Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 2, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2011
Good thing: SInce "The last date" light novel hasn't been tanslated yet, i'll be able to keep going on the next volume once the anime is finished.

Bad Thing: The "scenes" as read in the light novel are much more hot and arousing, and the action much more intense, as i feel it, they took much more time...
Any way... Good chapter, but i still prefer the light novel.
Jun 2, 2013 7:36 PM
Nov 2010
That fight felt by far too rushed! o.o They could have made it a bit longer...

I really like Kotoris spirit form though :3
Jun 2, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2010
Pun's all around FIRE ME LAZOR! Decent episode
Jun 2, 2013 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
My favorite episode by far even if the battle did feel like it was cut short. Now I can't decide whose my favorite between Kotori and Kurumi.
Jun 3, 2013 1:07 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like we are in for a treat next week! Swimsuits :D
Jun 3, 2013 2:27 AM

Apr 2011
Feels so rushed...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jun 3, 2013 3:05 AM

May 2013
Kotori is OP, even for Kurumi who has power of time!

Yoshino is so cute!

Origami is pretty funny in this episode. With the whole take advantage of Shidou.
By the way, what happened in the elevator?

Then, it all got serious at the end. Shidou finds out that Kotori killed Origami's parents. This was the entire reason Origami became part of AST.

Hopefully, Shidou will save Kotori and/or Kurumi before this season ends.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 3, 2013 5:08 AM

Apr 2013
Get ready for some swimsuit fan service next week.

Origimi is sick she needs a doctor :P

Need more Kurumi !!! And btw where is she?
Jun 3, 2013 5:11 AM

Oct 2012
Feel so rushed..not really enjoyable but okay. and what happen with kurumi anyway =="
Jun 3, 2013 5:20 AM
Jan 2013
Nice Origami X Shido arc.
Jun 3, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
Maji hiku wa lol lol lol

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 3, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2010
MayuAsagiri said:
Feel so rushed..not really enjoyable but okay. and what happen with kurumi anyway =="
This entire anime was rushed almost with the speed that makes you wonder if the animators needed to catch the train or something.
Shame really they missed out on some good jokes from the novels not to mention that this could have been much better.

About this episode Shidou hurt Tohka's feelings ones again not to mention that he didn't understand Tobiichi's intentions at all.
He also forgot the most importuned thing when going on a hospital visit flowers or a fruit basket vitals especially when visiting a girl!!
AversaJun 3, 2013 11:53 AM
Jun 3, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
This entire anime was rushed almost with the speed that makes you wonder if the animators needed to catch the train or something.
Shame really they missed out on some good jokes from the novels not to mention that this could have been much better.
Not just jokes but fanservice moments too. Really want to see the details of the body temperature measurement of Origami in this episode for example.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 3, 2013 10:36 AM
Feb 2012
symbv said:
Aversa said:
Not just jokes but fanservice moments too. Really want to see the details of the body temperature measurement of Origami in this episode for example.

Lusty old man you. :P
While I haven't read the novels myself, I too could tell that certain parts were skipped but frankly, that's to be expected. The creators opted to include all the girls' plots and that way make the show appealing to a broader audience. That way people would get interested in the show and purchase the novels to learn more about their favourite chars. I like the show for what it is and it a. made me fall in love with Kurumi and b. awakened my interest for the novels which I might end up reading.
Speaking of which; this episode had too much Kotori and too little Kurumi.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 3, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Lusty old man you. :P
Yes, I am true to the hormone inside me and happily admit that lust drives my artistic sense which in turn helps me decide which harem or ecchi show I want to stick with LOL X-D

To be more precise, this is the scene from the LN of Origami's body temperature measurement that is cut out in the anime:

GuiltyKing said:
That way people would get interested in the show and purchase the novels to learn more about their favourite chars. I like the show for what it is and it a. made me fall in love with Kurumi and b. awakened my interest for the novels which I might end up reading.
It definitely gets me very interested in the novels, and this is one work that I love every single heroine so far from Origami (you can tell I place her as no.1 which I know is the less common choice for many) down to Mana and "maji hiku waa" trio. The character design and the seiyuu acting are really good, which would help the reading experience a lot when I get to read the novels.

GuiltyKing said:
Speaking of which; this episode had too much Kotori and too little Kurumi.
From what we see in the trailer and the set up for Kotori's crisis (both her body and her relationship with Origami) I think it would be a good while before we see Kurumi again. With only 2 episodes left, perhaps we won't see her in this season any more..
symbvJun 3, 2013 11:07 AM

Jun 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Aversa said:
Yes the novels are far more detailed and includes more fan service not to mention more detailed explanation about the girls and the situations.
As i expressed before i really think this anime is a shame how it turned out in comparison with the novels.
But maybe we should be happy that that we got a anime in the first place.
Jun 3, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
Nice battle with Kotori vs Kurumi.

Shidou remembers Kotori when she became a Spirit.

Dat Emotional scene

Lol @ Origami and Shidou.

Poor Tohka

Shidou will date Kotori in order to save her

Hope Shidou saves Kurumi too
Jun 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
Best episode so far.

The plot is actually getting quite interresting, and the part where he went to visit origami was hot!
Jun 3, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2011
Nice episode :) Origami makes a late-game play to get people to notice she's damn hot as well, without being a super-powered Spirit. But she can't really compete with dat imouto. Also, it seems like Kotori's breasts get bigger when she goes all Efreet and busts out the flames (literally, heehee). Now it's looking like the final date will be with his little sister ... sure, why not, incest is about the only thing this anime was missing :P Still probably my favorite anime of this season.
Jun 3, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
Oh God. These revelations. Although I really wanna know more why Mana is separated from Shidou. The next two episodes seems that it wont bring a proper "closure" for the series anime-wise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2013 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
Anybody know how many LN volume covered so far by the anime?
Jun 4, 2013 2:45 AM

Dec 2011
SoScary said:
We're at the beginning of volume 4
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Jun 4, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2012
SoScary said:
One spirit per volume so far... How many spirits have we seen by now? ;-)

Jun 4, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2011
We currently have four spirits in the anime, but two more in the LN.

Two first one are twins while the other is an idol who is a lesbian and man hater.

I think next episode will focus on the swimsuit battle, and the final episode focus on
the last two chapters of volume 4.
MagitoJun 4, 2013 7:06 AM
Jun 4, 2013 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
boom head shot, kurumi is perfect
Jun 4, 2013 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Too short combat, but the worst thing is to throw in the middle ecchi so without creating the right atmosphere. The design is cute and well done and a shame to ruin it for a aserie similar, the same are also the clothes worn by the protagonists, I hope that the series has a final right and not stupid!
Jun 4, 2013 12:12 PM
Feb 2013
Last 2 eps to go, so I wonder if this anime is gonna have a boring harem ending or will Kurumi reappear?
Jun 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2012
Oragami saved this episode for me. Shidou was kinda annoying this episode. The next episode looks like it will be good so I hope I'm not disappointed. Seems Kotori killed some people in the fire after all.

3.5/5
A little disappointing but far from bad.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 4, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
Okay, im so going for kotori first already
Jun 4, 2013 8:45 PM
May 2013
So where do I begin?
Crazy battles everywhere. Shido's 'sister' is a spirit, events 5 years ago, lots of stuff, Origami taking her time(lol), and theres only 2 episodes left.

Summary:
It needs a 2nd season, it NEEDS it, or a movie, either or. It all depends on sales and viewers. Though, WHAT THOUGH, ITS A REQUIREMENT!

Thats all.
Jun 5, 2013 1:39 AM
Feb 2012
symbv said:
SoScary said:
One spirit per volume so far... How many spirits have we seen by now? ;-)

Kurumi- 1
Tohka- 2
Kurumi- 3
Yoshino- 4
Kurumi- 5
Nightmare- 6
Kurumi- 7
Kotori- 8
and Kurumi- 9

Wow, it covered nine volumes already! :surprised:
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 5, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
miguemely said:
So where do I begin?
Crazy battles everywhere. Shido's 'sister' is a spirit, events 5 years ago, lots of stuff, Origami taking her time(lol), and theres only 2 episodes left.

Summary:
It needs a 2nd season, it NEEDS it, or a movie, either or. It all depends on sales and viewers. Though, WHAT THOUGH, ITS A REQUIREMENT!

Thats all.
If this anime was getting a second season we would still be in Yoshino arc and they wouldn't have had the need to rush so badly.
Normally in a twelve episode anime they trey to cover two maybe three volumes this is trying cover six or seven volumes in those same twelve episodes which really goes at cost of many good scenes in the novel not to mention quality in the anime.
Shamefully it's not the only anime based on a light novel that they try to rush this season a other good example which suffered majorly from rushing to much is Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai which also scores very low in my opinion.
They just leave to many question marks since to many scenes are left out and to little proper explanation which leaves fans disappointed.
Light novel fans get annoyed because scenes are left out anime fans get annoyed because they don't understand why certain actions are taken.
Jun 3, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
Nice battle with Kotori vs Kurumi.

Shidou remembers Kotori when she became a Spirit.

Dat Emotional scene

Lol @ Origami and Shidou.

Poor Tohka

Shidou will date Kotori in order to save her

Hope Shidou saves Kurumi too
Jun 5, 2013 5:54 PM
May 2013
Aversa said:
miguemely said:
So where do I begin?

Summary:

Thats all.
If this anime was getting a second season we would still be in Yoshino arc and they wouldn't have had the need to rush so badly.
Normally in a twelve episode anime they trey to cover two maybe three volumes this is trying cover six or seven volumes in those same twelve episodes which really goes at cost of many good scenes in the novel not to mention quality in the anime.
Shamefully it's not the only anime based on a light novel that they try to rush this season a other good example which suffered majorly from rushing to much is Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai which also scores very low in my opinion.
They just leave to many question marks since to many scenes are left out and to little proper explanation which leaves fans disappointed.
Light novel fans get annoyed because scenes are left out anime fans get annoyed because they don't understand why certain actions are taken.

This is true. I have to read the light novels eh....DAMMIT
Jun 7, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
Gawd, if not Origami i would enjoy this series 2x more.

UtsukushiiYume said:
If it just wasn't for Origami being annoying, maybe this series would be slightly more enjoyable.
Amen!
Jun 7, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2011
My little sister can't be a spirit!
Kotori and Origami are my two favorite characters so far, both tied. Normally the imouto always wins, but Origami has been proving time and time again she's worth favoriting. She sure knows how to squeeze out time.

Episode preview... I see swimsuits. That's what I love about Date A Live: interesting story and great fanservice. I can't wait to see the Kotori date.
Jun 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
I can't help but visually (in my head) see all the scenes they cut out in the TV version like the scene with Origami sniffing and licking Shidou when he was carrying her.

Next episode. Swimsuits. Fuck yes. Not expecting any Kurumi though, which is a bit sad but if she does make an appearance, all the better.
Jun 7, 2013 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
Dang dem Origami scenes were awesome.

Next ep looks pretty delicious. Bummed there's only two eps left though :(
Jun 7, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
finger licking good! other than that, episode felt off.
but still the character designs are a 10/10. holy fuark.
Jun 7, 2013 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
Kotori has officially become my favourite character in this show. Her fight with Kurumi was great but seeing her killer red eyes when she was about to kill Kurumi was crazy, loved it. So Kotori was a human to begin but eventually became a Spirit. I'm really curious as to what exactly happened 5 years ago. Kotori only has 2 days left until she becomes a completely different person.

Origami was hilarious this episode. She was a lot more bold and kept sexually teasing Shidou. xD Holy shit, so Kotori or should I say Efreet was the one that killed Origami's parents 5 years ago. Shit just got real. Go on a date with Kotori and save her, Shidou! :D
Jun 7, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
hehe kotori is so cool I like when she using that fire axe XD

btw I like this episode origami fan service is really satisfing :p
hmm so she want revenge for her parents to kotori.. hmm its gonna be hard..

btw kotori has a good nickname as a spirit.. Ifrit.. yey yeah! :D
Jun 7, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2012
Welp, I somehow managed to sit through the latest 23 minutes of crap. Thank god I only have to do this 2 more times.

Yoshino is now officially my favourite character of this abomination, and only because I like her seiyuu.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 7, 2013 10:11 PM

Aug 2010
lightXTC said:
Welp, I somehow managed to sit through the latest 23 minutes of crap. Thank god I only have to do this 2 more times.

Yoshino is now officially my favourite character of this abomination, and only because I like her seiyuu.

You know, I could shove red hot needles under your fingernails if you get off on that O.o
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 7, 2013 10:54 PM

May 2013
I hope the rushing of content was more of a "testing the waters" sort of move, to see if fans were going to get into the series and not an attempt to end the entire thing in season 1. This could easily be a multi-season anime and I think it deserves it thus far. Today was another great episode, I was pacing the house waiting for the episode to get posted so I could watch it and I was not disappointed. This episode left me waiting to again to see what happens next!
Jun 8, 2013 12:51 AM

May 2010
I'm glad that Kurumi manage to escape and I hope she will be back soon
Jun 8, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2011
Final boss is Kotori woo!
Jun 8, 2013 2:50 AM

May 2013
lol origami. finger-lick ftw xD
Jun 8, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
dayum origami ..

No Kurumi next episode :(
Jun 8, 2013 5:34 AM
Mar 2012
There seems to have been some sort of censorship going on in this episode; not sure if people noticed... In any case, the BR releases should have additional content; and there was already a fair bit of extra detail, and "detail" put in the first episode.
Jun 8, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2013
Duoprism said:
There seems to have been some sort of censorship going on in this episode; not sure if people noticed... In any case, the BR releases should have additional content; and there was already a fair bit of extra detail, and "detail" put in the first episode.
What. Do you mean, we get to see how he insert the Medical thermometer intro origami?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

323 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

223 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 4, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.