Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 20, 2016 3:45 AM

Feb 2013
Kyousuke and Kirino would look a lot better under the wheels of a truck, they are both awful.
I don't mind incest, but both of them really are unbearable to watch.
Sep 21, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode.
Kuroneko changed her view of the future with all 3 of them being together :)

This could've easily been the end of this season honestly.

So now they know they don't want the other to have a girlfriend / boyfriend ... great ...
Just get together already.
Dec 2, 2016 12:24 AM

Sep 2013
Kuroneko is a manipulative little shit ain't she?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 25, 2017 6:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, Kuroneko can go far away for all i care now. Holy shit, literally everything she did and said in this episode was complete nonsensical bullshit and made me despise her character, giving everyone around her pain and herself, too.

Worst episode by far.
Jul 1, 2017 8:15 PM
Sep 2009
Minttunator said:
Lurkerkiller said:
This episode seemed like it could have been a season closer. No OP, no ED, and how it kinda ended in a nice way.

I'd like to emphatically second this sentiment.

In fact, if anyone happens to be reading this after watching Oreimo's S02E09, I would strongly recommend they stop now - it's a massive downhill slide from here on out.

I've just finished all series and I had read your comment after watching S02E09 but I didn't listen.

I'd like to reemphasize your statement so that somebody out there maybe will follow your advice and won't repeat the same mistake I've made.
Aug 25, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 2016
Kirino finally show some actual sisterly care for her brother, but at the same time her approach to it all was ridiculous, so full of contradictions, but the same can be said for Kyousuke too. Kyousuke had a weak moment, but I´m I really the only one feeling that what Ruri did in the first place was low? Even though things ended well and they all seemed to more or less helped eachother in one way or another from it all... But it´s still badly playing with feelings. All according to the plans in her notebook.

I still root for them though, just a bumb of many in a relationship, but no more scams, no more cons, no more hustles, no more hoodwinks, no more gambit, no more stratagem and no more bamboozles...

AND NO MORE FLIM-FLAMS!
Nov 24, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2013
What's this? Kirino acting like a decent sister for once? I can hardly believe it.

Letting Ruri go... no comment.
Mar 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Feb 2018
This show ended for me last episode. I watch anime as a form of escapism, similar to games. So in that, i usually put myself in the place of the protagonist. Speaking purely from the viewpoint of someone with a sister, this whole show felt entirely unnatural. It is not my business who my sister dates, and who I date is sure as hell none of hers.

I watched this show once before about 4 years ago, when, quite frankly, I thought incest was kinda hot. But rewatching the show now, I just think it is trash.

Anyway, if you read this comment hoping for some insightful bullshit, you have wasted your time. I fully admit that I am a salty bastard because my waifu isn't the main girl. Now that I've typed it out, I'm considering just deleting it all, but since I put half assed effort into it, I'll probably submit it anyway and forget about it.
Jan 30, 2019 5:12 AM

Aug 2017
This is the only episode where Kirino has been tolerable. I liked MC slapping her too, serves her right.

Too bad no breakup so he could get with Ayase. Wait people are saying they did break up? I don't know. Anyway MC x Ayase or Saori for the win.
Apr 16, 2019 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
Kuronekos actions brought a lot of suffering. I felt really bad for Kyousuke, but her ulterior motive was a noble one. She forced both Kirino and Kyousuke to be genuine with their feelings. It worked, Kirino played her cards, she puts the happinesss of her brother over her own desires. This in turn put Kyousuke in a tight spot and Kuroneko was also able to ascertain that she isn't the one his heart. Hence,she swallowed the pill and pretended it was a joke all along , just so that everyone can continue to have a fun time.

I love her for that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2020 10:42 PM

Feb 2020
tuns out I'm not dropping this because as long as I see Kuroneko I'm okay. Never the less, this anime is getting 1/10. I don't care. If Kuroneko x Kyousuke isn't sailing this anime is trash.

also, Kuroneko's reactions never get old. I love her

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 11, 2020 8:52 PM

Nov 2015
So these recent episodes are supposed to teach a lesson huh.

Also that counter-slap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2020 4:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she still loves him but she broke up with him because she knows that Kirino don't want her brother to have a girlfriend ? this is VERY stupid
Oct 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Feb 2019
Wow. I really felt for Kyousuke in this one. Ghosting in general is really rough, and I think they portrayed it pretty well for a 'trashy' anime. They did well to show the desperation through the repeated checking of the phone, no replies, etc.

Kirino actually really came through this episode. She acted like Kyousuke would, actually, and comforted Kyousuke when he cried. To be honest, it was really touching to watch such a little rude brat morph into a sympathetic human being for a bit. Kirino's exclamation of her love for her brother was touching too. It was actually a tiny feels train when Kirino revealed that she actually was grateful for everything that Kyousuke has done for her and that she's just being rude to avoid the embarrassment of being nice (still doesn't excuse her for being a little shit though). Her mirroring of Kyousuke's want for the other to not have a bf/gf is saying a lot. Don't they realize that that kind of behavior is pretty much exclusive for people in love/mutual crushes? It's anime, I guess.

Honestly, I have no idea why Kuroneko even asked Kyousuke out in the first place if she knew it was going to go like this. And then after ghosting him and all (and NO apology btw) she whispers to him that her curse (that she still loves him) is still active. I really thought she was a mature character, and now she's doing all these childish acts. Really disappointed in her.
TakadonoOct 4, 2020 11:36 PM
Mar 23, 2021 10:21 AM

Feb 2021
fuck that shit i wanted kuroneko and kyousuke forever

Apr 20, 2021 12:02 AM

Mar 2016
Glad Kyousuke was finally able to turn the tables with that advice request slap xD
Really like how Kirino turned out this episode. Actually supportive and caring (bar the sudden, uncalled for arm choke) and getting out how she feels about her brother (luckily it didn't quite tip over to incesty feelings).

Not a fan of how they played out the scene when they finally found Kuroneko though. It suddenly became all about Kirino's feelings and Kyousuke was being pushed to the sidelines. Oh Kuroneko doesn't want Kirino's feelings to be hurt, but she's perfectly fine leaving Kyousuke with a broken heart?

Glad it all turned out well in the end and that hopefully Kyousuke and Kirino can accept the other having a boy/girlfriend without feeling it puts them in second place (Love vs Sibling bond and all that). Really wish Kuroneko had been more open and less blunt with her whole plan though and try to realise she can date Kyousuke without feeling she's competing with Kirino :P
Jun 1, 2021 12:50 AM

Aug 2019
honestly call me crazy but now that I know her reasoning I don’t feel like this route is as bad as some people make it out to be, especially considering they never really had a chance since she was moving anyways
Jan 14, 2022 1:31 PM

Jul 2020
So Kuroneko really did pull a Kirino this episode. Looks like we won’t be seeing her as much from now on 😞. Both brother and sister agree to only get a boy/girlfriend once the other one has that one. 😐😬 I can already see how that situation could work out.
Feb 21, 2022 4:54 AM
Nov 2019
Ehh this episode wasn't that bad as I thought it would be but it's still pretty annoying how kuroneko cares so much about kirino's feeling she should've just let her go fck herself and enjoy kyousuke
Nov 20, 2022 11:44 AM
Nov 2022
So they literally played with Kyousuke emotions..

He´s been abused the whole series, but that was just f´d up.
Jan 27, 2023 11:15 AM
Aug 2022
Finally they come clean my goodness
Feb 9, 2023 10:19 PM
Jun 2022
from my understanding, the whole point for kuroneko to date kyouske is because she wanted too see his sister and him truly happy together. however, it seems fairly obvious that kuroneko has real feelings for kyouske; she just has to regress them for the sake of not only the relationship between kirino and kyouske, but the friend group as a whole.
Feb 28, 2023 3:52 AM

Aug 2014
This could have been the final episode of the Oreimo anime. Everything wrapped up nicely here, with the male MC being the one to ask for life advice from Kirino this time. 

I dont see the need to do more episodes, and surprisingly, there are still seven more episodes left
Jul 12, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2021
Never in my countless (2) decades of existence have I ever felt so disgusted, so downright sickened, angry, offended, and outright horrified. I could witness unspeakable acts against humankind and not feel a fraction of the revulsion I've felt watching this cartoon.
Oct 26, 2023 11:53 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Ashhk
So she still loves him but she broke up with him because she knows that Kirino don't want her brother to have a girlfriend ? this is VERY stupid
@Ashhk
This. I lost all respect for she who was once my favorite character. KuroNeko has pulled the lowest of lows. Putting him thru the ringer only to end it because of the sibling no dating issue. Fuck that nonsense. Rikka is best Chuuni. Minami is my number one here now. This show just doesn't make sense.
Dec 10, 2023 4:04 AM

Nov 2023
Lol, suffer mister Kyousuke
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Jan 2021
Kuroneko redemption arc for what she did last episode

not a fan of this mini arc, because of the ending, broke my heart
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

244 by Cammell »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.