Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 11, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2015
pretty sure he got a bj in the elevator and I'm guessing her temp wasn't taken orally
Nov 10, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2010
Shidou's sister is still annoying. I just don't like her attitude and her story doesn't interest me at all.
Second part with Origami was interesting. She is so assertive. Loved it.

Tohka really feels like a side character. I hoped that she would appear more. Next episode... swimsuits!
Feb 10, 2016 3:57 AM
Feb 2009
jeez that origami finger licking scene tho lol
Feb 13, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Pseudo-incest ending incoming.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
The fight with Kurumi was pretty intense, Kotori going all berserk was a slight surprise. LOL at the moment with Origami, but this was a pretty shocking episode...
Jun 14, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2016
im speechless.. just woow. much thing happend!! all at once.Epic fight, Past memories,soo much emotions, erotic Origami, very erotic lol.. and some more, but i mean just woow holy mother satan, There is really no words for this!

Soo excited for next episode!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
So at last we got some questions answered about their spirit powers...
Sep 8, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap, what an episode! The fight was good of course, but some answers about Kotori's powers and what happened in the past to Origami and Shido as well ... why don't they remember? Either way, I didn't expect them to go the little sister route ... I guess that's why Shido's "training" involved that eh? ;P He has to seal Kotori's powers within two days ... dang. Next episode looks like a pool episode (classic of course) and also we see Kotori getting worse ... no! Don't die Kotori :(
Feb 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Sep 2017
Now it makes sense why the sister was featured in the game.

Also, I guess you have to seal her powers, again. Good luck!

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 2, 2019 11:14 PM

Aug 2018
The plot thickens! And, what about Origami? At least she knows what she wants!
Mar 21, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2016
NANI!? Kotori is a human that somehow got the fire spirit's powers?! Bruh Bruh Bruh... Even more important is the fact that she only got 2 more days until the spirit took over her senses.

On the bright side, Shido has a sealing ability that could seal spirits' powers! And even somehow could use a range of them! If he knows how to properly wield each and every single power he has sealed, then no matter the power, Shido will always be the most powerful.

The hospital scenes between Shido and Origami clearly showed how much Origami has prepared this plan for all these to happen.
I'm disappointed that despite being an R-rated show, there's a huge amount of cut out parts from this very arousing and intriguing as some of the LN readers in this forums have said. Nevertheless, the scene made me like Origami more, thanks to the kinky actions she have performed.
May 19, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2016
Well, that's the end of the previous arc. Now they're focusing on Shido's little sister it seems, hmm. Well, so a story about she became a spirit, great.
Jun 27, 2019 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
The fight between Kotori and Kurumi was great. But I feel sorry for her, being confronted with her past this way.

Too Bitchy is a mess as usual. Shido has no obligation to tell her anything.

Next episode: pool episode + impending tragedy. I hope that it will turn out well for them.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 26, 2019 12:30 AM

Jan 2012
bonifide said:
Damn this show. I really hated Kotori with a passion now im cool with her. Got fucking dammit. lol

I pretty much all the females now except Origami. She is just annoying and weak as shit.

I do like Kotori crazy personality more though. She put my girl Kurimi in her place with her cockiness. lol

Laciie said:
bonifide said:
Damn this show. I really hated Kotori with a passion now im cool with her. Got fucking dammit. lol

I pretty much all the females now except Origami. She is just annoying and weak as shit.

I don't think Origami is weak, but yeah, she annoys me a lot too. Lol I thought I was the only one.

And yeah I disliked Kotori at first too but now I've come to like her. If it just wasn't for Origami being annoying, maybe this series would be slightly more enjoyable.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I'm mainly watching this for Origami and the other characters are way more annoying that Origami ever will be. You could easily say Tohka is the most annoying for always getting whiny when Shido isn't there or gets upset. But of course, you guys just say it's Origami. Lol. In contrast to those opinions, I'd *easily* enjoy this series more if they spent more time with Origami and less time with the other girls who take up the majority of the anime.

Origami actually has a major backstory and is associated with another organization that gives way more plot. Almost every other girl is a "monster of the week", just added to Shido's harem.

Jan 6, 2020 1:58 PM

Dec 2018
Ahahaha, this was literally one of the worst transitions to an ending song ever! A serious part right at the end, and than the idiotic, silly ED immediately after it ;'(

Overall, one of the only episodes I actually enjoyed, though. It gives decent background information about Origami and Kotori. Also, Origami being overly assertive was very funny. That fingerlicking scene, lol!
Apr 29, 2020 10:46 PM

Feb 2018
Kurumi or Kotori, ofc Kurumi lol
Oct 5, 2020 3:20 PM

Feb 2020
Okay, my wifi dying right when I'm about to post my rant and so erasing it in the process... Nice. Well, I'll try to sum up what I said cuz I need to say it.

-They actually ended Kurumi's arc on a cliffhanger. They ended the only good and interesting arc on a freaking cliffhanger. (It wasn't a masterpiece but it still.) I only wanted to watch Kurumi's ova and then be done with this franchise (and maybe just watch Date a Bullet if I end up loving her), but they actually are forcing me into watching the second season. They clearly know what they're doing. Baiting people with an actually interesting character in a sea of lame ones. That's evil.
-This made my rating go from 5 to 4, and that's the only actual show aside from Pupa I ever gave less than 5. Congratulations Date A Live.
-I don't give a single fuck about any of the other characters. Between Shido who's dumb, pedo and cheating on his gf, Tohka who's an obsessive controlling freak apparently supposed to be cute, Origami who thinks she is in a hentai (that last scene was so, so wrong) and has one of the most annoying personalities I've ever seen, Kotori whose only interesting trait happens to be based on one of the most generic and lazy plot twist ever created, Yoshino who's schyzophrenic and has a split personality without anyone caring about that, and all the other useless ones... Was there a kind of contest or what ? Like, create the most lame character ? Looks like it at least. And to think I have to see them again if I want to see more of Kurumi... I'mma punch something.
-I sound salty. I am salty. I have a special level of hatred when it comes to shows that take me for an idiot. And this one is off the chart.

Also, I just realized the opening's chorus sounds like the song from that cursed Kleenex commercial. That's a sign. This show is evil.

FafetteOct 6, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 28, 2021 6:29 PM
Dec 2017
now that was a pretty crazy episode

Jan 19, 2022 9:12 PM
Dec 2019
Ugh Origami, I was just starting to like you. That was so weird. They're 15 or 16. This show can get serious at times, why are they KIDS?
Mar 5, 2022 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
Origami reaction to how Tohka was doing was pretty funny.

Seems like the plot is getting more interesting, finally. Only problem I still have is Tohka...
May 26, 2022 10:14 PM

Dec 2018
i don't really care for the harem stuff honestly but this show is fun enough and i want to know more lore
Mar 23, 2023 10:10 AM
Feb 2022
SUPER awesome, BeST ANIME AVER SeEN
Jun 13, 2023 10:34 PM
Oct 2020
Oh boy, a swimsuit shopping episode! To prepare for the big battle/date? I wonder how many more tropes this anime has up its sleeve. And how many will I fall for? Oh well, it's fun enough to watch. I'm on board with many of the comments about more Tohka. I think it would make a better story if she played a more significant role.  
Jun 17, 2023 1:04 AM
Aug 2021
esse anime é uma porcaria
Nov 30, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2023
This, wow Origami look so good too
May 5, 5:22 AM

Aug 2019
date with kotori coming up.
maybe kotori is just making an excuse to get a date and kiss with shido >:D

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

323 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

223 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 4, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.