jun 2, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was informative. Not epic nor touchy-feely in any manner, but interesting nonetheless.

Turns out the Hideauze are actually humans made to live in space! Well that's really going to throw Ledo into an emotional turmoil. I wonder if there's any procedure Chamber has to follow when someone finds out the truth. Possibly sedation or something along the lines. I wonder what Ledo's going to do now.

Also, who is that black haired chick? Where did she come from? Why is it that all the girls in this anime are portrayed with vibrant wonderful colors even if we don't know their name but most of the guys are all puny-eyed and appear plain other than the main character ones?

As for Pinion's part, that was ridiculous and unnecessary. I know they're trying to add depth to his character, but suddenly giving him a brother and revenge motive isn't going to cut it. If he was actually out for vengeance, he would have been doing it way before Ledo came along. He never seemed to have a care in the world about anything let alone some dead brother until an episode or two ago.

Their story-telling tactics are horrible overall as well. They tell more than show, and when they are showing, they're doing it very obviously. It almost makes it seem like we have to wait through each display of show and tell before we get some action- as if this is some sort of talent show instead of an anime that was so highly praised a month ago.
SpiraiJun 2, 2013 1:35 PM
Jun 2, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2010
tingy said:

Just in case there are people here who haven't watched SSY and may want to watch it later, I think you should put that in a spoiler :) At least for me what made SSY so great was that twist you mentioned.

I don't think it's a new anime trend, not that I've watched that much anyways, but the fight between the Evolvers and the Alliance reminded me of the fight between the Coordinators and the Naturals in Gundam Seed, except in this case, the Evolvers, or I guess Hideauze/whalesquids, no longer resemble humans.

Well, human once try to improve themselves but when they success, they got envy and jealous over the experiment human and start to hate and deny them. That what happen in Gundam.

In SSY,

Jun 2, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, great episode.
As other people have mentioned. Very similar to SSY
Jun 2, 2013 1:12 PM
Jun 2013
AlexGK said:
Finally this show gets going.
Score up to 7/10, lets see if it goes that way.

I wonder how much control Ledo has over his mech. I don't think its absolute, or anything even close to it. I would wager a guess that this issue will be a major point in the remaining story.

Also I don't think any one side can be named good or evil - its more like both are fighting for power/survival. Same old story for humans. We will never learn.

Whatever the short-term outcome - Earth is 6k light years away from both the Alliance and the Evolvers and they don't know about it. Also the Evolvers remaining on Earth are low tech so Ledo has all the time in the world to consider how to act. That is, if Chamber doesn't take matters in his own hands. Never trust AI you didn't program yourself :D

It would be hilarious if they manage to unite and using Chamber's tech knowledge advance the Earth rapidly to the level the space fractions are. And then proceed to give them a nice surprise from good old Earth :D

may be the reason why whalesquids / earth's hideauzea is weak because very few whalesquids originated from human...
Jun 2, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
Did Ledo wanna talk to squid chick before Chamber squished ha ha and really squid spaceship suit? love this episode
Jun 2, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2012
Well, that was unexpected..
Jun 2, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Damnit Urobutcher, I thought you'd change.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 2, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
niceee

Jun 2, 2013 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
Oh my gosh. OH my gosh.

>Ledo's been killing humans.
>Amy crying to the music...

This episode totally just killed me the plot twist!!
Jun 2, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I doubt anyone could have seen this coming. This show really can take the viewers by surprise.

Jun 2, 2013 1:35 PM
Sep 2012
Wow. Just...wow.. wow.
Jun 2, 2013 1:43 PM

Apr 2007
Pesti13nce said:
Blazingluke said:
In the next episode...

I keep squinting at these images and they don't get any clearer, lol.

Ledo becomes more surprised, Ridget contemplates something, Melty meets with Crown about something, Amy's upset, Pinion quits the sauce. Just enough of a preview to give you something to look forward to! (Just 164 hours to go!)

Jun 2, 2013 1:48 PM
Oct 2010
Wordsmith said:
BakaNiiNii said:
LEDO DIDN'T KILL HER, CHAMBER DID :C

This. After what he just learned, killing more whalesquid was the last thing on his mind, let alone one that looks humanoid like this.

He was more like "NO CHAMBER, DON'T KILL HER!", and Chamber was like "I'm Sorry Ledo. I'm afraid I can't do that".

Also, that little girl looked suspiciously like Amy, hairdo and eyecolor and all. Though the eye shape reminds me more of Melty.

Chamber is just a robot and ledo controls it so he's ultimately responsible for her death.
Jun 2, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2010
Blazingluke said:
Pesti13nce said:
Blazingluke said:
In the next episode...

I keep squinting at these images and they don't get any clearer, lol.

Ledo becomes more surprised, Ridget contemplates something, Melty meets with Crown about something, Amy's upset, Pinion quits the sauce. Just enough of a preview to give you something to look forward to! (Just 164 hours to go!)

Hmmm...look like Ledo got problem then trap inside that ruin...Ridget...dunno. Melty inform the Crown about Ledo MIA. Amy got the news and cry over it as she thought that Ledo died. Pinion pour the beer or whiskey as offering to dead people like his brother and maybe Ledo.... Just my conclusion.....

What happen to Ledo in next episode?! Dun-dun-DUN-duunnn-duunnnnn~
urobuchi in action now....prepare for massacre! LOL
AoiMizuJun 2, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2, 2013 1:58 PM
May 2013
skudoops said:
Wordsmith said:
BakaNiiNii said:
LEDO DIDN'T KILL HER, CHAMBER DID :C

This. After what he just learned, killing more whalesquid was the last thing on his mind, let alone one that looks humanoid like this.

He was more like "NO CHAMBER, DON'T KILL HER!", and Chamber was like "I'm Sorry Ledo. I'm afraid I can't do that".

Also, that little girl looked suspiciously like Amy, hairdo and eyecolor and all. Though the eye shape reminds me more of Melty.

Chamber is just a robot and ledo controls it so he's ultimately responsible for her death.

Ledo is a robot and also AI so it means it can make actions of its own.It is programmed to support pilot with program, which is found to eliminate Hideauze. That may also include, that chamber can either do it on its own.
Jun 2, 2013 2:00 PM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:

Three ways he could not be responsible:
1) Chamber is capable of independent thought. There has been some indication of this.
2) Chamber is a robot, but he has been programmed to ignore the pilot in certain circumstances such as if the pilot orders him not to kill a Hideauze. Sort of like how the bad guy in Robocop programmed Murphy so he could not harm OTC management. This is extremely likely in the Alliance leadership knew that the Hideauze were human, they would not want a human to show sympathy or even defect were to discover this fact.
3) If through conditioning and brainwashing, the Alliance has removed Ledo's free will in any form. One possibility would be to create a subconscious thought to kill the Hideauze even if Ledo's conscious mind wanted something else. Chamber would be be only a robot and would respond to that intent, not Ledo's words. If one does not have free will then one cannot be held responsible for an action (unless they were aware that they were being modified to do this). This is again likely in that we know that the Alliance has worked on the minds of its soldiers subconciously.
Jun 2, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
skudoops said:

No. Chamber has the ability to move on its own independent of Ledo, which should be clear by now. Ledo clearly didn't want to kill that whalesquid -- he screamed no, and he was too in shock to even move by that point. It was actually pretty obvious that Chamber was the one who did it.

But wow. Immense mindf*** right here. So the Hideous are all human beings evolved to fit their environment. Those on Earth remained weak because there was little competition, but those in space obviously evolved to suit a combat environment. I'm guessing the Human Galactic Alliance was an extension of those individuals in the video who opposed Evolvers in the first place, and the information they've been deliberately feeding their people is false. What a twist. Someone might've guessed it in a wild shot in a barrel but this definitely came out of the left field.

Now, of course the question is how much intelligence they have retained since their evolution. So far it looks like the Hideous are quite intelligent by their mode of movement and coordination, but it's also clear they can't exactly speak anymore, so yeah.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I expected a twist and the Hideauze being somehow connected to humankind, but never them having once been humans themselves. Mind blown.

The lack of Bellows was disturbing though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 2011
The moment the video started playing I said to myself "100$ MUTATED HUMAN ARE ACTUALLY THE HIDEAUZE"

I'm so good at predicting stuff in anime :)

na just forget what I just said, the moment I saw the "larvas" I knew what the twist was gonna be, one the "larvas" looked like a human baby...
ValaskjalfJun 2, 2013 2:08 PM
Jun 2, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
Marzan said:

I don't understand why the hell Ledo turned his hysteria mode on.

Hideauze are bio-engineered abominations. Basically the Zerg-Terran hybrid. What does he expect?
A play of chess with tea and biscuits with them?
Jun 2, 2013 2:17 PM

Apr 2011
Mind blown...

That was...wow. I didn't expect that.

I feel sorry for Ledo.
Jun 2, 2013 2:27 PM
May 2013
Arqentum said:
Marzan said:

Hideauze are bio-engineered abominations. Basically the Zerg-Terran hybrid. What does he expect?

Are you listen what it was said? Hideuze are evolved humans. But in the other hand it brings the question, because he didn`t hesitate while whiping pirates out, but started crack up because he realize he killed many squids, which are probably part of humans or just that baby squid which Chamber killed (or the infromation about it was shocked enough for him, while Alliance didn`t etll whole true about conflict)
Jun 2, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2011
Wow i didnt know but this anime became much better i hope for an epic end
Jun 2, 2013 2:33 PM

May 2009
Arqentum said:
Marzan said:

Maybe because it looked like squid that was transformed girl that looked like Amy.
Jun 2, 2013 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
Colascka said:

Arqentum said:

Marzan said:

Are you listen what it was said? Hideuze are evolved humans. But in the other hand it brings the question, because he didn`t hesitate while whiping pirates out, but started crack up because he realize he killed many squids, which are probably part of humans or just that baby squid which Chamber killed (or the infromation about it was shocked enough for him, while Alliance didn`t etll whole true about conflict)

Er ... did you? Hideauze are bio-engineered - forcibly-evolved humans.
If a human in front of you would became a non-speaking squid - will you still think of him as 'ningen'? I guess not.

bastek66 said:

Maybe because it looked like squid that was transformed girl that looked like Amy.

So it was OK to kill (well he really wanted to) that pirate queen, but not OK to kill squidefied teen girl that looks alike to someone he knows?
What a hypocrite.
Jun 2, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
There you go. What a mind fuck it was. Someone wrote that the jellyfish are not bad. So also seems to me, and even I am convinced that at the end of the series-generally turns out that being a jellyfish is a higher form of evolution and would have been nice if everyone was jellyfish hahaha
Jun 2, 2013 2:44 PM
Oct 2012
Colascka said:

You say evolution, I say devolution, why don't we call the whole thing off. Good point about his lack of emotions killing pirates and his new found emotions about killing squids that look human, I also vaguely recall a line in the first episode where he had no sentiment towards any non-alliance human as well.

I guess the writer would claim that his growing "love" for Amy and his appreciation for her brother gave him a new appreciation of "life". But that certainly could have been developed better.

mareczek65 there is no such things as "higher" levels of evolution. You either survive or you don't. Saying that evolution is somehow "better" it a tautology.
Jun 2, 2013 2:47 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Pesti13nce said:
Did anyone else's heart sink a little when chamber did what he did at the end, with the humanoid looking one?
Yes I did. I felt bad for Ledo when he screamed in agony and rage.
Jun 2, 2013 2:51 PM
May 2013
Arqentum said:
Colascka said:

Arqentum said:

Marzan said:

Er ... did you? Hideauze are bio-engineered - forcibly-evolved humans.
If a human in front of you would became a non-speaking squid - will you still think of him as 'ningen'? I guess not.

bastek66 said:

So it was OK to kill (well he really wanted to) that pirate queen, but not OK to kill squidefied teen girl that looks alike to someone he knows?
What a hypocrite.

Forcibly? As I can remember Mtsumoto guy volunteered to do this to him so others, there were no force beside that human had to adapt to space conditions. Despite beeing a squids, their orgins still lying into human race.
As for lady Lukkage- I don`t quite sure if she is dead, but I assume that she is in the end. The only difference is that actually baby squid didn`t attack him, like lady Lukkage tried to attack Gargantia.
Jun 2, 2013 3:00 PM
Oct 2010
Colascka said:
But in the other hand it brings the question, because he didn`t hesitate while whiping pirates out, but started crack up because he realize he killed many squids, which are probably part of humans or just that baby squid which Chamber killed (or the infromation about it was shocked enough for him, while Alliance didn`t etll whole true about conflict)

There's a definite difference between being the invader and defender. At least in this last "mission" he was the invader, massacring even infants.

Also, what he learned there may suggest that the "Hideauze" may only want to be left in peace... At least the Earth variant.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 2, 2013 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
Let's be honest, no one saw that coming.
I'm assuming that the time travel theory is still yet to be proven false/is this still real time?
Jun 2, 2013 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
Arqentum said:

What a hypocrite.

Well, the pirate queen attacked them, just for the fun of it, while the squidefied girl did nothing even after he destroyed most of her colony., so I wouldn't call him an hypocrite.
Jun 2, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
I don't think it's strange that Ledo hesitated to kill that hidiauze girl. Since the beginning of the series, he's been thrown from his very goal-directed, efficient and rational civilisation into the culture shock of an emotional and inefficient tribal society who have probably shown him for the first time that life doesn't have to be about meeting objectives, and to see value in the imperfect, even though he couldn't really accept what they were telling him.

And then he finds out that his whole existence might be based on lies. That leaves him with a moment of doubt.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 2, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
wow.. curious to see what Ledo will do next week.
Jun 2, 2013 3:17 PM

May 2009
Pinion's brother still there
Jun 2, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
Wow the "experimented human" twist seems so "been there, done that".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 2, 2013 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
Pinion's brother still there

Wow I didn't notice that. Kinda disturbing.
Jun 2, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
TWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Just so I understand:

1. World is about to be flooded due to all the ice

2. They make squid people who can live in space

3. Other countries and people against it attack them

4. Some Squid people escape with warp "which was destroyed"

5. The Squid people that warped are at war with Ledo's people.
VioLinkJun 2, 2013 4:19 PM
[center]
Jun 2, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2008
Things have indeed escalated quickly. Not surprised the Hideauze were connected humans let alone were humans. Looking to see how Ledo will handle the situation now, especially since he killed many of them, and that one girl Hide that was harmless.

Jun 2, 2013 3:26 PM

Oct 2011
Num1dad_Asura said:
Wow the "experimented human" twist seems so "been there, done that".

God, I know. Exactly how I felt. And then when the music like intensified when they showed squidman's face in space I was just like OH WHAT A TWEEST
Jun 2, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2012
Chxistine said:
Let's be honest, no one saw that coming.
I'm assuming that the time travel theory is still yet to be proven false/is this still real time?

I think this pretty much debunks it, although I suppose it is still a possibility, it looks very unlikely atm though.
Jun 2, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2009
Colascka said:

Forcibly? As I can remember Mtsumoto guy volunteered to do this to him so others, there were no force beside that human had to adapt to space conditions. Despite beeing a squids, their orgins still lying into human race.
As for lady Lukkage- I don`t quite sure if she is dead, but I assume that she is in the end. The only difference is that actually baby squid didn`t attack him, like lady Lukkage tried to attack Gargantia.

Imagine that you personally have two paths to survive: Space Colony or turn into jellyfish. What will you choose?
And you really believe they were not forced?
And you did not answer previous question:

If a human in front of you would became a non-speaking squid - will you still think of him as 'ningen'?
Will you care a single bit about 'human origin' ?

Your second question will be answered below.

jose21 said:
Arqentum said:

What a hypocrite.

Well, the pirate queen attacked them, just for the fun of it, while the squidefied girl did nothing even after he destroyed most of her colony.,
so I wouldn't call him an hypocrite.

Nor pirates nor pirate queen attacked them to kill. It was discussed even by ex-captain of Gargantia. Hideauze on the other hand ...

Not that squid-girl did not do anything. It looked more like she couldn't do anything to begin with (or was not fast enough). Matters not.
'Twas a Kill or Die battlefield.

p.s. There is a high probability that the whole 'Evolver' project was created by Space Colony to fully control/unite humans against one enemy.

sunshine_sakura said:

Since the beginning of the series, he's been thrown from his very goal-directed, efficient and rational civilisation
into the culture shock of an emotional and inefficient tribal society who have probably shown him for the first time that life doesn't have to be about meeting objectives,
and to see value in the imperfect, even though he couldn't really accept what they were telling him.

And then he finds out that his whole existence might be based on lies. That leaves him with a moment of doubt.

Good point.
ArqentumJun 2, 2013 3:36 PM
Jun 2, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Dat little hideauze was kinda cute :C
Jun 2, 2013 3:38 PM

Mar 2011
leeo268 said:
Meh, they shared common ancestor with human, but they are not human.
I mean we human wipe out all our cousin species many thousands years ago to survive. Won't surprise me if we did it again, but I would have expected the Hidezu to win overwhelming with their genetic advantage. I guess they fail because they abandon their technology to become more zerg like.

Also, we are already in an ice age period since 2.5 millions year ago or Greenland and Antarctica won't be frozen. Fortunately, we are in a warm period of ice age call Interglacials, which is expected to last another 50,000 years. Even if we did enter the cold period, gracials, the ice will only reach far as North Germany or near Ohio in US.

What you said was really cool and informative. Also, I'm kind of tired of the-enemy-species-is-a-human plot twist as I've noticed this within several anime series already...
Jun 2, 2013 3:38 PM

Oct 2011
Dimitrit said:
Dat little hideauze was kinda cute :C

Till it hit its faggot face on Ledo's windshield.
Jun 2, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2011
AoiMizu said:
Shinsekai Yori...

Suisei no Gargantia....=Hideauze is half human and half nano-machine that look alike squid
Shingeki no Kyojin.....=human mutation.....

New anime trend?? Human revolution??

noticed that too
dunno if it's a trend which is going to continue, but for this season alone it seems to be a trend xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 2, 2013 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
I love chamber, still putting in work while Ledo's conflicted.

So we finally found out chamber has a limited supply of energy, after all that dicking around with it I thought we're never going to know if this thing was limited. So is he able to recharge it, I think he used up 53% on his little killing spree this episode.
Jun 2, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
I wasn't expecting that twist...

Well it looks like a lot of time has passed since the events in the video and now the squidhumans have evolved into the Hideauze, essentially losing most of their humanity.

Looks like both sides ended up being pretty bad.
Jun 2, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2011
Vodkas said:
I love chamber, still putting in work while Ledo's conflicted.

So we finally found out chamber has a limited supply of energy, after all that dicking around with it I thought we're never going to know if this thing was limited. So is he able to recharge it, I think he used up 53% on his little killing spree this episode.

Considering solar radiation is a very raw form of energy and Chamber's are meant to fight in space, I'd imagine he's solar powered. Or at least I'd imagine it's one of many ways for Chamber to regain charge.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.