Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2013
Alrighty, this being my first post ever I've had this on my mind for the longest time in the world.

This post (and the rest of the thread) contains spoilers about some characters and possibly the end of the anime:
Please comment your pov on this topic!

Mod Edit: Added spoiler warning to the thread title and spoiler tags.
LunaFeb 8, 2014 2:13 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Silent_Shizuka_&sclick=1]
May 26, 2013 2:41 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Anime specific threads go into their respective sub-boards.
Aug 15, 2013 1:00 AM
Jul 2013
Because Kaede is batshit crazy. Why would he, or anyone, want to be with someone who abused him for most of his childhood, and has serious mental issues? She wished him death and sliced him with razorblades on numerous occasions... then that turned into love? She's nuts dude. She went full crazy mode scratching out Asa's face on the photos, then even attacked Asa and caused her to collapse after wishing death on her... Asa, while I don't appreciate her need to hit him every chance she gets (at least it's in pure friendliness not anger) is the only NORMAL one.
Patters53Aug 15, 2013 1:15 AM
Aug 15, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
When you think about it, she was one of the obvious choices. I read the VN, so I kinda think I get it.

It was either Kaede or Asa from the beginning. It couldn't be Sia or Nerine, because their routes end within 'romance' too heavily. He named Sia Alter Kikyou because of his love for Sia, he got Nerine to sing for him because he loved her and her back. Primula is a loli, and that usually doesn't happen in anime. At least, I don't think it usually does.

Kaede never goes batcrazy in the VN, but the anime is actually better than the VN because it shows all the problems like 'what do the other girls think after Rin chooses?'

So, between Kaede and Asa, Asa's happy ending was the one where Rin almost commits suicide. And he would have never thought to do that if he wasn't in love with her, so, between Kaede, whos ending leaves much unchanged, and Asa, wh's ending can't be reached if the statement "Rin loves Asa" is false, Asa seems like the obvious choice.

Because the character development for all the other girls can happen without the statement "Rin loves X" being false, except for Asa, who would die if the statement "Rin loves Asa" is false.

Asa's route also felt to me personally, like the ending closest to a harem ending. Kareha develops feelings for Rin as well, and some other things. Plus, since the world of gods is polygamous, which is brought up several times in the game, Forbesii and Shinoh take it as Rin deciding he would start at human, marry in the world of gods, then choose both Sia and Nerine, thus ruling all three realms. They thought it was brilliant.
Kami_no_KageAug 15, 2013 7:02 PM
Feb 26, 2017 8:07 PM
Sep 2012
I , myself wouldn't pick a girl who caused my parents to die along with her own mother and then torture me just cause i lied and told that i was at fault of their deaths just so she can live.Yes , just for the common share of bad and good memories i would endure being in a close realationship with her but would never allow it to go in to a lovely dovely situation.

So yeah , that's my mind on Kaede.Also i knew he wasn't gonna pick Nerine or Sia cause being the Demon/God King was too overboard for a guy like Rin...Primula is a loli so that was also out of plans...It was all Asa there to choose...

Even if the things were different with other girls , i would still root for Asa though.Donno why but since the 1st time she came out by hitting Rin's back , i knew she was somehow special and different than other girls.Behind that lovely fun girl , i felt the deeper feelings.And it was that moment that i decided Asa-Senpai was the right girl for me! I mean... for Rin! ^.^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Inter_anime »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

124 by Inter_anime »»
Yesterday, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

53 by Inter_anime »»
Jun 5, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.